OtakuBoards

<<<Final Fantastic Survivor>>>

Sandy

OoC: Yes, I realize this is a double post, but the fact of the matter is that my previous one is so frelling long, it wouldn't be fair to y'all to make it even longer. This also brings the RPG back up to your attention.
Everyone better hurry! This challenge is wrapping up pretty soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Auron gave his traditional, all purpose, [color=crimson]"Hmph!"[/color] as he strode out of the Tomb of the Unknown King. [color=crimson]"[i]That[/i] was disappointing."[/color] In his sleeve rested his two newest cards, Sacred and Minotaur.
[quote][center][b]Got Sacred Card!
Got Minotaur Card![/b][/center][/quote]
Looking at the golden edged sky, Auron realized it was later than he anticipated and so he decided to head for Galbadia. More cards of all levels awaited him there, and people who were ready to lose them, too.
[color=crimson]"No, watch the confidence,"[/color] he muttered to himself with some amusement, [color=crimson]"you don't need another T-Rexaur incident."[/color]
Overhead, the wind whistled, flew down into the plains about him, brushed against his grey streaked head. Auron's large empty sleeve and bead strings flapped behind him as the wind tore off in the opposite direction. Then in the same direction, as it tore past Auron again, carrying his sleeve and beads in front of him. Patiently he trudged on, detecting how the air was getting cooler, the light dimmer--but he chalked this up to the oncoming night.
If he had but turned around, Auron would have seen the black, mountain like clouds piling upon each other in some sort of race to reach the top of the heavens first. As it was, he only had his eye on Galbadia, which was in sight, and he walked faster as the light seemed to disappear completely.

