OtakuBoards

Sig Limits

Valen

[color=#33ooCC]I remember back around Version 4 or 5, I think it was V4. Anyway, what ever happened to the 8-line sig limit? I've been browsing around and seen sigs of 1-50 or more lines. If you want a huge sig like that, you really should provide a link of some sort to a mile-long type sig-- especially if you want to do a ton of smilies.

The reason I bring this up now is, these big sigs are becoming more common than before with the recent banners and "friends" lists. They are providing very unneccessary scrolling, and completely screw up the RPGs when you're trying to read and the post/sig is the same colors. That little line doesn't help much either.

Well, that's about it. So, will the 8-line limit return, or will it stay at a no-limit limit?

-Valen[/color]

[color=red][b]I have no problem with it. There is a line between ur posts and sig so you know where to stop reading for RPGs. And if it is still a prob, increase your screen res[/b][/color]

[color=#507AAC]I can only tell you what I've continuously repeated; the hacks from any version prior to v6 were not carried over to our new server.

As such, certain things must be readded.

I'm hoping to get a better signature control added shortly.[/color]

[color=red][b]When I had my v5 Star Wars Fans list, after it got too big, I had to move it to a website and link to it. lol. That made it die quickly tho. :([/b][/color]

Of course, if you did find the sigs really annoying, then you could turn off the option to view them in your user CP. I have, so I don't get to see many good signatures/banners. Which is a shame, because some are very nice indeed. But, on the other hand, I find it easier and generally less cluttering to browse without them, good as they are.

[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Valen[/I]
[B]completely screw up the RPGs when you're trying to read and the post/sig is the same colors.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][size=1]Perhaps there could be a rule or something that says you have to uncheck the "Show signature" box when you post in an RPG.[/size][/color]

We DO NOT need to see a return of the so called "friends list"... it was an epidemic before... along with those ridiculous clans. Last thing we need are those popping up again. I think the friend's list is stupid. To me it just scream "attention! I'm here, look at me and all my friends, who aren't really friernd, just other people who crave attention like I do who PM me once and never talk to again" At least... thats how I precieve the whole thing. I've never had a friend's list and I've never PMed anyone to be on anyone's friends list.

The only thing you really need to have in your sig is like a banner, a link to a website if you have one and maybe a few personal quotes or something funny you want people read.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]... along with those ridiculous clans. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
And that could happen, too, someone put a thing in their sig saying, "Join the New World Order and help us take over the boards!"

Now, when the first clans started, that was right after I left the boards so long ago, so I missed a lot of it, but it definately sounds like it was just a bunch of spam.
[/color]

Can we include an option to put parts of signatures on the empty gray area left of the post below the post count? They'd be cut off if the post wasn't long enough. Or what about code that makes parts of things collapsible (with a Windows Explorer-style [+] button)? Maybe you could have a [collapse] tag that shows everything inside it as a [+] icon, until the icon is clicked, whereupon it will show a [-] icon bullet-style on the contents between the tags (does that make any sense?).
Another thing that might help is a [marquee] vB tag - it'll allow buddy lists of theoretically infinite size to appear on one line.
You could also make no signature the default in the RPG forum, if that'd help.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]We DO NOT need to see a return of the so called "friends list"... it was an epidemic before... along with those ridiculous clans. Last thing we need are those popping up again. I think the friend's list is stupid. To me it just scream "attention! I'm here, look at me and all my friends, who aren't really friernd, just other people who crave attention like I do who PM me once and never talk to again" At least... thats how I precieve the whole thing. I've never had a friend's list and I've never PMed anyone to be on anyone's friends list.

The only thing you really need to have in your sig is like a banner, a link to a website if you have one and maybe a few personal quotes or something funny you want people read. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Clans...those were the days...old school otaku.... :)

I agree that friend lists are dumb, but I didn't have a friend list. I had a "Star Wars Fan List" I think that is more practical, but still unnessasary. sigs in general are not needed, but help give people a little place to express themselves.[/b][/color]

If you find the sig's room-taking, than I would suggest you use Solo Tremaine's advice.
Yes, some use huge sigs which only exist out of smileys>enter>smileys>enter>smileyes etc.
But not all sigs exist out of that.

Other Members: :stupid:

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Mkay... I don't think you [i]need[/i] a pm/buddy list, but I just like having a list of friends. ^_^

It's not like I'm asking for attention, I just like showing my appreciation to my friends, for being my friends. It's kinda like a shorter way to do the whole 'role models of otaku...etc' kind of threads. Just say a few people, and just say the people on my buddy list, I appreciate. ^_^;;

I do understand if the eight-line thingy is put back, though.[/color] [/size]