OtakuBoards

<<<Final Fantastic Survivor>>>

Sandy

OoC: *waits for inspiration*
Right, the surprise...gotta wait for Des. I gotta time this just right--BB said I could go ahead with my plan for the Velvet Pouch that Ixion's Fayth gave us.
~~~~~~~
Auron groused and rubbed his forehead. This Klikk fiend was getting to be a pain in the...well, you know.
[color=crimson]"Much as I hate to be some sort of old guy that gets used a lot--"[/color]
Cecil snorted. Zell raised an eyebrow.
[color=crimson]"--and get your minds out of the gutter--I see no other way..."[/color] Auron winced and looked at Zell. [color=crimson]"Are you certain that Drawing doesn't hurt?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"It shouldn't."[/color] Zell grinned as he watched Klikk constantly ram into the walls. The fiend hissed in irritation, trying its best to shake the confusion off.
[color=teal]"We should strike while it's still confused. What did you have in mind, Auron?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Magic would be the most effective against it--we just can't seem to move fast enough to catch up to it. It's pretty agile as well, so..."[/color] Auron turned to Zell. [color=crimson]"Could you draw Holy?"[/color]
Zell's jaw dropped. [color=orangered]"You know [i]Holy[/i] too?!"[/color]
Auron pushed his shades up his nose, watching Klikk still battering itself against the walls. [color=crimson]"I know just about every magic spell ever discovered here in Spira."[/color] He then snorted. [color=crimson]"Doesn't mean I'm any good at them...I was trained for physical combat."[/color]
[color=orangered]"That means his brain is underdeveloped,"[/color] Zell whispered to Cecil. [color=orangered]"OW!"[/color]
Auron glared at Zell witheringly. [color=crimson]"I could always just leave you down here."[/color]
[color=orangered]"I'll be good."[/color]
Auron hmphed. [color=crimson]"That'll be a first."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Hey, now don't you start that!"[/color]
[color=teal]"[i]Chil[/i]dren..."[/color] Cecil sighed.
[color=orangered]"Right. If you'll excuse me, Auron..."[/color] Zell drew Holy, though it was a struggle at first. To Auron, it was like someone was digging into his brain with icicles, then pulling a piece out.
[color=orangered]"Just let go already!"[/color]
Auron made a face, then relented. Zell held up a shining piece. [color=orangered]"Wow, Holy."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Don't waste that, now."[/color]
Zell nodded. [color=orangered]"Just get Rock Boy out of there."[/color] He confidently bounded toward Klikk.
[color=teal]"...Rock Boy...?"[/color]
Zell stood right behind Klikk and raised his arm. [color=orangered]"EAT HOLY, FIEND!"[/color]
Klikk whirled about and screeched in Zell's face, a reaction the blonde had not expected. Zell gasped and fell backwards, feeling deja vu. Klikk raised a dagger like claw to cleave at Zell again when...
...several ethereal orbs hovered about Klikk then swooped up. In a moment, each one shot into the fiend, shaking it bodily and tearing at it. Klikk screamed...and toppled backwards. The Survivors were thankful to see pyreflies floating up from its carcass.
Zell turned to see a dusty but free Cecil grinning, allowing Auron to lean against his crystal armor. The Crimson Warrior looked exhausted. [color=crimson]"I told you not to waste it."[/color]
[color=orangered]"I never even got a chance to use it!"[/color] Zell protested.
[color=crimson]"Keep it, then. You might need it someday."[/color] Auron massaged his temples, then motioned Cecil to let him sit down. [color=crimson]"We'll take a break for a few minutes, then go finish off Geosgaeno."[/color]
[color=teal]"Magic takes a lot out of old g--"[/color] Cecil paused as he heard Auron scraping his sword against the floor stones.
[color=crimson]"Now how did that Silence Buster attack go again...?"[/color] Auron mused loud enough for the other two to hear him. He grinned as they chose not to comment further.
~~~~~~
OoC: One down, one to go, and then...the SURPRISE! *screams in delight*

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]OOC:[/b] Gah... inspiration has fled!! O_O;; Whoever said writing was easy is a down-right-liar!! *composes self* Here goes the world...
~~~~

[color=orangered]"Okay... so... We've sat in here "planning" -- what did we come up with?"[/color] Zell's voice was curious as he lowered himself back into the water. The tunnel lead back under the wall and into the larger body they'd escaped from not so long ago.[color=orangered]"Last time we didn't have a plan I was almost-"[/color]
[color=teal]"Almost?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Okay, okay... I [i]was[/i] eaten. It's an experience I'd prefer not to repeat."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Then,"[/color] declared Auron, following Zell, who was by now a little way away and treading water efficiently. [color=crimson]"Then, perhaps, you should stay away from its mouth?"[/color]
Zell's face took on a sarcastic expression. [color=orangered]"Haha, look who's the funny man."[/color] He then turned his glare on Cecil, who wasn't hiding the fact that he was grinning quite openly. He shrugged before following the other two survivors.
[color=orangered]"But seriously,"[/color] pressed Zell, releasing Cecil from his glare. [color=orangered]"What's the plan?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"[i]The plan[/i] mostly consists of us avoiding being killed by Geosgaeno, long enough for us to get into the temple."[/color]
Zell paused. Then he blurted, [color=orangered]"If you don't have a plan at least say so!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"But that was the plan."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Some plan."[/color]
[color=crimson]"I somehow see it being better than your usual plan of getting killed by [i]everything[/i]."[/color] growled Auron.
Cecil winced. [color=teal]"That's a little harsh..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Yeah! Listen to him!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"ALL RIGHT!"[/color] Auron bellowed suddenly, prefering to avoid a complete riot. He sighed, collecting himself before continuing. [color=crimson]"[i]Here[/i] is the plan."[/color]
There was a pause. Water dripped somewhere.
[color=orangered]"Well?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Well [i]what[/i]?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"You said there was a plan..."[/color]
Auron, not for the first time since the competition started, looked a little flustered. [color=crimson]"I..I'm just wondering whether to tell you."[/color]
[color=orangered]"What kind of a plan is that?!"[/color]
Cecil continued grinning, despite himself. [color=teal]"Zell... what he means is he hasn't got a plan."[/color]
Zell looked between Auron and Cecil. Then he rolled his eyes to the ceiling with a sigh. [color=orangered]"I'm not going out there again until I know what's going on!"[/color]
[color=teal]"Okay... how's this for a plan? Auron and I can't realistically use our swords against it, so we're down to magic. It's weakness is... electricity, I'd assume?"[/color]
Auron nodded.
[color=teal]"So... electricity is the way we should be going with this. Common sense tells me fire will be no good, like ice... and water is taboo against it."[/color] Cecil paused. [color=teal]"What would water do to it in this world?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Heal it."[/color]
[color=teal]"I thought as much."[/color] Cecil then glanced at Zell. [color=teal]"What you do is up to you. You can punch it if you like, but I imagine moving that close to it would be a problem. Do you have many spells?"[/color]
Zell shook his head. [color=orangered]"I have... urm... that Holy that I never used... and a few Confuses left over from Klikk... and a Beserk... But..."[/color]
[color=teal]"Beserk would be very bad... let's not go there..."[/color] Cecil paused. [color=teal]"So, how's that sound?"[/color]
Auron smiled slightly. [color=crimson]"Quite the strategic mind Cecil."[/color]
Cecil shrugged. [color=teal]"You two weren't going to get anywhere on your own. Now come on... Geosgaeno's not getting any weaker..."[/color]

~~~
[b]OOC:[/b] And for me that's a long post... Gah... and I didn't even get us to Geosgaeno O_o That was pretty wordy and pointless, but knock yourself out!

OoC: Will edit this with post soon. I'm still pretty torn up and upset over losing my manager friend. :bawl:
Plus I've been busy with my new Auron art...*grin*...[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29031]See?[/url]
EDIT OOC: Well, I'm back. I'll see if I can get us past Geosgaeno and be able to pull off my idea for the velvet pouch. Someone just get us to Mei and the Fayth room, start the Ganger fight, and I'll take it from there. *grin*
~~~~~~~~
Zell made a face as he slipped into the water. [color=orangered]"Still cold, still wet..."[/color]
[color=teal]"...still whiney,"[/color] Cecil finished, grinning. Auron chuckled, then shoved Cecil gently into the water.
[color=crimson]"Hurry up--some of us aren't getting any younger, you know."[/color]
Zell laughed loudly at this, the sound echoing loudly in the empty tower. Cecil looked at Auron.
[color=teal]"I...no, wait, wait. That's just too easy."[/color]
Auron's eye crinkled and he too stepped into the water, his tokkuri floating again, his coat floating out behind him like some crimson tail.

Geosgaeno prowled about, irritated at losing that one tender, colorful morsel of flesh it had captured earlier. Sahagins and the occasional sea gull were all well and good, but the giant fiend had a chance to devour something new...and lost it. Geoesgaeno unfurled its tentacles, letting them sway with the water's flow; it was the easiest way to catch unsuspecting prey without even trying.
Auron never saw it coming.

The Survivors swam cautiously along the edge of the deep pool, straining their eyes to catch a glimpse of either Geosgaeno or the Temple door. Zell's eyes popped open and he knew he had to take a fresh breath. He motioned behind him without looking back and broke the surface, drawing in a deep breath.
Next to him, Cecil bobbed, his bluey white hair floating on the surface. The Paladin also took a deep breath, then brushing water drops from his face, looked around. [color=teal]"All right, where'd the geezer go [i]now?[/i]"[/color]
[color=orangered]"He's probably already inside the Temple by now, laughing at us,"[/color] Zell groused.
[color=teal]"I don't think so,"[/color] Cecil countered in a serious tone.
[color=orangered]"Really? Why's that?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Because he doesn't have a sense of humor, remember?"[/color] Cecil chuckled.
Zell snorted cheerfully. [color=orangered]"Too true."[/color]
[color=teal]"I wonder how he got past Geosgaeno though..."[/color] Cecil instinctively began to scan the area for the giant fiend; what he saw shocked him.
Just below and a little to the right of them, Geosgaeno had settled itself into the crevices of the underwater ruins, hugging the edges of the pool like the Survivors had been. The fact that the fiend was so close to them wasn't the terrifying part--it was seeing Auron struggling in Geosgaeno's grasp.
One of the thick octopus tentacles was wrapped tightly around his head, another around his stomach, and a third clinging to his right ankle. Auron was trying to push the tentacle around his head off with no luck, struggling in the fashion of a man desperately in need of air. His free leg was kicking at his trapped one, his tokkuri bobbing from the motion. Geosgaeno ignored the bottle until it tapped against its mouth; growling deeply, the fiend slashed at the bottle, and it cracked slightly, releasing the liquid inside and sinking downward as a result.
[color=orangered]"And he complains about me getting killed all the time!"[/color] Zell yelped.
[color=teal]"We'll do a death tally later. Let's get rid of Geosgaeno!"[/color]

Geosgaeno gurbled gluttonishly to itself. This one wasn't as colorful as the last, but appeared to have the same texture. It growled in dark pleasure as the bottle sank down, no longer a nuisance; its owner soon followed suit. Geosgaeno was about to stuff its motionless prey down its throat when the world spun about dizzingly.
Geosgaeno bellowed in confusion and gripped its prey tighter; it wasn't going to lose out again. Its eyes spotted the colorful one from earlier, and one that glistened like pearls. The giant fiend tried to rush them, intent on more meals, but in its gluttonous haste instead ran into one of the stone towers. The ancient rock crumbled instantly, hitting Geosgaeno and trapping it by one of its large wing-like fins. The fiend roared and dangled its free tentacles, then whipped them at the two offending figures.

[color=teal][i]It's trapped. Good. Now to get rid of it.[/i][/color]
Zell was drawing his arm back to use the Holy he got earlier, but looked noticeably upset. He pointed to Auron, still tangled in the tentacles, not moving.
[color=teal][i]He's either worried about hitting Auron with Holy or about getting Auron to the surface. Well, seeing as how we can't do the second yet and we might have to put up with the first...[/i][/color] Cecil groaned mentally but made a frantic motion.
Zell looked grim, pulled his arm back again, and...
~~~~~~~
OoC: OOOO, cliffhanger! LOL! I'm sure BB remembers how many targets Holy hits, right?
Tentacles, tentacles, tentacles...dirty minds would cast this as a bad hentai ripoff. But we're all innocent here, ya? :p (Y'all better be!)

