Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
:babble: :babble: :babble:

Ok well this little thread is going to be about luck. Since yesterday was St.Patricks Day.


Some people beleive in luck. I shure do. It's probly the fact that I'm part Irish.

Well yesterday I had on my green sweater. Hardly anyone at my school wears grenn on St. Patrick Day.
So I went on a pinching spree. Well the princepal told us not to pinck people. But I did anyways. Well weirdest thing was I never got caught. Strange since eveyone else who pinched someone go in trouble. I guess is has to do with The Luck Of The Irish.




Always and Foever Icey Elven.
Posted
meh, I think Luck is just a word people use when good stuff happens to them. Some people having 'good luck' as it were, are just making the most of their opportunities, and random things happenning. I believe in luck, I just felt like defining it!
Posted
If I get something to go my way, which is hardly ever, what is it? "Good luck".. or damn good arguing.

Luck stinks. If I get good luck, it more than likely turns to **** anyway.
Guest cloricus
Posted
Lol.

I'd say it's been taken out of context. I don't think it is any thing magical. If for example it you get hit by a car and don't die, that was luck. Kind of like hope, but hope seems to be a more present emotion. Not really sure. I do know I don't believe in any of the attachments to it, like "aren?t you luck" implying that some one is lucky taking the word out of its context. I'm not to sure though...

I haven't really thought about it, I've just always used the reasoning from that red dwarf episode about them finding the luck virus. Though I guess now that some one has questioned that I'll have a think about it and form a less comical opinion. Or maybe I'll just go watch that episode of red dwarf again.

Eps - That monkey was green... o_0...
Posted
[color=royalblue]I honestly don't believe in luck. Like QA, I think that stuff happens for a reason. Luck is just a word to describe how a Romanticist might see it or something.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I don't really know if I believe in luck because I think everything happens for a reason.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

That is soooo true. Exactly the same thing I believe.
Posted
technically luck is just when statistical probability for an event becomes high, good luck if the probability is high for something you like, bad luck if it's for something you don't.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]I'd say it's been taken out of context. I don't think it is any thing magical. If for example it you get hit by a car and don't die, that was luck. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]That's pretty much what I was going to say.

More of an immediate thing, rather than a general one...like how weather is different than climate.*

[b]* wins weirdest analogy award[/b][/SIZE]
Posted
If I believed in luck, I'd say I've got the worst kind.

I have this natural ability to always be in someone's way so they will trip over me.

I always seem to be just a little too early on some things, a little too late on others.

And, most fortunately, me having "bad luck" means that I don't gamble. Nothing wrong with that, just that I can't do it, 'cause I'm quite bad at it (yes, I've gambled once or twice, that's how I found out about all this ;)). Saves me money.
Posted
[color=skyblue]If there is such a thing as luck I don't have it right now. I dunno it depends on my mood, I might say hey that was lucky but I really don't believe in luck. I believe in fate.[/color]
Posted
[color=crimson]I believe in luck. Too many times i've just barely edged past things for it to be mere chance, and i'm not going to be vain, saying it was all me, lol.

But, I think there is most likely a mix of destiny and luck. Some things are predetermined to happen, while some things you just somehow slipped through by a nice box of luck. More of the serious things appear to be predetermined in my mind- But i've 'lucked out' on several larger events in my life as well. It all depends, really.[/color]
Posted
I agree with Queen Asuke, I don't really believe in luck myself, but I also believe everything happens for a reason.
Posted
I believe in luck to some extent. There are some days when everything goes my way and other days that aren't [i]so[/i] great.

If there luck does exist, I would like to think that I make it for myself. Usually when something doesn't go my way, it's either because of chance or my own carelessness. But, you know, everyone has a bad day. It's just important to have confidence and accept whatever comes your way.

I find it funny when people obsess over luck and develop silly superstitions. It's usually those people that are the most unlucky.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mei [/i]
[B]I agree with Queen Asuke, I don't really believe in luck myself, but I also believe everything happens for a reason. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one.
Posted
[color=darkblue]I think good luck is bound to happen to everyone eventually. For people who say "make your own luck" or whatever, sometimes we can't control the good or bad things that happen.

IE: You play a scratch off lottery ticket & win. There is no way you could have predicted the outcome of that, or forseen it in anyway. That's lucky.

IE2: You house gets completely leveled by an earthquake. Definitely bad luck.

I don't believe it's a force or anything. It's just a word to describe situations. It's more of an offhand thing than anything else.[/color]
Posted
After reading all this I'm starting to rethink if luck is real. Oh well I'll never find out. Achually this shines a whole new light on what I realy beleve. Oh someone help meh. I'll go crazy if I stay here one more minute. ~runs away screaming~
Posted
is not being killed by a car wreck luck? I know if I had my daytona with me instead of my grand marquis one day last year I would be dead right now. but that's because I had gas in that car. that's not luck.

Luck is when something really, really spectacular happens. Like more than a conincidence and less than a miracle.

If I was to say anything about that incident, I'd say that I just wasn't meant to die quite yet. The big man upstairs has some other sort of plan for me, i guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...