OtakuBoards

Friend with the opposite sex?

ChibiV

I think most of you in here would accept an opposite sex as your best friend. However, for some strange reason, which I don't understand. Most of the guys I know online don't want to be friend with me when they found out I'm a girl. In real life, the guys just don't want to be friend with me. I asked them why, they told me that being friend with a girl make them feel like a loser. Is that true?

People are just stupid. You'll learn this more and more.

Who knows what their reasons really are. Somehow I think there'd have to be something else they aren't telling you If that's what they really think, they're going to have some big problems when they want a girlfriend.

I guess it also depends on your age... Boys kind of completely change the opinion that girls are gross/stupid/whatever eventually (if they even think that as it is).

Most of my friends are girls, so in my life something like that wouldn't be true generally speaking... I guess it just depends.

Heh. Well then throw the age stuff I said away. I'm 20, and I have plenty of girl friends that are all sorts of ages (I'd say 17 to 24 on average).

I'd have to say there is more to it than they are telling you. Unless these guys are like 28 or something, I don't know what their problem is.

[size=1][color=darkblue]I am going to kind of go forward on Rico said. If you and a 35 year old became good friends, you might get the wrong impression, and to outsiders it could look pretty dodgy. I don't really know what their problem is, becuase loads of my friends are girls, both younger and older than me. If they won't accept you, find someone who accepts for you, not as a 'baby sister'.[/color][/size]

[color=teal]Guys that don't want to be friends with girls??? Ignorance, if it's online as well I mean it can't be for image, because no one else would know about it. I try to be friends with all girls that are nice to me older or younger, but it's stupid not to friends with someone of an opposite sex. Maybe they are the type of boys that think of girls only for one thing in life, so it could of been for the best they didn't want to be friends with you. Heh I'm sure no one on the boards would care what sex you are if you want some more online buddies! ^_^;[/color]

Well I can say that the motivations of guys are often suspect to myself and anyone else who knows what men are like.

Not all guys are bad or anything...

I personally dont mind being friends with girls, but I would rather be their boyfriend than a boy who is a friend.

I think the first variable in your situation to take into account is the ages of these fellas.

You said they were between 20 and 35, when you are 19 that can make a world of difference.

20 year old who dont wanna be your friend are either punks who are just jerks with their own selfish reasons for not being friends, or they are sore about not getting closer to you in a romantic way.

Then there are the older fellas, these guys will either say they think of you as a little sister because they are descent guys that are honest and caring, or they are pervs that are just trying to prep you by reminding you of how they are older than you.

Ive met all of these types I speak of, unfortunatly that includes the pervs that try and act like they think of a girl as the innocent younger sister and then a little while later they are trying to put the moves on the same girl.

I think that any fella who is really worth being friends with will be your friend regardless of age or sex.

However, you gotta remember that guys over 21 just might be at a different point in their lives and they might not be interested in having "best friend" in the form of a 19 year old girl who cant exactly engage in the same social situations. (that especially goes for fellas over 25)

I also wanna say that if I was in the shoes of these guys, I would also have a little problem with the idea of hanging out with a girl all the time simply because every other girl that looks on might get the wrong idea, and us fellas are always on the look out for romance.

Oh yea, I would be happy to be your friend... Im a 21 year old male. (if that makes a difference.)

I simpathize with your situation and good luck.

Just keep an eye out for hidden motives in some of these guys. Men dont always just come out and say what they are thinking. (you girls will learnt that one day... I hope.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i]
[B]I thought we'd covered this topic before. Gee... I guess I'm beginning to age on this Board. Now [i]that[/i] is scary... :D [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]You'll always be a newbie to me Mnemolth, if that is any sort of consolation...

I don't have any sort of problem being friends with girls. Most of my friends in real life are female, while online it seems that I have more uy friends. Oh well.

But I never had the "sexual chemistry" to worry about with women, hmm.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiV [/i]
[B]I think most of you in here would accept an opposite sex as your best friend. However, for some strange reason, which I don't understand. Most of the guys I know online don't want to be friend with me when they found out I'm a girl. In real life, the guys just don't want to be friend with me. I asked them why, they told me that being friend with a girl make them feel like a loser. Is that true? [/B][/QUOTE] Mind if i shoot them? Please, I actually love having a bunch of friends that are girls. however, it does get tiresome, when "the time" rools around, but you learn to deal with it. ig uess there are just some things that can't be shared with a bunch of girls. but you can change that around. it's a equal thing so it's strange to try and comment on.

[color=royalblue]I find that weird. Almost all the friends I have are older than me and a lot of them are guys. I only have a few female friends. Guys do tend to be a bit more...I don't know how to say it...I'll just say "out there," but we get along quite well, and I don't see why a guy wouldn't want to be friends with a girl for no reason. It sounds really dumb to me.[/color]

Some people, in their beliefs, believe that guys and girls shouldn't be friends, and they probably have their reasons for it. And obviously Chibi, if they don't want to be your best friend(or friend), then they won't be. You can't force the issue. You'd make it worse. As for the online thing, there's plenty of people online. Find one that will want to be your friend, I promise u there will be plenty. IRL, maybe the guys just don't like you and don't want to be your friend. You can't have the whole world as your friend, and why not just hang out with the friends you have instead of wondering why a few people won't be your friend?

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]That's strange... :therock:
I have more friends who are guys, than friends who are girls. ^_^;
I don't really see a reason they wouldn't want to be friends with you. You seem like a very nice person.

I have two best friends IRL, and one's a boy, and one's a girl. ^_^ All three of us have friends in co-ed groups, and we're all pretty comfortable being with other guys/girls. ^^[/color] [/size]

[COLOR=green]Honestly, some guys I know don't want to be a girl's friend because of what their friends will say about it. So they are really the ones that miss out. I mean three of my five best friends are guys and I get along better with them than all the girl-friends I have at school, I feel more comfortable around them than I do with my friends at school also. I've always been a tomboy. And I have even more guy friends on the internet. But anyways, as I was saying if those boys don't want to be friends with you....What is wrong with them? It's their mistake not yours, at least you tried to make a great friendship, if they reject you, leave them to their ownselves to miss out one~a~one~of~a~kind friendship.[/COLOR]