[b]OOC:[/b] Well... I've never been a great user of Holy myself, so I don't remember... but in FF8 it only damages one enemy... but... *blinks* we only have one enemy... so it's not as if it really matters... oh bleh - I'll shut up now ^____^;;
~~~~~

Auron could take it, Zell decided, realising suddenly that he'd become a critical part of a "now or never" situation. Auron could take it...
He brought his hand back in the water as though he was about to physically throw something at Geosgaeno, then, taking his hand forcefully through the water, sent the spell towards the giant fish. White light appeared from Zell's fingertips and scored swiftly through the water, like some kind of spirit. Straight through the fish's skeletal stomach, it writhed for a moment before curling up its throat towards its head and out of sight.
For a second nothing happened. Cecil shot a worried, yet questioning look in Zell's direction, but Zell didn't even see it. He was too preoccupied with the fact that something should have happened by now. [color=orangered][i]C'mon, c'mon, C'MON![/i][/color] [i]Something[/i] should've happened by now. Even if that something was Geosgaeno eating them all alive.
Then... the pearly light reappeared. Bursting from Geosgaeno's eyeballs. With a roar the fiend pulled back, not certain what was happening. Why were all these colourful people out to get him? He just wanted food! Nothing else pained him this much over on of their own.
As Geosgaeno's pain intensified, his grip on Auron was suddenly released. Now confused and injured, Geosgaeno was in no mood to fight for his prize. Frantically, Zell motioned Cecil to get to Auron while he kept Geosgaeno occupied. Exactly how was going to be a feat in itself, but Cecil wasn't in shape to even be thinking of distracting the fiend.
There was a second's protest where Cecil gestured and Zell ignored him. Frantically, Zell watched Cecil make for Auron who, worryingly, wasn't moving. What was he going to do? He had to keep Geosgaeno occupied... even if just for a couple of seconds. Something that would get the feind's attention.

Quickly, having given up on Zell's ability to quit being the heroic type, and instead classifying him to be a complete and all-out idiot, Cecil made a beeline for Auron while Geosgaeno busied itself with being in pain. Twice, he was nearly swept aside by a flailing fin, but he doggedly kept on, his own lungs burning for air as he neared Auron. Desperately, he hooked his arms under Auron's shoulders and dragged the warrior towards the door, kicking desperately as he tried to propel them both in the desired direction. He wondered suddenly if Zell hadn't gotten himself the easier job with distracting Geosgaeno.

Meanwhile, Zell still had his problem to sort out. Geosgaeno had recovered from the Confusion and was eyeing the two swimmers hungrily. Two for the price of one, as it were. Decidedly, Zell held out his arms for a moment, and drew from the boney fish. This, while not hurting Geosgaeno at all, was enough to divert his attention, turning back to the "colourful" blonde, it's beedy eyes suddenly remembering the earlier punishment. Mentally Zell checked what he'd picked up before throwing another confusion in Geosgaeno's direction. This should be... interesting...

~~~
[b]OOC:[/b] And my offline life calls O_o I'll come back and edit this if nobody beats me to it!

OoC: Inspiration! (of a weird sort) Let's see how this goes.
Yes, I took creative license, bwa ha ha! :devil: Again.
~~~~~~~
While Geosganeo roared and writhed its tentacles in confused frustration, Zell peered at the unusual energy pulsing in his gloved hand, to make sure he hadn't 'seen' that wrong.
Zell had not actually Drawn a spell from Geosgaeno, but instead, its ability to use Stone Punch.
[color=orangered][i]Veeeeery interesting...[/i][/color]
At the Temple door, Cecil was fighting to keep a hold on Auron [i]and[/i] open the door. Auron's ponytail floated indifferently, and Cecil waved it away in irritation. Lungs burning, Cecil realized he would have to go to the surface again, then try the door once more.
Geosgaeno watched the pearled one dragging the less colorful one toward the surface, and strained at the rock trapping its one fin. Unable to break free, Geosgaeno opened its mouth wide, attempting to suck the two into its giant mouth.
[color=orangered][i]Don't think so![/i][/color] Zell grinned. He quickly swam toward the fiend, flexed his right hand, and swung.

To this day, people still argue about how Geosgaeno could have been susceptable to petrification. Many pointed out that the fiend was a keen user of Petrification, and as such, had built up an immunity to it. Some people reasoned that Zell had used its own Stone Punch against it, but this was incorrect, others said, for two reasons. Number one, Stone Punch was not a spell, therefore, though drawable, it was not usable. The other point was that Zell had attacked physically, not with a spell.
The strongest logic was that, by drawing Geosgaeno's Stone Punch away, Zell had also taken the fiend's Stone immunity with it.
Whatever the reason, Zell had become a hero.

Cecil struggled under Auron's weight, breathing heavily and trying to get the Crimson Warrior to respond, with no luck. He quickly looked down to see how Zellw was fairing...and froze in shock for the second time that day.
Geosgaeno was gone.
Zell broke the surface in a moment, blonde hair plastered to his forehead, his face beaming for all it was worth.
[color=teal]"Where's Geosgaeno?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"In tiny stone pieces on the bottom of the pool. It won't bother anyone ever again."[/color]
Cecil stared at Zell, wide-eyed. [color=teal]"But I thought Geosgaeno was immune to Petrification?"[/color]
Zell shrugged, then pumped the air with his fist. [color=orangered]"Well, doesn't seem like it anymore, does it?"[/color]
Cecil's calculating mind went to work. [color=teal]"Did you use any kind of Stone spell on it? I saw you Drawing from it."[/color]
Zell shrugged again. [color=orangered]"I just went up to it, flexed--"[/color] He mimicked his actions, to better show Cecil. [color=orangered]"--and POW!"[/color]
A rock ivy that served as Zell's example Geosgaeno turned to stone as Zell hit it with his fist. Cecil gaped, and Zell followed suit.
[color=orangered]"Did I just...wait, did Auron say StoneProof or StoneStrike?"[/color]
Cecil extended his free hand to touch the petrified ivy, and it crumbled into dust under his touch. He heard Zell whimper, and faced him.
[color=teal]"What?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"I just realized I had the wrong Stone-thing on."[/color]
[color=teal]"What do you mean?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Geosgaeno could have turned me to stone at any minute and I--"[/color] Zell looked faint.
[color=teal]"Well, in this case, it was the [i]right[/i] Stone-thing and--hey! Don't you go fainting on me! I've already got one heavy guy to lug around!"[/color]
Fortunately, Zell regained his composure...but spent the rest of the day boasting about his close shave.
~~~~~~~
OoC: Nifty, neh? And I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with Auron, but he needs to wake up soon if I want my surprise to work! *cackles eagerly*

offgame: [i]Ahem[/i]!!! Heh, I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm ready to post the Final Challenge -post at any time (just wrote it "clean" today with my Word) , so just say when you're done with... whatever you're doing. ;)

OoC: Chill, Sage, m'dear--we wanted to give Dessy a chance to write, too. Anyways, we'll nearly done, and I think you'll really like the twist I have planned for the final Temple. BB's already gotten a kick out of it, and I hope that Des will too. ^_____^

And once we are done, you [i]are[/i] going to tell us who "won" the Quiz Challenge, correct? That's what I assume this final post of yours is. ^_~

Someone please get us to the beginning of the Final Fight with Ganger--I want to get my surprise started. *glees!!!!*

[color=seagreen]Okay, okay, I'm back. I'll get us inside the temple, but I'm not sure where you want to go with it so I won't go much farther.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cecil was about to try and slap some sense back into Zell when he came to. [color=teal]"Okay, follow me down, then, and we'll try and open the door together."[/color] And with a look at Zell's fist, added, [color=teal]"And don't punch either of us."[/color]

Diving down beneath the surface, Cecil dragged Auron along with one hand and tugged at the temple door with the other, along with Zell. There was a large metal bar resting across the door, which had rusted over time and become practically one piece with the door.

Giving up trying to pull the bar away, Cecil thought quickly. An idea came to mind, and he waved to get Zell's attention before pointing at the bar. Zell gave him a blank stare, with Cecil frantically gesturing at the bar. He tried punching motions and finally Zell caught on, punching the bar and turning the bar to stone, shattering it.

Cecil and Zell broke the surface inside the temple, gasping for air. Cecil laid Auron out on the stone floor; he wasn't breathing.

[color=orangered]"Quick, heal him!"[/color] Zell shouted once he took a few deep breaths.

[color=teal]"I can't make him start breathing again, that's not--"[/color] Cecil suddenly stopped in mid-sentence.

[color=orangered]"What? What is it!?"[/color]

Cecil blinked, a dead serious look on his face. [color=teal]"He needs CPR."[/color]

Zell almost fainted again. [color=orangered]"You want [i]me[/i] to do it?!"[/color]

[color=teal]"He'll die if we don't do something fast! And besides, you've had some experience with this sort of thing."[/color]

[color=orangered]"You can't be serious! Are you talking about [i]Sephiroth?![/i]"[/color] At a nod from Cecil, Zell continued. [color=orangered]"But you're the one that came out of the airship with him!"[/color]

[color=teal]"You've got to be kidding me! That wasn't even real!"[/color]

[color=orangered]"I don't care! If I've already done it, that means it's your turn!"[/color]

[color=teal]"You'd just let him die?"[/color] Zell remained silent at this, staring steadily back at Cecil. [color=teal]"Damnit, there isn't time for this!"[/color] Cecil yelled, and took the plunge.

... A voice from out of the darkness: "I think he's coming around!" It sounded like...he couldn't quite tell, but it sounded familiar. A sound of rushing air...thumping...and pain!

Auron jolted back into consciousness, sitting bolt upright. The first thing he saw was Cecil sprawled on his back next to him, eyes wide from being knocked over suddenly. [color=crimson]"What's going on?"[/color] he wheezed, and then winced from the pain in his chest.

[color=orangered]"He's alive, he's alive!"[/color] It was the voice again, only now he could tell it belonged to Zell.

[color=crimson]"Of course I'm--"[/color] He coughed hard, and some blood came out into his hand.

[color=teal]"Don't try and talk yet!"[/color] Cecil sat up quickly, pushing Auron gently back down into a prone position. [color=teal]"Cure! Cure! ... The CPR ended up cracking a few of your ribs."[/color]

As Cecil cast the spells, Auron felt the pain in his chest subside and he was able to breathe freely again. Finally he managed to say, [color=crimson]"CPR?"[/color]

Cecil nodded. [color=teal]"You almost drowned; it was the only way."[/color]

Sitting up again, he glanced at Cecil, then Zell, and back at Cecil again. [color=crimson]"Please don't tell me--"[/color]

[color=orangered]"No I did not!"[/color] Zell almost screamed.

