OtakuBoards

Michael Jackson = Your Opinions.

Bing

[size=1][color=darkblue]Anyone in Britain last ngiht, would have been treated to an exclusive documentary about Michael Jackson, It was shocking to say the least, and everyone was talking about it today.
An interviewer spent a whole year with Michael, and they talked about plastic surgery, his music, his adolesence and his relationship with children.
Now, don't get my wrong, I admire and respect him for his musical talents, but some of the things he does, are plain weird, for example, sharing his bed with a 12 year old.
I want to know what you think about him, his music and his way of life. Look forward to a good discussion, especially from all you Brits out there who watched the program.
[center]With a man like Michael Jackson, it's hard [b]not[/b] to have an opinion.

--A.B--[/center][/color][/size]

I saw a little of this, he is actually a freak. I mean he was feeding "his" baby underneath a sheet and it was crying and everything it was plain sick. I think he is a wierdo, his musical talents are amazing, but other than that....He's Sick.

[color=navy]Personally I think that Micheal Jackson is a weirdo. I've heard things like him dangling his baby out the window. And then his apperence ewwwwwwww....it looks so gross and then on this show he had the nerve to say that he didn't have any sergery on his cheeks, mouth, and eyes though professional sergions said he did.[/color]

I didn't watch it, but even if i did, it wouldn't change how I feel about him.

He's the King of Pop. His music is what makes him great in my eyes, not what he does to his face or whatever else. I know he's had a few problems, but thats not gonna stop me from listening to his music or not liking the guy. I'd shake his hand if I had the chance, nothing less, nothing more. He's done so much for the world, focusing on a few incidents (like the press tends to do) is just being hypocritical.

Simply put, Michael Jackson is one of the greatest singers there is. He's the King of Pop. He carried his brothers through their career together and became even bigger when he went solo. I haven't met a single person who says they never liked at least one of Michael's songs.

I remember something my brother said; the greatest always go crazy. The greatest artists, singers, and thinkers in history are always labeled "crazy" at least once in their lives. Michael is one of the greatest entertainers, and now he's going crazy. It's a sad tale.

[color=hotpink][size=10]HE CAN DANCE! MAN, HE CAN DANCE![/SIZE]

[size=1]I like his music well enough. Being a dancer, it's always fun to hang out with the other girls. During band camp we choreographed "Thriller" and performed in full make-up and ripped up clothes (I'll definately have to post a picture of me and Anna in the get-up.) While we were on break, though, we'd listen to the rest of the CD (it was the Greatest Hits thing) and just dance and have fun. So yes, although I HATE pop music, He is the exception for me.

Oh YEAH, and whenever he was young, before he messed himself up with all that surgery, he was VERY nice looking. And did I mention he can really DANCE?[/color][/size]

Besides any opinions I have of mike, I wanna mention something that he said the other day.

He said something about preffering water ballon fights and climbing trees over sex, and then went on to say he still has sleep overs with young boys.

This sorta disturbed me since there were all of those horrible rumors in the past. But what ever, I dont really care as long as those are rumors and not something that actually happens.

As for his "talent," sure he was the king, but I dont think he is really the king of pop today. Then again, since I dont think there is a king of pop and since I know not a damn thing about pop... what the hell, I say mike is the king of pop.

I do however believe that he should give up on making music unless he can do it on a scale that he can keep up with. I mean, just with in the last six months he conincidentally sued his record company for one thing or another, and eventually it came out that he was in debt to them because they gave him an advance on an ablum he was to produce, but like you could guess, it didnt sell.

So I guess that mike really is talented, but his time to shine was the 80s and early 90s.

If I was him, I would release a best of album and let it go.

Ok....

Micheal Jackson. There is [b]NO[/b] way possible that you can say that you do not respect this man as an artist. He revolutionized the music industry. He was the full package. He could dance, and he could sing. He looked great.

In his time he was the most amazing, inspiration, and awesome performer out there. I think its a shame he went down hill like he did.

My respect for him has lessened slightly, but I still respect him highly.

Musically speaking, I'd say Michael Jackson is a genius in my opinion. I absolutely love and respect his extrodinary talent, his music and his dancing. However, given his childhood abuse and traumas that were discussed in the documentary, I can understand why he grew up to be so child-like and eccentric. His home Neverland is a perfect example of that. He never had a normal childhood and it seems like he wants it now and having children around him can give him that feeling. It is a little strange how they sleep in his room sometimes, but I doubt he'd ever do them any harm.
I don't care about his face or what cosmetic/plastic surgery he's had. Trust it, he does look strange but it's his face. He seems devoted to his children and I don't blame him for covering them up like that, but I don't like how he dangled his baby off the balcony. That was just wrong.

