Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Japan

Members
  • Posts

    1679
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by Japan

  1. [SIZE="1"]I do not know if any of you noticed much but in Eastern Washington we have been having snow storm after snow storm since Saturday. As of tonight it has snowed about two feet and there is another snow storm warning watch for tonight. I couldn't even get to work on Sunday, and classes have been canceled for two days now. Looks like classes will be canceled all week. Anyways, I am making this thread out of frustration and to see if anyone else shares my pain. I just wish they plow the streets in Spokane already, you know? At first I was happy because that meant my math test would be delayed for a day or two but this is getting so depressing. School might not be delayed tomorrow but I just heard that my bus might not even run due to bad road conditions. Anyways, anyone else share my pain?[/SIZE]
  2. [quote name='Dagger']Loveless is also blessed with the best [spoiler]yuri[/spoiler] couple in any anime ever, as far as I'm concerned. I still have hopes for a second season... maybe when the manga finishes its run?[/size] ~Dagger~[/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]I keep hearing good and bad things on this anime. Anyways, right now I am watching two anime series. Brigadoon and To Heart. To Heart has its moments but I often feel like the main character of Golden Boy with how he eagerly expects something great to happen and it's the opposite instead. I wish it was going faster. I am very impressed with Brigadoon. I want to watch more and more. I possibly want to buy this anime as well. As for manga, only two interest me. +Anima and Vampire Knight. I love the artwork for Vampire Knight and +Anima's plot is cute so far.[/SIZE]
  3. [quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]My biggest objection to dating is that I'm still considered jail bait. XP That and I still think most guys suck. I sort of lose though... since one of the guys I go to school with and I see on a regular basis since he takes piano lessons from my mom... he surprised me by giving me a present for Christmas and that sneak kissed me on the cheek when he did so. >_< Dammit! Until that moment I hadn't even realized he had a crush on me and of course I had to do something nice in return so I made some cookies and gave them to him as thanks. And then we ended up going to see the movie National Treasure together... does that count? I don't consider him my boyfriend since I don't know what I think, other than I consider him a friend. In other words... Dating is confusing and boys are as well! Gah! [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]You're Cute.[/SIZE]
  4. [SIZE="1"]I do not think it would be a good idea to have such things like that here. Look at me and more specifically Dagger. I'm sure she's seen or owns or wants to see so much anime to be able to write them down on a single piece of paper, let alone a signiture on a forum. I like how our signitures are not overly huge. They are just nice and simple.[/SIZE]
  5. [SIZE="1"]I am sure that there are quite a sum of you who either act or work on sets and props for plays. If you do then you would know that it is a very fun hobby and can even turn into a very fun career if you are lucky and know the right people. What plays have you been in or worked on? Which play was your favorite? Do you prefer acting or stagecraft? (Behind the scenes/prep work/costumes etc) If you do not like to be on stage but rather watch them, what have you seen and liked? My interest in the theatre started when I was a freshmen in high school. My first play I worked on the set and I moved them between scenes of Crazy For You. I was a props manager for Once Upon A Mattress, props crew for Miracle Worker, and now I am working on props crew for the play, Oedipus the King. I only acted for drama club's fun days where we had a movie camera and had fun with it for the day and in a One Act for a spoof on the play. I am never acting again. It was too scary for me. Besides working on the plays I do go to see some on my own but not very often.[/SIZE]
  6. [SIZE="1"]I hate the idea of dating. It scares the crap out of me as well. I just hate the feeling of being totally tied down and emotionally tied to that certain person. When I do date people it feels like I am the weight bearer of all their problems. I just have a lot of guy friends to make up for it. They seem to find me innocent, adorable, and cute. They offer to pay for stuff and sometimes I allow them. Why get tied down, you know? Last time I was in a relationship, the boyfriend threatened to beat up a lot of guys who talked with me. I hate seeing people get hurt. I hate seeing myself get hurt. If there's no dating in the picture, no one gets hurt. I love freedom of the single life too much. [/SIZE]
  7. [SIZE="1"]This has to be one of my favorite subjects. Thanks a lot. I am have to pull out my Thor's hammer and wear it all next week. Anyways... Over the years I've passed Vlad's castle, learned about all of the norse gods, and reading as many vampire books as I can find. I also love how they named the days of the week. Like Thor's day = Thursday. As for the Greek and Roman mythology, I find it interesting how the Romans borrowed from the Greeks. Thanks to Magic Bites and the Anita Blake series, I have grown fond of werepeople as well. Mmm, Lions and wererats.[/SIZE]
  8. [SIZE="1"]Ever since watching the chuckie movies, all dolls are scary and should be disposed of.[/SIZE]
  9. [SIZE="1"]Before I start this thread off I will have to apologise if I offend anyone. I only watched the first episode. This is just my opinion of it so far and if I am ever bored enough to watch another episode. Now here's my thoughts: When it first started out I laughed out loud and said loudly, this is so lame! Here are my reasons for this. The evil organization reminds me of the KKK. When they were introducing the heros, Justice League came to mind. ( I do not have anything wrong against Justice League) Anyways, it's over dramatic and the main hero is boy and his robot named Giant Robo. I really hate overly dramatic and cheesy anime. Don't you?[/SIZE]
  10. Japan

