OtakuBoards

<<<Final Fantastic Survivor>>>

Sandy

[color=teal]"I've tried everything. Peep, Sight, nothing works."[/color] Cecil looked between the two Fayths, trying to find any difference between them that might give a clue as to which was real.

[color=purple]"A stalemate,"[/color] Sephiroth remarked.

Zell looked smug. [color=orangered]"No great plan from you, eh?"[/color]

[color=crimson]"Zell,"[/color] Auron said in a calm and deliberate voice. [color=crimson]"This is neither the time, nor the place."[/color]

[i]"Will you hurry up and do something already?"[/i]

[i]"We can't wait here forever!"[/i]

The group stood staring at the two figures floating before them. The one was right; they couldn't stay here forever, and they would have to do something eventually.

[color=orangered]"I'm going to need a vacation after [i]this[/i] to recover!"[/color] Zell wailed, and was about to open the pouch when Cecil spoke up.

[color=teal]"Re...cover! That's it!"[/color] The others just looked at him blankly, wondering what he meant. [color=teal]"Auron..."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Yes?"[/color]

[color=teal]"...I want you to take a swing at both of them together."[/color]

[color=crimson]"What?!"[/color]

[color=teal]"Just trust me; I have a plan."[/color]

[color=crimson]"You can't be serious,"[/color] Auron said incredulously, blinking at the Paladin in disbelief with his good eye.

[color=teal]"I am,"[/color] Cecil said with a nod. [color=teal]"No harm will come to the Fayth, I can assure you of that."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Tell me what this plan of yours is first. I cannot risk the safety of the Fayth."[/color]

[color=purple]"Oh, for crying out loud,"[/color] Sephiroth sighed. [color=purple]"I'll do it myself."[/color] And so he swung the long blade of the Masamune in a wide arc that would cover both floating figures. Before it could reach them, however, a cry of pain ripped through the air.

[color=teal]"AAAGGHH!!!"[/color] Cecil yelled as the blade sliced into his arm, blocking its path to the Fayth. The Fayth that he was now standing in front of, protecting it with his body.

[color=orangered]"What the hell are you doing?!"[/color] Zell yelled at him, eyes wide as Sephiroth quickly withdrew the blade.

[color=teal]"This is the real one,"[/color] Cecil said from between gritted teeth. [color=teal]"The other is the fake!"[/color]

The group looked between Cecil and what was apparently the fake Fayth, as Cecil cast Cure2 to heal his arm. Again, Sephiroth was the first to act, swinging the Masamune once again, but this time only at one of the floating figures. Ganger quickly sunk down into the stones of the temple, but not before the Masamune sliced into it, leaving the room echoing with Ganger's shrill scream.

[color=crimson]"Are you mad?"[/color] Auron almost yelled at Cecil. [color=crimson]"How could you be sure?"[/color]

Still gritting his teeth as he watched the cut close, Cecil said, [color=teal]"Cover, one of my innate Paladin abilities. It causes me to protect allies from attack by taking the attack myself. Ganger is not an ally, so Cover would only work for the real Fayth."[/color]

[color=purple]"Quite an unorthodox method,"[/color] Sephiroth said cooly as he cleaned the Masamune's blade.

[i]"And I thank you for it,"[/i] the Fayth said.

Cecil bowed to the Fayth, and then gave it a quick salute with his sword. [color=teal]"This 'game' is really making me think on my toes. Glad to be of service."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Hmph,"[/color] said Auron, as he bowed himself. [color=crimson]"Some explanation [i]beforehand[/i] would have been appreciated, though."[/color]

[color=purple]"If he'd explained it beforehand,"[/color] Sephiroth broke in, [color=purple]"he would have alerted Ganger and spoiled the whole plan."[/color]

[color=teal]"Exactly,"[/color] Cecil agreed. He had always seemed to get along with Sephiroth, and now he realized why; great minds think alike.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i]Sephiroth re-sheathed the Masamune and turned to the others.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]"Well it looks like we solved that mystery, but I was wondering. Where is Zanarkand? If that's where that song I was playing earlier came from I'd like to see it."[/COLOR]

[i]Auron looked at the silver haired warrior with a look that got the message across, it was gone.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]"Oh, what happened to it and how long has it been in ruins?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]"It's been in ruins for 1,000 years."[/COLOR][i]Sephiroth looked a little defeated but headed back for the main entrance of the temple and went back to the piano.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]"Well, I honestly hope you three have more fun adventures and one of you wins this contest, even if it is you blondie."[/COLOR][i]Zell shot a look of rusty daggers at Sephiroth and walked back over to him.[/i]

[COLOR=orangered]"What was that you punk?! You wanna go?!"[/COLOR]
[i]With that Sephiroth stood up from the bench and glared down at Zell who practically slunk away.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]"Good Zell, you deserve a doggy treat hahahaha!!!!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]"Why I oughta!!!!!! LET ME AT HIM!!!"[/COLOR] [i]Screamed the blonde as Auron and Cecil dragged him out while he was fighting to get away and punch Sephiroth.[/i]

[COLOR=red]"Hmph, you had to go and make him mad didn't you?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]"Oh come on, who doesn't like torturing Zell???"[/COLOR][i]Sephiroth said as he sat back down to the piano and started up the tune again.[/i]

OoC: On to Remiem Temple and Zidane. After that, it is Baaj Temple and Rinoa, and after that it's...*sniffle, sob*...the [i]end[/i]. The end of Final Fantastic Survivor. (Or at least this part. Heh, gotta love overdramatic me. ^^)
~~~~~~~~~~
[color=teal]"That was relatively painless that time. I expected the Bahamut fayth to be more..."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Trouble than that?"[/color]
Cecil shrugged from his pilot's position. [color=teal]"Well, yeah."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Hey, don't complain. At least nothing's gone wrong lately."[/color]
They heard a muffled explosion, followed by a tremor that shook the entire airship. The control panel sprang to life, beeping and screeching like feeding time at the electronic zoo. Cecil glared at Zell, his furious countenance lit up by spazmatic flashes of neon light.
[color=teal]"You just [i]had[/i] to say it, didn't you?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Um, Cec?"[/color]
[color=teal]"WHAT?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Now would be a really good time to buckle up."[/color] So saying, Zell strapped himself into one of the other chairs. Auron was already gripping his chair in silence, his face unreadable.
[color=teal]"I'm not going down without a fight!"[/color] Cecil hollered. He belted himself in firmly, then struggled with the controls.
Before them, the gargantuan expanse of the grassy Calm Lands stretched before them, rimmed by the mountain range of Gagazet. Cecil desperately pulled the pilot's handles back, but the control panel only persisted in flashing and blipping. [color=teal]"BRACE FOR IMPACT!"[/color] Cecil screamed.

"Oo wee oo!"
Zell groaned. Something tickled his nose and he sneezed, sitting up.
"Oh, good, you're awake!"
[color=orangered]"Huh?"[/color] Zell rubbed his head, trying to remember what he had last been doing. He decided to concentrate on the present matter. A young lady stood over him, a large yellow Chocobo trilling happily behind her.
"Hi, I'm Sameesha, and this is Trilla. Say hi, Trilla!"
"Kweh!"
"I used one of her feathers to bring you around." Sameesha giggled. "Looks like it worked."
[color=orangered]"Yeah, thanks. Say, have you seen anyone else around?"[/color]
"Lemme guess--you were the guys who flew a little too close to that fiend nest over Mt. Gagazet?"
[color=orangered]"Was [i]that[/i] what happened?"[/color]
"Here, climb on. I'll take you to the other guys."

[color=teal]"Oh, thank...thank Sameesha,"[/color] Cecil say, trying to hide his concern. [color=teal]"I was beginning to think the next eviction would have been a snap to decide."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Har har har."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Cecil has a point. It would have made it less painful."[/color]
Zell crossed his arms. [color=orangered]"Were you not even concerned about my safety, my [i]life[/i] at all?"[/color]
Auron and Cecil traded glances. [color=crimson]"N[/color][color=teal]o,"[/color] they deadpanned together.
[color=orangered]"Groan."[/color]
"So what are you going to do about your airship? You can't just leave it there," Sameesha pointed out.
[color=teal]"Right. We'll see if Cid can fix it. In the meantime..."[/color] Cecil just remembered their primary objective and groaned. [color=teal]"Auron, how far to the next Temple?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"You actually have [i]some[/i] luck left. Remiem Temple is not far from here at all. We will just need to borrow some Chocobos. Ms. Sameesha, do you have two other birds?"[/color]
"Actually, I only have one. I can let you borrow Trilla and my other one, Samose, for free...but I'm afraid those are the only two I have. You could try to catch some of the wild ones running around, but no one wants to disturb them. Part of the natural habitat, you know."
[color=crimson]"Anotherwords, there is a law against catching them."[/color]
"Pretty much."
[color=orangered]"Great! One of us gets left behind!"[/color] Zell growled.
"Oh no, not at all--Trilla could easily carry two of you, and Samose could carry three, if need be."
Zell carried on like he hadn't heard her. [color=orangered]"Great! One of us has to share with someone else!"[/color]
[color=teal]"So who's it going to be?"[/color]
Auron was quiet until he saw Cecil staring at him. [color=crimson]"What are you looking at me for?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Well, you always seem to have the answers in these situatons."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Even if that were true, I don't have a solution here, other than to--"[/color]
[color=orangered]"I don't [i]wanna[/i] share a Chocobo!"[/color]

[color=orangered]"THIS IS [i]COMPLETELY[/i] UNFAIR!"[/color] Zell screamed at Auron and Cecil, each riding on their own Chocobo. [color=orangered]"I WON'T FORGET THIS!"[/color] Zell had gotten his wish; he wasn't sharing a Chocobo. However, he didn't have a Chocobo of his own, either. Instead, Auron and Cecil had tied him to the back of Cecil's Chocobo, his arms and legs bound together to avoid any flailing about, and were now dragging him along.... One foot above the ground, that is.

Auron chuckled. [color=crimson]"I have to admit, you are rather resourceful with that Float spell."[/color]

[color=teal]"It's too bad I don't know Mute, though,"[/color] Cecil said with a grin.

[color=crimson]"Yes, that would complete the arrangement."[/color]

[color=orangered]"YOU TWO ARE HORRIBLE!"[/color]

[center]~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/center]

Later, when the group finally reached the temple, another problem arose.

[color=teal]"So who's going to untie him?"[/color] Cecil asked.

[color=crimson]"I'm not going do it; you might as well ask me to uncage a Tonberry,"[/color] Auron said with a glance at Zell's rather angry expression.

[color=teal]"It was your idea."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Not entirely. You were as much a part of it as I was."[/color]

Then a familiar voice called from the entrace to the temple. [color=orange]"Hey guys!"[/color]

As Zidane approached, Cecil and Auron looked at each other with a grin. [color=teal]H[/color][color=crimson]e[/color][color=teal]y[/color] [color=crimson]Z[/color][color=teal]i[/color][color=crimson]d[/color][color=teal]a[/color][color=crimson]n[/color][color=teal]e[/color][color=crimson].[/color][color=teal].[/color][color=crimson].[/color][color=teal].[/color]

[center]~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/center]

[color=crimson]"Well [i]this[/i] is a fine mess,"[/color] Auron groaned.

[color=teal]"This wasn't exactly what I had in mind,"[/color] Cecil said while scratching the back of his head and grinning nervously.

[color=orange]"That's good to know,"[/color] Zidane said sullenly from his tied position on the ground next to Zell. The Float spell had long since worn off.

[color=orangered]"You see what I've had to deal with?"[/color] Zell looked just as angry, if not more so, than at the start of the trip.

[color=teal]"So...um..."[/color] Cecil was starting to look a little worried--they really did need to go check on the Fayth soon. [color=teal]"Got any ideas [i]this[/i] time, Auron?"[/color]

[b]OOC:[/b] Gah... I think I know which temple is the Remiem one... *cringes* Call me rusty!
~~~~
[color=orangered]"That WAS NOT FUNNY!!"[/color] fuming, Zell eventually managed to untagle himself after they had stopped in front of a large rope bridge. [color=orangered]"Have you guys got NO COMPASSION?!"[/color]

