-
Posts
1679 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Japan
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I hate thread repeats. For me, I am against homosexuality and I am not afraid to express those feelings. But I still care for my friends who are. Heck, one of my best friends is gay. I do not shun him because of that. It's what's inside that counts, you know?[/COLOR]
-
[quote name='Retribution'][size=1]Yeah, but I find it odd/disturbing/sadly predictable we've totally forgot about such a greater tragedy [i]that still causes human suffering[/i] and some earthquake that's taken relatively few lives is getting this press. Sort of like Katrina. When's the last you read a story on New Orleans?[/size][/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkRed"]So you think that since it doesn't concern you, who cares? You are selfish. Bad things happen yes, but I have a right to hear when something happens to my friends. I'm sure that is the case for everyone. [/COLOR]
-
[URL="http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/412418"]http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/412418[/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Here is a link to the news story. When I heard this from my Japanese friend, I panicked. I hope that his family is alright. At least it seems to only have 2 deaths total. [/COLOR]
-
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I went to Uwajimaya in Seattle, Washington this weekand. For those of you who do not know, it is a grocery store/gift store. It also holds an Asian food court and a book/music/anime/manga store. Anyways, I heard about this band when I was watching AZN, Asia tv network for the USA. They were advertising their newest cd, Shanghai. When I went to look at the cds at Uwajimaya to see if I could find any Orange Range or Yui, I found this cd instead. I immediately bought it and I have to say that this band is awesome! The band has 13 beautiful Chinese women who perform their own interpitation of Chinese folklore music and today's hits with traditional Chinese instraments. The music is magnificent. If you do not know who they are or have not heard of them, please check them out on Youtube.[/COLOR]
-
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Japan_86/dragon-1.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Connection: Asian Took this at Uwajimaya in downtown Seattle, Washington[/COLOR]
-
[quote name='White'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Oh, come on. Because the announcing of Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party DS, Super Mario Galaxy release date (Nov. 12) and new gameplay, Super Smash Bros. Brawl release date (Dec. 3) and new gameplay, Metroid Prime 3 gameplay/walkthrough, The Wii Zapper presentation (Ghost Squad and Resident Evill for the Wii) wasn't enough. >_> I'm seriously excited for Super Mario Galaxy. It comes out 7 days before my (and Shinmaru's) Birthday! Nintendo always did love us November babies.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkRed"]I just meant that I was excited for Nintendo until they got to Wii fitness. All that other stuff, cool. I just can't wait for Metroid Prime and Mario kart...that's it. If I want to play Mario, I stick with Mario 64 and the mini games for the Mario DS game.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I only watched the Nintendo and Sony Conferences. I was all happy about the Nintendo one until they got into Wii Fitness. From there, my interest in E3 went down the drain. I was disappointed that they did not talk about Devil May Cry 4 in Sony's but I guess that is just me. Killzone 2 looks kind of fun. I guess I am too prideful to say anymore than that about it.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I edited the animals out...except for the rats. Yes, Empire is symbolic. [/COLOR]
-
[IMG]http://www.maj.com/gallery/Japan86/Random-Stuff/weird2.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="DarkRed"] Took this in downtown Seattle. Connection: Statue[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"][U][I][B]Forsaken City[/B][/I][/U] This was once the original city for all good Otaku's. However it was lost in the Holy Wars of version 2. The people of good who could, fled from their homeland in fear what may happen to them when the Overlord Blue Demon and his viruses arrived. Those that were left behind, were either forced into manual labor, or used for science experiments. The luckier ones were just killed on the spot. Those that tried to escape or rebel against the Viruses were killed and their corpses hung from street lamps to show what happened if you try to go against the vast Virus Empire. After the viruses arrived, black clouds covered the shining sun. Some say that this happened when Blue Demon inputed a virus that he created into the sky. Now in Version 7, the viruses are still a force to be reckoned with. The city in general is very worn down, the castle itself in ruins. A toxic red smog surrounds the city due to many years of toxic waste and pollution. The city is rat infested. The bodies, now skeletons, are still hanging from the street lamps for decoration and viruses loom around the city. [CENTER]-----------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] What do you think? I will impliment a base for the spammers aka noob mountain when I write a description/history of the wastelands. I am going to try to write a thing for Otaku City next. Whatever comes to me first.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Charlie Bin Laden's Autobiography![/SIZE][/CENTER] Charlie Bin Laden is a very interesting person indeed. There is a reason for his madness and lack of concern for Otakuboards. He was just a normal boy, living the usual life of any boy in Otaku City. Everything that Charlie knew went upside down one night. It was a cool that night in 1985. Charlie was only four years old. His parents were brutally murdered. Confused and shocked as he ran out of the house. He bumped into a very handsome man who immediately tried to comfort him. This man introduced himself as Rick Hunter. Since then, Rick Hunter became a father-like figure in Charlie's life. Rick raised him up to take revenge on those who disliked him in Otaku City. Rick told Charlie once that they will find hid parent's killer one day, but in the meantime Charlie had to use his cleverness and wit to become an infamous poster. Charlie was once again, happy. The day of Charlie's seventh birthday, Charlie decided to surprise Rick while he was in his office working. Creeping up to the door, Charlie heard Rick growl. Instead of surprising Rick, he leaned against the door, curiousity taking over. What he heard was very disturbing. [I]Rick....killed my parents?