    Brigadoon

    [SIZE="1"]I can't wait...go see it now! They do, typical kind of relationship as far as I can tell. I read a review on it and I am quite surprised that they said that this anime has been on the shelves for quite a while and it is not well known. I feel that this anime deserves some praise.[/SIZE]
  11. [SIZE="1"]Brigadoon is about a fourteen year old girl orphan named Marin who has a wild imagination. One day when some evil alien robot fell from the sky and started to attack her, she ran to a shrine and threw something that she found outside at it, releasing some type of living weapon shows up and protects her. I have not seen many episodes because I am watching them as they come out on On Demand. However, I find myself liking this science fiction anime more and more with each episode I watch. It has some really great themes in it like dealing with bullies and being teased. The opening theme especially is pretty awesome. I love the song very much. It feels like it gives a view of what poor people's lives are like. So what are your opinions on this anime? [/SIZE]
  12. [SIZE="1"]Colleges lust over money and nothing else.[/SIZE]
  13. [SIZE="1"]My list has been chosen by the fact that the winners here are anime that I watch over and over and over and never get bored of it. [B]1. Gravitation[/B] The best Shonen-ai out there. Yuki is so breathtaking and Shuichi makes me crack up laughing so easily. Plus the music is superb! I've must of seen this anime over thirty times. I love it that much. [B]2. Outlaw Star[/B] Who doesn't like this old time favorite? There's comic relief as well as a serious side to this anime. My favorite episode has to be the Hot springs one. [B]3. Fushigi Yugi[/B] Great Shojo. I cried at the end. I love Tasuki and Nuriko best. [B]4. .hack//SIGN[/B] This anime has a lot of pschological themes to it. I never get bored of it for some reason. The music is awesome and I love a lot of the characters. [B]5. Gundam Wing[/B] This was one of my first animes that I ever watched. I was super obsessed with Heero Yuy for four years. It is rather embaressing to talk about that now. It had a great plot, beautiful art, and awesome music. [B]Honorable Mentions:[/B] Hellsing, Trigun, SuperGALS, Marmalade Boy, Gundam 08th MS Team, Serial Experiments Lain These are honorable mentions because I love them but not to the point to have a desire to watch over and over.[/SIZE]
  14. Japan