[color=orange]"Hello? I'm still uhh..."[/color]

The other three almost seemed to completely ignore Zidane. [color=teal]"What do you think Auron? Do we have compassion?"[/color]

[color=crimson]"I'm really not sure, Cecil."[/color] Smirking slightly, Auron made a big show of conidering the question.

[color=orangered]"You could've at least kept that float spell going! I mean GEEZ!!"[/color]

[color=orange]"Hey! I'm still tied up down here!!"[/color]

[color=orangered]"I mean, I know you both want to win, but there's such a thing as SPORTSMANSHIP!!"[/color]

[color=teal]"Hey... Zell's turning pink."[/color]

Chuckling, Auron also nodded. [color=crimson]"Suits him..."[/color]

[color=orangered]"Are you guys even LISTENING to me?! You're not listening to me!!"[/color]

It was Cecil's turn to smirk as he gently petted the Chocobo he was still holding. [color=teal]"We need to give him a coconut Auron."[/color]

[color=orangered]"Oh GEEZ!!"[/color] Groaning in frustration, Zell turned to Zidane, who was still wirggling in his bonds. [color=orangered]"Help me out here!"[/color]

[color=orange]"I'M STILL TIED UP YOU IDIOT!!"[/color]

There was a pause at Zidane's outburst, everyone looking more than a little shocked. Then Zell let off a nervous chuckle as he knelt to untie Zidane. [color=orangered]"Oh yeah... So you are..."[/color]

[color=teal]"So..."[/color] continued Cecil after a moment. [color=teal]"As I was saying... any ideas?"[/color]

