OtakuBoards

Good Charlotte

Kaede-san

[color=red] I've only heard "Lifestyles of The Rich And The Famous."

The song is only so-so, and there's better bands out there anyways. So I don't like them very much at all really. But I may not have a good enough opinion seeing as I've only heard that one song. But there's better out there. Much better.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rikku [/i]
[B][color=0099ff]They're not punk, for one. And their music style sounds like pop.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
that would be because they are a pop-punk band just like green day, blink-183, etc. and they arent new like everybody thinks they are (based solely upon one single (that mitch mentioned)). they've been around for years. theyve had minimal success with a few singles from previous albums, but for some reason, this single seems to get a lot of attention.

"...Avril La-whateverherlastnameis is a punker too."-Rikku

ive had this conversation with QA before.
in our minds, when we think of punk, we think:
the clash
the ramones
the sex pistols

we think of our rebellious hard-core punk.

kids today dont feel the same way about things as we did. maybe, for them, this is punk. maybe they dont need what we did to feel that way. im not saying that either one is better. im just saying that views and the means to express those views change.

thats your opinion. you dont have to like the music. hell, i dont like most of it.
oh... and i heard a quote from Kurt Cobain the other day. he said, "there's no rebellion in rock and roll anymore."

edit- i [I]really[/I] like that blue color in your posts. it looks really good.

[color=0099ff]Because they are so god-damned fake about it. I was watching either Jay Lenno or Conan, and my god, they sound bloody awful live. I actually muted my TV. It's a miricle they still have fans after that.

And thank you about the compliment of my font colour. =)[/color]

[color=darkblue]Personally I can't stand them, I hate them almost as much as I hate Avril Lavigne(sp?). In my opinion they're just a pop group that playes their own instruments.
They have the same mentality as Avril aswell, they think just because they dress like a punk band, it automatically makes them a punk band, Pop music is Pop music, not matter what you wear! [/color]

[color=red][b]I like Good Charlotte. I have almost all of their songs. I am going to the concert that them are New Founds Glory are having this year.[/b][/color]

Like TN said, Benji is hot!!!!!! But i don't get what the big deal about them being pop punk is. I mean i have already accepted this new genre of music. It isn't punk it's pop punk, in fact i have always noticed them having a little rap in their recent music. I actually like them but not as Punk i like them as the way they are pop. Avril is another story though, at least GC sound like a watered down version of punk, but avril doesn't even sound like that. She sounds like country, looks like punk and is as poppy as Britney. GC are annoyingly popular here at my school but i don't have any beef with them.

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I really wouldn't consider Avril Lavigne punk. She's actually more pop-ish, according to yahoo...

'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' is stuck in my head often. ^_^; I heard 'The Anthem', but I actually prefer 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous'.

I like their songs, but I think they're not really punk at all. By the way they talk, I actually think they're kinda poser-ish. I don't think Avril really talks like that either... I haven't really ever met a person that actually talks like that. oO;

The songs are good though. I try not to compare them [i]too[/i] much to other groups...[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kairi cloud [/i]
[B]No one made a forum 4 these 2!? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Heh, I highly doubt that an [i]anime and gaming[/i] message board would make an entire forum dedicated to a single band. Of course, if you actually meant thread (or go to another board that has a different lingo), then that's another story. ^_^

I, personally, cannot stand this wave of "punk". They all sound the same. I can't tell the difference between New Found Glory and Good Charlotte, besides the guy with the light-socket hair and the lead singer of the other band. I don't know which each belong to, though. Heh.

Really, the only punk band I can really stand is A.F.I. But I really can't make a judgment on them, as I've only heard one of their songs. I don't remember it off hand, but it's the one of their's on Tony Hawk 3.

Unless, of course, Flogging Molly is a punk band (I don't really know what punk is considered to be). Then that makes two of them I can stand. But once again, I've only heard one of their songs. It's a spiffy song, though. "Drunken Lullabies".[/color]

Did I say forum I meant threat these guys R first rate posuers I didn't mean Forum I just wasn't thinking right thats all I was watching my dog shred a frisbee then bite my cousin's nose that's all ^_^

[color=red][size=3]Billy all the way![/color][/size]

heeheeh yeah billy's hot

now that it is mentioned the way they talk is a little weird. What do you mean they sound poserish? I guess you mean they try to hard to sound cool. A true punk's talk is him slurring through his words with a hangover and a mumble here and there about anarchy.
I also detest that they put out their own line of clothes, think it's "Made". I like their first cd better.

• 2 months later...
Okay... They don't know how to play their instruments.. I'm serious... No, I'm serious... They all started playing their instruments the very beginning of their career, way back in what, like, 1999? That's when I first saw one of their videos... The bassist sucks big time...

And they're not punk. Nor is Avril... Nor are they angry at the world, but it's cool to be these days . :)