All in all I kinda tend to feel sorry for him. He can't go anywhere without being mobbed and I can't imagine how that must feel.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]I haven't met a single person who says they never liked at least one of Michael's songs.[/B][/QUOTE]
you have now.

i can respect him for his talent and contributions to music. he just doesnt appeal to me as a musician. (not to mention... he looks like a wax statue of himself)

[color=red]It doesn't really matter. Look at all the controversial artists people flock too...Madonna, Peral Jam, etc. I mean, the only thing Michael Jackson did is allegedly mess around with a little kid. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one. I'm not really a fan, but I don't hate him until they can prove anything he's done.

--Chris[/color]

I dont think hes such a bad guy, I dont think hes all that weird, yeah he is a bit different but I dont believe he raped a child, I think he just trying to make up for his lost childhood by helping other children. He has way too much money though, he should give me some x.x;

[size=1][color=darkblue]He seems so kind, and i think the media take advantage of him a lot. He is very easy to make stories up about, because he lives a live, where, it doesn't matter about outsiders. He seems a little unaware of how some of his actions can lead to big outragous claims though.
[b]News Just In[/b]:Americans, I don't know, what time, or channel, but this documentary is coming to you on Thursday 6th February. I strongly suggest you watch it, as it's a real insight on his personal life, and how he feels about himself and his accomplishments! It's pretty controversial though![/color][/size]

He lost his childhood like Kenji mentioned. His dad was brutal to him and his brothers and sisters, and it must have been horrible having so much expected of you. I know that most people would think "Horrible? He is/was rich and famous." Yeah that's true, but if the guy were happy, I don't think he'd be doing all these things he does.

So really, I don't think he did anything to those kids. The way he describes it is so nonsexual. Yes, he sleeps in the same bed as kids who come over for sleepovers... Yeah, it sounds weird. The way he phrases it though, makes it seem like he [i]wishes[/i] he could be a kid again... That this somehow makes him feel like he is getting his childhood back in a sense. If you know anything about him, you'd know he is obsessed with youth and staying young. Hell, he named his amusement park Neverland and filled it with Peter Pan statues. Sure, if you put a spin on it to feed your agenda, it's going to make him sound really damn creepy... He obviously has a much different opinion of it.

I'm also really annoyed by the fact that a few people (no one here that I know of) are picking out parts of that interview (the guy basically joined Jackson for months and watched and interacted with him) and harping on them without reading all the context. I remember someone saying that Jackson denied ever having plastic surgery in the interview. That isn't true, in fact he admits to having nosejobs (although he claims only two, yeah right)... The only thing he said "No" and "That's silly" to were all these crazy surgery questions.

Anyway, I say leave the guy the hell alone. Yeah, he is weird in a sense... But I hardly would consider him a criminal like he often referred to (although there was apparently a LOT more to that sex case than ever left court documents, I think someone involved is writing a book on that. Until I see it, I'll still think otherwise).

Invincible still managed to go double platinum even after all the scandal, ********, weird interiews where he compares himself to God, disinfecting arenas before he plays, wearing masks, putting carnival masks and full body veils on his kids... blah blah blah.

So in short, I'd like to see more facts... Not people blindsiding Jackson over anything they can think of. The sad thing is that so much weird stuff has happened, that it's hard to not believe stuff you see about him in tabloids.

Anyway... musically... He had some good tracks, but never really did anything for me. I never got into him, and to this day I can't. I'll listen to Thriller sometimes (or anything else from those days), but it's nothing I am in love with.

Here's a fact about Michael Jackson that I find very strange...

[b]The "History" Statue[/b]. If you've ever bought his "History" album (it's basically a Greatest Hits collection with a few new songs), then you've seen the statue on the cover. That's not just a cover-image. Michael actually had a 4-story tall statue of himself made. I don't want to say "ego-trip" so I'll just say "crazy." Crazy!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stratigyless [/i]
[B]I just found out something very disturbing. He is allergic to the sun. He also had to many nose surgeries. Well I found out the universal question..How did a black person get so white? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's some skin disease. It affects the melanin in your skin, I think.

Anyway, guess what? I don't like Michael Jackson! I don't like his music either! God. I'm sick of this guy, he should be killed, or shot into deep space or something. No-one try and tell me, 'Oh, he's done so much for the Music industry' or 'Oh, but his Songs are so great!' because I couldn't give a **** less.

The 'man' (I use the term loosely) is a deranged waste of life. Take those kids off him now, and exile him.

