Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [quote][font="Georgia"]Pity poor Hannah, who received a startling text message on her cellphone, sent from her father: â??Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.â? [/font] [font="Georgia"]After Hannah registered her alarm, her father quickly texted back: â??I wrote â??Disney,â?? and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.â? [/font][size="1"]- NYTimes.com[/size][/quote]
  2. [quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1295425793' post='704019'] [font="Garamond"]yOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE your smarties are rockets, our smarties are milk chocolate with a sweet candy coating the real smartie!!!!!!!![/font] [/quote] CHOCOLATE SMARTIES 4 LIFE. Now back to delivering the questions, segments, feedback, topics, intermissions, music etc for episode 11 with Des and Shin.
  3. Boo

    Battle Tag

    Well, I personally love Laser Tag, though it's mostly a combination of the smoke and mirrors that does the epic feelies. All that's missing in my house to do stuff like this. :( Seems like a [b][i]blast[/i][/b][i] [/i]to do with friends though.
  4. Boo

    Battle Tag

    [url="http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/18/ubisofts-battle-tag-launches-assault-on-texas-tomorrow-canada/"]JoyStiq article[/url] This is apparently already pretty old news, but I just thought I'd share it for those who hadn't heard. Battle Tag's what UbiSoft themselves call a fun game/app hybrid. Basically it's just a home laser tag game, except connected to your computer. I'm not sure about how amazing this is. Could be loads of fun, though I find it fun how the article says the game is only announced to release in [b]Texas[/b] and [b]Canada[/b] so far. I guess in Texas to stop people from using the real thing and in Canada because not enough people use the real thing. Or summin' like that.
  5. That's one great finale. And a real classy album name too.
  6. Hmph, I wonder how she'll work her amount of f-bombs in there though.
  7. That's beautiful. ;_; I never would've thought anyone could sing that and Katana [i]nailed[/i] it. Wow. Just wow. Anyone willing to compete with that?
  8. [quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1295116080' post='703917'] Hey guys... I found an issue. Okay so Dragoonsreaper found me on msn complaining that he forgot his password, and he couldn't get the email to reset it. I tried this out for myself, and I know which email my account is connected to... and I didn't get the message either. Perhaps someone with Website power should try this out too... but currently there is a poor member who was active for a while that is left outside the house in the cold, harsh internet wilderness. [/quote] [quote name='James' timestamp='1294196208' post='703643'] [font="Palatino Linotype"]Lyndy, I think I might know what this is. We've run into a problem with our email system due to the newsletter overloading our allowance for that account. I think that all OB-based emails may run into an issue now. I am working with Adam to resolve that, so hopefully we'll have a solution soon. I'll let everyone know. :) Sorry for the inconvenience - I know it must be very annoying.[/font] [/quote]
  9. Holy poop, I didn't notice that long break in between the last words and the song. Ha. It's kinda fun actually. The song is [i]of course[/i] a very heartfelt song for Korey who I planned my schedule around for the last 10 weeks. Plus, an excuse to sing "Ace and Gome were luvvin". Also, that pee test thing was unintentionally on the recording of Dee and Molly's introduction, like the Lucifer part, but I liked it so much that I decided to keep it. BTW, I have no idea where there was real swearing apart from where the Super Deluxe Exclusive OB Podcast auto censoring device[b] [/b]threw random noises and words on them. So yeah. I'm too lazy to listen through the whole thing again, marking the timestamps. BUT I'M GLAD IT'S SPECIAL.