Auron glanced at Zell again, the blonde looking a bit sheepish, and then to Cecil once again. [color=crimson]"So--"[/color]

[color=orangered]"That's right, Cecil--"[/color]

[color=teal]"[i]Don't[/i] say it!"[/color]

Auron blinked at the two as they stood up, pulling him up with them. [color=crimson]"Did I miss something?"[/color]

[color=orangered]"Well, yeah, you were out for--"[/color]

[color=teal]"Zell, be quite. And just forget about this, we have more important things to be doing."[/color] Cecil gestured down the dark hall in front of them.

[color=orangered]"Hmph,"[/color] Zell said, looking annoyed.

[color=crimson]"That's my line."[/color]

Cecil's serious face broke into a grin. [color=teal]"Wow, a real, actual, [i]good[/i] joke."[/color]

Zell's face also changed into a grin. [color=orangered]"I guess CPR changed him, eh Ce--"[/color]

Both Cecil and Auron turned to Zell with a glare, speaking as one. "[color=teal]B[/color][color=crimson]e[/color] [color=teal]q[/color][color=crimson]u[/color][color=teal]i[/color][color=crimson]e[/color][color=teal]t[/color][color=crimson],[/color] [color=teal]Z[/color][color=crimson]e[/color][color=teal]l[/color][color=crimson]l[/color][color=teal]![/color]"

[color=orangered]"Oh, fine..."[/color] Zell muttered to himself as they started off into the temple.

OoC: That's [i]one[/i] way to bring someone back to life. O.o
I apologize in advance for this post being so long.
And for making the Baaj Temple seem a lot larger than it really is. ^6;;;;
~~~~~
The front room was lined on either side by six statues, monsters that held their hands out, as if waiting for something. Just ahead, the door to the room of the Fayth waited.

[i]"I E Yu Iiiiii
No Bo Meeee No
Re N Mi Riiiii
Yo Ju Yo Go
Ha Sa Te Ka Na E
Ku Ta Ma Eeee..."[/i]

That same haunting melody. Auron remembered the last time he had been here, during Yuna's pilgrimage. He had been surprised at the identity of the Fayth, but...
The Crimson Warrior shook his head. Enough memories.
[color=orangered]"I survived Geosgaeno! And Cecil kissed Auuuuron!"[/color] Zell was loping along, chanting in a sing songy voice.
The other two glared at the blonde. [color=crimson]"I don't suppose you know Mute?"[/color]
Cecil made a face. [color=teal]"Not really."[/color]
[color=crimson]"We could always gag him with his own jacket."[/color]
[color=teal]"Tempting."[/color]

Inside the fayth room, Rinoa watched in silent terror as Ganger sank his claws deep, one into the fayth statue, and the other digging into her shoulder. The unfortunate girl cried out as the power of Anima was transferred into her body.

Zell whistled and twirled the red velvet pouch around his finger. They had yet to use it and it had been quite some time since they had left Ixion's temple.
Auron glared at Zell and was about to say something, but thought better of it. That's when the door to the room of the Fayth slid open.
[color=orangered]"Hey, it's Rinoa!"[/color]
[i][color=skyblue]"Hello, Zell."[/color][/i]
[color=orangered]"Oooook...your voice is echoing funny. That means..."[/color] Zell took up a battle stance. [color=orangered]"You're not Rinoa!"[/color]
[i][color=skyblue]"Of course I am. Ask me something only I would know."[/color][/i]
[color=teal]"Could be a trick."[/color] Cecil Peeped at Rinoa, then scowled slightly. [color=teal]"What do you think, Auron?"[/color]
Auron studied her for a moment. Suddenly, Rinoa fell forward on her knees.
[i][color=skyblue]"Help me!"[/color][/i] she gasped. [i][color=skyblue]"Monster in there--it was talking about taking something called Anima...and then it merged Anima with me and..."[/color][/i] Rinoa shrieked and grabbed her head, sobbing.
The three Survivors looked at each other, silently asking if it was a trick...or the real thing.
Rinoa sniffled one last time, then stood up. She lifted her head, revealing a nasty smile and empty eyes. [i][color=skyblue]"And here I thought you were gentlemen--that you would save poor Rinoa."[/color][/i]
[color=teal]"Doppleganger!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"He's possessed Rinoa! LET HER GO!"[/color]
[i][color=skyblue]"And spoil all the fun? I think not."[/color][/i] Rinoa's body stepped backwards, then she threw her head back and screamed. [i][color=skyblue]"BEHOLD MY POWER!"[/color][/i]
Her angelic wings tore out of her back, but appeared to die off immediately. They wrapped around her, covering her body, giving it a cocoon look. Chains appeared from nowhere and shot into the cocoon, pulling out Rinoa's arms by the wrists. But these arms were ugly, sickly, scaly. A serated edge tore the top of the cocoon, and Anima's head began to rise up. Anima threw her head back to scream...and lost somewhere in that scream was Rinoa's own voice.
[color=crimson]"This just got very damn dangerous..."[/color]
[color=teal]"You mean--Rinoa's really possessed by Ganger?"[/color]
Auron nodded grimly. [color=crimson]"And somehow, Ganger called Anima up through her. Very damn dangerous indeed."[/color]
[color=orangered]"RINOA!"[/color] Zell cried out. [color=orangered]"Don't worry, we'll save you!"[/color]
[color=teal]"How do you plan on that?!"[/color]
Zell looked at Cecil, blank faced. [color=orangered]"I don't know, but...but we can't just leave her like that!"[/color] Zell pointed to Anima, the velvet pouch dangling from his wrist. It banged against his arm, and he looked at it.
~[i]"Don't open it until your need is the greatest."[/i]~
[color=orangered]"Hey guys, would you say our need is greatest right about now?"[/color]
[color=teal]"I have absolutely no idea how to even begin fighting this--it--her---augh! I say, yes!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"I would have to agree. Whatever is in the pouch may give us an advantage. Besides, it's time to get rid of Ganger forever."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Without hurting Rinoa!"[/color]
Zell held the pouch out and was about to open it when--
Anima reeled back, Ganger's voice echoing out. [i]"I think not!"[/i] Rinoa's scream issued out as Anima used her Pain attack. It hit the pouch, knocking it to the ground, and burning it to a crisp.
[color=orangered]"Oh expletive..."[/color] Zell mumbled, staring at the dust.
[i]"You're next..."[/i]

The pouch was not destroyed, though. Ixion heard the call of the energy released from it. Rearing up, Ixion slammed his hooves down, lightning crackled outward.
In Besaid, Valefor swooped upwards, singing in response.
In Kilika, Ifrit stretched and pounded the ground.
In Macalania, Shiva shifted temptingly, swinging her arm out.
In Bevelle, Bahamut growled in appreciation, stretching his wings.
In Remiem, the Three Sisters shared a grin and raised their arms to the sky.

In Baaj, Anima itself reared back slightly, Ganger yelling in annoyance. "[i]Whatever you are attempting to do won't work, so stop! You'll only kill the girl!"[/i]
[color=orangered]"Oh shut up."[/color]
Zell's eyes flashed. With an agile backflip, he dug into the floor on all fours. Somewhere, he could see Ifrit bellowing and Bahamut roaring back in proud agreement.
[color=teal]"Um, Zell...I think you are on fire..."[/color]
Zell turned to Cecil, his hair flaring out into a long mane. The Paladin was startled to see Zell forming into a large lizard; the heat didn't bother Zell at all, but rather, he basked in it. His tattoo took on a three dimensional form, extending off of his face and curving into black horns. His jacket melted away, leaving feathery tufts on his forearms. Zell roared challengingly, stretching his new body. [url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/zeltinc.jpg]Zeltinc[/url], Salamander.
[color=teal]"Auron, did he just--AURON!"[/color]
Auron's one russet eye winked at him before he pulled his head slightly down into his collar. In his mind's eye, the Crimson Warrior spotted Valefor spinning about and the Magus Sisters flying in majestic patterns of their own.
His red coat exploded into ribbons as an enormous pair of eagle wings brushed against the ceiling. Another small pair formed in front, the left wing cradling itself. Auron raised his head again, opening his lethal beak for a battle scream, extending his ebony talons. He lashed his black tail just one, to test balance, then grinned in eagerness for coming battle. [url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Auronite.jpg]Auronite[/url], Griffon.
[color=teal]"Fine, just leave me in the--WHOA!"[/color]
Cecil's complaint was cut instantly short as he staggered backwards. He could tell Shiva was winking at him and Ixion pawing at the ground, eager to fight.
Cecil was startled to see his armor melting down, running over his body, giving it a complete crystal look. He was about to run his hands over it in awe, but discovered he now had split hooves. His hair fell in his face and he tossed his head to throw it back, thus learning he now had a long, bluey white mane that ran down his back and turned into a lion's tail at the end. Similar blue white tufts encircled his hooves. His head felt heavy, but Cecil was quick to assume it was because of his brand new, pearly white horn. Cemyth, Unicorn.
The three new Aeons faced Anima. The final battle was now on.
~~~~~~~~
OoC: PHEW! That was long.
OK, in all honesty, that's what I wanted to do. But now I dunno what to write! HELP!
Oh, and I chose a Unicorn for Cecil because he is pure, just like Unicorns are reknown to be. Cemyth (name pending) is on his way. I need to finish Zeltinc, too. ^^

[b]OOC:[/b] Okay... I'm really sorry about this guys... but my computer hates me, and keeps shutting down every three minutes or so when I'm online (aka nowhere near long enough to write a post) I'm going to try and fix the problem in the next few days, but I really don't know when I'm going to be able to get back online "properly" (*grumble grumble* stupid internet) So... just giving people the heads up :(

[color=seagreen]Easy way to keep posting, if you can get on the net even for a few minutes at a time: Just write your post in Notepad or something, get online, and copy it into OB to post. That way you don't have to be online while writing the post, just for the actual posting of the post.[/color]