[color=indigo][size=1]Lol, I used to be a pretty hardcore fan of his back in the day. He was probably one of the first musical artists I ever consciously heard. Of course, this was back in the day when his music was actually pretty good.

He is way to f---ed up now days for any kind of modern credit. His music has gone down the hole, and I think his reputation, aside from the "King of Pop", speaks for itself on him as a person. It pains me to even look at the guy. *stabs AOL for having a picture of him on their main news* Bleh...[/color][/size]

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]I was watching the documentary last night and I didn't see anything wrong with the man. I think the media makes him out to be worse then he is. If you watch the documentary again you will see the interviewer tries to turn everything around on Mike. Micheal simply said that his favorite thing to do is to have water balloon fights if I were to say this no one would think twice but once Mike said it the interview decided to ask Micheal if he enjoyed it more then sex which Micheal quickly refraised and said his favorite past time activity was having water ballon fights but every one is making it sound like Micheal said he enjoys water balloon fights more then sex when really he did not. I also can understand why Micheal keeps his children's faces behind masks and vales. He wants to keep them protected there are aot of sick people out there who would kidnap them. I see Micheal as a 44 year old kid he missed his childhood and is trying to live it now. Micheal went through a lot of terrible things as a child which all seem to be effecting him now maybe he has sleep overs with kid beause he didn't as a child.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[b][color=003399]As far as I know Americans were 'treated' to a showing of the documentary that Martin Bashir presented on TV, and with that Michael Jackson now has the lawyer who originally went against him for child abuse back on his case.

I had mixed views about the documentary shown and Michael Jackson himself after what I saw. I mean, I was, and still am a big fan of his older music, although it seemed to slide a little in terms of quality in recent years.

True, the documentary could have been easily edited to make Michael Jackson look real bad, but I really believe that it wasn't. I also agree that to some extent Jackson seems to long for a proper childhood, and is trying to accomplish this with his wealth.

However, who was he trying to kid by saying he had no surgery done on his face? I mean, his nose has changed shape countless times, his cheek bones are almost getting in his eyes' way, and the less I say about his chin the better.

In my opinion that documentary just showed me that wealth cannot buy you happiness.[/b][/color]

I watched this when it aired on the 20/20 special, and I was not aware on how really disturbing Jackson is as a person. I think that we all have to admit that the reporters and the broadcast was a little brutal and may have made it seem like he is more of a sicko than he really is, but I think that there is something the matter with this guy none the less.

I don't think there is anybody who can say that Michael has probably achieved more than some of the best artist have combines, and his talent is undisputed. But, there is definately something wrong. His love of children, gadgets, and games is obviously a product of Joe Jackson, his supposedly abusive pop, and in all honesty I don't believe that he does anything bad to little kids. As a matter of fact, I don't think he does anything bad at all, if ya catch my drift.

If you ask me, I think that Michael should take a big chunk of money out and see the best shrink money can buy(if he doesn't already now, because if he does there is really a problem).

I really don`t like Micheal Jackson but does the media has to make him look so bad? I missed the documentry on Tbursday but kids in my class were talking about it. From what I heard, it really had some wierd things about him on it. I am not suprised though because I think he is a wierdo. Tne only thing I like about him is his dancing. I can`t believe he says he doesn`t have opperations.He looks so different from the 80`s .

He never actually said he didn't have surgery on his nose, He said he didn't have surgery on his cheek bones and his chin, I know he has.

His appearance also looks worse than it is because of his disease (vitiligo) which drains the pigments in your skin. I do not know if it was the result of surgery or not, I would say though it probably is.

I am a fan of Michael Jackson and i think it is sad what has happened to him in the last 10 years, but also, I know he bought it on himself.

The Interviewer who did this Documentary would twist words so that it would make him look bad, Like the part where Jackson said he liked to climb trees ect. and the interviewer's next question was, "do you like it more than sex?" If that is not twisting the mans words, then what is?

He is like a kid who never grew up, due to his rigorous, painful recording career, fueled by the ambitions of Joe Jackson. This is how he explained sharing his bed with children, and he even said that he wasn't in the bed either. he wan'ts to have a little bit of fun, relax, and hang out with other kids, like he wanted to when he was dragged along to those Motown recording sessions instead of a park.

As for the dangling the baby put the window? He realised almost immediately he made a mistake. he then bought Prince Michael the 2nd back into the hotel room. He got caught up in the emotion. The Baby was not out less than a secon before Jackson realised, it is the media which is out for dirt on him that will twist it to majke it seem worse than it really is.

I have alot of respect for michael Jackson, he is really mis understood by many people.