-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
If we could indeed toss feeds in there of things like Twitter or our podcast things, that'd be ultra grand! :^D
-
I don't want a connection with someone just because we like the same band/game/film/comic books, so I don't stuff it in people's faces. Sometimes I'll wear a Batman shirt because it's a cool shirt. Sometimes I'll wear my Silversun Pickups or Wir Sind Helden shirt because they have 1337 colours and design, but I hate those shirts that go all "I'm an ugly shirt, but I'm representing!!!" **** you, shirt. **** you.
-
So, just to clear up stuff: The podcast has moved to a new fantastic server some weeks ago thanks to Petie. This means it's on a new feed, this means the old feed is to be forgotten. The new feed is[b] [url="http://www.muscletower.com/itunes.php?id=5"]here[/url][/b], and you can either manually add it to iTunes, or just search OTAKUBOARDS in the iTunes Store and select the one with EXPLICIT written all over it in bright red letters. Also, we have big plans for podcasts in the nearby future. Until then, we're still very much open to questions, feedback, ideas, audio chunks, songs, etc. We haven't had a proper "hi this is [...]" intro in ages. Pfft.
-
[b]YES. Name:[/b] Kliktaproxma�igrafftooklikkiklortopzz [i][b]"Bomber" [/b][/i]Bizzaxxxotlop IXAAXL [b]Age:[/b] Ancient like a god. [b]Homeworld / Origin:[/b] Tzeelotorpioxx. Or[b][i] Reptillion[/i][/b] according to Humans. Once a grand planet with a highly advanced culture and cities built in and around marshes, under water, in the trees, everywhere. It does no longer exist. The few survivors (chosen by the ancient 'survival of the fittest') have since started roaming. Seeing as the fittest are not always the nicest, a lot of them turned to pirating or hired themselves out as mercenaries, hitmen and the likes. [b]Species/Appearance:[/b] Tzeelotorpioro. Or [i][b]Reptillian[/b][/i] according to Humans. As a smaller Reptillian [b][i]Bomber[/i][/b] stands at about 7'5" and has a big muscular tail of about 6'5" dragging after him. He's had it for so long that he manages to fully control it... most of the time. To compare him to an actual animal in the Earthly animal kingdom, he'd be most like an [url="http://www.australien-ozeanien.de/desktop-background/Australia/pics-2007/water-dragon_1440x900.jpg"]Eastern Water Dragon[/url] appearancewise, mohawk thing and all. Though he's a real muscular one. You'll often see him wear his completely black sunglasses and even an occasional black cowboy hat. Basically. he looks a lot like a reptile version of Motörhead's lead [url="http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgqAik04RCbYK6fJmnut1Egv--AIDN7y1MitnAGd0IWFhXhwil&t=1"]Lemmy[/url] his one true inspiration. Bomber's name is also derived from one of his two favourite songs. His Reptillian nature allows for about 40 times the amount of alcohol consumption however. [b]Special Skills / Abilities:[/b] Bomber always made sure he'd be sailing under a decent captain so that he'd never have to learn the traits of navigating or anything technical like that. In return, he'd do all the fighting. When he isn't fighting he'll be working out or drinking. He's also a self taught electric bass guitarist (just like his idol) and he spends most of the day singing during whatever activity he's undertaking, which tends to piss people off though not many would say it to Bomber's face. He's got a fantastic pair of lungs and can sing with the kind of power that does his name honour. His bass axe with everdistortion is good for both bashing people's heads in and blasting music out of the speakers built into Bomber's boots. In short, he's all brawl and a bit meh in the brains department. [b]Theme Songs: [/b] [center][youtube]Kd6dtkuKvao[/youtube] [/center][center][b]Love Me Like a Reptile by Motörhead [/b][/center][center] Knew I had to bite you baby when I first laid eyes on you, That moment turned me on, I can't believe it's true, And I like to watch your body sway, I got no choice, I'm gonna twist your tail, Love Me Like A Reptile, I'm gonna sink my fangs in you Thunder lizard, stony eye, you got me hypnotised, Hot tongue breaks in and out and I can't believe my eyes, And your soft white belly, next to mine, Scaly baby, see you shine, Love Me Like A Reptile, you're murder in disguise, Black mamba, murderer disguised Baby you're a rattlesnake, you know the way I feel, Feel you crawling up my back, you've got no love to steal, You know I've got my eyes on you, You're petrified, gonna stick like glue, Love Me Like A Reptile, shock you like an electric eel [youtube]gQ5-vPcfE-Y[/youtube] [b]Bomber by Motörhead [/b]Ain't a hope in hell, Nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, Five miles off the ground, Because we shoot to kill, And you know we always will, It's a Bomber Scream a thousand miles, Feel the black death rising moan, Firestorm coming closer, Napalm to the bone, Because, you know we do it right, A mission every night, It's a Bomber No night fighter, Gonna stop us getting through, The sirens make you shiver, You bet my aim is true, Because, you know we aim to please, Bring you to your knees, It's a Bomber [/center]
-
[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1306278191' post='707588'] [color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Or it has something to do with us being weird modly peoplez.[/font][/color] [/quote] orite, forgot about that 8D
-
Depends on your settings. For me it's 400, but when you set the posts to 50 per page it'll be about 150 or summin.