    Rock Band

    [SIZE="1"]There are a lot of things that I do not like about this game. One is a biased opinion. With the drum, the foot petal is very fragile. If you are not gentle with it, it breaks. The drum doesn't always register your hits when you try to go 'all out' for bonus hits. The guitar seems like it is nothing new so far. (Guitar Hero) I always get stuck singing.
  15. [SIZE="1"]Who is it? Adam Why is he nifty? Why not? Without him, no Otakuboards, no TheOtaku, no MyOtaku--nor even the FUNDS to keep the forums and the sites going. He is one of the most devoted web developers I have ever seen. Who is it? Desbreko aka Dessy =3 Why is he nifty? He is the only staff with super nad powers. He is a video game guru. Also, he has the most stalkers in the history of this site, (besides Juu I think) and he has long hair. 'nuff said.[/SIZE]
  16. Happy..yeah...I said this a million times at work. For once I am not going to say it. While I type this I am sipping my forty-two ounce water with lemon that I sipped on all night at work. Let me tell you, the McDonalds I work at earned $1200 from people ordering everything on the menu times ten. Working graveyard on New Year's Eve is the [I]absolute worst![/I] Now on to the resolutions that everyone thinks is manditory. [LIST] [*]Go to bed early [*]Wake up early [*]Have more patience at work [*]Study harder [*]work out more to get my abs to what they used to be. (I'm still skinny but I want to be muscular) [*]Go to Sakura Con [/LIST]
  17. [SIZE="1"]So far I met two people from the internet. One is a good friend from a MUD called Achaea. The other is....I can't remember his screen name but his AIM is like Airmen something or other and his name is Will. I kind of wish I didn't meet him because he spent the entire time playing video games and I just followed him around. I might be going to the Sakura Con. If I do I hope to meet Panda.[/SIZE]
  18. [SIZE="1"]I struggle with this at times as well. It's not that I am dumb or anything. Hating college, lack the motivation, and/or other little things become factors. Part of my problem is that I took a lot of art and computer classes in high school. That just made me lazy and not learn much, heh. I need to learn to drop a class BEFORE the 100% refund day passes. Heh. My advice is to be honest with them. They are your parents, you are their kid. Enough said. Anyways, my advice is to find some kind of motivation. Then work your butt off to do the best you can.[/SIZE]
  19. [SIZE="1"]The creation of my screen name starts way before 2001 when I joined here. It all started when I was roughly 13-14 years old. My older sister had an email account at Yahoo and I begged her to help me make an email account to. I wanted one because I wanted to be just like her and to be able to enjoy Cartoonnetwork.com to the fullest because I had an 'email'. Anyways, in 2001 I wandered here and used that same screen name(Japan_86) here. I used that screen name [I]everywhere[/I]. I basically created that on Yahoo because I liked Pokemon and DBZ and it had my birth year attached. - Sister's idea was the '_86' part. After forgetting about this place and coming back in 2003, that name kind of 'stuck'. I tried to change it twice but I was still called Japan. So this name is here to stay forever.[/SIZE]
  20. [SIZE="1"]When I look back, I realize that over the years this place has effected me in a negatively in a way. Do not get me wrong. I do not regret it. However, all these years I spent a lot of time online when I could be studying or bettering myself. But what's done is done. Besides these things there are some positive as well. My grammar is better and I have a lot of great and close friendships because of being here.[/SIZE]
  21. [SIZE="1"]Work all night and get hit on by drunks.[/SIZE]
  22. [SIZE="1"]Good one Lunox! If my character wore clothes, she'd be like that. Anyways, here is my drawing of Siena for you to compare to.This is before she got the tattoo on the arm. (Old drawing)[/SIZE] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26484&stc=1&d=1198523797[/IMG]
  23. [quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]This still begs the question, which you conveniently ignored. You drop [u]everything.[/u] To help a total [u]stranger.[/u] Because going to volunteer at soup kitchens is fine, and there's nothing wrong with that, but nowhere in your original post did you mention such things. But if you expect me to believe that if some random stranger asked you to do something for them, besides just lend them change to make a phone call, you'd do it. Even if you were rushing off to see a movie with friends, or visit someone in the hospital, or so on and so forth. Sorry, but I am having difficulty imagining that.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]If you don't believe me then that is fine. There is nothing I can do to have you believe me other than follow me from a day to day basis but I do not see that happening. I help because I love to. I am not anyone special. I am just me. It is probably hard for you to believe. You said so yourself, that areayou call home has no love for anyone. I see people do these things on a daily basis anyhow. People even helped me.[/SIZE]
  24. Japan

    School Life

    [SIZE="1"]I hate college. It's that simple. I am going to Apollo college soon I hope. It is more in tune with my learning style plus the program I want into only last nine months. Then I get a job and get paid $14 an hour! (Or something like that)[/SIZE]
  25. [quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Okay, here's where I have to enter what we call the reasonable suspension of disbelief. You drop EVERYTHING and go help a total stranger. Do you actually stick around to see if someone makes that phone call? Because you know calls aren't 25 cents anymore. And who doesn't know how to just make a collect call? I figured that out when I was 9. I mean sure you might feel some sort of swelling, but that might just be the veins in your forehead responding to the realization that you just gave a quarter to someone who pocketed it and then later spent it on crack. And are we assuming also that while your friend didn't have time for dinner, she had time to eat the nachos? [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]Ok, if they have change in their hand, by the phone, but not enough change, then sure. Not everyone is a drug addict, at least in Washington State. Don't let your past experiences think everyone is the same as the people you have come across. Sorry I should been clearer for anyone unfamiliar with eating with friends. Eating dinner with a friend does not take very long however it does take time to prepare a meal. Not only that but it also takes time to eat it in a proper manner to enjoy the hard cooking. We only had seven minutes for dinner so that obviously wasn't enough time. It's not a hard thing to do to help people and be smart about it. Volunteering at a soup kitchen works wonders. Homeless get fed and they do not get money for drugs. They just get a full stomach, and perhaps a cookie or two for on the go.[/SIZE]
×
×
  • Create New...