  10. Hey guys and girls! It's time for a new OtakuBoards Podcast episode! Yay! And it's our tenth anniversary! To celebrate this joyous occasion we invited [b]Anomaly and White[/b][u][b] [/b][/u]to represent their hood, yo! (Canada) There was a lot of cursing/Anomaly involved, but a lot of it got censored by our Super Deluxe Exclusive OB Podcast auto censoring device. We discuss [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44839-your-morgan-nicholson-list/"]Bucket Lists[/url] and Canada and Girls' Generation and Korean Idols and a lot more awesome stuff! It of course features the news segment by Kei, the anime review by Shinmaru and a fanfic by The Professor. (Chibi has something deathly in her throat which kind of sabotaged her weekly bit) And witness an even further excelling of Korey's rebellious feelings towards authority James. [color="#ffffff"]I wasn't there, don't blame me. [/color] Enjoy! [center][size="7"][b][url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/"]EP. #10: WHO THE MOO IS THAT?![/url][/b] PARENTAL ADVISORY EXPLICIT CANADIANS[/size] [/center] Also, we figured OtakuBoards needs an anthem, so here's the text and the tune it goes to: (It'd be like [i]****ing awesome[/i] if somebody sang that for the next episode 8D) [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4uzm04MKvo"] [/url][center][youtube]S4uzm04MKvo[/youtube] [/center][center]OtakuBoards! Our online family! True craziness in all thy members be.[/center] [center] [/center][center]With itching hands we long to post, Desbreko, James, Korey![/center] [center] [/center][center]From across the globe, OtakuBoards, weâ??ll always return to thee.[/center] [center] [/center][center]Please always be, for all eternity! OtakuBoards, weâ??ll always return to thee.[/center] [center] [/center][center]OtakuBoards, weâ??ll always return to thee.[/center] [center] [/center] [left]Also, start thinking of stuff for the next episode. Because you're going to love the next episode even before it's come out. You probably loved it the moment the OB Podcast concept was thought of! (Hey, we talk about that in episode 10!) Though first it's time for this podcast, and [i]then[/i] the next one! Yay! [color="#ffffff"]Spoils beans: It will feature Desbreko and Shinmaru and the music of Dragon Warrior aka BanditLight![/color] [/left]
  11. I guess the "fruits" and the smile did it.
  12. [quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1294712758' post='703780'] I have recently have gained enough recording equipment to start doing music projects at home rather than waiting around for the studio at my university to open up for my two other bands. This means I can finally put in the time to work on my solo music project [b]Banditlight[/b] that I've reluctantly had to put off for so long. I categorize it on Facebook as "indie lo-fi scarf rock" because I basically don't know what to call it. After searching enough genres those seemed to fit. My influences are bands like Margot and the Nuclear So & So's, Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Bird, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, Aqualung, Great Lake Swimmers, Tigers That Talked, and Sleeping At Last, which may be apparent when you listen (if you know 'em). As of right now, only one song is up, plus a cover, but a few more will be up as the week goes. [/quote] You're much, [i]much[/i] cooler than Andrew Bird and SSLYBY. So cool that I'm going to ask you if I can actually download it and use it somewhere in the next podcast. :V
  13. Wheeeee! Also, cool stuff Shin and Kei. It's over an hour o_o I'm glad you didn't ask me to edit it to fit in the podcast, hoho. Concerning the podcast troubles: [url="http://blameon.ytmnd.com/"]BlameOn[/url].
  14. Alright so I started reading [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A"]this article[/url] and I thought the topic was interesting enough. [quote][font="Book Antiqua"][Many of us leave behind more than just the familiar things in our wills] Suppose you blogged or tweeted about this article, or dashed off a Facebook status update, or uploaded a few snapshots from your iPhone to Flickr, and [i]then [/i]logged off this mortal coil. Itâ??s now taken for granted that the things we do online are reflections of who we are or announcements of who we wish to be. So what happens to this version of you that youâ??ve built with bits? Who will have access to which parts of it, and for how long?[/font] [size="1"][b]~Rob Walker, NYTimes.com[/b][/size][/quote] So I was just wondering how aware you are of your internet activities and if you have ever thought about the above. Does your behaviour online reflect the person you are or who you want to be (remembered as)? Personally, I've become a lot more aware of what I do online in the past years. I try to avoid any public ridiculous stuff, I only keep a few social networking profiles and then I don't use my full name for those. I even deleted some extremely horrible OB posts (especially stuff I posted in the last few years that I just didn't think was Boo-ish enough). Funnily, I actually did many of this with the idea of "what if this is what I'm to be remembered by?" because I tend to think of death a lot in a non-depressive, non-emo-ish way. More in this way of "ah well, that's life." "[color="#ffffff"]NO NOTRLY, ITS DEATH"[/color] Also I'm very aware in the way that I constantly think things like "how would my children react on that?" for example. The first thought that jumps to mind when I see Madonna videos is "WHAT WILL THEIR CHILDREN THINK?!" Things you could i.e. discuss: [list][*]Did you ever think of your internet activities as something you'd leave behind?[*]Do you think your Internet-you is a good resemblance of what you'd [i]like[/i] others to see / of what you'd like to leave behind?[*]How aware of your internet activities are you?[*]Should there be some kind of official legal measure be taken around internet histories of deceased people?[/list]And more stuff!
