Cora Jane 2 Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 [font=arial][size=1]What is your favorite part of celebrating birthdays? I totally enjoy being able to have a day that is designated to me. Lol. I know that probably sounds a bit self-centered, but I enjoy that I have my birthday when I do. I think that it is fun that I can celebrate with friends and family who are close to me. So overall I like the community there is when celebrating birthdays. I guess I am curious. Do you have any family/friend traditions that you do on your birthday? [/font][/size]
Semjaza Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 We don't do anything really. My mom doesn't want a party, but usually her friends and stuff come over at the least. My sister expects these big lavish extravaganzas, but she doesn't really get them. For me, I don't even want a party. There's generally nothing special about my birthday other than me getting older, and a few people being nicer to me than usual. I've had to go to class in the summer the past few years too, so I don't even get my birthday off heh (August). I know some of my dad's friends want to take me out on my birthday since I'm turning 21... But I don't drink, so there's no way that's happening lol.
Guest Crimson Spider Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 I like to eat cake and icecream untill I feel miserable so I ruin all those pictures that my mother is taking. But since I grew up, that doesn't work as well. I mainly like the gifts. (am I selfish? YES!)
G.D. Ryoko Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 The best part for me is being away from my friends. Birthday punches really hurt. I also like opening my presents. I really don`t get excitied though because My birthday is two weeks after chirstmas (January), and everyone is broke.
Rhys Mayiessen Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 [color=skyblue]The best part of my birthday would probably be being with my friends even if they try and punch me. That would probably be the best gift for you birthday, having family and friends supporting you through thick and thin...well that's what I think anyways.[/color]
KittyLynn Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 [COLOR=deeppink]Being with my friends. I love being with them and they always spice it up![/COLOR]
KittyLynn Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 [COLOR=deeppink]:wow: You don't celebrate birthdays!? ::dies:: Come on. You can't say that when you were little those birthday parties weren't fun? I loved them.Friends make it special. BTW- Rhys,I love your siggy. About the Canadian...tehehehe.[/COLOR]
ChibiV Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 I mean it. For some strange reason, the date of birth in my birth certificait wasn't my real birthday. I think it's pointless to celebrate if I don't even know my real date of birth.
Guest dr.septagon Posted April 8, 2003 Posted April 8, 2003 I'll describe it in 5 points: 1) fun 2) crazy 3) friends 4) alcohol 5) NOT IN ENGLAND
Corey Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 Necking in the dark hallways at school... Does that make me a bad person?
Adam Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 Tickling James and saying, "Hehehe, it's your birthday too!" COMING SOON...April 30!
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 The best part of my birthday is when it's over, I always celebrate my b-day alone -__- not much to celebrate I guess. :bawl:
Delian Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 Well I used to like having parties, but now i'll be turning 23 very soon and I'm getting old, so it doesn't feel like much of a celebration. But my friends will probably end up doing something for me anyway...
Posthumous Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 [color=teal][size=1][b]Presents...yes presents!I've always enjoyed getting presents.And I can't wait until this years B-Day.The bestest present ever![/b][/size][/color]
Lady Macaiodh Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 [color=darkblue]Getting drunk, drunk, drunk. I just found out my due date is Oct. 19th so I'll be able to get drunk on my birthday!!!! Unless I don't get out enough breast milk with the pump so I can party, in which case I will have to forgo. >_< Presents are good, too. I usually get money, which is spent on bills. Yay.[/color]
zidane11 Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 I like eating cake and icecream and getting presents. Yes, presents. If you say you don't like getting presents and you love all the good memories then your lying. I like all that stuff too and presents.
Tommy Vercetti Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 For me I like spending time with my family and friends but usually I spend time with my family my actually birthday, and see my friends if I have a party or something. I like getting presents and eating lots of cake and food. One downside is that I usually never have any ideas for parties, which can be annoying but I usually come up with a suggestion in the end.
Wintermute Posted April 13, 2003 Posted April 13, 2003 For me, every morning is like evolution. So my favourite part of birthdays is about half an hour after I wake up, when I eventually achieve sentience, and remember who I am, and that it is in fact my Birthday.
Guest butterfly Posted April 13, 2003 Posted April 13, 2003 i hate my birthday. it is either forgotten or is really really crap. plus it is in december, so that sucks too.
Juu Posted April 13, 2003 Posted April 13, 2003 [color=ff00cc] [size=1]...CAKE! [list]...and balloons. :bluesweat[/list] I really like decorating for either my or my friends' birthdays. It's always fun putting up balloons and setting up the napkins.[/color] [/size]
conpiracymonki Posted April 13, 2003 Posted April 13, 2003 [b][size=1] My birthdays are always the same, lol. I wake up and find £10-30 lying on the table downstairs, which I pocket and go on with my normal day. Sometime around 1pm and 4pm, my friends all find out, and I end up with horribly bruised arms. And then the next weekend I go town to shop for some clothes, or buy a random game.[/b] I like my birthdays the way they are. Even the digs. >.>[/size]
Guest Fiasco Posted April 14, 2003 Posted April 14, 2003 Cake obviously! Whats better then FREE CAKE! Hell, it even comes with BALLOONS and some presents here or there. [b]FREE CAKE![/b]
Celia Posted April 14, 2003 Posted April 14, 2003 [color=0099FF] [size=1]I LOVE the CAKE. Although it may not be the kind of cake that I like, but oh well... (and the presents, Hehe.) I like the fact that they ARE here to share a happy moment with me. It shows that they do care about you. [/color] [/size]
Darkness Posted April 14, 2003 Posted April 14, 2003 Well, who doesn't love being "King" for a day?!! My birthday was last weekend (April 5th) and I basically drank for free all weekend, and had a party at Hooter's. My gifts weren't bad either. My mother used to take me to the ihop the morning of my birthday every year (i know it doesn't sound special, but i don't see my mother very often) and she'd read me my birthday horoscope. I actually miss those days, but I'm getting old now (22) so I just think a day free of work is reward enough.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now