OoC: I'm going to keep it short so BB can jump back in. (Please come back--I miss you! .:bawl:.)
~~~~~~
Auronite stretched out his right foreleg and dug his talons into the stone floor. Lashing his tail, he watched Anima carefully, the giant powerful Aeon throwing her head back and screaming every so often.
[i][color=crimson]So now what do we do?[/color][/i] he thought to himself.
[i][color=teal]That's a really good question.[/color][/i]
Auronite's eagle eye widened slightly; he almost turned to look at the Unicorn next to him, but caught himself in time so Ganger would not detect anything.
[i][color=crimson]Cecil?[/color][/i]
[i][color=teal]Yes?[/color][/i]
[i][color=crimson]You can hear me?[/color][/i]
Auron sensed some sort of pulse that must have represented Cecil in his mind's eye; the pulse took on a dry tone. [color=teal][i]No, Auron, I can't hear you.[/color][/i]
[i][color=crimson]Shut up.[/color][/i] Auron responded.
[i][color=orangered]Hi guys![/color][/i]
Auron resisted the urge to roll his eye. [color=crimson][i]That's all I need, is for you two to be messing around in my mind.[/i][/color]
The Zell pulse quivered questioningly. [color=orangered][i]Wha? I thought[/i] you [i]were inside[/i] my [i]head![/i][/color]
[i][color=teal]That just sounds so wrong on so many levels,[/color][/i] Cecil remarked.
[i][color=crimson]Moving right along,[/color][/i] Auron said. [i][color=crimson]We appear to be mind linked. That will be useful, but--[/color][/i]
[i][color=orangered]Guys, check this out![/color][/i]
Zeltinc reared back, then opened his mouth, belching out a fiery sphere.
[color=teal][i]Zell, I don't think that's a good i--[/i][/color]
Anima bellowed, then unleashed her Pain attack on Zeltinc.
In Auron's mind's eye, he watched as the Zell pulse gyrated wildly, throwing out pulses of its own. The pulses hit Auron and he writhed in pain. Cecil's pulse moved in a similar manner, and Auron figured the Paladin was also feeling Zell's pain.
[color=teal][i]Ok, rule number one--as cool as our new forms are, we are[/i] not[i] going to do that again. Got it?[/i][/color]
Zell's pulse throbbed in shameful agreement.
[color=crimson][i]As for rule number two, we need to find out if Anima/Ganger/Rinoa can hear us.[/i][/color]
[color=orangered][i]Right. HEY RIIIIINOOAAAAAAA![/i][/color]
[color=teal][i]What are you[/i] doing?![/color]
[color=orangered][i]Finding out if Rinoa can hear us.[/i][/color]
[color=crimson][i]IDIOT! If she could hear us, then so could Ganger![/i][/color]
[color=orangered][i]Well how do you know?[/i][/color] Zell shot back. [color=orangered][i]They could be seperate identities or--[/i][/color]
[color=teal][i]Or not. Zell, we could be in serious trouble here...[/i][/color]
Auron pulsed for silence. [color=crimson][i]Do you hear that?[/i][/color]
[color=orangered][i]Hear what?[/i][/color]
Auron pulsed a glare at Zell, then listened harder.
[color=blue][i][size=1]...he..lp....me...[/size][/i][/color]
Zell quivered in shock. [i][color=orangered]RINOA![/color][/i]
~~~~~~
OoC: OK, so now we are all super powerful Aeons (make your own attacks) and we are mind linked--but whenever one of us gets hit, the others suffer too.
Take this somewhere--I'm just messing around. ^^

[b]OOC:[/b] Well... an update is in order I believe O_o I'd somehow managed to contract virus on my computer, but it's all cleaned up now ^_^ - However *groan* (yeah... I hear ya...) I may not have as much internet time as usual, I may not get on everyday, so if I don't post constantly you'll have to bare with me. ANYWAY...!
~~~~~

[color=teal][i]Don't do[/i] anything.[/color]
[color=orangered][i]But... but Rinoa...[/i][/color]
Growling audibly Auronite clawed at the ground, feathers twitching in apprehension. Cemyth also subconsciously showed signs of his irritation, his mane swinging and his hoofs clicking against the stonework underfoot. Zell didn't hide the fact that he was angry, calmness having never been a strong point.
[color=orangered][i]How long are we going to just stand here?[/i][/color]
[color=crimson][i]We're letting the Ganger make the first move.[/i][/color]
In response to the comment Zell seemed to toss his own head, his mane moving like a small wave, not quite as light as Cecil's silvery mane, but still showing his impatience. [color=orangered][i]Can he hear us?[/i][/color]
Suddenly, the small voice appeared again. [size=1][color=blue][i]...he.. he can...[/i][/color][/size] Then she was silent, just as suddenly, as though struck.
[i][color=orangered]Great... just great...[/color][/i] Zell, barely even aware he was doing it, gathered himself to spring forward.
[color=crimson][i]DON'T![/i][/color] Even Auron's mind-voice was powerful, decided Zell a little sourly, relaxing as he obeyed the command.
And then, Anima started to move. Not very much, but enough to make them wary. They were going to have to fight indiviually, realised Zell. Otherwise the Ganger would know about everything they did almost before they did.
A whining started in their heads then. It was pained, and pleading, leaving an ache in the back of their minds. This must be... Anima, the aeon herself. Zell gritted his oversized teeth in a snarl of disgust. The only one they hadn't heard from yet was the Ganger.
[color=orangered][i]Can we go [/i]now?[/color]
There was a pause. Cecil made no comment, assuming that the thought had been aimed in Auron's direction.
[color=crimson][i]GO![/i][/color]
They didn't need telling twice. Seemingly as one, they lunged.

OoC: I'm a little confused by that last part, so this will be short. (HA! My definition of short is so weird! :p)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Auron "moved" through his mind's eye. He was trying to find Rinoa. It would have to be done with as little talking as possible, though--if Ganger found them...
Cecil and Zell pulsed next to him, striding forward. As one, the trio hit the invisible wall.
Zell quivered, tried to move forward, but was stopped again. He pulsed questioningly, trying his best not to talk.
Cecil moved in such a way to determine where the wall was, and tried to get around it, with no luck.
[i][color=teal]Barrier.[/color][/i]
Zell suddenly pointed urgently, beyond the wall.
Rinoa (or her essence) pulsed there miserably, with a sense of being trapped.
The Survivors knew they would have to break the wall.

[size=1][i][color=blue]...help me...[/color][/i][/size]
The three were already on their guard, victims of constant surprise attacks from Ganger. They stared at her from through the wall.
[i][color=orangered]She's chained up, though...[/color][/i]
[i][color=crimson]Shhh![/color][/i]
[i][color=orangered]Well unless you have some sort of mind reading within the mind reading zone, I don't see how we are going to be able to communicate. We'd be fighting blind.[/color][/i]
[i][color=crimson]Mmmm...and we have to take into account being hurt whenever the others get hurt.[/color][/i] Auron pulsed teasingly. [i][color=crimson]I don't need to suffer for your brashness.[/color][/i]
[i][color=orangered]Hey![/color][/i]
[i][color=teal]Rinoa... Is there any way we can get you free?[/color][/i]
[size=1][i][color=blue]...you shouldn't...be here...[/color][/i][/size]
[i][color=crimson]Why not?[/color][/i]
[size=1][i][color=blue]...Ganger...wants Aeons...[/color][/i][/size]
[color=orangered][i]Now, I love you, Rinoa, but no[/i] duh![/color]
[i][color=teal]Zell, hush. Do you mean our forms, Rinoa?[/color][/i]
[size=1][i][color=blue]...I have only been a part of Anima...for a little while...its pain...oh its pain...[/color][/i][/size]
[i][color=crimson]Get ahold of yourself, Rinoa! We need your help so we can help you.[/color][/i]
[i][color=blue]...LEAVE!...[/color][/i] Rinoa's sudden blast of angry made the Survivors wince in pain.
[i][color=orangered]But why?![/color][/i] Zell asked, throbbing with hurt puppyness.
And realization hit Cecil. [i][color=teal]Guys, we're Aeons now, right?[/color][/i]
[i][color=crimson]That is my understanding[/color][/i]
[i][color=teal]And what has Ganger been after all this time?[/color][/i]
Zell's pulse shuddered.
[i][color=crimson]Well, we'll just have to break the barrier and save Rinoa quickly, then.[/color][/i]
[i][color=orangered]You're unusually positive. What's the alternative?[/color][/i]
[i][color=crimson]Taking too long and being possessed by Ganger, then watching helplessly as your body is used to take over the world.[/color][/i]
[i][color=orangered]Well, aren't you just a proper ray of sunshine?[/color][/i]
[i]He's also quite correct...[/i] The area around them turned sickly black.
[i][color=teal]...Ganger![/color][/i]

Auronite flung his larger wings open, brushing the ceiling. Individual feathers spiked out, glowing, absorbing energy.
Smoke drifted out of Zeltinc's mouth, and flames burst into life, running down his mane.
Cemyth reared and slashed his horn through the air, sharper than his Crystal Sword. It crackled with holy power.
Then they unleashed their attacks.
~~~~~~~~~
OoC: So um, yeah, hope that made sense. ^^;

[color=seagreen]*yells "PLOT TWIST!" and plunges onward*[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three Aeons struck simultaneously, each with his own devastating attack; a blast of fire and brimstone, hotter than that of any valcono, from Zeltinc; inumerable bolts of energy from Auronite, spreading out like webs to entangle and trap anything in their path; and from Cemyth, a ray of pure Holy light, meant to shine through a creature's exterior and disolve the very essence of life within. All this, fueled by the Survivors' determination, met and broke the barrier surrounding Anima, plunging onward to pummel the possessed Aeon. A cry rent the air as Anima fell beneath the onslaught, and the Survivors let out a gasp of relief as they ceased their attacks.

Zeltinc 'voiced' what all three of them were thinking in the backs of their minds. [color=orangered][i]Did we...did we beat him?[/i][/color]

[color=crimson][i]That was too easy,[/i][/color] came the thought from Auronite.

Cemyth neighed and tossed his mane, looking warily at the fallen form of Anima. [color=teal][i]You're right. Stay on your guard; I don't think we've beaten Ganger yet.[/i][/color]

Then the small voice of Rinoa: [size=1][color=blue][i]Run.... Before it's...before it's too late.[/i][/color][/size]

[color=orangered][i]We can't just leave you like this![/i][/color] thought Zeltinc, his flame pulsing brighter.

[i]Hahahahaha.... Very good; you've stepped right into my trap. Now, experience my power![/i] The room around them faded, and out of Anima rose the form of Ganger. It glowed with a black light, floating above the fallen Aeon for a second as the Survivors' eyes grew wide. They could do nothing but brace themselves and prepare for the worst as they saw Ganger split into three and fly at them.... No, not just at them, but [i]into[/i] them. Then the world before them went completely black, and they could feel the link between them being severed.

[center]-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --[/center]

Cemyth felt as though he was falling; but the utter blackness around him made it impossible to tell whether or not it was real. Then a red light shone faintly below him; he knew that light from somewhere. Then he plunged through a layer of blackened rock; or what should have been, in any case. It looked to be mainly transparent, and he passed through it as easily as air. Down he fell still, through layer upon layer, through a multitude of caverns and crevices, as the rock grew to be a silver-white. The light was getting brighter and more intense; closer and closer, as he fell. Now the rock was no longer just silver-white, but it was shining crystal, like that of his sword. Now he knew this place. He knew it and did not believe it. This was one of the moons orbiting his homeworld, deep below the surface. This was where he had faced the greatest evil he had ever encountered: Zeromus, the product of Zemus' pure hatred.

[color=teal][i]This can't be real![/i][/color] Cemyth shouted in his mind. [color=teal][i]I've already done this! I defeated Zeromus, and now I'm the--[/i][/color] But there it was: Zeromus, in all its hideousness, orbiting around inside the core of the moon.

[center][img]http://www.angelfire.com/ex/desbreko/Zeromus1.gif[/img][/center]

Cemyth's descent slowed and eventually stopped, drawing level with Zeromus as he too began orbiting around the core, opposite the incarnation of hatred. Shades of blue crystal whirled about all around them, the walls of this giant cavern, with the red glow of the core's light shining steadily out from the center of the cavern. Zeromus rumbled at its foe, preparing to cast the ultimate black magic: Meteo.

Cemyth roared in replied, casting Shell to lessen the onslaught of falling meteors. Even at half strength, however, the barrage still hurt Cemyth badly. [color=teal][i]Cure 4![/i][/color] he thought automatically, and the two flares of multi-colored light converged on his battered body, healing it completely. Then realization struck: [color=teal][i]Shell? Cure 4? ...I must know ever white magic spell there is![/i][/color]

Zeromus rumbled again, and once again the barrage of meteors flew at Cemyth. He was ready this time with a spell of his own, however: [color=teal][i]White![/i][/color] Spheres of pure white light flew from Cemyth's horn, consuming every one of the burning meteors. Even with this small triumph, however, Cemyth knew he could not win with magic alone. From previous experience, Cemyth knew that Zeromus was invincible to any attack while in this form.