[color=crimson]"Well, we are here. Might as well go into the Temple."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Over [i]that?[/i]"[/color]
Zidane peered toward where Zell was pointing; it was the rope bridge that led to the majestic Remiem Temple. The one problem? The bridge was spanned over an incredible drop. Poor Zell was changing from pink to a pale shade, his tattoo standing out starkly.
[color=orange]"Awh, there's nothing to it!"[/color] Zidane said. Before Auron or Cecil could stop him, Zidane was running up and down the crickety bridge, demonstrating his monkeyness by balancing on the ropes. Zell instantly fainted.
[color=teal]"We should've done that earlier,"[/color] Cecil remarked wryly.
[color=crimson]"Zidane, come down!"[/color]
[color=orange]"Are you kidding? This is the best--whoa...whoooooaaa!"[/color]
Auron groaned internally. [i]Everything that could go wrong,[/i] has[i] gone wrong.[/i]
[color=teal]"Zidane!"[/color] Cecil yelled. He ran toward the monkey tailed person and yelled in shock as Zidane fell over the edge. [color=teal]"ZIDAAAAAAAANE!"[/color]
[color=orange]"What?"[/color]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/fall.jpg[/img]
Zidane was hanging by his monkey tail, grinning at his (he thought) ingenuity. Cecil felt otherwise.
Angry, he knelt down to pick Zidane up; his knee hit the plank he was standing on a little too hard. Couple that with the fact that one of Zidane's daggers had already nicked one of the support ropes for that plank, and you can guess what happened.
[color=orange]"AUUUUURRRR[/color][color=teal][size=1]RRROOOoooonnn!"[/size][/color]
[color=crimson]"Hmmm?"[/color] Auron had been trying to wake Zell up; he casually looked up at the yell, noticing the half broken plank and the lack of both Paladin and chatty monkeytail. [color=crimson]"Oh. They have fallen into the endless abyss under the Remiem Temple."[/color]
Zell shifted and blinked back into conciousness. [color=orangered]"Mppf. You seem concerned."[/color] Zell remarked sarcastically.
[color=crimson]"Easiest eviction I've ever witnessed."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Auron!"[/color] Zell remonstrated.
The Crimson Warrior chuckled in his gruff manner. [color=crimson]"Given our rash of 'luck', or lack thereof, they should be fine."[/color]
[color=orangered]"But what about the fayth? Won't we need their help?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Given that there are three fayths to protect this time--"[/color]
[color=orangered]"THREE?!"[/color] Zell yelped.
Auron nodded. [color=crimson]"Remiem Temple and the Magus Sisters. Three of the most powerful Aeons ever to grace Spira."[/color]
[color=orangered]"And there's three of them?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Three of them."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"[i]Three?[/i]"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes!"[/color] Auron snapped. [color=crimson]"Now, in order to do our job, we need to cross that bridge."[/color]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/oops.jpg[/img]
Auron had barely taken one step when Zell gripped his ankle passionately, paling again. This caused Auron to trip and hit the ground hard. He brushed dirt from his coat and glared at Zell; the blonde was reminding him of another certain Al Bhed blonde.
[color=orangered]"There's no [i]way[/i] I'm crossing that bridge!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Fine. There just stay here and watch the world be destroyed by the corrupted Aeons because you were too scared to cross a bridge."[/color]
Zell whimpered and edged up to the start of the bridge, peering at the endless gap beneath them. [color=orangered]"I wonder how the guys are..."[/color]
~~~~~~~~~
OoC: If memory serves, the gap [i]does[/i] drop horrendously beneath Remiem Temple, but there is also a spiral Chocobo race platform directly beneath the Temple itself--the support pillars. I'm sure Cecil and Zidane will survive. ^_~
OoC2 EDIT: I just now added in that image--I can't help it, I just thought the image of Zidane and Cecil doing some sort of pop eyed double take and/or Zell gripping Auron's ankles was just funny! ^^;; Love you all, and forgive me! LOL!
OoC ANOTHER EDIT: Drew another pic. Just realized that that one (the very first one) is incorrect. Auron, not Cecil, freaked at Zidane, so oops on my part. You have to admit, these look pretty funny, for only 15 minutes apiece. *grin*
OOC YET ANOT--aw, forget it, heh: This is another quick doodle I did--this time during that famous scene in [url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/randj.jpg]"Romeo and Juliet"[/url], heh.

[color=seagreen]Right, seeing as I know absolutely nothing about FFX, I'm completely winging this post. Sorry if it's not at all accurate.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zidane groaned as he came to. [color=orange]"Am I dead?"[/color]

[color=teal]"If only,"[/color] Cecil coughed. It felt like a lung was going to come up, but thankfully, it didn't.

[color=orange]"Har har,"[/color] Zidane said as he slowly stood up. [color=orange]"You so deserved that, and you know it. Now make with the healing."[/color]

[color=teal]"Maybe I did,"[/color] Cecil admitted; they hadn't exactly given Zidane a warm welcome. [color=teal]"Bottoms up,"[/color] he said, and then drank the Ether all in one gulp. [color=teal]"Well, there went 10,000 Gil, but I think you'll agree it was worth it. Cure 2! Cure 2!"[/color] Casting the spell once on each of them, they suddenly felt much better for wear, though they still hobbled a little.

[color=orange]"Ethers cost 10,000 in your world?"[/color]

[color=teal]"Indeed. And I don't have many left, out of the ones I started with in this little 'game.' "[/color]

[color=orange]"You were right, though, I'll agree it was worth it. So where are we?"[/color]

Cecil pointed up, and Zidane's gaze followed. [color=teal]"Does that bridge [i]way[/i] up there look at all familiar?"[/color]

[color=orange]"Oh...yeah."[/color]

Cecil nodded. [color=teal]"I'd say you deserved it almost as much as I did."[/color]

[color=orange]"Hey, at least--"[/color]

[color=teal]"But,"[/color] Cecil cut him off, [color=teal]"Now is not the time to point fingers. We've got to find a way back up to the temple."[/color]

"You wish to reach the temple above?"

Both Cecil and Zidane spun around at the voice, startled. [color=orange]"Heck yeah,"[/color] Zidane said.

The old man, whom the voice had come, from raised an eyebrow at Zidane.

Elbowing Zidane in the side, Cecil said, [color=teal]"Yes, we do. Do you know a way up?"[/color]

"Heheh, indeed I do," the man said. "If you'll follow me...." And so they did, walking behind the old man into the shadow of the temple above.

[color=orange]"How can you see anything under here?"[/color] Zidane complained as he stubbed his toe for the second time.

"You may stop now. We have arrived." As he said this, hundreds upon hendreds of torches sprung to life all up along the temple's support pillars, illuminating the longest Chocobo track either survivor had ever seen. It started not ten feet from where they stood, and wound its way up between the pillars until it finally ended on a ledge near the entrance to the temple. Also nearby was a small Chocobo stable, with a small selection of racing Chocobos.

[color=orange]"Awesome,"[/color] Zidane said as he tried to follow the track up around the pillars with his eyes, eventually losing sight of the right path in the many twists and turns.

"Think you can beat me in a race?" the old man said. It was obviously more a challenge than a question.

OoC: I have abosutely no inspiration, but here goes.
BTW, it was never called the Remiem Canyon in the game, but for Zell's sake, heh heh heh...imagination and creative license go a long way. ^_____^
Cling cling cling...heh heh heh. *shoots grin at the one person that will get that joke* :D
~~~~~~~
Auron growled. Moved his left leg foward, draaaaagged his right leg behind his left. [color=crimson]"This would be easier if you didn't have a death grip on my ankle,"[/color] he groused at Zell.
The blonde cautiously peered up at him from the ground, then (idiotically) peered out at the abyssimal drop beneath them. Auron only sighed as Zell clutched his ankle even tighter, if that were possible.
[color=crimson]"Let go."[/color]
[color=orangered]"NO!"[/color]
Step, draaaaaaaaaag. [color=crimson]"Besides the obvious, why not?"[/color]
Zell's face was buried in the folds of Auron's coat, his voice muffled by the crimson fabric; he was trying to block out the sight of the Remiem Canyon. [color=orangered]"Logic says that we are good guys and we don't die. Therefore, falling off a bridge into [i]that down there[/i] would be bad--I wouldn't be a good guy any more."[/color]
[i][color=crimson]Logic?[/color][/i] Auron snorted mentally. Zell usually didn't prescribe to logic. The Crimson Warrior narrowed his eye at Zell. [color=crimson]"Do you mean to say you don't consider Cecil or Zidane heroes anymore because they fell off a bridge? That is just..."[/color] Step, draaaaaaaag. [color=crimson]"...incredibly ignorant."[/color]
The comment didn't bother Zell in the least. [color=orangered]"All right, then how about this? Me good guy, you good guy, us close like this means the good guy ness gets concentrated into small area, which makes us practically god like invincible. How's that?"[/color]
Step, draaaaaaag. [color=crimson]"Besides your lack of proper speaking skills? Stupid."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Geez, you're heartless."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Says the kid who's clinging to my ankle."[/color] Step, draaaag. [i][color=crimson]OK, this is getting old. My foot's going to be dislocated at this rate. Time to get Zell moving.[/color][/i] [color=crimson]"Zell."[/color]
Still muffled behind his coat: [color=orangered]"Yeah?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"How strong do you think the bridge is?"[/color]
Cling, cling, cling! Zell's voice escaped from his mouth shakily. [color=orangered]"Why?"[/color]
Step, draaaaaaaag. [color=crimson]"How much do you weigh?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"What kind of question is [i]that[/i]?"[/color] Zell shrieked.
[color=crimson]"Considering that we are in the middle of the bridge now and it's sagging dangerously, coupled with the fact that I'm probably about 180 pounds, give or take. And then there's you-how many hot dogs are weighing your butt down?"[/color]
Zell's face pulled itself from Auron's coat and the blonde glared at the older man darkly. [color=orangered]"Have I ever told you how rude you are?!"[/color]
Step, draaaaaaag. [color=crimson]"A few times, yes, but I'm trying to be practical here. You see--"[/color]
[i]SNAP![/i]
[color=orangered]"AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!"[/color] Zell sprang up and barreled bodily past Auron. The blonde already reached the end of the bridge (which was shaking precariously now) before Auron fully fell to the ground.
Zell didn't stop running until he slammed into the closed doors of Remiem Temple. Stunned, he reeled back from the tall decorated doors, and sat down on the steps, comically alternating between screaming in terror and crying in relief. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw the familiar black boots, stepping close to him.
Auron chuckled. [color=crimson]"Gotcha."[/color]
Zell paused in his hysterics and glanced at Auron, uttering the most intelligent response he could manage: [color=orangered]"Dowha?"[/color]
Auron held up a piece of broken plank. [color=crimson]"Before we crossed, I picked up this rotted piece of wood. I knew you would need some motivation, so with the right words and sound effect..."[/color] He trailed off and smirked, his russet eye twinkling in merriment.
[color=orangered]"Why you--you--!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Congratulations, Zell. You made it across."[/color]
[color=orangered]"But you--and I--the--ba--whoo...wha....heh?"[/color] Zell fainted clean away.
~~~~~~~~~
OoC: Whoa, another "wrote itself" posts, lol! :laugh:
And look--a few more crappy 15 minute doodles I did of FF:S. Makes me wonder how they'd look if I actually spent time on them. O_o
*[url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/froggy.jpg]Frog in Your Throat?[/url]
*[url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/frogsong.jpg]"Excuse me..."[/url]
*[url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/fuzzydevils.jpg]Fuzzy Devils aka Ginny's Favorite at the Moment[/url]
*[url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/crappycannonball.jpg]Crappy Cannonball Picture[/url]
ANOTHER OOC!: Lookit what I did this afternoon--the start of the FF:S Comic...if I plan to do it. :twitch: Anyways, they are only half done because I still need a few decent pics of Zell. Him, Rinoa, Squall, and Cecil are going to be the only buggers to draw, because I have no pics of them. Aw well...look at the WIPs anyway, heh.
I'd also have to get approval from everyone to copy their words down, and edit for spelling/grammar reasons. But I doubt anyone would mind...right...erhm, right? Heh.
*[url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/FFSZell.jpg]Zell shows up.[/url]
*[url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/FFSZidane.jpg]Zidane appears.[/url]

[b]OOC:[/b] YAY!! Ginny's an artistic genius!! *grins* As if we didn't know ;) *wanders off whistling* Yeah, you don't even have to ask for my approval Ginny, you already have it! As long as I get to see any finished products! ^_^;; *saves all the sketches*
~~~~~
After the wonderful "across the bridge" escapade, Zell didn't stay passed out for too long. The fact that Auron was occupying himself by stabbing his hefty blade inches from Zell's ears was really a kick starter - never knew if the next stab into the ground would take his ear clean off. Or worse... His hair...

[color=orangered]"Who-da-wha-da-ba?!"[/color]

Smirking slightly behind his collar, Auron took the blade and hefted it back over his shoulder. [color=crimson]"What was that?"[/color]

[color=orangered]"You are the [i]cruelest[/i] person I have EVER met!! What was with the snaping wood thing?! I nearly died!!"[/color]

Shaking his head slightly, Auron made for the door of the temple, and looked up at the thick, heavy doors. Absently he murmured, [color=crimson]"But you didn't..."[/color]

[color=orangered]"Yeah, but I [i]could have[/i]!!"[/color] Rubbing at his head, and still feeling slightly ill, Zell wandered over to stand behind Auron. Noticing he didn't try to go in, Zell continued. [color=orangered]"What's up?"[/color]

[color=crimson]"That's a question I'd like to ask Zidane... If they ever make it back up here..."[/color]

[color=orangered]"What'd'ya mean?"[/color]

Sighing, Auron took a step back from the door, and eyed Zell with a superior gaze. His words however, were not degrading - almost as though he took some form of pity on the blonde. [color=crimson]"We didn't meet any of the other survivors on the road... Why Zidane? Everyone else has been waiting for us in the temples. That coupled with the fact that,"[/color] Auron turned as he spoke, gripping the door handle in a hand and tugging at it defiantly. Nothing happened. [color=crimson]"That coupled with the fact that the doors are unmistakably locked... I'm not getting a good feeling about this..."[/color]

[color=orangered]"But you said there were three didn't you? Three... aeons?... I mean."[/color]

Auron didn't nod, but tipped his head in some slight resemblance of one. [color=crimson]"Yes, there are three. However..."[/color]

[color=orangered]"However?"[/color]

Auron paused, before spotting a dirt track towards one side of the temple. Sharply he turned to go down it, Zell not far behind him. [color=crimson]"I'm a little worried. Let's go find our "fallen heros" and then see [i]exactly[/i] what's going on..."[/color]

Ooo, FFS comic! Go ahead, use whatever you want from my posts. Just no taking quotes completely out of context. :cross:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three racers sat mounted on their Chocobos, standing ready at the starting line. [color=teal]"Remember, Zidane, only one of us has to win. Don't go pushing me off the track or anything."[/color]

[color=orange]"Yeah, yeah,"[/color] Zidane said in a rather cocky tone. [color=orange]"Just beat the old geezer, no problem."[/color]

[color=teal]"And it's all uphill, so don't tire out your Chocobo."[/color]

[color=orange]"Alright, I get it! Let's get on with the race already!"[/color]

"Heheh, alright then. When the stone lands, we race." The old man held up a small stone, showing it to Cecil and Zidane lined up beside him, before tossing it into the air. Tightening their grips on the straps, they waited for the stone to land. When it did, it exploded in great burst of light and with a loud bang, just behind the Chocobos.

[color=orange]"WOAH!"[/color] Zidane was jolted back as his Chocobo leapt from the starting line. Already their opponent had gotten the jump on them, in the ensuing confusion as Cecil and Zidane almost collided. [color=orange]"Foul play!"[/color] Zidane yelled, urging his Chocobo forward at top speed.