-
So. With the international court of justice in The Hague being sweeped away after the second Impact, where is the new one? :V (New Hague?) The Alps? Switzerland? Strasbourg, France? Mecca, Saudi Arabia? Antartica? Greenland? THE MOON? Just wondrin'. Also, what has happened with the EU? Is Europe now a kind of United States of Europe or still the same as it used to be? Does the EU have more than just mainly economical and social value now? Stuff like that :V And NATO! :^D Seeing as WWIII whiped out quite a lot was NATO forced to dissolve or are they only more solid than ever? So many questions, such a little netbook keyboard to type them on! (I should really watch those the End of Evangelion again to understand more of the Lilith, Lilim, Adam, stuff. I only just found out that [spoiler]the angel on the cross was actually Lilith instead of Adam, so Rei=Lilith and the last Angel in the series was Adam, Mankind are probably Lilim and I keep missing where the Lance of Longinus comes in...[/spoiler] Reading the EvaWiki works.)
-
Oh it's not much to do with spoilers. James explained about it in the updated OP. :^D [quote][b]4.5 Billion Years Ago[/b] Earth's formation is largely complete, having attained approximately 40% of its present mass (due to the process of [b][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accretion_%28astrophysics%29"]accretion[/url][/b]). Elements of the remaining nebula surrounding the Earth continue to fall over a period of 20 million years, eventually constituting its present mantle. Contained within the orbiting solar nebula is an object known as the White Stone. The White Stone contains a prebiotic entity (now known as Adam, the progenitor of waveform life). [b]4 Billion Years Ago[/b] As the solar system begins to take shape and the planets grow larger through accretion, large clusters of matter form between them. The largest such cluster forms between Earth and Mars and is named [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theia"][b]Theia[/b][/url]. As Theia's mass increases, it begins to move closer to Earth (Earth's still-increasing size extends its gravitational influence over Theia, drawing the two bodies closer). Eventually, the two bodies collide. At the moment of collision, a significant portion of Theia's mantle is ejected into orbit around the Earth, thus forming the [b]Moon[/b]. The remainder of Theia's mantle explodes into thousands of pieces, each of which becomes embedded in the Earth's crust across much of its northern hemisphere. One of these pieces contains an object known as the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone"][b]Black Stone[/b][/url]. The Black Stone contains a prebiotic entity (now known as [b]Eve[/b], the progenitor of [b]carbon-based life[/b]).[/quote]
-
What if they are after Adam and maybe the black rock to try and help build the new garden on Mars. They could be using Adam and Eve to create a new civilization or something on Mars in that case. Mars could be named the new Canaan and the organisation could be like "the angels are like the 10 plagues of egypt!" and the way to a colonised Mars would be like the Exodus. They could be expecting about 3 more plagues after the seventh, hohoho. I dunno I'm getting carried away. Anyway. I just finished EVANGELION about a week ago. I was digging a lot of it. Now I will read this thread's OP again with some more understanding and then edit this post. EDIT: OK. Awesome. Where is New Brussels though?