[size=1][i]Use the Crystal,[/i][/size] came a tiny voice from within.

Cemyth was startled; he knew that voice. It was a voice he hadn't heard in a long, long time. [color=teal][i]Brother? Can it be?[/i][/color]

[size=1][i]Use the Crystal, Cecil,[/i][/size] came the voice again.

[color=teal][i]I don't have the Crystal![/i][/color] Cemyth cried out in his mind. He knew that without the Crystal, all was lost, for only its power could change Zeromus into a form where it could be damaged.

Another small voice: [size=1][i]Believe in yourself, Cecil. I am here with your brother, watching over you. You cannot perish now, at the very last. Believe in yourself, warrior of the light; Paladin![/i][/size]

[color=teal][i]FuSoYa! Brother! I will not be vanquished![/i][/color] Cemyth reared up on his legs, roaring a challenge. The horn on his head shone brighter, shining with a light that could only be.... [color=teal][i]The Crystal,[/i][/color] Cemyth--no, Cecil, warrior of the light, Paladin--thought. The light from the Crystal shone out from his horn, overtaking Zeromus. The beast roared, howling a cry of hatred, as only an incarnation of pure hatred could. The light subsided, and there in its place, was now an even more hideous beast: Zeromus' second, even more powerful form.

[center][img]http://www.angelfire.com/ex/desbreko/Zeromus2.gif[/img]
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/ex/desbreko/ZeromusTheme.mid][size=1]Zeromus Theme[/size][/url][/center]

Cemyth stood his ground, roaring back, tossing his mane wildly and waving his Crystal horn about. Zeromus roared again, and Cemyth was suddenly tossed off balance as both he and Zeromus abbruptly started orbiting the opposite direction. This was it; Zeromus' most powerful attack, even more powerful than the legendary Meteo. This was the Big Bang.

Cemyth was tossed on his side from the sudden change of movement, and then the attack struck. Lightning flashed all around, bolts stricking him repeatedly, and the core of the moon shone even brighter, its fiery light rising up around him as he shook with a force strong enough to crumble a planet. The only reason the moon itself could take such an attack was because the attack was not focused upon it; it was focused upon Cemyth. As the storm of lightning and fire ended, Cemyth was thrown off his feet once more as they again changed the direction in which they were orbiting around the core.

When the attack had subsided, Cemyth rose to his feet, scorch marks lining his entire body, a limp in his left hind leg, and his head dizzy from the sudden changes in motion. [color=teal][i]Cure...4,[/i][/color] he thought with stoic determination. Again the dancing light healed his battered body, fully revitalizing him. Now it was his turn.

Cemyth charged, horn pointed straight out, as he readied a White spell. He made contact, the horn plunging deep into Zeromus' body, the power of the Crystal causing the beast to scream in agony again and again as each shining sphere of the White spell plunged into the wound. As a last blow, Cemyth reared up, tearing a long gash with his horn. Jumping back, he watched as Zeromus sagged, deeply wounded. Now was his chance.

[size=1][i]You can do it...brother![/i][/size]

Cemyth reared up on his hind legs, the intense light of the Crystal shining again from his horn as he roared his final challenge to Zeromus. Then the light within the Crystal could be contained no more and it shot forth, filling the entire cavern with its brilliance. The pulsing light stabbed through Zeromus, tearing huge gashes through it, each blow accompanied by a roar of pain and hatred from the monster. It sagged farther, falling out of its orbit and being drawn into the bright fire of the core where it was consumed, utterly and forever destroyed. Again.

[size=1][color=blue][i]Help...me....[/i][/color][/size]

[color=teal][i]Rinoa![/i][/color] Cemyth saw, in his mind's eye, the trapped form of Rinoa laying on the floor next to Anima.... And the Survivors' Aeon bodies also. Now, though, he could just see himself starting to stir. [color=teal][i]I have defeated you in my own mind, Ganger! Now I will destroy you outright![/i][/color]

Around him, the walls of the moon's core went transparent again, and he flew up and up, back again the way he had come. As he flew, he could feel his Aeon body being stripped away, his own body emerging. Cemyth's horn flattened and became the Crystal Sword in his hand. Faintly, he could also see his body laying on the ground return to normal. He looked up and saw the final layers of rock approaching, finally bursting through the surface of the moon. He briefly recognized the constellations of his world, before everything went black. Then Cecil's eyes snapped open; his real eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[color=seagreen]Okay, so there's my post twist. Ganger's possessed us, and is fighting for control of our minds by taking the form of the end boss for each character inside our minds. I know it's funky, but it's fun, so just go with it. ^_^;

And I figured after we each fight our end boss, there could be a final form that we fight as our normal characters, too. (And I have some amusing ideas about that. PM or IM me if you want to know about them, but otherwise just go with whatever you want to do).[/color]

OoC: I was about to say, that seemed rather Cecil/FF4 oriented, and...hee hee hee. I'm very glad you came up with this idea, Des! Fanservice, yay!

Spoilers ahead. Lots of angst ahead. Bear with me. :p And in the spoiler areas, I bolded Auron's text instead of crimsoning it, so it wouldn't show up against the spoil tags.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pyreflies flew past, their irridescent light bright to his eyes even behind their lids. Auron mentally groaned, and sat up, pushing himself up with his left arm.
[color=crimson]"Where...am I?"[/color]
Images briefly flashed through his mind: wings, fiery mane, crystal horn, talons, someone crying out...but as soon as he tried to look closer at the images, tried to remember them, they melted away.
Auron rubbed his eyes wearily, then pulled his hands back in shock. He traced a finger over his right eye again, to make sure it was true.
"Auron! Hey Auron, we don't got all day!"
The Crimson Warrior drew in a sharp breath. [color=crimson]"Jecht?!"[/color]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/jecht.jpg[/img]
Jecht, the famous blitzball player, father of Tidus, Guardian to Braska, friend to Auron, uncrossed his arms and rubbed the back of his head. He was a course rough type, not given over to emotions.
"[i]What.[/i]" Jecht grumbled, slightly irritated.
"Jecht," another voice cut him off. "Auron, do you feel all right?"
Auron had to restrain himself from crying out, for there, just in front of him, very real, was his mentor, his master, his friend.
It was Lord Braska.
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/braska.jpg[/img]

[color=crimson][i]Do I feel all right?[/i][/color]
Auron rubbed his right eye again, his scar still absent and showing no signs of returning. Jecht and Braska were in front of him, breathing, very very real. In his core being, Auron was hit on one side with retrospect and on the other with youthful emotion. They crashed together like waves as he numbly realized...he was reliving that moment, ten years ago.
There was something else he knew he was supposed to remember, [i]tried[/i] to remember, but it seemed like a dream, another life, something that still evaded him. He left it alone for the moment and retraced his eye. Looked at Jecht and Braska again.
And he felt his knees go weak from the absolute, helpless confusion of it all and knelt on the floor, cradling his head in his hands.

Jecht stretched luxuriously, pretending not to be worried that the one stick-in-the-mud of the group was breaking down emotionally. He didn't want to admit it, but he knew if he watched, he would have succumb to the sorrow as well.
"[i]Bra[/i]ska!" he whined.
"A moment, Jecht." Braska rested his hand on Auron's shoulder. "Auron, please, talk to me."
[color=crimson]"Braska..."[/color] Young Auron leaned on his Lord Braska slightly, then stood up. [color=crimson]"Forgive me..."[/color]
"Can we get [i]on[/i] with it already?" Jecht snapped.
The trio stepped onward, through a door, into a very familiar place. Pyreflies flitted about, wailing in their dirges, voices long past, memories forever forgotten. The Mark of Yevon was everywhere, clearly making this large, cathedral-like room a holy Temple. A large, ornate staircase rose from the center, leading to a large door.
[color=crimson]"Z-Zanarkand?"[/color]
Jecht looked witheringly at Auron; the more he felt sadness, the gruffer and ruder his exterior became. "What of it? You knew we'd get here eventually. Peh, not exactly the way I remembered it..."
"Auron, are you [i]sure[/i] you're all right?"
Then Lady Yunalesca appeared on the highest steps to lay before them their choice and their duty.

[i]Several moments later...[/i]
[spoiler]"Well, let's go," Jecht gruffed.
Auron heard their footsteps moving toward the stairs. [b]"Lord Braska! Jecht!"[/b]
"What do you want [i]now?[/i]" Jecht demanded.
[b]"Sin always comes back. It comes back after the Calm every time! The cycle will continue and your deaths will mean nothing!"[/b]
"But there's always a chance it won't come back this time," Braska patiently pointed out. "It's worth trying."
"I understand what you're saying, Auron," Jecht added. "I'll find a way to break the cycle."
[b]"You...have a plan?"[/b]
"Jecht?" Braska, too, was curious.
"Trust me, I'll think of something." And his laughter, rough and loud, echoed in the air.[/spoiler]

He was alone. The room was empty, black...even the pyreflies were as nothing. They went up the stairs, he did not. No one was there to question him when he fell forward on his knees, arms dropping listlessly to his side, head bowed.

Regret and shame poured into his very soul in a massive torrent, battering him mercilessly. His inner demons he thought he had laid to rest had returned to torment him. His heart torn, his spirit crushed, he threw his head back and clutched at it with both hands, screaming in emotional agony.

The room shifted crazily and young Auron found himself on a long blue platform, hovering just above the new Zanarkand. The city was still in her night mode, lights twinkling in deceptive cheerfulness, muting the glamour of the stars above. And yet the world was very empty.
Until the Final Aeon appeared.

