OtakuBoards

Friend with the opposite sex?

ChibiV

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJeh [/i]
[B][b][size=1]And online, I tend to forget what sex they are anyway. O_o[/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I'll second that. Though I can usually tell after a few hours talking to them. People's personalities usually give away their gender after a few hours.[/b][/color]

[color=0099FF] [size=1]That's ridiculous!!!

Well, I think it's the gender that bothers them. I mean, no boys would want to be a "Tom girl", and girls CaN be a "Tom boy" if they want to.

But my guys friends really accepted me. Until they had different classes as me in middle school. [/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiV [/i]
[B]I'm 19 right now, most of the guys I know are older than me. They told me they can accepted me as a little sister, but not as a best friend. Odd though. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wait wait wait. Your 19 and they said this? wtf?????? I figured guys older than me might be more mature, but I might be wrong.

(i'm 17 if you were wondering.)

[B]I'm 19 right now, most of the guys I know are older than me. They told me they can accepted me as a little sister, but not as a best friend. Odd though. [/B][/QUOTE]
They want to hit and run. As for the topic, I have several friends that are girls and one of them is a best friend.

[quote]Wait wait wait. Your 19 and they said this? wtf?????? I figured guys older than me might be more mature, but I might be wrong.[/quote]
AHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah right.

[B]They're Asian guys. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]So now ethnicity makes a difference in male-female friendships? :therock:

I think you may be reading into what they said a bit wrong...I don't think any male of that age is going to worry about looking like a 'loser' for being friends with a girl, much less [i]mention[/i] it to you.

However, if they actually said that to you then I'd say they aren't worth the friendships anyway. Guy friends are a great thing to have when you want a break from the world of female trauma, but from my experience, they aren't always as reliable as your girl friends.

::shrug:: Maybe it's different for me since I've never had too many close guy friends. I mainly stuck with my girls throughout highschool, and most of the friendships I made with guys ended badly in one way or another :grumble:

Don't worry about being friends with guys who care about their 'loser status', that's definitely not worth worrying about.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]
Don't worry about being friends with guys who care about their 'loser status', that's definitely not worth worrying about.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm no concerning about them. :D I'm just curious and annoyed by their reaction.

Guest visser 3
Hey dont worry about it.I'm a guy and I have quite a few Girl friends.I also think that your just meeting the wrong guys.I'll be your friend if its alright with you

most of my friends are guys. preety much because im one of the only girls who like anime in my school. but the guys are really nice and the girls that are my friends except me the way i am some even are "popular". some guys are huge losers. the rest are all nice.

some of my guy friends are so wierd. no offense to them. when they are around me and other guys they make fun of the stuff i like. even if they like the same things. therefore we get in many fights.

the rest will never make fun of me. so we always get along. so you can always find a good friend even if thier a guy.

[B]They're Asian guys. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=navy]:therock: That doesn't matter. I just learned on Valentine's Day that the guy (who is asian) I thought was my best friend said that he thought I was his best friend too!^^ So I guess girls and guys can be best friends.[/color]

[color=royal blue]I tend to be more comfortable around guys than girls, because I like drawing, video games, and joking around; talking about guys and makeup is just not my thing.

Plus I have some sort of paternal closure issue, which draws me to the guys all the more faster. Got me. :confused:[/color]

When I was reading one of my mangas in the living room my sister was watching this movie called "When Harry met Sally" starring Billy Crystal and something interesting I heard him say in that movie. "Women and men who are attracted to each other can't just be friends." So maybe the guy was attracted to you and told everybody that he was gonna nail you and if people found out he was just your friend instead, he would feel like a loser so maybe that's the reason.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I am not going to post a long reply, instead I'll sum it up in one brief statement...most men cannot be best friends with someone they want to sleep with...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Very strange.