OtakuBoards

Birthdays!

BigCajones

[COLOR=purple]If you've had a birthday lately what gifts have you recieved? I would be interested to know to see what your all into, but if you haven't had a birthday as of yet for a while then what do you want to get for your birthday so I still get the jist of what you like. Then tell me later on your birthday if you did actually get what you would of liked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=crimson]It's as simple as that, so get posting![/COLOR]:box:

[color=deeppink] [size=1]I still have about five months until my birthday, but... Last birthday, I got some pretty neat stuff. ^_^

1) Ring watch- Which was pretty kewl, until I lost it somewheres in San Antonio... *looks for Ken* It was a ring, with a mini-watch, in the shape of a flower, and I could change the frame into any color I wanted. ^_^

2) A pet rock- A... pet rock. (Thanks daddy...)

3) The Sims- I think most of you know what this game is. I fell in love with the game as soon as I took it home. ^^

4) $400- A little more than my Christmas money this year, but... my grandparents really like spoiling me. @_@;;;

5) $50 dollar Gap Giftcard- I always get a Gap Gift card. ^_^ I love shopping at Gap. The clothes are always so neat. ^^

6) Fifa Soccer ball/Shirt- They bought a few 'Be the Reds' shirts for me in Korea, and sent it to me, since the world cup was coming up, and all. The first one was too big for me, and it had a store's name on it... The soccer ball, I still use with my dad, and it's really good, actually.

7) Now 5- Um... Actually... I kinda borry-ed it from my friend, and she told me I could keep it as a birthday present. ^_^;

8) King of fighters (SNK) 2001- mm... it has the best graphics, I guess. Next to 2000, that is. I can't believe they made Athena's hair short!! T-T (It grew back in 2002, though).

9) A psyduck plushie- It's really cute. ^_^ It's in one of my boxes somewhere, since I'm still not completely unpacked yet, soo... I have to find it in the Garage. ^_^;;[/color] [/size]

Guest mario_man
my birthday was in september and i got a load of money but i bought clothes, games like metroid fusion and star fox and then after shave.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Well I usually tend to get money of about £200 overall, including friends contributions, as you would know Big Cajones;)
I never really get clothes, I usually ask for Computer Games that I've been dying to get for years or ust randomised presents for my birthday. I usualyl have pretty big parties which adds to the expense of a birthday but it changes every year. I mainly want money as it gives me the flexibility to just go ou and get what I want, because sometimes you can feel you've missed out on birthdays and christmas's. But I dont like to get HUGE amoutns as it usually affects the next celebration in which I recieve and give gifts. So money is usually the best and seems to be the most common.[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Ok well my birthday was a week before Christmas and I got alot of money and vouchers definetely over a £100. I also got a well nice BMX which I was greatful for. 4 games which where Mario Party 4, The Getaway, BMX XXX ;) and James Bond: Nightfire. They were my main pressys along with clothes, sweets, Minority Report on DVD and top up cards for my mobile. Hmmmm I think thats it :D.

[color=crimson][size=1] My birthday isn't until four months from now, but I really do want a collection of C.D.'s that I really like. You know what'd be a good present? If APC would put out a new CD, I'd be the happiest girl alive. *sigh* A girl can dream, right?[/color][/size]

[color=orangered][size=1]I hate threads like this, like that stupid Christmas thread, where all the little spoiled and rich kids can show off what they get all the time and basically rub it in other's faces.

Well, I don't like to ask for things for my birthday because I just want to see what I get. The only people that ever get me anything are my grandparents and my friends.[/color][/size]

Well my birthday is coming up. I'll have the gift's that I recieved here soon. My dad had a birthday, and they did like a gag gift idea thing.

My grandma put a sign out in the front, like those movies you know, it said, *my dad* turns 40! HONK!!! And we got a lot of honks. He got like this thing that he could put on the car that says, "watch out 40, and under constructian". He got a lot of gag gifts.

His work all piched in, and gave him like balloons that say,"oh no, the big 4o". It was all really funny. Everybody said that day, "Hey, going over the hill". It was so funny!

-Spikey

[color=indigo]Well, my birthday is in about four days. I haven't really asked for anything (not seriously, anyway, heh), but people keep asking what I want, so I tell them money, because I'm not sure which video games and stuff I want. If I get enough, I might get a PS2, or I might just stock up on GCN games, who knows.[/color]

Generally nothing really happens on my birthday. I get some presents and money, but I don't like having parties. I can't even remember what I got for my last one anymore, probably a few CDs and such... August feels like it was ten years ago lol.

For my last birthday about three months ago, I just got money...lots...of money. I used that to buy the entire seasons of Trigun, Outlaw Star, and Neon Genesis Evangelion, and still had some left over. Well, at least most of it went to a worthy cause.

[b][color=003399]My birthday is on the same day as Syk3's.. so mine was about 3 months ago too. :)

I only got a few things. Birthdays and Christmases seem to calm down as I get older, less gifts and smaller parties.[/b][/color]

[COLOR=green]I'm not a person who likes big parties and never have, so I usually don't get alot, like my last birthday party I invited Deedlit and Tricool, yes I live near them, and they came. They both gave me a movie, Monster's Inc. from Deed, and Darrin's Dance Grooves from Tricool, because I like to dance. But what I would want if somebody asked me is anything about/with LOTR especially Legolas hehe, Anime particularly Fushugi Yugi and Record of Lodoss War, then anything with/about/or that even has a wolf on it, I just love Legolas, Tasuki, and Wolves![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]I hate threads like this, like that stupid Christmas thread, where all the little spoiled and rich kids can show off what they get all the time and basically rub it in other's faces.

Well, I don't like to ask for things for my birthday because I just want to see what I get. The only people that ever get me anything are my grandparents and my friends.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I am so with you on this one QA. I don't make a big fuss for my birthday either.
All I need is a chocolate mud cake. Anything else is a bonus.

Guest Musahi
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]I hate threads like this, like that stupid Christmas thread, where all the little spoiled and rich kids can show off what they get all the time and basically rub it in other's faces.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=darkred] I took, deep, deep offense to that. *cries*

Anyway, my birthday won't be for a very long time. Not untill July 6. Last year I got an Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop dvd, Zone of Enders from my parents. My brother bought me a System of a Down shirt. My sister got me a Zim shirt.

This year I will prbably ask for a Gamecube and a game. Everybody can just chip in. If I can't get that I'll just get some anime and a game or something.[/color]