[color=teal][i]He wants to use tricks, huh?[/i][/color] Cecil was thinking as he raced along, straightening out just behind and a little to the left of Zidane's Chocobo. [color=teal][i]Lets see how he likes this trick![/i] "Haste, Haste!"[/color] Cecil cast the spell on each of their Chocobos, and immediately they sprung forward at double speed. Indeed, they actually had to slow down to make it around some of the sharper twists and turns.

[color=orange]"You're the best, Cecil!"[/color] Zidane laughed as he sped ever upwards. Though not golden, these Chocobos were no doubt close to the standards of one. They had to be, in order to make it all the way up the track.

[color=teal]"Don't get cocky!"[/color] Cecil yelled as they neared the old man. [color=teal][i]More cocky, that is,[/i][/color] he added in his mind.

Though they were taking full advantage of the effects of the Haste spells, they still seemed to be gaining ever so slowly on the old man. Then the torches flashed, relighting with blue flames, and everything suddenly got much harder. Now the track was lined with boulders and other obstacles, causing the survivors to have to weave back and forth on the track. Not only did this take more time than racing on a plain track, it also tired the Chocobos faster.

[center]-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --[/center]

[color=orangered]"Sure is dark down here,"[/color] Zell commented as he and Auron made their way down the dirt path.

Suddenly, Auron stopped his downward descent along the path. [color=crimson]"Shh,"[/color] he hissed, and motioned for Zell to be quiet. Down from below, the faint echos of a voice could be heard. [color=crimson]"Someone is down there,"[/color] he finally said in a whisper. [color=crimson]"It sounds like whoever it is is in pain."[/color]

[color=orangered]"It must be Cecil and Zidane!"[/color] Zell almost shouted, happy about the prospect of them still being alive after the long fall. Then it suddenly got a lot brighter, as torches all around them on the support pillars burst into flame. And, not too long after, a brighter flash of light flashing up from below followed by a bang and a faint vibration in the path.

Auron glared at Zell. [color=crimson]"Good job. Whatever is down there, it now seems to know about our presence."[/color]

OoC: OK...I [i]think[/i] I know where you all are going with this, but I'm not quite sure, so I'm winging it. *gets flash of inspiration* OOO! Hmmmm...ok, work with me here, BB--I know that Aeons were never known to do what I'm going to write here, but hey! *grin*
[quote][color=blue][b]Desbreko145:[/b][/color] You old. Not me.[/quote] LoL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cecil concentrated on the race, so much so that he almost missed seeing the random irridescent pyreflies flittering from Zidane's back.
[color=orange]"Faster! Faster!"[/color] the monkey tail cheered.
[color=teal]"Zidane!"[/color] the Paladin cried out in shock.
[color=orange]"Oh no you don't--I'm not losing to you!"[/color] Zidane urged his Chocobo on harder, just a few feet away from the old man.

Auron and Zell both froze, listening to the sounds. The torches still burned with blue flames about them, but the other bright flash had died down now. The only thing bothering Auron was the tremor in the path--it was getting stronger. So were the cries.
One drew his attention to the right, where several Chocobos were corralled. Most shied away, but one, oddly marked with red and black, stood still, kwehing at the two intruders.
[color=crimson]"A Chocobo with red and black markings? That's unusual..."[/color]
The Chocobo in question gave vent to a deep sounding WARK! and snapped. Auron stepped back and looked to Zell. [color=crimson]"Ideas?"[/color]
A familiar blue vest caught the blonde's eye. [color=orangered]"Auron, someone's in there!"[/color] Zell clamored into the pen, much to the terror of the Chocobos, who scrambled to get away from him. The odd Chocobo stomped its scaled foot and snorted. It spread its wings and hissed, daring Zell to get closer.

"Almost there!" the old man called back to the other two. "You boys couldn't beat me if you life depended on it!" [i]...heh heh heh...and they're about to...[/i]
[color=orange]"Not fair!"[/color] Zidane yelled. In one swift movement, he gripped his Chocobo by the neck instead of the reins, and, with a huge leap, they sailed right over the old man's mount, only to barrel into the Chocobo corral. Cecil and the old man brought their Chocobos to a halt just before the end of the track, watching as utter pandemonium reigned supreme in the corral.

[i]PECK![/i]
[color=orangered]"Ow."[/color]
[i]PECK![/i]
[color=orangered]"Ow!"[/color]
[i]PECK![/i]
[color=orangered]"[i]OW![/i] Quit it!"[/color]
The odd Chocobo warked and kicked at Zell, who was sprawled over the bird's large feet. The Chocobo Zidane rode in on was huddling with the rest of the Chocobos (who were now blocking Cecil and the old man's view), and Zidane slid off, trotting with ease toward the odd Chocobo and Zell.
[color=orangered]"Get back, Zidane! This bird's crazy!"[/color]
[i]"SAYS YOU!"[/i]
Zell got popeyed. [color=orangered]"Did that bird just speak?"[/color]
Zidane giggled and nodded. [color=orange]"She sure did. Sandy, back off--I think they're looking for that one."[/color] Zidane turned to point into the corral, and that's when Zell noticed that, not only were pyreflies hovering around Zidane, he also had a double pair of wasp wings.
Sandy sulked and nudged Zell not unkindly off her taloned foot. Zell was too busy staring at Zidane's wings to notice. [color=orangered]"Um, when did you get wings?"[/color]
Zidane giggled again. [color=orange]"I've always had them, silly."[/color]
[color=orangered]"And when did you start sounding so feminine?"[/color]
[i]"Let me step on him, sister, please!"[/i]
[color=orangered][i]"SISTER?!"[/i][/color]