[spoiler][url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/BFA.jpg]Braska's Final Aeon[/url]
His enormous scaled fingers clawed against the edge of the platform, and he hoisted himself up upon it.
[i]YOU READY THIS TIME?[/I]
[b]"J-Jecht?"[/b]
[i]ARE YOU GONNA START THAT AGAIN? GAW, AURON![/I] The Final Aeon towered above Auron, easily thirty feet tall. He flung his burly arms out and bellowed, the air shaking, the area just around the Final Aeon bursting into flames.
[i]BUT THEN, WHAT COULD I EXPECT FROM THE KID THAT ABANDONED BRASKA?[/i]
[b][i]"What?![/i]"[/b]
[i]FACE IT, YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE TO PROVE YOURSELF...AND BACKED OUT LIKE A COWARD AT THE LAST MINUTE.[/i]
Auron gasped sharply, as though he had been struck.
As the Final Aeon spoke, he drew closer to Auron.
[i]I TOOK THE FINAL HIT FOR BRASKA...AT LEAST[/i] MY[i] LIFE MEANT SOMETHING...UNLIKE YOU, YOU SCARRED REJECT![/i]
The Final Aeon lashed out with his talons and slashed Auron across his right eye. Auron toppled forward, bleeding profusely; he tried to staunch the bloodflow with his glove, but the life water dripped between his fingers, ran down his sleeve.
[i]WAS THERE ANYONE THERE TO PROTECT BRASKA WHEN HE FACED SIN? NO, BECAUSE YOU --[/i]
[b]"I was avenging both of you against Yunalesca!"[/b]
[i]NO, YOU WERE RUNNING SCARED. NO BETTER THAN MY CRYBABY OF A SON.[/i]
[b]"What else could I have done, though?"[/b]
[i]YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HIM...FROM ME.[/i]
Auron still covered his wounded eye, painfully peering at the Final Aeon with his other. [b]"Why?"[/b] he whispered.
[i]AURON, AURON, AURON...YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A SUMMONER CALLS THE FINAL AEON...IT MAY DEFEAT SIN, BUT IT SLAUGHTERS ITS OWN SUMMONER.[/i]
An image of Braska appeared, hovering, motioning as if he had just summoned the Final Aeon. The Aeon flexed his arms, roared, then plunged his claws through Braska's body. And even in death, Braska did not look angry, but still kept his calm countenance.
[i]"For...Spira..."[/i]
The Aeon forcefully ripped his claws out again, ignoring the body as it collapsed and dissolved into pyreflies. Examining his scaled hands, the Aeon snaked a tongue out to touch the blood on the tips.
[i]THE TASTE OF HIS BLOOD ON MY FINGERS...AURON, IT WAS DELICIOUS.[/i]
[i][b]"STOP IT!"[/i][/b] Auron screamed, sobbed, roared. [/spoiler]
[i]I CAN DELIVER YOU FROM YOUR OWN PAIN...JUST STAY RIGHT THERE, LET ME PIERCE YOUR HEART MORE PAINFULLY THAN ANY MEMORY YOU HAVE.[/i]
Auron's one good russet eye flew open. [color=crimson]"You're not Jecht..."[/color] In a flash, his body was returned to its older self, and he confidentally stood tall again. [color=crimson]"You're Ganger."[/color]
His Griffon wings appeared again, broke free from his coat's restraints. He gave himself over to the Aeon tranformation as he continued to speak.
[color=crimson]"You knew you could not conquer me with mere power. So you tried a different approach, to break my spirit. It would have worked too...but I know that Jecht valued Braska just as much as I did. He would never want to see Braska in pain. That was the break in your hold over me."[/color]
Auronite gathered energy into his wings.
[color=crimson][i]"You screwed with my deepest, most inner memories and feelings. You are a cruel, heartless, sadistic fiend and you deserve every moment of agony you will feel before death kindly releases you. In that knowledge, remove yourself from my mind!"[/i][/color]
The Final Aeon screamed as Auronite cast his wings' energy at him. As the energy crackled around the giant fiend Aeon, Auronite threw sharp edged feathers at him, tearing into the Final Aeon's stomach and leaving a jagged hole.
[i]DAMN YOU![/i] Ganger screamed as the Final Aeon melted away.

Auron was crouching in the front room of Baaj Temple again. In his mind's eye, Auronite dipped his wings once in farewell, then glided away. Auron grinned slightly to himself. His Aeon form had been most...informative. Not that he'd be discussing such matters with anyone anytime soon.
Cecil nodded slightly to him, then pointed to Zell. [color=teal]"Just waiting on Sleeping Beauty."[/color] Auron noticed that Cecil looked a little more careworn than the last time he had seen him, but asked no questions. He concluded that he probably looked careworn as well.
~~~~~~
OoC: Whew, long, and overly angsty! Sorry about that! I got carried away...^^;;;;;

[b]OOC:[/b] Gah! I've never finished FF8 O_o!! But... *hunts for spoilers* The things I do for my friends O_O;; So... forgive me if I'm not entirely accurate ~_~;;
~~~~~

Zell jumped. Wildly he looked about himself. [color=orangered]"What in the...?"[/color]
Something wasn't right. Quietly he turned full circle, taking in the plain, dark room he was standing in. [color=orangered][i]This is it... Ultimecia is here.[/i][/color] Where the words came from, he would never know. Somewhere in his own head no doubt. So where were the others? Quickly his head turned again, looking for them as he thought of it. He wasn't supposed to be here alone. One name stuck out vividly in his mind. [color=orangered][i]Rinoa?[/i][/color]
He blinked again, aware that he should be remembering something about Rinoa. But what was it? Wincing, he rubbed at his head. He knew what he had to do next, but something was screaming that it wasn't right. Something was [i]very[/i] wrong with this whole setup.
Disregarding the warnings in his head for the moment, the blonde stepped forward and grasped the doorhandle. [color=orangered][i]Gotta get it over with...[/i][/color] he told himself sternly. With that thought, he pushed open the door and quietly walked in.
Edea sat in a stone throne, and her cold eyes followed Zell as he walked into the room.
"Finally," she said, standing, "you came." Then, noting he was alone, she continued. "But you're being foolish."
[color=orangered]"I could take on ten of you!"[/color] announced Zell, raising his fists.
"Oh, really?"
[color=orangered]"Yeah! Both hands behind my back!"[/color]
"Maybe you should learn to restrain your tongue, little SEED." Her voice, which was mocking, only infuriated Zell more. He watched as she stepped back, and raised an arm above her. He could guess what was coming... and it wasn't going to be good... Sharply he took a battle stance and prepared for the worst.
"The most powerful GF... You... shall... SUFFER!!! HAHAHA..."
[color=orangered][i]What's with the "HAHAHA" stuff? She's crazier than I am...[/i][/color] thought Zell, watching for the GF that was about to emerge.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=465294[/img]