[/I] Charlie thought to himself. Charlie, distraught and going mad, rushed into the office. Rick Hunter was sitting in his chair. Charlie started to punch Rick Hunter in the stomach. Rick stood up easily and threw Charlie across the room almost knocking the boy unconscious. Rick yawned and sat back down and continued his phone conversation with his collegue. A minute later, there was a ding from the elevator as the elevator stopped. The door opened and several cats piled high poured out. [B]Meeeeeeooooooooooooooooow![/B] They chanted. As they started to attack Rick Hunter. Several bites, scratches, pisses, and hisses later, Rick Hunter was dead in a pool of blood. The cats approached Charlie cautiously not sure if he was dead or not. Once they heard a moan from the boy's throat, they purred and rubbed against him. After a while, the cats finally got him to stand up. They walked out and continued to walk to the hills on the outskirts of Otaku City. It was an odd sight to see. A young boy, bloody bruised walking up the street, and about one hundred or so cats following him. The rest is history.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I am not superstious at all. I love to nuzzle black cats any and every day.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]How about mountain dew as well?[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]In the MUD that I play called Achaea, there are quite a few ways to get your character revived. Priests revived, those with the grove skill can resurrect in their groves, and those who do not have another person to help them simply pray for salvation and after a few minutes they are alive again. Or, a person can throw them in a special flame to resurrect them too. Well, I think that if someone dies, they will have to wait five posts to be able to continue. Or two posts when someone resurrects them. What do you think?[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I've seen like three episodes of this. Even though it is not my favorite, I would watch it if I have nothing better to do. You are probably watching a censored version because if I remember right, the show had a lot of language. [/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Peach Girl? Bleh! I read like 10 pages of one volume and I was disgusted. What I read was the main girl waking up in someone's bed and she couldn't believe she was there and that she apparently had sex or something. From what I got from that... "I can't believe I slept with a guy? Oh my gosh! I'm dress like a slut and I feel like one now." I was not impressed. [/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I just watched some of the nintendo news conference. The new controllers that they made look like a lot of fun. There is the zapper that will be used for Resident Evil. It is like duck hunt but you zap zombies instead! When they talked about the new wheel controller for the Mariokart game on the Wii, I was ecstatic. Mariokart is one of my favorite nintendo games. The wheel will make it a challenge to play since I never used a wheel before for racing games. [/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]What about players vs players? It would make things interesting.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I started with Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Dragonball Z in 1998 in England. Yeah, the last two are overdone anime. However, the first episode that I watched of Sailor Moon was in German. I just vaguely understood it. After that, it was history. I moved back to the states and I got into Toonami and met some friends who downloaded anime off the internet. Shortly after starting high school, I bought my first manga, Kare Kano, and collected the last volume this year.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]It is almost a sin to not have an E3 thread here. As gamers we all know the excitement that E3 brings every year. I am looking forward to Halo 3 and Devil May Cry 4. Sorry, I am not that much of a gamer so the start of the thread sucks. There is no excuse to not have a thread on E3! So what do you guys think of the upcoming games? Any other things that excite you?[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I am at a nine at the moment. Even though I am couped in the house every day all day, nothing can put me in a bad mood when I am watching footage of Halo 3. -drools- When I think of Halo 3, I also think of Devil May Cry 4. I am such a fanatic for these series. Awwww, I am in heaven! Now I am at a ten! -goes back to watching E3-[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Couldn't there be more than just brushes for weapons? Not all anime fans are artists you know. There could also be plushies and a katana. Perhaps my original idea was overpowered a bit, however, I still like the idea of the personal item that they have to draw out their powers. It can be any random thing. However, it can bring out stronger skills of their former self. manga, etc. Spammer should not be able to get this job.[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Each wiseman has their weapon that is personal to them. Whether it is a cat, cookie, plushie, or whatever. Over time, that weapon becomes something like a mod rod. Each wiseman has an OB element ofl power that is personal to them. Discussion, Art/Beauty, Otaku Lore, CATitude, Writing, etc. They draw power from the boards through their item/weapon. OB is like a religion to them. This is not a starting class. They would have to reach a certain level before they can choose to obtain it. (Thanks Shy)[/COLOR]
-
[COLOR="DarkRed"]That is a hard question to be asking me. I would watch anything and everything so long as it was not too dirty. Looking at my favorite anime, I guess that first and formost, it needs to have comedy included.Two, it needs to have either of these genres included: [LIST=1] [*]Action [*]Adventure [*]Fantasy [*]Romance [*]Horror [*]Mystery [*]Drama [/LIST] But comedy is a must. As for those who say that InuYasha and Bleach do not have romance either have not watched any the movies or does not have an imagination. I have a weird sense of likes and dislikes when it comes to anime because I have a wide range of different anime that I like. Bleach, SuperGALS, Gundam Wing, Hellsing, .hack//SIGN, Outlaw Star and Tenchi are some of my favorites. I guess that my least favorite genre would have to be science fiction, but I still watch those.[/COLOR]