Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Any Good?  

  1. 1. Any Good?

    • Yes! I worship you!
      11
    • Excellent!
      5
    • Eh. Average.
      2
    • Beh. Sucky.
      1
    • Ahh!! My eyes! My beautiful eyes!
      2


Recommended Posts

Posted
Since a few people have posted threads with their art, I thought I'd do the same. :)

I've been working on a few things lately (outside theOtaku) that I thought I'd share with you.

The first is more of a test, I seem to do this kind of image a lot. It's a good way of testing the various special effect plugins I use.

This image is Alucard from Castlevania.

Tell me what you think :)
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]AHHHHHHHHHHHHH my eyes... my beautiful eyes... opps that just a flashback to science class oh well.... nice pic thou it looks almost real lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
Other than the fact I would have made the horizon line more blurred or feathered or something so that it isn't so.... there..... so it blends in... sky means the ground in perfect unison.... other than that, Me likey very much.
Posted
[COLOR=coral]I wouldn't go as far as to say I [i]worship[/i] you, but your pic is [b]!! Favolosamente !![/b] The guy in the pic holds a strong resemblance to Louis from Interview with the Vampire....(Ahh Tom Cruise *swoon*;))[/COLOR]
Posted
Wait. You drew him? Or did you just add the background or something?
Posted
[b]I chose 'beh. sucky'
NOTE: Polls do not necessarily represent the opinions of polle or whaever they're called and-aw screw it, I really like, I really really like, but I chose 'Beh. Sucky'
I meanta choose average as a kind of joke, but I pressed the wrong button-dot-thingy, then after that, I accidentally pressed the VOTE! button...you can decide whether to believe me or not...nyeh[/b]
Posted
Glad you like it.

It's just a quick edit. Transtic is correct in saying that the horizon line should have been blurred, that's something I missed. :)

I do a lot of pictures like this, to test out the different new plugins I occasionally receive.

I'll post more here later.
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
That looks hella cool, but, Ok, Im really confused..........um.......u drew all that on comp?
did u draw guy and add background?
Theres no way that was drawn freehand...was it?
.......yup, definately confused.....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]That looks hella cool, but, Ok, Im really confused..........um.......u drew all that on comp?
did u draw guy and add background?
Theres no way that was drawn freehand...was it?
.......yup, definately confused..... [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay, well, Alucard himself was a picture I found on the Internet. The original picture's colours were very washed out, and the picture had been saved with limited colours.

So basically, I touched up his colours, smoothed his edges (and cut away messy bits), then added the background. I then manually added lighting which matches the colour of the background.

It's certainly not a very advanced thing at all, but I thought it looked good, and I wanted to share it with everyone.

When we launch our new site, I'd like to show people some of the concepts that we had and never used, to illustrate how many phases the design went through.
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
from this one?
[url]http://www.afn.org/~afn17933/castlevania/alc-front.jpg[/url]

I understand now, dam good job .
Posted
Here's another, using a similar red sky effect. This time, I used Nintendo 64, since the console is soon going to be replaced by GameCube.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...