Cecil tried in vain to peer over the Chocobos, with no luck; it didn't help that the old man beside him was having a sneezing fit.
"Damned pyreflies!" the geezer snorted, "I'm allergic to them!"
[color=teal]"ZELL! Dangit, AURON!"[/color]
Auron turned toward the voice, startled. [color=crimson]"Cecil! Is that you?"[/color]
[color=teal]"No, it's the Doppleganger,"[/color] Cecil replied sarcastically. The old man choked back a sudden cough. [color=teal]"Of [i]course[/i] it's me--can you see what's going on?!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Zell, what are you--Zidane!"[/color] Auron ignored Cecil's further calls as he climbed into the corral. Sandy spread her wings.
[i]"Oh no you don't, not another one!"[/i]
[i]"Sandy, they are here to take them all out, including this one. Zidane, right?"[/i] the winged Zidane asked, pulling a moaning Zidane into the middle of the corral.
Zell nodded in dumbfounded amazement and Auron bowed his head.
[color=crimson]"The fayths..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"What? You're kidding, right?"[/color]
[i]"'Fraid not,"[/i] the winged Zidane giggled.
Auron pointed to Sandy. [color=crimson]"You are Sandy, the Ladybug Sister. You,"[/color] he pointed to winged Zidane, [color=crimson]"are Mindy, the Wasp Sister. Where is Cindy, the Mantis Sister?"[/color]
[i]"She's inside, keeping an eye on our statue,"[/i] the winged Zidane, or Mindy now, replied, twirling a lock of golden hair. "[i]We got a little bored and came out to play. Except I think Cindy forgot to let us back in--the doors are locked now."[/i]
[color=teal]"Can someone clue me in--I still can't see anything! Hey!"[/color] Annoyed at being ignored, Cecil stepped off the track and the Chocobo, attempting to step into the corral. He was stopped by the ten foot canyon span from the track to the corral. [color=teal]"Pfft. Nothing a litle Float can't ha--HEY!"[/color]
The old man, still sneezing, had jumped on his back, piggyback style, then bounced off his back and dove into the corral.
"The fayths, the fayths, ha ha hee HA!"
~~~~~~~
OoC: Just to clue you in--both Mindy (Zidane clone) and Sandy (odd Chocobo) changed into tangible forms in order to go outside. I could keep writing, but I'm going to let you handle the rest. ^_^

[b]offgame:[/b] Wow, Ginny! You told me you were doing some 15 minute doodles, not planning an entire comic from this game! :smirk:

But sure, if you can turn 30 pages of text into one comic, I'll give you my blessing! :D

[b]Announcement:[/b] I've received all the answers to the final challenge, but I'll let you finish the Temple Tour before I post the actual challenge post. Put up your best, as this is your last chance to convince each other that you deserve a place in the final two, as well as convince the possible readers that you deserve to win this whole crap! :D

OoC: FINALLY! Someone finally frelling POSTED! LoL!
OoC2: I will need everyone's consent to edit the story for spelling/grammar purposes only, then turn the whole thing to a comic. If I can retain all the materials I have right now (pens, paper, computer, time), then it might be a year/two year project, but I'd need someone to be my color person.
~~~~~~~~~
The old man leapt at Sandy, who stomped her large scaled feet and spread her wings. She opened her mouth to hiss and the old man chuckled in sadistic glee.
"You're locked out of your temple and are trapped in mortal forms! You're [i]mine![/i]"
Sandy crouched down then lashed out with one large foot. It caught the old man in the stomach, knocking him backwards. [i]"Just try it, you copycat!"[/i]
[i]"Soul stealer!"[/i] little Mindy added bitterly.
"You first, then, my dear," the old man whispered darkly. He gripped Mindy's arm and she gasped in painful terror.
Auron took a step forward, russet eye wide in a mixture of emotions.
[i]"Back off or this being dies!"[/i]
[color=orangered]"PEEP PEEP PEEP!"[/color] Zell sang out desperately. [color=orangered]"Um..."[/color]
[color=teal]"Wrong one!"[/color] Cecil snapped. [color=teal]"Peep!"[/color] But nothing happened.
Mindy broke out of the old man's grasp; the guy slumped limply to the ground, then blinked as if just waking up. "Wha...what's going on?"
Mindy smiled nastily. She roundhouse kicked the frail man away and his head slammed into one of the corral's rocks with a sickening thud. A pyrefly wailed as it floated out of his body.
[color=crimson]"No!"[/color] Auron cried out.
Zidane moaned as he came back into conciousness. [color=orange]"What's going on--why's that guy surrounded by fireflies?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Pyreflies,"[/color] Auron answered dully, his eye flashing passionately. [color=crimson]"He's dead. And [i]you[/i]--"[/color] he pointed to Mindy, still in her partial Zidane body, her wings fluttering, her eyes taking on an unexpected menacingly glare, [color=crimson]"[i]Damn[/i] you, Doppleganger...People weren't supposed to die. This was only a game."[/color]
[i]"It [/i]was, [i]old man, but not any more."[/i] Mindy grinned and grabbed the still dazed Zidane by his scalp.
[color=orange]"I'm awake...I'm awake...OK, ow ow OW! I'm awake already!"[/color] Zidane twisted painfully under Mindy's grip, failing to break away.
Auron, Zell, and Cecil both took up stances, but Mindy shook her finger. [i]"I could easily crush his skull, you know."[/i]
[color=orange]"Whimper."[/color]
Sandy snarled but froze at one movement from Mindy's finger. [i]"Very nice...I have your power, Mindy. And what amazing powers they are..."[/i] She buffed her nails on her chest, the Sandy Chocobo a living statue next to her.
[color=teal]"You're still mortal--you said so yourself!"[/color]
Mindy tightened her grip on Zidane's head and he cried out in agony. [i]"So is your monkey friend here."[/i]
Auron swallowed hard, sweat beading his forehead. [color=crimson]"It's finally happened. Ganger's possessed an Aeon."[/color]
The three Survivors held their ground in helpless rage: Zell torn by Zidane's torture, Auron shamed that they had failed to protect a Magus Sister, and Cecil desperately trying to plan (without any solution forthcoming).
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/headache.jpg[/img]
[i]"It's the beginning of the end,"[/i] Mindy sneered. She tightened her grasp on Zidane and he scuffed the ground with his boots, trying to break free, tears of pain staining his round cheeks. He tried to grab for his dagger, but Mindy only strengthened her grip, and his hands automatically flew up to tear at her fist.
[i]"The end for all of you."[/i]
~~~~~~~~
BTW: Have we forgotten there are [i]three[/i] Sisters? BIG hint there. Write away, my friends! ^_~
EDIT OoC: Yup, just added another quick sketch. This one isn't as funny as the others, but rather more serious. Mindy looks odd because she is halfway between her Aeon form and her borrowed form, in this case, Zidane, plus Ganger's possessed her, so she's got some dark markings.

[color=teal][i]Stall for time,[/i][/color] Cecil thought. [color=teal][i]Cindy has to show up soon.[/i][/color] Lowering his sword, Cecil raised his other hand in a gesture of surrender. [color=teal]"All right, then. What are you going to do now, then? You've finally possesed an Aeon, but what are you going to do with it?"[/color]

"What do you think?" The voice sounded like Zidane's, Mindy's, and Ganger's voice all mixed together. "I'll take over the rest of the Aeons, and rule Spira with their magic!" Ganger punctuated this with another squeeze of Zidane's head, lifting him up off the ground so his feet were dangling.

Cecil winced, seeing the pain that Zidane was in. He muttered a Cure spell under his breath, casting it on Zidane without letting anyone else see. It was weaker this way, but he could see it helped anyway. Zidane wasn't squirming quite so much now.

Auron this time, having caught onto Cecil's plan. [color=crimson]"Surely you don't think you can take over all the Aeons with the power of just one?"[/color] And there she was, finally, slipping around the corner of the temple and sidling up behind Ganger; Cindy, the mantis sister.

Trying to keep their expressions blank as Ganger talked, the group prepared for the moment of action. "Hah, don't you see yet? With the power of one, I can--"

Then it all happened at once; Cindy struck with a blow to the possesed Mindy's left shoulder blade; Cecil cast Size on Zidane, causing him to slip from Ganger's now-loose grasp, and then casting the spell on him again shortly after to bring him back up to size; and Zell leapt forward, raining a barrage of quick punches on Ganger. All non-lethal hits, meant to incapacitate the opponent, and they did the trick. Ganger stumbled back, stunned for a moment.

"Sorry, little sister!" Sandy, transforming back into her normal form, pounced on Ganger with her mighty girth. This rendered Mindy completely unconscious, and the form of Ganger rose from her limp body.

"You haven't won yet!" he snarled. "The most powerful Aeon still remains!" And with that, he sunk through the ground and melted away down the temple's support pillars.

Running immediately to the unconscious form of Mindy, Cecil knelt down beside her and looked over her injuries. Nothing too bad, just some scrapes and bruises, mainly. A couple broken bones, but Cecil fixed these with a couple quick Cure spells. For now, she was sleeping peacefully. [color=teal]"Good, she's okay. It won't take too long for her to recover, I don't think."[/color]

[color=orange]"This is the worst headache I've had in my life!"[/color] Zidane cluntched at his head, moaning as he sat on the ground, and the group looked back to him.

[color=teal]"For that,"[/color] Cecil said while trying not to chuckle, [color=teal]"there's not much I can do. Most of the actual damage was healed by my other Cure spells."[/color]

[color=orange]"I don't think that quick size change exactly helped things, though."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Well,"[/color] Auron spoke up, [color=crimson]"Would you rather have gotten caught under Sandy when she pounced?"[/color]

Zidane looked up at the large ladybug sister, who grinned. [color=orange]"I, ah, uh...guess not,"[/color] he trailed off.

OoC: Beautiful as always, Des. ^_^ But why are you the only one Curing everyone? :therock: Auron can, too, you know. :p Zell could probably have half a mind too, as well. Ah, the noble knight. *giggles kindly*
I don't mean to pick on Cecil--I really don't! He just seems...pick-on-able today. ^___________^
~~~~~~~~
[i]"Oooohhh...."[/i] Mindy moaned as she sat up, rubbing her eyes. [i]"Huh?"[/i] She held her arms out and noticed the mutated outfit she had been wearing dissolved back into her normal Aeon form. [i]"Oh!"[/i] She looked to Sandy, startled to see her Sister in her Ladybug form. She then saw Cindy. [i]"Uh oh..."[/i]
The Mantis Sister tapped her foot, her arms crossed. [i]"Be lucky that I came when I did."[/i]
[color=teal]"Wait a minute--how can you be out here, instead of in the Temple?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"It's called a [i]door[/i], Cecil,"[/color] Auron pointed out. Zell stifled a chuckle.
[i]"I came out when I noticed my Sisters did not return. Be glad that I did,"[/i] she added, nodding to Zidane. The monkey boy's head was wrapped up in bandages, but he was none the worse for wear.
[color=teal]"I thought you could only be summoned to come out, or adopt human forms?"[/color]
[i]"You could say that I was summoned by my Sisters."[/i]
[color=teal]"But how is that--"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Why do you have to have an answer for everything?"[/color] Auron asked, exasperated.
Cecil made a face, then laughed. [color=teal]"One more question."[/color]
Auron sighed. [color=crimson]"What."[/color]
[color=teal]"How are we going to get our airship fixed?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Oh yeeeeeeeeeahh...."[/color] Zell mused.
"Not to worry, boys! I was busy while y'all were playing around out here." Cid called, running across the bridge. "Oh, whoa! Aeons! Um...hi."
The Magus Sisters nodded to him.
"The Ragnarok's all ready to go to the last Temple, Baaj."
[color=orangered]"Good, 'cause we still got a Ganger's arse to kick around,"[/color] Zell cheered, punching his fists in the air.
[i]"Kick him a good one for me,"[/i] Mindy piped up.
[i]"Mindy!"[/i] Cindy reprimanded her.
Sandy chuckled deeply. [i]"That's my little Sis."[/i]
"Well, shall we?"
[color=orangered]"Right!"[/color]
[color=teal]"Thanks for everything, ladies!"[/color]
[i]"No prob,"[/i] Sandy grinned, crossed her arms. [i]"Just make sure to get rid of that Ganger. More trouble than he's worth."[/i]
As the Survivors ran across the bridge, Mindy turned to Zidane, blushing. [i]"Sorry."[/i]
[color=orange]"Huh?"[/color]
[i]"Sorry I got you hurt."[/i]
[color=orange]"Hey, don't worry about it--it wasn't your fault!"[/color]
Mindy hugged his arm and giggled shyly. Zidane blushed in slight embarrassment, more so when Sandy burst out into hearty laughter.
[color=orange]"An Aeon with a crush? This is a first."[/color]
[i]"Actually..."[/i] Cindy corrected him, then shook her head. [i]"I have actually known of another, but that is a story for another day."[/i]

The Ragnarok gained altitude, then headed for the fog covered, dark island of the sunken Baaj Temple.

OoC: Well, I'm bringing this back up to attention and getting us through the Baaj Temple so we can hurry up and move on to the final challenge. Let's get started, then. :sweat:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zell dubiously peered out the windows of the airship. [color=orangered]"Is there supposed to be anything out there? All I see is a bunch of fog."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Oh, it's out there,"[/color] Auron assured him.
[color=orangered]"Sure looks creepy."[/color]
[color=teal]"OK, we're at the coordinates, Auron, now what?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"How low can we get without actually landing? I seriously doubt the ruins will be able to support the airship."[/color]
[color=teal]"Well, we'll find out in a minute."[/color]

Baaj Temple was a relic of a bygone age, and a crumbling one at that. The actual Temple itself was underwater; all around it, objects that used to be support pillars were now broken, fallen over, acting as walkways that led to the center where the Temple waited. Auron and Cecil were already on one of the many collapsing walkways; just above their heads, the airship hummed quietly as it hovered, Zell trying to get out.
[color=teal]"C'mon, Zell, just one foot, then the other."[/color]
Zell turned around, got on his stomach, and wiggled a foot down, trying to touch the walkway. [color=orangered]"You sure? Looks awfully old. This could break at any minute."[/color]
[color=teal]"Worrywart."[/color]
[color=crimson]"I am [i]not[/i] carrying you all the way to the Temple again,"[/color] Auron added.
Zell's blue eyes flew open, remembering that incident, and lost his grip for a second. He fell, unelegantly, on both his rear and the walkway and froze, half expecting it to break and him to fall into the ocean.
The walkway held, though.
Zell felt a surge of pride and jumped up, punching the air. [color=orangered]"HA!"[/color]
The stone beneath him began to crumble ever so slightly. Popeyed, he slowly, quietly moved away, following Cecil and Auron to the Temple.