Griever made its entrance by crashing right through the roof. Zell jumped back, covering his head in surprise, as huge pieces of roof fell to the floor rising a cloud of dust that made him cough and choke. And through the dust, towards him, came Ultimecia's GF.
[color=orangered][i]Why am I thinking [/i]aeon[i]? What's "aeon" got to do with anything?[/i][/color] thought Zell frantically, wasting no time in pulling himself to his feet. This was nuts! There had to be something going on! He wasn't the only one to come, he couldn't be. Where was Selphie? Irvine, Squall, Quistis? Rinoa?
With a roar, Griever spread its huge wings and seemed to use them to propell itself towards Zell, who was still trying to tactfully "evade" Griever's attention.
Then, suddenly, his skull seemed to split. Kneeling to the floor, Zell held his hands to his head as Griever's "pain" attack ripped right through it. If he hadn't been alone... someone would have covered for him. That's the way these things were supposed to go. It couldn't carry on like this. [i]He[/i] couldn't carry on like this.
He heard Edea's mad cackle on the air. She was no longer Edea... Edea was long gone. Now she was Ultimecia... a thing to be feared, but not handled carefully. [color=orangered][i]Now,[/i][/color] thought Zell savagely, getting to his feet. [color=orangered][i]Now, it's war.[/i][/color] Standing fully upright, he drew "tornado" from Griever and threw it back as soon as he had taken it. Then he hit the deck as a sudden wind whipped around them, confusing the GF. And evidently enraging Ultimecia. The winds were gone just a few seconds after they had come, but Griever seemed to be sagging slightly. [color=orangered][i]It shouldn't be this easy...[/i][/color] thought Zell, quickly jumping to his feet again. [color=orangered][i]I should already be dead...[/i][/color]
Ultimecia was beside herself with anger. Obviously Zell wasn't supposed to be as resourceful as he'd proven himself to be. "The GF's true power... Allow me to show you...!" She swung her arm again, trying to make herself look as grand as possible. In Zell's opinion she just looked silly. "Griever! Make him bleed"
As soon as she'd said the words, as though responding to a command, a set of shockwaves almost wrentched themselves from underneath Griever, setting out in all directions like lemmings towards a cliff. Zell was blown several feet backwards when they hit, coming to the ground tattered and breathless. [color=orangered][i]What now? Where's everyone when you need them?![/i][/color]
Desperately, he lunged to his feet, stumbling slightly, but refusing to be beaten. Had everyone else already been here and lost? Or were they right behind him, about to burst in the door any second? Not that it mattered, he was fighting here and now. And if he died... then so be it.
"You still live, I see?" Ultimecia's voice was coated with venom as she looked at Zell. "No matter." She clicked her fingers, and Griever moved towards Zell, flicking out his wings as though he were bored of his blonde toy. "Rinoa, I'm sure she'll miss you."
[color=orangered]"Rinoa?! What do you know about Rinoa?!"[/color]
Ultimecia blinked, as though suddenly realising that Rinoa should have been there with Zell. But she soon regained her evil composure. "Only that it doesn't matter, because you're going to DIE!"
[color=orangered]"Tell me what you KNOW!"[/color]
Zell was furious now, so furious that he'd forgotten Griever was in the room along with Ultimecia. But the GF didn't dare move. What it saw was confusing, and unlike anything it'd ever seen before. The little human was... [i]changing[/i]... Into another GF.
Zell dropped to all-fours, not even finding it remotely strange that his limbs were filling out, his elbows had changed direction with a wrenching [i]crack[/i], and that his hair was becoming more of a mane than usual, growing down his suddenly longer neck. Growling, Zeltinc approached Ultimecia, having completely forgotten Griever's presence in the room.
[color=orangered][i]I'm onto you Ganger,[/i][/color] Zeltinc growled, even the voice in his mind proving menacing. [color=orangered][i]Sorry I didn't catch on sooner, this must be really funny for you, right?[/color][/i]
Ultimecia had turned a disturbing shade of white under his glare. "G... Griever!"
Zeltinc snapped his gaze round sharply to the GF. [i][color=orangered]I dare you,[/i][/color] he muttered simply. Griever paused for a moment, torn between fear of his mistress, and fear of Zeltinc. Then, in an enormous gust of wind, the GF was gone.
That induced a slight smirk from Zeltinc, before he turned back to Ultimecia. But she too was already gone. He looked about for her, his gaze suddenly wild. But she seemed to have simply vanished. [color=orangered][i]So... where's Rinoa?![/i][/color] With a roar, Zeltinc let off a huge billow of fire in frustration, several edges catching light under the heat.
The heat seemed to build far too quickly. The light seemed to blind him... until that was all that existed in the world. Just light. No heat, no sound, for a few moments Zeltinc felt simply numb.
But it was Zell who finally broke through the light and opened his eyes.

~~~
[b]OOC:[/b] So... yeah O_o That has got to be the longest post I've ever written! *bounces* And I know I wasn't entirely accurate... I think there's like... five "parts" to Griever... but for the sake of your sanity I left them out ^____^;; And I'm not sure if Ultimecia's in Edea's form... but at least I can say there're no spoilers for anyone there ^_^;;

OoC: You'll forgive me for not knowing what My Final Heaven looks like. If BB wants to clue me in, I can edit that part. ^^
I tried to be fair and impartial for this last part, but everyone fell where they did, so...^^;;;
~~~~~~~~~
The Survivors traded glances, checking on each other. They nodded in unison, then took up battle stances and faced the fallen Anima.
In her place was Ganger in his true form. A shadow-black, bone-thin, humanoid creature, marked with a multitude of scales that reflected the light easily, like tiny mirrors. His eye were barely distinguishable, being only slightly brighter than the scales. Sickly black smoke hovered about his feet, floating out in tendrils that grasped at the floor.
"How [i]dare[/i] you!" he hissed at all of them. "You defied me in my conquest of this world!"
[color=orangered]"Damn straight,"[/color] Zell snapped back.
"You don't know who you are dealing with!" Ganger screamed, pointing a thin finger at them.
[color=crimson]"A demonic weaver of deception, a sadistic tamperer of memories, an unholy corrupter of fayths...Shall I continue?"[/color]
"You mock me!"
[color=teal]"You have tried to mock us!"[/color] Cecil bellowed back. [color=teal]"You sought to possess the Aeons, to destroy the world, to even break us--"[/color] He indicated Zell and Auron. [color=teal]"You failed, Ganger. You failed in every aspect."[/color]
"You haven't stopped me yet!" With a wave of his skeletal hands, Ganger sent a negative energy shockwave through the three of them. "I will dispose of you three, and then no one can stop me!"
The threesome were thrown against the walls, hitting them hard and sliding down. For a moment, Ganger thought he had won.
He was wrong.
[color=orangered]"We have the power of the Aeons and all the Survivors behind us, Ganger. You can't stop that."[/color] Zell stood up. He bunched his fists tightly, his blue eyes glittering dangerously.
[color=teal]"That, monster, is--[i]was[/i]--your final mistake."[/color] Cecil brought the Crystal Sword up, its blade shimmering with holy power, the color reflected in his light blue eyes.
[color=crimson]"In that knowledge, suffer...and [i]die![/i]"[/color] Auron gripped the handle of the Masamune with intense strength, his russet eye glaring death.
[i][b][color=crimson]"TORNADO!"[/color]
[color=teal]"LIGHT WAVE!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"MY FINAL HEAVEN!"[/color][/b][/i]
And in the blinding result of the combination of the most powerful attacks known to these three, Ganger was ripped asunder, shred from shred, screaming like a slaughtered pig and snapping bodily like a dry twig.
A single pyrefly rose, wailing softly, mournfully. For a moment, it hovered just above Ganger's limp body. The black fiend melted one final time into the stones, leaving behind an acrid smell. The pyrefly dropped low to the floor, its color waning. And then, it went out.
Auron raised an eyebrow. [color=crimson]"I have never seen a pyrefly do that before..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"RINOA!"[/color] As if it had just come back to him, Zell frantically searched the room. Just in front of him, a shimmer of light reflected once, then took form. Rinoa appeared, then collapsed into his arms gratefully.
[color=blue]"Oooo...I never want to do that again. It was horrible!"[/color]
Zell blushed madly. [color=orangered]"Hi, Rinoa!"[/color]
[color=blue]"Zell?"[/color] Rinoa pushed herself away, and stood up. [color=blue]"Auron, Cecil!"[/color]
Auron nodded, Cecil waved.
[color=blue]"You did it! You beat Ganger!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Was there any dou--OW! Hey, what was that for?!"[/color] Zell demanded of Auron.
The Crimson Warrior didn't respond, but merely crinkled his one eye in muted cheerfulness.
[color=teal]"We [i]did[/i] do it..didn't we? Hey, we defeated Ganger!"[/color]
Rinoa smiled widely and kissed both Cecil and Zell on their cheeks, contented to just hug Auron. [color=blue]"You sure did!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"About flipping time--it seemed like we were going on for weeks trying to kill that thing!"[/color]
"I'd have to agree!" a familiar voice bellowed.
[color=teal]"C[/color][color=crimson]I[/color][color=blue]D[/color][color=orangered]?"[/color]
"In the flesh, kids. Oh, and old guy."
Auron grunted.
"I never quite expected that little twist to turn up. That's all right--you saved the world unwittingly. Great job! Now what's say we go ahead and wrap this up?"
~~~~~~~~~
OoC: Of course they unwittingly saved the world through doing a task completely innocent and unrelated. That was so [i]not[/i] related to any RPG in any way. [/sarcasm] LOL.

[size=1]offgame: Sorry, the cursed LoveSan-worm hit my dear computie, and I haven't been able to access the net at home. But luckily Finnish libraries offer free web-usage! :D

Yes, now's the time for the final challenge, so please read this post throroughly! I swear in my name that all the answers are directly copied&pasted from your answers. Here we go...[/size]

Cid leads Auron, Cecil and Zell back onboard of the Ragnarok.

Cid: ?We are leaving shortly, so prepare yourselves.?
Auron: ?Where are we headed, if I may ask?
Cid: ?Oh, you?ll see...?

Ragnarok, the Red Lightning speeds across the nightly sky of Spira. But soon it begins to descend towards a bright light. The competitors gather in front of the front window.

Zell: ?Whoa! What is that place??
Cecil: ?Such bright lights... And so many people! It reminds me of Gold Saucer.?
Auron: ?It is Luca Stadium, where they play Blitzball. But it?s different now...?
Cid: ?Yep, cause I changed it! My Survivors, it is time for your Final Challenge, and it is held here, at the Luca Stadium!?

The airship lands on a stage built in the middle of the stadium, and it?s passengers step out, welcomed by overwhelming cheers from the masses of audience. Cid leads them to sit on three chairs which all have a large sphere placed in front of them. Then he walks to a stand and grabs a microphone.

Cid: ?People of Spira and beyond! May I have your attention, please? I want to welcome each and everybody of you to watch the thrilling Final Challenge of Final Fantastic Survivor!!! From the ten people who started this game only three remain, and after this event, two of them will move onto the last phase, where one of them will be nominated as the Most Final Fantastic Survivor!

But now, let me announce the competitors:
First, we have the easy-going martial artist [i]Zell[/i]!
Second, is the honored paladin [i]Cecil[/i]!
And third, I present you the legendary Crimson Warrior, [i]Auron[/i]!

Now, onto the rules: I will ask you ten questions and an extra one. The winner is simply the one with most right answers. But as this is the last challenge you?ll face in this competition, I expect the answers to be perfect, understood? Now, prepare yourselves, people, it is time for
[size=3][b][u]Who wants to be a Survivor?![/u][/b][/size]?

Cid turns to the three competitors. The spheres in front of them start to glow.

?Please use the spheres in front of you for giving the answer.
[b][u]First question:[/u] Name the parents of Aeris!?[/b]

The survivor-candidates ponder for a while, and then grab the spheres to give their answers.

?Are everybody ready? I?ll read your answers now.
*Zell: ?Professor Gast and Infalna.?
*Cecil: ?Aeris' parents' names are Ilfana and Prof. Gast?
*Auron: ?Her biological parents are Prof. Gast and Ifalno. Her adoptive mother is Elmyra.?

The correct answer is ?Professor Gast and Ifalna?. Everybody spelled Ifalna wrong, so no points!?

Zell: ?Huh?! It?s just one letter!?
Cid: ?But that one letter prevents the answer for being perfect. Onto the next question!
[b][u]Second Question:[/u] Who/What is the best Synthesizer, where do you find him/her/it?[/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?--PASS--?
*Cecil: ?Hades, who you find in Memoria?
*Auron: ?Hades! In Memoria, you go to the room under the ocean and walk around. When Quina starts to act like s/he can swim, Hades will warn you away. You keep talking to Hades to fight him, and then (after getting Pumice for him), he will synth.?

Cecil and Auron were both right.

[b][u]Third question:[/u] Name all the Guardian Forces and tell where you get them.
[/b]
Answers:
*Zell:
?Quezacotl, Shiva -- You start with them
Ifrit -- defeat Ifrit in the exam
Siren -- Draw from the monster after fighting Biggs and Wedge.
Brothers -- the Tomb Of The Unknown King.
Diablos -- the magic lamp
Carbuncle -- the statues that attack Rinoa at end of disc 1
Leviathan -- draw from NORG
Pandemona -- draw from Fuijin in the battle with Fuijin and Raijin.
Cerberus -- draw from Cerberus during the Galbadia Garden invasion.
Bahamut -- the island in lower left corner of the map
Tonberry -- fight the Tonberry King.
Cactuar -- something about a cactus teleporting around?
I KNOW there's more... gah... O_o?
*Cecil: ?-?
*Auron:
?Quezacotl-take the computer tutorial at Balamb
Shiva-take the computer tutorial at Balamb
Ifrit-fight in Fire Cavern
Siren-at Radio Tower (draw from Elnoyle)
Diablos-use magic lantern Cid gives you
Sacred-Tomb of the Unknown King
Minotaur-Tomb of the Unknown King
Carbunkle-Edea's Chamber (draw from Iguidons)
Leviathan-Balamb (draw from NORG)
Pandemona-Balamb City (draw from Fuujin)
Cerberus-Galbadia Garden
Alexander-Galbadia Garden (draw from Edea)
Doomtrain-must get several secret items, including Solomon's Ring
Bahamut-you must fight him to get him. (Light, Two Ruby Dragons, Bahamut)
Cactaur-Cactuar Island
King Tonberry-Centra Ruins (fight 20 Tonberrys)
Odin-Centra Ruins
Eden-Underwater Research Facility (draw from Ultima Weapon)?

Auron got all right. It?s 2 for Auron, 1 for Cecil and 0 for Zell

[b][u]Fourth question:[/u] How many times you encounter Ultimate Weapon and in which locations? [/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?--This isn't gonna be pretty??
*Cecil: ?You first fight it in Mideel, and then you fight it multiple times while chasing it in the Highwind. I'm pretty sure the number of times that you fight it while chasing it can vary, though. The locations are, over the pool where you first find it, Midgar, the Northern Crater, Mideel, Nibelheim, and Cosmo Canyon.?
*Auron: ?You can fight Ultimate WEAPON a maximum of 6 times (does not mean you have to, though). You first fight it at Mideel, then you fight it near Junon. Depending on how often you ram it (lol, that is so much fun!), you can fight it again at Mideel, at Nibelheim, Midgar, or Cosmo Canyon. Cosmo Canyon is required, for it is the final fight with Ultimate.?

Auron and Cecil both got it right. 3 for Auron, 2 for Cecil, and 0 for Zell.

[b][u]Fifth question:[/u] What are the first espers you receive in Zozo? [/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?--Blah...--?
*Cecil: ?Ramuh, Siren, Stray, Kirin?
*Auron: ?Ramuh, Stray, Siren, and Kirin.?

Again, Auron and Cecil both right. 4 for Auron, 3 for Cecil, 0 for Zell

[b][u]Sixth question:[/u] Name crests/sigils for each character, and how you get all of them. [/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?--More blah...--?
*Cecil: "-"
*Auron: ?TIDUS-Sun
Crest is in the room you fought Yunalesca at.
Sigil you get by racing the Chocobo Trainer and getting a 0:00 time.
YUNA-Moon
Crest is in a chest at Besaid Beach.
Sigil you get for defeating all of Belgimine's (sp?) Aeons.
AURON-Mars
Crest is on the Mi'ihen Highroad.
Sigil you recieve from the Arena owner after getting 1o kinds of monsters of 1o different species in 1o diffent areas (1oo monsters all together, NOT 1ooo!)
WAKKA-Jupiter
Crest is in a chest in the Auroch's locker room at Luca
Sigil you win as a prize in Blitzball (must have all of Wakka's Overdrives first)
KIMAHRI-Saturn
Crest--chest at Mt. Gagazet, between the columns
Sigil you get for winning the red/blue butterfly contests at Macalania Woods
RIKKU-Mercury
Crest is in a sand pit in Sanubia Desert.
Sigil is hidden in the Cactuar Village. You must complete the Cactuar MiniGame to get into the village.
LULU-Venus
Crest is in a chest at the Farplane
Sigil you recieve at the Thunder Plains Travel Agency, after dodging 2oo bolts.?

Auron right. 5 right for Auron, 3 for Cecil, 0 for Zell.

[b][u]Seventh question:[/u] Name the limit break group (not the different attacks, just the main name for them) for all characters, including the villains Edea, Seifer, Raijin and Fujin. [/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?Okay... I can do this one!
Squall - Renzokuken
Quistis - Blue Magic
Zell - Duel
Selphie - Slot
Rinoa - Combine
Irvine - Shot
Raijin & Fujin - Sai
Edea - Ice Strike
Seifer - Fire Cross?
*Auron: ?SQUALL-Renzokuken
RINOA-Combine
LAGUNA-Desperado
ZELL-Duel
IRVINE-Shot
SEIFER-Fire Cross
QUISTIS-Blue Magic
SELPHIE-Nunchaku
RAIJIN-Raijin Special
FUIJIN (?Fujin, ?Fuujin)-Sai
EDEA-Ice Break?

Correct answer is ?1.Squall- Renzokuken, 2.Rinoa- Combine, 3.Zell- Duel, 4.Quistis- Blue Magic, 5.Selphie- Slot, 6.Irvine- Shot, 7.Seifer- Fire Cross, 8.Laguna- Desperado, 9.Kiros- Blood Pain, 10.Ward- Heavy Anchor, 11.Edea- Ice Strike, 12.Fujin- Zan, 13.Raijin- Raijin Special?. No points!

[b][u]Eight question:[/u] Name the three potions which were supposed to turn Cid back to human, and who did you get each from? [/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?--PASS-- (NOT looking good O_o)?
*Cecil: ?The three potions are Unusual Potion, Strange Potion, and Beautiful Potion. You get the Unusual Potion from Cinna, you get the Strange Potion from that artist guy in Lindblum, and you get the Beautiful Potion from the girl in the Lindblum item shop.?
*Auron: ?Strange Potion-Michael
Unusual Potion-Cinna
Beautiful Potion-Alice?

Auron and Cecil both got right. 6 for Auron, 4 for Cecil, 0 for Zell.

[b][u]Nineth question:[/u] Name the eight Legendary Dragons. [/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?--GAAAAAAH!--?
*Cecil: ?Fire, Ice, Water, Earth, White, Black, Storm, Bone?
*Auron: ?Ice, Storm, Dirt, Red, White, Blue, Skull, and Gold.?

Auron got this right. 7 for Auron, 4 for Cecil, 0 for Zell

[b][u]Tenth question:[/u] Translate: Fru crymm feh dra Vehym Vyhdycdel Cinjejun luhdacd? Cdelg ynuiht yht veht uid!
[/b]
Answers:
*Zell: "Who shall win the Final Fantastic Survivor contest? Stick around and find out!" *sweatdrops*
*Auron: "Who shall win the Final Fantastic Survivor contest? Stick around and find out!"

Auron and Zell got this right. 8 for Auron, 4 for Cecil, 1 for Zell.

[b][u]Extra question:[/u] Name ten Final Fantasy games that had a character named Cid in it. [/b]
Answers:
*Zell: ?FF 2, FF 3, FF 4, FF 5, FF 6, FF 7, FF 8, FF 9, FF 10, FF Tactics?
*Cecil: ?FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FF Tactics?
*Auron: ?Final Fantasy, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX?

Zell and Cecil got this right! Cid (or me) didn?t appear in the first game of the series (trick question)!

[b][u]Total Scores:[/u][/b]
Zell: 2
Cecil: 4
Auron: 8

This means that [b]Auron[/b], you have won this final challenge!?

Thundering applauds from the crowds. But Auron seems gloomy.

Cid: ?Unfortunately your ?reward? is to choose which will follow you to the final voting: Cecil or Zell. The other one will be then evicted.

So, you can say it out loud. How will it be??

Auron gives an agonized look at his fellow competitors.

[size=1]offgame2: So, congrats, Ginny, you had the best knowledge, so you have the priviledge to choose either Des or BB to join you in the final voting. After your post, we will move to a completely another thread with a poll, but more about that later.

[i]Finally[/i] we can begin to wrap this up! Don't misunderstand, this has been a blast, but this has also lasted for nearly half an year! It'll be a miracle if this doesn't win the OB Award for the best RPG. ;) [/size]

OoC: *screams, tears her hair out, flops around in an angsty manner* I can't BELIEVE this--this is the ...second? or third?...gah, I have to choose AGAIN?!? *dies*
*pretends to make a big deal out of nitpicking over answers*
...groan...*pulls out a Barbados coin*
~~~~~~~~
Auron looked around at the enormous crowd. The masses watched him quietly, and he dropped his gaze to the familiar faces of Zell and Cecil.
[color=crimson]"I..."[/color]
Cid suddenly placed the microphone in front of Auron, amplifying his voice many times over and prompting cheers again from the crowd. Auron cleared his throat, away from the microphone, and glared slightly at Cid. The Al Bhed leader just grinned and indicated the microphone.
[color=crimson]"I don't give speeches."[/color] He waited for his words to stop echoing and thought about what he would say next. [color=crimson]"It has been an honor, a joy, to have survived this long, no less with my other two fellow Survivors."[/color] This time Auron had to wait for the cheering to die down before he could speak again.
[color=crimson]"For those of you who have been watching since April...we have had several cases where the leader had to vote a fellow Survivor off. It is never easy. And now, I am faced with the same choice again."[/color]
The crowd was quiet again. You could almost heard the waves outside the stadium.
[color=orangered]"Just hurry up--the suspense is [i]killing[/i] me!"[/color] Zell whispered to Cecil. Cecil elbowed him lightly.
[color=crimson]"In my mind, both Survivors you see behind me have been worthy of making it this far, and to force one to leave now..."[/color] Auron looked out over the crowd. [color=crimson]"I know many of you have labelled me as cold hearted, emotionless, and--"[/color]
"Just get ON with it already!" a lone voice yelled out of the crowd. In an instant, that cry spread across the crowd until it was defeaning. Even Zell was joining it.
[color=crimson]"All right, all RIGHT!"[/color] Auron bellowed into the microphone. [color=crimson]"So much for being honorable..."[/color]
[color=teal]"'I don't give speeches'. Pfft, I'd hate to see him [i]really[/i] give one, then."[/color] Zell stifled his laughter.
[color=crimson]"I have in my hand the Mars Sigil."[/color] Auron held up a coin-like object. [color=crimson]"On one side is the symbol, on the other is nothing."[/color] He turned to the other two. [color=crimson]"I will now ask my companions to choose a side."[/color]
[color=teal]"The unadorned side, please."[/color] [i][color=teal]The decoration will weigh the other side down.[/color][/i]
[color=orangered]"So I get the cool looking side? Works for me!"[/color]
Auron held his hand out and flipped the Sigil.

[color=orangered]"Ican'tlook, Ican'tlook!"[/color]
Cecil tried to see, but Auron was standing in the way, staring at the Sigil glimmering up at him. Impatient, Cid brushed past them all and shoved Auron to one side as he bent down to look.
"UNADORNED SIDE!!!" he roared into the microphone. The crowd burst into intense cheering. Auron and Cecil looked to Zell regretfully. The blonde had just peeped out behind his hands, looking like he wished he hadn't.
Auron clapped his shoulder. [color=crimson]"No hard feelings, right kid?"[/color] His eye was hidden behind his shades, unreadable.
Cecil threw an arm around Zell's shoulder. [color=teal]"You've been awesome, seriously."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Yeah..."[/color]
The three walked down off the platform, deafened by the cheers of the crowd. Many people congratulated Cecil and offered condolences to Zell.
Zell was still lost in his sorrowful defeat when he suddenly bumped into a brown haired girl. Her glasses slid down slightly and she pushed them back up her nose, gripping her vendor's tray.
"Hey, Zell! I think you did great! Wanna a free one?" She held up a familiar object.
[color=orangered]"HOTDOGS!"[/color] Zell screamed joyfully. [color=orangered]"You are my new best friend, Ms....Ms..."[/color]
"Aww, just call me BeeBee."
Auron and Cecil watched Zell happily walk away with BeeBee. Cecil was about to comment when he felt a tug at his sword.
[color=teal]"HEY!"[/color] Cecil grabbed the offending hand and yanked a brown haired boy into view. [color=teal]"Gaw, Auron, you're usually the one with the sword theft problems."[/color]
"I wasn't stealing! I was trying to see if it was really crystal, honest!"
Cecil drew his sword and swung it about in the light. He stopped it a few inches from the kid's nose, then grinned. [color=teal]"Convinced?"[/color]
The kid's eyes shone in belief and he nodded in awe. "I gotta ask--if you don't mind--what was it like coming to grips with your two selves--I mean--"
Auron shook his head and left the two chattering people alone.
Alone. That sounded good.
It wasn't going to happen, though.
The crowd was still surrounding the three Survivors, pressing forward in order to see or talk to them. Auron tried to step through the screeching crowd when--
"AURIE!"
[i][color=crimson]Oh fayths, now what?![/color][/i]
A golden auburn haired girl appeared as if from nowhere. The Crimson Warrior cringed in terror as she pounced forward, threw her arms around his collared neck, and (to the protest of numerous numerous people) kissed his scratchy cheek. Auron was so wide eyed his shades were about to slip off his nose.
"Good job today," she winked. Auron gaped.
"Who do you think you are, kissing on Auron?!" someone in the seething crowd demanded.
"I'm dra Kehho and don't you forget it!" she shot back. "I'll see you later, Auron!"

It was several hours before the crowds died down. Cid gathered Auron and Cecil together for the final vote. It was all downhill from here...
~~~~~~
OoC: BTW, yes, I really did use a coin, and yes, I'm going to miss you LOTS, BB. :bawl:
GTG, work time!

[b]OOC:[/b] *smiles* Well, Sage hasn't "officially" said I could post a goodbye post - but... MUWAHA! I shall do it anyway O_O!

It's been really great rping with you guys... not just Ginny and Des, but [i]anyone[/i] who's played in the rp who happens upon my "farewell" post. *sniffle* I'm not using the word "really" lightly either. I have been inspired over the last four months [i]exactly[/i] tomorrow (BIRTHDAY!! O_o no wait... birthdays are yearly... nevermind ~_~ *cackles*) when we started playing. Inspired to an amazing degree ^___^;; almost beyond belief.

I sound wordy... but yeah... just a quick last "quote":

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][i]What is she going to do when it comes time for us to be on our own?[/i] Auron wondered, somewhat fondly. He was already wondering who would make it that far...[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, now you know ^___^ - I'll be watching to see who'll win!

*cackles at her corny mush and bounces away* ^______^;;

[b]Edit:[/b] Awwwww wow!! @.@ I'm Beebee!! I'm so dense, I didn't realise the first time round!! ^_______^ *attack glomps Zell* :D

OoC: *noogies BB cheerfully, then sadly* I didn't want to get rid of either of you. Des was on this morning when I was writing the post, which is why Cecil got the unadorned side--Des chose the "tails" part of the Barbados coin and...*more exposition*

Anyways, yuppers, three special peoples made cameos in my last post. *grin* I can't believe this is almost over...it's been a part of my life for so long...*gag gag gag lol*

Once FF:S is over, I can start prepping up for the comic. Though it'd be just as easy to read, I know, but...hey, humor me. ^^; And I'm gonna sorta chibify/humorfy (Ginny made yet ANOTHER new word, lol!) the characters. It'll made it easier to draw, for one. ^^

And BB, I want to see you on AIM or Yahoo again sometime. :p

offgame: Thousands of thanks, BB, for joining the game!!!

Well, guys, I hope you all have enjoyed this game, because... [i]it's almost over now[/i]! It's time to say goodbye to this thread, and move to another, labelled "Final Fantastic Survivor: Down To Two!". See you there!

*puts a mental lock on the thread*

[i]Thread closed![/i]