James

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]The official Japanese site looks incredibly cool, but unfortunately I can't remember its URL. :bawl:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
It's wouldn't, by chance, be [url]http://www.hack.com/sign[/url] would it? haha

As for the Eva fanbase, I can deffinitly see what you mean. The characters in Eva have a lot of emotion, and mainly shape the series into what it is. Your description of .hack makes me feel the same way about their characters as well.

EDIT: Wait, is [url=http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/]this[/url] it?

[B][color=#507AAC]Nope, here it is: [url]http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/[/url]

It's a GREAT site. The wallpapers are gorgeous. ^.^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Lol, I had it. ;)

And yes, the site is absultely amazing. The flash is great, as well as the wallpapers. The only thing is that it won't let you open the wallpapers once downloaded, and it's almost entirely in Japanese.

But yes, other than that, great .hack site. :)

[color=#507AAC]Well, I've only watched two episodes so far (it arrived today).

So what do I think?

Well, right now it's hard to really form an opinion. The visuals are very pretty (there are even some 3D CGI effects thrown in now and then) and the music is generally of a very high standard. The intro sequence contains some high-energy techno type music, whilst some of the quieter parts contain ambient drumbeats and various string instruments. Overall, sound quality is very crisp and clear...and some of the melodies are highly memorable.

The story itself has started off relatively slow. In a sense, there are a couple of confusing factors already...but I'm sure these will be worked out within the next few episodes.

Having said that, even within the first two episodes, most of the main characters have really been fleshed out quite a lot. You immediately start to learn the nature of the characters and what their opinions are.

I had gotten the impression that there wasn't much action in this anime. And there isn't; but it isn't totally devoid of action altogether. Actually, some of the fight scenes are quite realistic (as opposed to Dragonball or something) -- the characters don't throw fireballs and lightning bolts...the fights are generally more appropriate for the story. Having said that, being in a gaming world...there are some interesting parallels to online RPGs that you may have played. There are even areas where players can go and trade weapons and stuff -- it's interesting to see those parallels.

Anyway, those are my general thoughts so far. I think it's going to be very interesting to see a dubbed version.[/color]

[color=red] I suppose I'll check it out when it finally does come here to America. Also, I'm very excited about the game...it comes out sometime next year, early, I do believe. I'm very excited about the game.

Only thing is, I've been really slow in my Anime watchings, since I don't even have a job yet, and am tight on money. But, I'm going to get a job soon, so I'll certainly try to purchase this when it comes.[/color]

[color=#507AAC]I made a quick image that shows a few of the areas within the anime. Mind you, this is only a [i]few[/i] areas. But at least you can get a feel for how beautfully designed the environments are (and how much, in some cases, they resemble real RPGs).[/color]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=318439[/IMG]

[color=darkblue]
I've seen 5 episodes and hope to see more. You are right, however, the scenery is amazing and the animation is astonishing.

There isn't much action really, but the plot definately makes up for it. I think everyone here knows how much I dislike animes with no plot and too much action like DBZ, so this really fits into my category.
[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Revolver
I just finished the first episode under 30 minutes ago. Tha animation is great, at first I had no clue about what was going on. All this talk about "logging out". Eh, I am still confused. Hopefully I'll get to see the next few episodes.

[b][color=006699]I'm going to try and order this anime from the shop I work at, since I can try and order almost [i]any[/i] anime box-set and so forth.

The designs of the areas look exceptional, it fits the RPG genre well.[/b][/color]

[color=darkblue]
One aspect of this show that I really enjoy are the character designs. They are so uniquely diverse, and the person who thought them up is brilliant.

One of my favorite characters is Sora. He is such a great character, seeing as how he has maxed out stats, so he can be as cocky and obnoxious as he wants.

Subaru and Tsukasa seem really alike, since they are both quiet and mysterious towards the other characters.

The landscapes, as you talked about earlier, are also amazing, and there are so many of them. In my opinion, this is one of my favorite animes.

E D I T: I also have to add that the video game for the PS2 looks to be pretty good, I'll definately invest in that. And now I know where James' desktop image comes from :p (Of course you might have already said so in Semjaza's thread, but I forgot if you did, lol)
[/color]

[color=#507AAC]Kinetic, it's cool that you are enjoying it so much. You're right about the characters; they are really cool.

Tsukasa reminds me a lot of Squall from FFVIII. He's that "loner" type, although unlike Squall...he kind of has a good reason to be that way.

I also like Mimiru. I love the part where she slaps Tsukasa and tells him that on the Internet, just like real life, people need to use certain courtesies and good behaviors. I laughed out loud at that part -- Mimiru reminded me of myself! lol

I felt like she was slapping a newbie and telling him to behave. That's why I have a special affection for Mimiru. lol[/color]

Heh, I didn't know there was a .hack//sign thread, guess I should check out the anime forum more often

The series is one of my favourite anime of all time, in fact I place it even above Evangelion (and some of you [I]know[/I] how much I love Eva, lol). The music is wonderful and the animation at times almost jaw dropping, great character and storyline

26 episodes isn't enough though, sure glad they're making a second season, can't wait for that to come out

[color=#507AAC]You're placing it above [i]Evangelion[/i]? Hm...

I don't know if I'd place it that high. I have only just finished disc one of three though (I haven't had the time to watch it endlessly, unfortunately). So my opinion may change.

Oh and...in addition to the second season, they are also making three OVAs I think. The first is .hack//LIMINALITY I think. Those look interesting; they appear to be set in the real world rather than in "The World".[/color]

[B][color=#507AAC]You're placing it above [i]Evangelion[/i]? Hm...

I don't know if I'd place it that high. I have only just finished disc one of three though (I haven't had the time to watch it endlessly, unfortunately). So my opinion may change.

Oh and...in addition to the second season, they are also making three OVAs I think. The first is .hack//LIMINALITY I think. Those look interesting; they appear to be set in the real world rather than in "The World".[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know about the OVA's, [url]http://blackwings.net/hack/index.php[/url]

Everything is explained in there regarding OVA, games, etc

Yeah, I place it above Evangelion, which in my opinion is [I]way[/I] too overhyped, I don't know what it is about .hack//sign that makes me like it so much, but I just do, maybe it's the whole MMORPG setting, I dunno

[color=darkred]Heh, I have seen the first episode. And I am pretty confused. Why can't he log out. Why are the Scarlet Knights chasing Tsukasa? I suppose I'll find out when I watch more of the episodes. *sigh* I can't wait. :p[/color]

[color=#507AAC]Yep, it's complex. And let me tell you....hack//SIGN is only part of it.

All the OVAs have different perspectives and the game itself also has a different view of the story. It's one big universe...and .hack//SIGN is only one portion. If you read the timeline of the series anywhere, you'll see what I mean. It has a massive backstory...I'm starting to believe that this anime is more complex than EVA...[/color]

I'm really interested in seeing this. The characters are especially intriguing. The animation looks wonderful, and I've sampled a few songs from it (I'm getting the soundtracks) and they sound great as well.

For what it's worth, the first volume has a tentative release date of March 4th, and there will be two different versions made: a normal version and a version with the collector's box, a "grunty" plush, and a demo disc for the first PS2 game. The limited edition version appears to be going fast; on Animenation it's already on the best-seller list and there are over two months left. At this rate, it'll be sold out soon (it has a run of 15,000).

The characters are awesome. Tsukasa is my favorite (see banner).

Sorry I'm so late coming in on this. The video game is coming Spring or Summer 2003, I read somewhere. The OAV is coming to the states last.. I think.

What I wouldve had to say has already been said..

'I played the game, though I dun speak japanese, I love it.