[color=crimson]"Well, here we are."[/color]
[color=orangered]"We have to dive into the water?"[/color]
Auron fixed him with a look. [color=crimson]"Do you see any other way?"[/color] Their walkway, like all the others, ended at a deep watery pool. The Baaj Temple was barely discernable below.
Zell shivered and rubbed his arms. [color=orangered]"Looks cold."[/color]
Auron made a face in memory. [color=crimson]"It is."[/color]
[color=orangered]"You're not [i]helping[/i]!"[/color] Zell whined.
[color=crimson]"Tough,"[/color] the Crimson Warrior grunted back.
[color=teal]"Kids, I'm going to be in that water and talking to the fayth before you get done bickering,"[/color] Cecil announced.
[color=crimson]"Wait!"[/color] Auron stopped Cecil and picked a loose stone up. With a flick of his wrist, he tossed it into the water.
An enormous, twenty foot fish creature with tentacles and wing-like fippers tore through the pool and slashed at the stone invader; it shattered on contact. Patrolling for more enemies, the fiend--Geosgaeno--swam about.
Zell was wide eyed, and even Cecil was taken back by how close he came to getting caught unawares. Auron looked grim. [color=crimson]"I trust we all have StoneProof devices?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"I got plenty of Softs, though, why can't w-"[/color]
Auron pointed a finger to him. [color=crimson]"Petrification under water means instant death. Geosgaeno may be ignorant, but it has that much going for it; one hit from its petrify venom and you shatter beyond any hopes of repair."[/color]
[color=teal]"That's [i]stupid![/i]"[/color] Cecil protested.
Auron shrugged. [color=crimson]"That's Geosgaeno."[/color]
Zell peered at the fiend again, then stood up. [color=orangered]"Oh well can't get in bye bye!"[/color]
[color=teal]"Not so fast,"[/color] Cecil grinned. [color=teal]"We still have a Ganger to dispose of."[/color]
Zell sighed. [color=orangered]"It's never easy being a hero..."[/color]
~~~~~~
OoC EDIT: Image from an earlier scene--Ganger taking on Auron. I also have one in the scribbly works of Cecil vs. Ganger. Anyways, like always, these things only took 3o minutes, so don't laugh too hard. O_o;
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/gangerauron.jpg]Ganger Vs. Auron[/url]

[color=seagreen]Lol, stupid indeed. There is absolutely no logical reason that I can think of as to why you'd shatter, when you're solid stone, just because you're underwater. Still, I wouldn't have said it quite like Cecil did. (As you've already found out, from my previous rantings on that subject, heh).

But argh, I have the worst luck. Unless you two (three if Mei posts) can drag this temple out until Sunday, I won't be here for the results of the final challenge and all that. My parents are making me go on a camping trip with them from the 4th to the 9th, and I'll likely be too tired to post anything until the 10th (Sunday, a week from now).

So goodbye, and good luck to both of you with this last challenge. And if by some fluke I don't win ([i][/i];)[i][/i]), please don't vote me off just because I'm having to leave for a bit. I've been putting a lot of effort into this thing, and if it were up to me I wouldn't even be going on this trip.[/color]

[b]OOC:[/b] Yeah... I HATE that fish... but then I got stoneproof stuff *chortles* Fishy died... heh heh... O_o;;
~~~~
[color=crimson]"No... it's not."[/color] Auron paused before continuing. [color=crimson]"Although, it's not like you have to do it very often."[/color]
[color=orangered]"HEY!!!"[/color]
Cecil allowed himself a quiet smirk, before stepping up to the edge. [color=teal]"So... shall we?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Noooooooo..."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Zell!"[/color]
Zell made it obvious that he was sulking. [color=orangered]"Fine, fine... if you guys want to get us all killed, who am I to save us?"[/color]
Auron sighed in exasperation. [color=crimson]"What would you have us do then?"[/color]
Zell shrugged. [color=orangered]"Isn't there another way in?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"No."[/color]
There was a pause, during which Auron glared at Zell, and Zell glared at his own feet. Cecil rubbed the back of his neck with a sigh. [color=teal]"C'mon... if you come with us Zell, there's a third less chance of us getting eaten alive."[/color]
[color=orangered]"And a chance suddenly appears that says I will get eaten alive,"[/color] pointed out Zell sourly, moving to the edge of the pathway and looking down towards the fiend. [color=orangered]"My world,"[/color] he stated firmly, [color=orangered]"Is a heckuva lot safer than this one."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Perhaps..."[/color]
With a slight sigh of defeat, Zell turned to glance at Auron. [color=orangered]"Well... if we're going, then let's go."[/color]
With that, Zell stepped back a few paces before taking a step and jumping off the ledge into the dark, murky waters below, closely followed by Auron and Cecil.

OoC: YAAAAAY! *poings about uncontrollably* Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
Ahem...now to stall it out till Des gets back. Oh, and BB? I just got an inspiration on what the velvet pouch can do. I'll PM you in a while about that.
Yes, I'm being mean to my own character in this post. Why? Got me. :p This post doesn't feel the way all my other ones normally do. Am I making any sense...? :sweat: I apologize in advance if this isn't up to my usual writing standards.
~~~~~~~~~
Auron's head broke the water and he blew water from his mouth. He raised his hand to brush loose drops of moisture from his eye, but found his arm unusually heavy; his right coat arm was soaking up the water quickly, dragging him down slightly. Meanwhile, his tokkuri was unexpectedly bobbing at the surface of the water, giving the Crimson Warrior a tilted position.
~[i][color=orangered]"It's never easy being a hero..."[/color]
[color=crimson]"No... it's not." [/color][/i]~
Auron growled and slapped the water, trying to get leverage. He ended up splashing about in a circle and swore darkly under his breath, sodden and irritable.
More so when Geosgaeno shot out of the water just a foot from his hand.
[color=crimson]"Blessed [i]boat![/i]"[/color] the startled warrior bellowed, paddling desperately toward the crumbling perimeter stones. After all the talking he had done to the other two about StoneProof armor, it would only figure that he would have forgotten his own. Auron had just enough time to switch his Serene Bracer for the more effective Genji Bracer when Geosgaeno slashed at him. The grizzled man cringed for a moment, silently begging something, [i]anything[/i], that he had buckled it on in time.
[color=orangered]"Hey, old guy!"[/color] Cecil (who was staying afloat remarkably (or perhaps another use of the Float spell)) waved to him, Zell bobbing in the water behind the Paladin.
Auron almost sighed in relief, but covered it up with a gruff snarl. [color=crimson]"If you call me that [i]one more time--[/i]!"[/color] Auron stared into the water. [color=crimson]"Where is it?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Geosgaeno?"[/color] Cecil asked, shrugging, as Auron awkwardly swam toward Cecil and Zell. [color=teal]"I saw it when it went after you, but besides that..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"How could a two ton fish like [i]that[/i] disappear so fast?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Be on your guard..."[/color] Auron warned.
[color=orangered]"Yeah yeah yeah. Geez, don't you [i]ever[/i] take a break. 'Do this, don't do that, be on your guard, you're fat, you're stupid, you're ugly, stop hogging the hotdogs you scribbled-on glutton--'"[/color]
[color=crimson]"I never said half that stuff!"[/color] Auron had never felt so defensive of himself before--it was an odd sensation.
[color=orangered]"'You're fat'--that was the bridge at Remiem..."[/color]
[color=crimson]"I only said that in order to make you move."[/color]
[color=teal]"Guys..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"'You're stupid'--that whole bit about being SEEDs."[/color]
Grumbled: [color=crimson]"I still don't understand that, either..."[/color]
[color=teal]"Guys?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"'You're ugly'--comparing me to that one guy, Wakka, that was totally--"[/color]
[color=crimson]"That wasn't even [i]me![/i]"[/color] (Being defensive--an odd sensation indeed. Now Auron understood why Tidus was so whiny.)
[color=orangered]"As for the hotdogs--"[/color] Zell was pointing fingers now.
[color=crimson]"Why you dysfunctional, gravity-defying haired [i]punk--!![/i]"[/color] Auron was about to lose his temper.
[color=teal]"GUYS!"[/color] Cecil had to scream to make himself heard. While it caught the attention of the arguing pair, it also attracted something else--Sahagin fiends.
The fish weren't interested in fighting, however. They sped into the trio, trying to nip and bite. One was having trouble chomping on Cecil's armor and was about to switch to the Paladin's face, when the other Sahagins bolted from the scene. A watery roar caused the remaining Sahagin to let go of Cecil and try to flee, too. But it was too late.
The Sahagin had just enough time to dive between Zell and Cecil when Goesgaeno launched out of nowhere and sank its enormous maw around the fiend, the force of the water knocking the Survivors back a few feet. The smaller fiend shrilled in agony, its blood seeping out and creating a crimson mist underwater. The Survivors took this oppurtunity to slip away from the giant fiend while it was distracted.
With a final slash, Geosgaeno petrified the unforunate Sahagin. The stone statue lasted only for a split second, then shattered into minute pieces that littered the floor of the pool.
The trio were clinging to a set of crumbling pillars. Cecil looked grim; Zell was gasping for breath; Auron looked a little shaken.
[color=orangered]"How in the name of [i]anything[/i] are we going to get past that?!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Start looking for the door of the Temple."[/color]
[color=teal]"Before we do, I have a question: 'blessed boat'?"[/color]
Auron peered at Cecil over his shades. [color=crimson]"You'll forgive my obscenity."[/color]
[color=teal]"What obscenity? 'Blessed boat'?! Gaw..."[/color]
Auron was watching Geosgaeno as it prowled around the pool, unaware of the hidden Survivors. [color=crimson]"Something like that. I am ashamed to say I picked it up from Cid back in the first world."[/color]
Zell still looked skeptical. [color=orangered]"But Cid could care less about boats! His thing is ships! And 'blessed' is too big of a word; short words like 'holy' are more likely to...to..."[/color] Zell blinked wide eyed in sudden shock, then tried hard to stifle his laughter.
[color=crimson]"What?"[/color] Auron grated.
Zell motioned Cecil over and whispered in his ear. Even the Paladin could not suppress a good natured chuckle.
[color=crimson]"[i]What?![/i]"[/color] Auron was feeling defensive again, which meant he was showing his follies, which only made him more irritable.
[color=teal]"Don't worry, you can teach Auron how to swear proper like later. Or Cid. I'm sure Cid could."[/color]
Auron glared at his reflection in the water. This was getting embarrassing. And then--
[color=crimson]"The door!"[/color] he hissed, pointing to a structure hidden in algae about twenty feet below the surface of the water.
[color=teal]"Great. All we have to do now is to get past that Desbreko wannabe."[/color]
[color=orangered]"What's a Desbreko?"[/color]
~~~~~~~~~
OoC: It's a Zelda reference in honor of Des, that's what! ^^
And if you don't get the joke about 'blessed boat', then...um...too bad! Heh, I bet I'll be so embarrassed by this post when I come back to it in a week--gah, this post has been so weird...

[b]OOC:[/b] Got your PM and PMed you back ^_^ We've got a bit of creative genius in our Ginny haven't we? ^____^;;
~~~~
[color=teal]"So..."[/color] murmured Cecil after a pause, [color=teal]"Where is it?"[/color]
Zell, too, glanced around uneasily. The giant fish, Geosgaeno, had again disappeared underneath the water. Treading water, he turned full-circle, trying to figure out where it was. Water dripped quietly from the damp ceiling, making hollow plops against the surface of the water. Zell blinked as, looking up, a drip landing square between his eyes. Raising a hand to wipe it clear, he turned a glance towards Auron. [color=orangered]"Can you see anything?[/color]
Curtly, Auron replied, [color=crimson]"I'm not psychic..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"No... no you're not."[/color] Sighing, Zell turned his gaze away again. Everything remained quiet for a another good few minutes, until his legs were beginning to ache with treading water.
[color=teal]"Why don't we just make for the door? If it comes then it comes."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Oh, don't worry. It'll come."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Well, it's better than [i]waiting[/i] for it to come, right?"[/color]
Auron seemed to turn a glare on both of them. Obviously they didn't know [i]quite[/i] what they were dealing with. Geosgaeno was no mere goldfish - as they had already seen. But, on the other hand, they were right. There was nothing to be gained by just waiting, they were going to have to fight the fiend sooner or later. [color=crimson]"...and sooner would probably be best."[/color]
[color=orangered]"What?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Nothing... let's g-"[/color]
For a second, Auron and Cecil gaped in pure confusion as, with a yelp, Zell suddenly disappeared below the surface. Auron, however, was the first to recover. [color=crimson]"MOVE!"[/color] he bellowed, diving beneath the surface after Zell, Cecil quickly following.
Geosgaeno was a sneaky fish indeed, Zell decided. Only an exceptionaly sneaky fish would wait until they were talking before dragging him down by his leg. Desperately we wriggled for a few moments, flecks of blood passing through the water by him from where Geosgaeno's teeth had a solid grip on his leg.
Then, without warning, the big fish stopped, releasing Zell and flicking him forward through the water. Then, like some kind of demented vacuum cleaner, he sucked the blonde into his skeletal-type stomach.
~~~~
[b]OOC2:[/b] I soooo HATED that move... cos if you killed him like that everyone died... O.o And just curious can they breathe/talk underwater? I've never understood how they could... But for the purposes of the RP, is it a yay or nay vote?

OoC: I actually got corrected on this--they can't talk underwater or breathe for that matter. It turns out that Tidus, Rikku, and Wakka are just excelled in holding their breath for three minutes on end, so we'll say our guys can go for a minute, minute and half tops. *nods happily*
I'm trying to stall us out long enough so Des can participate in our little surprise I have planned. Bwa ha ha ha....:devil:
~~~~~~~
Zell quelled his urge to panic and instead focused his energy on kicking Geosgaeno from the inside. The monstrous fish roared and pushed itself out of the water, flying high (allowing Zell a chance to grab a breath of fresh air), then slamming back down into the pool. Water rained down where it had landed. Inside Geosgaeno's stomach, Zell was on his back, wide eyed and wide cheeked.
The other two Survivors were still hidden for the moment, Geosgaeno busy with Zell. Cecil turned to Auron. [color=teal]"Ideas?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Whatever we do needs to be done fast--Zell can't hold his breath forever."[/color]
[color=teal]"Well, we were going to do an all out attack sooner or later...might as well be now."[/color] Cecil was about to take a deep breath and dive under when he looked at Auron. [color=teal]"Our swords are too heavy to be much use underwater."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Lady Yuna and Lulu both taught me enough elemental spells to keep Geosgaeno at bay. However, since I'm still only a novice, as it were, it takes time to prep the spells."[/color]
[color=teal]"Got a back up plan?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Here."[/color] Auron pulled several different gems from his sleeve and dropped them into Cecil's open hands. [color=crimson]"Yellow is Lightning, blue is Water, white is Ice, red is Fire, black is negative energy, and silver is positive energy. Non elemental,"[/color] he added, to Cecil's confused look.
Cecil held a silver and a red together in his hands. [color=teal]"So I just smash them tog--"[/color] He was about to bring them together when Auron stayed his hand.
[color=crimson]"Save that for the fish fry,"[/color] he said gruffly, nodding to Geosgaeno.

Zell paddled to the top of Geosgaeno's stomach, hoping that the fish would open its mouth and he could slip out. No luck. And Zell needed some--he was running out of air. He punched at the bony rib prison that he was in, feeling a tight pressure locking around his head. He had to get rid of the air stuck in his lungs.
Just before Zell finally gave in, Geosgaeno lurched and screamed. Another lurch, another scream--and Zell realized that Cecil and Auron were using Thundaga on Geosgaeno.
[color=orangered][i]Magic? How are they....[/i][/color] Zell's head ached in protest against thinking and he swam furiously to slip out of Geosgaeno's mouth.
Another bolt struck Geosgaeno on the snout...and unfortunately, hit Zell's back as he slipped out of the monster's mouth. The blonde cried out in pain, the air whooshing out of him in a giant mess of bubbles; water was quick to replace the air and Zell knew he was drowning.

Cecil and Auron gestured for a few minutes; Auron swam up toward the sinking Zell while Cecil continued to slap gems together and throwing the elemental power at Geosgaeno.
At the surface of the water, Zell coughed and spat water. Auron winced and kept one arm around the blonde, using his free hand to wipe Zell's spit off his own face. [color=crimson]"Glad to see you're still with us,"[/color] he said. Zell could only nod, gasping in great quantities of air.
[color=crimson]"Geosgaeno is not giving up so easily. Looks like we need to find a new way in."[/color]
[color=orangered]"L-like...that...?"[/color] Zell gasped out, pointing below the surface to a small doorway hidden behind a pile of rumble.
[color=crimson]"That will work for now. We can regroup once we get out of the water. Take a deep breath and let's go get Cecil."[/color]
They both filled their lungs to compacity, then dived under. Cecil was on his last pair of gems and smashed them together, only to find they were Water Gems.
[i][color=teal]That's just greeeeeeeat...[/color][/i]
A Thundara tore into the giant fish, catching its attention. This was followed by another Thundara that hit the crumbling archway about it. The archway became a small rockslide, not enough to trap Geosgaeno, but to stun it for a moment.
Auron and Zell tugged at Cecil, pointing to the smaller door. He gestured to the large Temple door, looking puzzled. Geosgaeno growled as it shifted slightly, but remained where it was for the moment, still stunned. Cecil allowed himself to be tugged toward the smaller door.

Cecil gasped greatfully as his head broke the surface. [color=teal]"Air has never tasted so...so..."[/color]
Zell stuck his tongue out, as if to taste it. [color=orangered]"Stale, cold, and old?"[/color]
Auron pulled himself out of the water, helping the other two up. He then proceeded to wring his coat out.
The Survivors were now in a wide room, large enough to fit a house in. There were two doors, and there could have been more--if one of the walls hadn't collapsed inward, blocking any other exits with rubble. A second story was marked by stone railings, most crumbling like the rest of the area. Somewhere, water dripped in a maddening tattoo, explaining the dampness of the stones. Every breath the Survivors took was marked by a foggy cloud in front of their mouths.
[color=teal]"Hey, how come we didn't go to the Temple door?"[/color] Cecil asked, squeezing water from his hair.
[color=crimson]"It would have taken time to open the door. Time we didn't have. Geosgaeno would have been after us before we could have gotten it halfway open."[/color] He watched as Zell stood and shook himself bodily. [color=crimson]"At least we are out of the water here. We can plan better."[/color]
Zell jogged in place for a minute. [color=orangered]"Sure is cold. Hey, I'll go find some wood and we can make a fire while we think."[/color] So speaking, the blonde ran off to explore the small tower the Survivors had managed to get themselves into.
~~~~~
OoC: This is the area that Tidus was first chased to by Geosgaeno at the beginning of FFX, in case you are wondering.