-
[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1304383725' post='707044'] [font="palatino linotype"]I think you are misreading this if you simply interpret it as vengeance. [/font] [/quote]Well basically, I just went for his use of the word "avenging" and took it from there. If I had the energy, I'd probably also make a ranty remark about CaNz's remark about it not being murder because it was done by SEALs. But I don't. 8D Also, the War on Terror is at it's end when the US finds something new to wage war upon.
-
[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1304369489' post='707034'] [font="Comic Sans MS"]I think Obama deserves more credit than that. Seems to me that if that were his motivation, he'd have done it, I dunno, closer to election time?[/font][/quote] Naw, he needs some highlights spread throughout his career. :v He doesn't have too much going for him so far. This way people can look back and be like "Oh see? Obama finished what Bush started and spent all his presidential hours on!" Also, it seems to have taken the camera off of Gadaffi's son being killed in an airstrike.
-
Meh. It's probably a load of bollocks, but the idea is nice. Also, [quote=CaNz]The one thing more important than avenging the deaths of the 3,000 people who died in in 9/11 is to keep bickering amongst ourselves. [/quote] avenging/vengeance is something supposed to be kept personal and not political.. When you throw nations into war for vengeance, gfy. However, the term [i]Justice[/i] gets you a long way.
-
Cool beans! :V I had absolutely no idea what you were trying to sound like from the starts though. Podbean wont like it because it is 50mb though so you will want to export it with a lesser bitrate. :(
-
I'd buy anything Shin's selling. [b]update[/b] Shin's too funny. :(
-
[quote name='Rachmaninoff' timestamp='1302577874' post='706453'] [font="Trebuchet MS"]Note to self about teaching. I don't care if your parents are rich. I'll still flunk you if you can't be bothered to practice and learn. [/font] [/quote] Word. Too bad that school boards mostly do not agree to that attitude too enthusiastically.
-
[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1302645404' post='706479'] [color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]And Boo...I nominated you [i]and[/i] Korey. So. :I[/font][/color] [/quote] Yeah, but you're fantastic.
-
THE NIFTY FIFTY EVEN IF YOU AREN'T NIFTY YOU'VE STILL GOT A SHOT ON THIS ON THE OB PODCAST FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THIS ONE YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS. Just sayin'.
-
GBC: Pokémon Red GBA: Golden Sun + Pokémon Silver My consoles.
-
[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1302365857' post='706389'] [color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I've chosen to move on from my n00bery and learn from it.[/font][/color] [/quote] Oh, when will you start? 8D
-
Hey there everyone, Ladies and gentlemen (but ladies in particular), be prepared to be swept off your feet as [i]the other Gavin[/i] steps out of the shades and into the OB Podcast, booming his sexily manly Irish voice through your speakers. Yes indeed, after weeks of pressuring him, he has decided to record part of a podcast with us! And as if that wasn't enough, Shinmaru reviews another fantastic anime to further overwhelm your senses. Plus, this time we have an entirely new segment by Lyndy Poo Lou, [b]a book review[/b]! It's cool, it's hip and the books she reviews are neat! [center][size="7"][url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/2011/04/07/ob-podcast-019-the-gavin-identity/"]EPISODE #019: THE GAVIN IDENTITY[/url][/size] [/center] The podcast puts some emphasis on our amazing Manga Alley, which in the next weeks will have some awesome things going on, going arm in arm with some of the other boards over at the OB. Check the board out if you're any bit interested in manga's (reading or making them yourself), and be sure to check it out a few times over the next weeks. [i][b]PRIZES TO BE WON, LISTEN TO PODCAST [/b][/i] Also keep a look out for the fantastic Nifty Fifty Podcast coming up in the next few days! ^_~ [/jasonstyle] Your friendly neighbourhood podcasters, Korey & Boo
-
[IMG]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3087/garyoakginger.png[/IMG]
-
Wow, I would too with such an awesome set.
-
That too. I have to specifically click the link that the note is about. I originally meant the forums though, because I'm used to OB just checking all forums as read within sometime of you logging in, which can sometimes be a poo, but now I'd have to manually mark (sub)boards as read. D: