Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I searched around, and I don't think it's been done before, but...

What confirms, in YOUR mind, that spring is here? It came into my mind today as I walked home from school and saw the first bee. I was really excited lol (I'm so sad). So, what tells you that spring has arrived?
Posted
I look for robins, dandelions, and bees. When I see my first robin, in particular, I know that spring is near.

Spring also has a certain smell to it. I don't know if anyone else picks that up, but the air has a certain freshness to it. It's a lot different from the winter's brisk air. Those of you who live in a crowded city might have a hard time picking that up, but it's a fantastic smell.

Lastly, the legs come out from their hibernation. Women really start bringing out the revealing clothing. Heh.
Posted
[size=1]Heh.

Traditionally, we look for robins.

I haven't seen any dandelions yet, but for me, that's what means spring is really here.

I like dandelions. ^_^

And yes, spring does have that smell to it. When I was little, that was the only thing I really noticed. That and mud, of course. Playing in the mud is so cool. [/size]
Posted
[color=green][size=1]I look for robins and...well...blossoms on the bradford pear trees that are everywhere. They are so beautiful, these pretty white blossoms on the round yet tall trees....blooming out...so beautifully.^^[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]When my libido kicks in to hyperactive mode, that is when I truly know that spring is here...okay my libido is always hyperactive...

Actually I think spring arrives when we start getting thunder storms and the smell of ozone permeates the air.[/color]
Posted
The weather is one good insentive of spring.^^ Its gotten alot nicer out. Just two weeks ago it was lower than 10 degrees(F). Its been up to 65 so far, a big diffrence. Also I saw a fly the other day. I never thought I'd be so happy to see one.:laugh:
Posted
[color=skyblue]Well its usually when I can see the grass again and its all brown and yucky. Also when it starts to rain instead of snow...like it is now. Well I also really like when I wake up in the morning and I can hear all the birds chripping. Its such a nice sound^^[/color]
Posted
[color=teal][size=1][b]When snow starts melting, flowers starting bloom, birds singing, yeah the good lif*BOOM* Oh...great yeah just rain on my perfect day...

When I start going outside and playing footie and more...But then again summer is much better.[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
[color=green][size=1]I also know its spring when the birds make a nest in the tree outside my window and become my alarmclock each morning at 4 a.m.--[/size][/color]
Posted
Spring always makes its welcome here by a huge thunderstorm.. and that hasn't happened yet, so Spring isn't here yet.

:drunk:
Posted
I guess when it just starts getting slightly warmer here... and we suddenly have a ton of rainstorms.

I don't like Spring for the most part. It's okay on colder days when it rains, but that's about it. I like it cold and wet outside. Warm is bad.
Posted
[color=skyblue]*walks back in after sitting outside in the rain for a bit, enjoying the peacefullness of it*

The rain, what else? ;)

But then again... Robins, bumble bees and grass are just as good. Although, since I'm way up here in Canadia-land, the grass isnt too nice for a while, and the bees arent out yet. O_o; But there's alot more squirrels at the moment, if that counts. Heh. :bluesweat [/color]
Posted
When bee's or wasps come into our bus because people leave the windows open and people scream like there being tourtured mainly those in the front do it. although all our bus driver does is stop the bus and smack it with her shoe.
likw what happened this morning

Otherwise warm weather or a robin is the first sign for me.
Posted
[color=crimson]Mainly the Bluebonnets, here in San Antonio.

Since I live in a forest, whole fields of them grow around the yard and in the woods, along the highways. Its a sign of Texas, and its a sign that the cold, harsh intenseity of winter is over.

Imagine fields upon fields.. this is the only picture I could find that is remotely good in capturing how beautiful the fields can be, and this is just a snippit compared to what i've seen in the rural areas of this state.

[img]http://www.qualitydentistry.com/extra/bluebonnet/bb2.jpg[/img][/color]
Posted
[FONT=arial]I started looking out for spring when I first heard birds chirping in the morning. hadn't heard that in a long time, it was pretty nice. and yeah, there does seem to be a sort of smell in the air that goes along with spring. same with winter. oh, and our cherry blossoms just grew, so that was a pretty good indicator spring was coming. it was actually about 85 degrees today, if not higher 0_o'. probably the only thing I'm not looking forward to is the temperature. and the bugs. and the allergies....:wigout:
[/FONT]
Posted
[color=009966]The hornets and mosquitoes are coming out.... >.> Those are some of the things that I [i]didn't[/i] miss during winter....

The bushes are growing buds and the flowers are blooming, the trees have white blossoms and the leaves are sprouting, and plus the weather is warming up alot. ^___^[/color]
Posted
I look for 60 degree weather in March. A nice cool rain shower. I also look for longer days, Robins, and dandelions.
Ah yes, dandelions...DON'T SNORT THEM! Causes brain warts.
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] The first signs of spring over in the north, obviously mean the first signs of winter here :nervous:

We get a whole host of spring time flowers, from various countries, the direct result of colonisation from many western cultures o_O;;[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]The smell of cut grass and the rise in temperature.

Yesterday I was at school and I walked outside and the sun was BEAMING. And the grass had just been cut. I just smiled and walked to class. Then I found it that it was the first day of spring. I was so excited all day. I also noticed that it didn't get dark until almost 7 PM.

Then today, I woke up super early this morning and rode the 4-wheeler with a couple of my friends (Dance Team sleep over at Mrs. Roberts house last night! ^_^) and it was so beautiful. The sun was shining and the temperature was just right.

Just got through laying out in the sun in my bikini. Now I'm sporting shorts and a tank. Yes, spring is FINALLY here! ^_^[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Just got through laying out in the sun in my bikini. Now I'm sporting shorts and a tank. Yes, spring is FINALLY here! ^_^[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]


Spring nothing. Paradise for us guys right there. ;P


Anyway..Three things for me just scream 'Spring' for me.

[b]1) Advanced testing;[/b] LEAP, IOWA, GEE21, ACT/SAT/PSAT. All that ********.

[b]2) Jackets and Hoodies;[/b] I can't wear 'em anymore. -_-;;

[b]3) Wasps;[/b] I got stung by one yesterday. But I got revenge. Ripped off it's wings and legs with tweasers and took out my lighter, got some WD40 and...well, you know the rest. ^-^;;;
Posted
[size=1]We generally have standardized tests in the fall. *kicks school* Stupid school.

Although I am taking the ACT again in a couple weeks...[/size]
Posted
First signs of Spring in my own mind...temperature rise is a big thing, lol, and the sun comes out a lot. Just today and I walking around on my deck; shorts, T-shirt, no shoes. We just left the door opened for hours today, letting the cat go in and out -- for me, that's a big indication of Spring, lol.

Also, the sun comes up much earlier, and soccer season starts. Although we only have one practice a week (other teams are having 3), it's still another great indication of spring, and we are forced to wear shorts and T-shirts, heh.

I'm really glad that Spring is finally hear. I'm kind of sick of snow, since it has caused so many extra days of school!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...