  15. Just want to put you boys and girls in the right state of mind for the upcoming show. It has a bit of a delay, but here's a taste of what's to come: [center][size="6"][url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/2011/01/05/sangome-still-in-love/"]SANGOME (or SanGoMoS) - STILL IN LOVE[/url][/size] A Love Song. [left] Enjoy! [/left] [/center]
  16. [size="1"][color="#808080"]die"[/color][/size] So, inspired by the thread about the world ending in May or in 2012... What do you want to do before then? And don't be politically correct now. The question is: What do [u][b][i]you[/i][/b][/u] want to do before the end of the/your world? Personally, I want to go to Greenland because for some reason I became all fascinated of Greenland three years ago and I'm still mustering up the courage to actually go there. If the world would end a few years later I would want to see what my children would look/be like. If they're horrible I hope the end will come soon. Oh yeah, and I want to have made a music album of my own.
  17. If Otakuboards.com was a country, it would be larger than [url="http://www.visualizetraffic.com/exit.php?u=Pitcairn%20Islands"]Pitcairn Islands[/url] with its 52 daily visitors!
  18. OR. You could buy a Russian bride off the internet.
  19. I keep hearing "CaNzas" instead of Kansas. My girlfriend actually said "I'm sure they'll be fine without you. Now stop talking about it," on Wednesday. And of course she was right. You don't even need me. :( [b][i]BUT ON TO THE MATTERS AT HAND[/i][/b] Episode 9 is coming up and we need new questions, segments, topics, songs, everything!
  20. [b]1) What is it?[/b] Futer [b]2) Why was it nifty?[/b] ... nvm. It actually wasn't and never will be. [b]1) What is it? [/b]Dragon Warrior [b]2) Why was it nifty? [/b]LEGEND, kupo. [b]1) What? [/b]Shy [b]2) Why? [/b][i]Well, duh.[/i] [b]1) What? [/b]Podcast segments [b]2) Why? [/b]Without them the podcast would be a monotonous bunch o' poo. [b]1) What? [/b]Shinmaru('s voice) [b]2) Why? [/b][i]Well, duh.[/i][b] [/b] [b]1) What is it?[/b] Sangome [b]2) Why was it nifty?[/b] Because even though she pretends to hate everyone except for Ace (and me in particular), she's still one of the kindest and most involved members of OtakuBoards, showing her avatar everywhere and pretty much everyone knows her. Besides, she's one of the funnest members to involve in funs. [b]1) What is it?[/b] Korey [b]2) Why was it nifty?[/b] Yee-ha, partner! Let's rally up some cows and make us some podcast burgers! Korey is the vocals and lead guitars to the OtakuBoards podcast, so pretty much [i]THE VOICE OF OTAKU[b]BOARDS[/b].[/i] [b]1) What is it?[/b] Writing Otaku[b]Boards[/b] with the Boards in bold. [b]2) Why was it nifty?[/b] No one does this anymore. Whoever does is [i]OLD SCHOOL=COOL. [/i]
  21. That's September 19, dude. :(
  22. Ok. It's time. Episode 007 is out. NOW. [center][size="7"][b][url="http://soundcloud.com/otakuboards/ob-podcast-007-the-holy-number-holiday-special"]Episode 007![/url] [/b][/size][left] It speaks for itself, I guess. Enjoy. Don't turn your volume up too high. Merry Christmas. CHRISTMAS CAKE, SEPARATE FILE AND LYRICS FOUND [url="http://soundcloud.com/otakuboards/christmas-cake"]HERE[/url]. Audio files are downloadable by clicking the little downward arrow button above the audio track. [/left] [/center]
  23. I think you sent it elsewhere. :(
  24. [quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1292878624' post='703004'] I just finished reading [u]Fahrenheit 451[/u] in school. The book was okay, I guess, but it seemed really predictable at most parts. I was kind of impressed that the author made a couple of his antagonist characters have really decent cases [i]against[/i] books when the protagonists were so obviously [i]for[/i] books. Although I will say that it seems sort of counter-productive to give antagonists really good ammo like that. [/quote]I know right. The story was not really incredibly impressive, though still interesting enough. Though I thought the scene-setting of the book was pretty cool, the way the world was focused completely on BIG and OBVIOUS and IN YOUR FACE and how F°451 described violence on TV like we often see it now (ie. Happy Tree Friends) while it seems completely surreal when you read it.
  25. [quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1292910181' post='703026'] ugh jury summons WRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY [/quote] Roflz, I'm so glad we don't have that. 8D
×
×
  • Create New...