[b]OOC:[/b] Stalling in the plan are we? Oh... and that picture is coooooool!! I'll probably tell you again this afternoon, but MY GOD!! @.@!! *cough cough* ^_^ I played the game again especially to figure what should happen next! Be proud! O_o *twitch*
~~~~~

His footsteps echoed through the vast building as he jogged through. His breath fogged in front of him as he picked a door and went into it, slowing to a walk as he peered into the gloom. Just because they were away from Geosgaeno didn't mean they were safe. He wasn't quite [i]that[/i] stupid (contrary to popular belief). [color=orangered]"Wood... wood... wood..."[/color] he mumbled to himself, rubbing at his upper arms. The rubble was damp and wet, over the years having accumulated slime as he walked past it.
It looked like there had been some sort of huge cave in. Craning his neck to the ceiling, Zell turned in a full circle, trying to get a full idea of the damage. But it didn't really matter anyway. The air above any holes were just as thick as the ceiling itself.
[i]This place felt strange...[/i]
He didn't know how to explain it... but something just felt... wrong somehow...
But, oh yeah! He was looking for wood!
Eventually he came across a [i]withered bouquet[/i] in a crumbling vase which was fixed to the wall. Smiling slightly with his success he pulled the bouquet out of the vase and tried to pat some of the dust off with a hand. However, he ended up patting more of the plant off than dust, so eventually he decided to just leave it be.
Then, behind him, there was a scuttling sound. He turned, trying to identify the source. But as he looked, it was gone. Puzzled, he leaned over the banister and saw Cecil and Auron sitting on the ground, apparently preparing battle strategies without him for the giant fish. [color=orangered]"Did you guys hear something?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Hear?"[/color]
Zell nodded, swinging his weight slightly on the banister. [color=orangered]"Yeah, like a scuttling sound?"[/color] Quickly, he jumped back as bits of the banister started to crumble underneath his hands.
Cecil shook his head. [color=teal]"We haven't heard anything."[/color]
[color=crimson]"But we should be careful."[/color] Auron glanced about, suddenly suspicious. [color=crimson]"Geosgaeno may not be the only thing guarding the temple..."[/color]
Zell sighed in mock-exasperation as he pushed himself off the banister, deciding to go look for something to "start" their fire. [color=orangered]"Forever the pessimist, hmm? Why can't you assume something's going to go [i]our[/i] way for a change?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Because I'm usually right..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Details, details!"[/color]

~~~
[b]OOC:[/b] I included the withered bouquet ^_^ *bounces around happily* I'm so proud!!

OoC: I swear, if this post gets eaten [i]one more time--!!![/i] And yes, I sorta crossed some games over here, but you have to admit, it had an interesting result. ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/klikk.jpg[/img]
Klikk hissed as it lunged at Zell from the shadows; the blonde was taken off guard and fell backwards, hitting the floor. His head dangled over the edge, in empty space; Klikk stood over him.
[color=crimson]"Like I just said--!"[/color] Auron snapped, more out of concern than anger.
[color=teal]"I'm on it,"[/color] Cecil promised as he jogged toward the rubble pile. A quick spoken word and he was hovering over the rocks, climbing without the danger of getting his feet caught.
Zell cried out in pain as the fiend slashed at him. Cecil was quick to join them and Klikk chittered, then jumped off the second floor and hit the first. Auron brought his sword up, but Klikk shot past him and dug its claws into a nearby column. In a minute, the fiend had climbed agilely into the shadows.
[color=teal]"Cure. Zell, are you ok?"[/color]
Zell fingered his torn jacket ruefully. [color=orangered]"I've had better days,"[/color] he sulked.
Cecil pulled him up, then stood at the edge and called out to Auron. [color=teal]"Do you see it?"[/color]
Auron motioned them to be silent. He held the Masamune out, his muscles tensed, waiting for his instincts to kick in.
Auron had just enough time to move his head when Klikk fell from the ceiling, raced past him, then rebounded to the second floor. It shrieked and sank its teeth into Cecil's unprotected neck, pulling him backwards. The pair tumbled down the rubble pile, Cecil taking the worst of it.
[color=orangered]"CECIL!"[/color]
The Paladin was badly bruised and blood stained his mouth. He tried to move his head, but groaned and laid back.
Klikk scuttled up the rubble pile to escape, but Zell charged toward it, his eyes blazing. The blonde halted at the rubble pile, unsure of how to climb down safely. Meanwhile, Klikk skittered downward, knocking some rocks down on Cecil's legs, trapping him.
With a jump, the fiend cleared the rock pile and began to move for an exit. Auron growled and swung his blade in a wide arch. Klikk easily dodged, but hissed sibilantly when the Crimson Warrior began to shoot fireballs at it. Klikk slunk back to the rubble pile, sat atop Cecil, then slashed at his arm in agitation. A dark crimson ribbon laced Cecil's arm now. He mumbled a few words, trying to heal himself, but it was a lot of effort. Too much. The celestial sparkle of life was weak. Cecil needed help.
Klikk chittered at the scent of blood, its nostrils flaring, its tongue licking the beads of Cecil's life blood caught between its teeth. It was about to slash at Cecil again when Auron, bellowing, charged at the fiend. Klikk easily dodged again and jumped to the middle of the giant room. It shrieked, angry at being deprived of a potential food source.
Auron glared back, then looked at Cecil. [color=crimson]"Hang in there."[/color]
[color=teal]"Yeah, yeah,"[/color] Cecil groaned back.
[color=crimson]"I wish Zell knew magic. That would be very useful right about now..."[/color] Auron continued to threaten Klikk with his sword in one hand, and used his other to cast Cura on Cecil. The Paladin was able to sit up easily now, catching Auron as he sagged a little.
[color=teal]"Hey, easy there, old guy. Magic takes a lot out of you, huh?"[/color]
Auron glared. [color=crimson]"I'll be fine,"[/color] he said curtly. [color=crimson]"Don't get yourself killed now, kid. I wasn't able to heal you completely."[/color]
Klikk screamed as it lashed at them, but Auron was ready.
[color=crimson]"Sentinel!"[/color] He glowed slighty and held his sword out, taking the brunt of Klikk's blow with very little pain. Then, as was the nature of the Masamune, Auron just [i]had[/i] to counterattack the fiend.
Cecil couldn't resist a kind chuckle. [color=teal]"Whoever said slow and steady..."[/color]
[color=crimson]"I'd like to see [i]you[/i] hit this thing--it's moving far too fast. Besides, you're still stuck."[/color]
[color=teal]"Well, then, move the rocks and let me--"[/color]
Auron fended off another slash from Klikk, his left shoulder left with a nasty gash. [color=crimson]"I am a little...[i]busy[/i],"[/color] he grated back.
[color=teal]"Zell, do something!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Aw, why? Looks like you guys are doing juuuust fine!"[/color]
Auron grunted as he took another hit and swung at Klikk, unsuccessful again. [color=crimson]"Then you come down here and take my place!"[/color]
Zell raised his hands defensively. [color=orangered]"Sorry. Got a low tolerance of pain. Looks like you could use a little speeding up, though."[/color]
[color=teal]"No problem there. Got an Ether?"[/color]
Zell patted his pockets, then paled. [color=orangered]"Oh, you're kidding...right?"[/color] he asked himself. [color=orangered]"Dangit, [i]now[/i] what do I do?"[/color]
[color=teal]"ZELL!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Just a miiiiiinute!"[/color] came the singsongy reply.
[color=crimson]"We don't [i]have[/i] a mi--nnhh!"[/color] Auron arched his back slightly, then rubbed his neck and shot a Look at Zell. [color=crimson]"Have you forgotten I am on your side?!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Chill. I'm just borrowing this spell for a minute."[/color] Zell held up a shimmering item and grinned. [color=orangered]"'Sides, Drawing doesn't hurt. Now if you'll allow me..."[/color] Zell made a motion and nearly shouted with glee: [color=orangered]"SLOW!"[/color]
~~~~~~
OoC: OK, I think I've gone on long enough. BB's turn. ^_^ And go Zell, saving the day!

[b]OOC:[/b] Okay... I apologise if my post is a little bland... I've spent all night writing for Otaku Idol, so yeah... forgive the blandness and we're fine ^_^;;
~~~~

And after Zell's amazing and rather surprising display...
...he managed to miss.
[color=crimson]"ZELL!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Gah! Give a guy a break!"[/color] Quickly, Zell came down the pile of rubble, several stones skittering from under his feet. Cecil leaned back as the blonde careened past him, showering stones at him. Klikk meanwhile, had sensed that Zell deserved a little more caution than he'd been given.
[color=crimson]"Zell, what're you [i]doing[/i]?!"[/color]
Quickly, Zell ran forward towards the huge fiend, trying to corner it. [color=orangered][i]As if cornering it would do any good..[/i][/color] he murmured mentally to himself. [color=orangered]"Just getting something!"[/color] he called in response to Auron's question.
[color=teal]"Zell?!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Just gimme two seconds!"[/color]
Kilkk was fast... Zell needed to make it stay still long enough to cast slow on it again. That was the plan. Yeah... "the plan..." What a time to have stupid, obscure little spells that did no damage!
Klikk inched further and further away from Zell, and only an idiot could tell it wasn't about to snap and attack him at any second. [color=crimson]"Zell!"[/color] bellowed Auron. [color=crimson]"Whatever you're planning on doing, do it now!"[/color]
No slows... no stops... no deaths... what did he have at his disposal? He was planning on drawing from Klikk, but apparently Spira monsters didn't have that many spells to draw. Which pretty much sucked...
[color=teal]"ZELL!"[/color]
Suddenly, as though triggered by Cecil's voice, Klikk had taken it upon himself to move, blasting past Zell and knocking him into the opposite wall. [color=orangered][i]Dumb bravery... Dumb dumb DUMB bravery![/i][/color] Savagely Zell berated himself as he threw out a hand, willing to draw anything to throw at Klikk or his own companions. Then, in glee his eyes widened. [color=orangered]"CONFUSE! YOU STUPID BUG!!"[/color]
Promptly... Klikk ran into a wall.
Well it wasn't stop, slow or death... or anything remotely useful... but it wasn't really sure what it was doing anymore... And that HAD to be a plus.

~~~~~
[b]OOC:[/b] Urrrrrrmmm O_o Yeah... It was mostly focused on Zell, and I apologise... O_o But Kilkk ran into a wall!! *sniggers* Muwahahaha O_O;; *eery pause* I'll stop that now ^_^;; *pets the post that wrote itself*