Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Basically, save the header from arena.theOtaku.com and add graphics above it (like the rest of theOtaku.com sites). Make it pretty. Post entries here--the best will be used!

-Adam
Posted
Oooh, fun! ^_^

Here's my first entry, expect more in the future, too...

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369504[/img]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nephroxide [/i]
[B]You missed some of the top left there syk3 old chum. ;p [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh, no. That is something similar to the lens flare feature.
Posted
I actually used the feather feature on that one. ^_^ But I suppose it could use a little work there in the corner. Hope this looks a little better.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369596[/img]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]kenji, for some reson i don't think yours will win . . .

so far, all the entries are good.

and syk, i think he was talking about the grey smudge at the top left(not the corner).[/color]
Posted
yah. Syk... the corner of the pic you pasted above it is a bit dark. Maybe make everything totally white and you wont see it anymore eh? ;)

Kenjah's is cool :cool:

and Nomad's is pretty simple but yet effective.
Now more people post here so.... It'll be a bit better 'battle'
Posted
here's one i mad ein like 2 sec. Its not that good, but I was bored so what the heck....

[img]http://209.123.85.4/~otakub35/attachment.php?s=&postid=369676[/img]
Posted
Hmm, I still don't see it, but I cut out everything from the left until it starts to fade...

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369703[/img]
Posted
It's not hard to see. In the top left corner of the earlier images there is this slight gradient that just doesn't belong there based on the rest of the image... I don't like the new version because now it just seems to suddenly end. The transition to white isn't complete. It's black to grey...and then suddenly white.

As for Kenji's... I like the image, but what does it have to do with anything the Arena is about? lol
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I don't like the new version because now it just seems to suddenly end. The transition to white isn't complete. It's black to grey...and then suddenly white.[/B][/QUOTE]
Hahaha...the funny thing is, all I did was cut whatever you guys saw out of the picture. I did absolutely nothing else. It's all in your head. o_O
Posted
I did three with little variation in them. Whichever you like.

[img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/otakuheader1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/otakuheader2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/otakuheader3.jpg[/img]
Posted
FINAL VERSION...I promise. I'm off to make some brand new ones...

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369721[/img]
Posted
That's not all you did... Now I have to make a post to point all of this out so you know what I meant lol.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369504[/img]

There is a shading in the top left corner. It shouldn't be there based on the rest of the image. The actual gradient into white on the edge of the photo is fine, as it's gradual and you can see it curve up on the top.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369703[/img]

You got rid of the thing in the left corner, but that also got rid of the smoother gradient on the photo that goes into the white. It's a lot harsher, and how you can see where the photo ends because the whole thing is obviously rectangular.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369721[/img]

This fixes the gradient problem on the actual photo, but it brings back that thing in the upper left corner.

I like TN's the best so far personally.

Edit - He fixed the problems... yay.
Posted
Ok, I'm either completely blind (which I am slightly when looking far away, but I am up against the screen here) or it's my moniter. The flat screen does create a sharper image usually, and perhaps it also clears out slight marks. I do happen to see things on different moniters that I don't on mine.
Posted
[COLOR=003399]Syk, you're blind.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=369721[/img]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=369748[/img]
See the difference (besides quality)? It was actually hard to see in the image program o_O

[/COLOR]
Posted
ROFLMFAO i wasn't gonna post here again but I said i'd check back and this is too funny to pass up el syko basically what were trying to say is your image looks cut off/it doesn't blend in perfectly with the white =P, its the easiest thing to see =X.

Oh well Transtic Nerve's thrid one is the best but why do I feel a major Kenshin trendness coming on oh yeah that's cuz CN is gonna air a gaybo edited version of Kenshin ^__^' well you should all watch it anyway it'll get your mind off DBZ and Digimon :rolleyes:
Posted
Finally got through with my second version, still some more coming yet though.

[img]http://oraclerpg.com/kenji/otakuheader2.jpg[/img]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hittokiri Zero [/i]
[B]Oh well Transtic Nerve's thrid one is the best but why do I feel a major Kenshin trendness coming on oh yeah that's cuz CN is gonna air a gaybo edited version of Kenshin ^__^' well you should all watch it anyway it'll get your mind off DBZ and Digimon :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

I used Kenshin because well, I didn't feel like using DB and I scanned my own pictures and I have a Kenshin book and a DBZ one... Why they used it, I dunno.

Kenji, I don't like the use of the Kanji on your new banner. It's... too much lol. I mean, it looks good artistic wise, but I guess it's a personal thing that I don't like seeing symbols from Japanese or Chinese that are just thrown together without meaning.
Posted
They actually spell out Arena and Data. Well they're supposed to. And I dont think it fits in with theotaku.com theme, theotaku seems to have this simple theme, my banner would look dumb in there, ah well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...