[color=crimson]"Hmmm, the Galbadia Garden. I wonder what I can find--"[/color]
"AUGH! The storm, it comes!"
Auron looked curiously at the person that ran past him screaming, then paused, pointed at the sky, and screamed again.
"The clouds pile high, like mountains with three peaks! AUGH!"
[color=crimson]"Excuse me--"[/color]
Lightning bolts dashed out of the lower regions of the clouds, prompting more screaming from the hysterical person. "AUGH! Like lightning are his large fangs! We will be struck down again!"
[color=crimson]"Ex[i]cuse[/i] me--"[/color]
"What god would sport with death like a dog?"
Auron was getting nowhere, and quite frustrated, too, so he grabbed the man by his shirt and began to holler: [color=crimson]"[i]EXCUSE ME--[/i]"[/color]
The loud clap of thunder drowned his voice out and provoked yet another scream from Mr. Hysterics. "AUGHH! His battle cry does break across my e--"
[i]Thump.[/i]
Auron wrung his right hand, grimacing.
"Hey!" a feminine voice called, "what d'ya punch Benny out for?"
Auron shrugged. [color=crimson]"Seemed like a good idea at the time?"[/color]
The young lady grinned, extended a hand. "Good answer, stranger. I've been wanting to wallop him for an hour now. Oh, by the way, I'm Meg." She nudged the unconcious Benny with a sandalled foot.
[color=crimson]"Auron. Does he always do this?"[/color]
"Every time there's a storm," Meg replied, smirking. Overhead, the sky lit up brightly for an instant, then went dark again as thunder rumbled loudly. "Gosh, this one sounds like a monster. Could you do me a favor and help bring him inside?"
Auron and Meg propped Benny between them and stepped into the Galbadia Garden; the wind was getting strong now and shoved them roughly through the door. Inside, they eased Benny onto a bench, and Auron watched as other students filtered in, not wanting to be caught in the storm. Another loud thunderclap, following by a heavy tattoo of falling rain. Meg grinned, smirking at the sopping wet students who had made it inside too late.
"Looks like Benny is wrong once again."
[color=crimson]"Yes, I'd like to ask about that--wrong about [i]what?[/i]"[/color]
Meg grinned again. "Well, Benny's been rather scarred in the head. A few years ago, Galbadia was attacked by a--" She paused as a flash of lightning lit up the lobby, blinding everyone for a moment. Earsplitting thunder filled the air, and Auron could feel the vibrations of the earth shaking beneath him. He blinked his eye for a moment, trying to get rid of the spots dancing in front of it; even when they faded, he saw it was still dark.
"Oh [i]dangit![/i]" Meg's voice complained next to him. "There went the power!"
There were a few startled shrieks, and Auron heard Meg laughing. "Bunch of babies, scared of the dark."
The Crimson Warrior's eye was adjusting to the dark and could make out Meg and Benny's dark silouettes.
Benny sat up, looked around, then pointed at the center of the lobby and opened his mouth wide. "AUUUUGHHH!!!"
"Oh [i]shimatta[/i], Benny, now wha..."
Meg's voice had tapered off sharply. Concerned, Auron snapped his head around to look in the direction Benny had pointed. Three large pairs of eyes were staring back at him.
[center][img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Survivor/cerberus.jpg[/img][/center]
"Cerberus! Cerberus!" Benny was screaming shrilly at the top of his voice. It carried well throughout the lobby and caused instant panic. Students fled every which way, and Cerberus snapped at them in warning.
[color=crimson]"Meg? Meg!"[/color]
Meg was backing up against the wall, gasping in terror. "Oh my gosh, it's real, it's really real..."
"Told ya," an arrogant Benny remarked. Auron punched him again and was already walking up to Cerberus before Benny hit the ground.
[color=crimson]"HEY!"[/color]
The three headed canine bellowed back with something between a lion's roar, a Doberman's bark, and thunder. The windows lit up with lightning again and the storm thundered at Cerberus in response.
Unimpressed, Auron held the Masamune out with both hands, pointing the double tipped blade at the monster. Whenever the windows lit up, it reflected off the sword, captivating Cerberus. The three heads watched Auron with keen interest, so much so that they followed the blade as he slowly moved it in a half circle.
The screams of terrified students were dying down--those that had not already fled farther into the building clung to the walls, like Meg.
[color=crimson]"Meg,"[/color] Auron called as loud as he dared, [color=crimson]"tell everyone not to panic, or to make any sudden moves or noises. I think I have Cerberus under control."[/color]
"Ok," Meg whispered to herself. She eased herself away from the wall, cautiously sliding along it to reach the other students. Meanwhile, Auron was still waving the glinting Masamune slowly in front of Cerberus, who was waving slowly in time with the blade. Cerberus crouched down, its six eyes half open.
Auron kept waving Masamune, wondering what he could possibly do. If he stopped, Cerberus might attack, and the lobby was not big enough for any kind of fight. There were far too many civilians around, as well--Auron didn't want to risk anyone getting stepped on or roasted, even if by accident.
Then he spied both his potential solution and massive complication--the rare Cerberus card was sticking out from between two of the monster's heads. Auron's mind wandered for a moment--if the cards were obtained when the monsters were defeated, then why was this one already in existence? Or could it possibly be that the cards were always there--they just needed to be relieved of their monstrous prisons?
[color=crimson]"The real question is,"[/color] Auron murmured quietly, [color=crimson]"will Cerberus the monster disappear if I take the card into my possession?"[/color]
The monster in question was stretched out luxuriously, its eyes barely open now. Auron carefully waved the Masamune and approached the three heads.
"Auron!" Meg hissed. She was halfway across the room from Benny's prone form, still talking to frightened students. Auron motioned at her silently, telling her not to worry. He reached a hand out toward the crease between two of the enormous heads, the card just in a few feet away.
A bright flash of lightning caught him off guard and Auron froze as his shadow cut black and sharp behind him, tiny next to Cerberus'. The thunder was almost instant and Auron held his breath.
Cerberus twitched an ear, but made no move.
"Au[i]ron![/i]" Meg hissed again, frantically. Her heart was racing incredibly fast. Auron motioned and reached out for the card again. Meg grimaced--[i]Crazy old coot, crazier 'n Benny[/i]--and held the hand of another female student; both watched Auron with frozen breath.
Too close to wave the sword now (not that he needed to), Auron put the Masamune on the ground, and gently placed one hand against the grey and red muscular neck of the right head. He propped himself against the neck as he strained his body to reach for the card. Once, twice, his fingers brushed the closest corner of the card, but failed to dislodge it. He grunted, sweat starting to bead on his forehead--this was far too close for comfort--and inched a step closer. Touched the card with his fingertips. Was about to get a firm grip on the card when--
"AAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!" (Guess who?)
Cerberus' three heads snapped up instantly, and with it, the card. Auron cursed under his breath and stumbled backwards as the triple set of fangs lunged at him. Auron felt the cool metal of the Masamune's handle beneath him and gripped it, brought it up. Snarling, Cerberus crouched low, then leapt high, straight through the lobby roof. Rain and wind fell in instantly, soaking everyone and everything, and Auron scowled.
[color=crimson]"[b][i]IDIOT![/i][/b]"[/color] he bellowed at Benny as he raced out the front doors.

Cerberus thunder-roared to the boiling clouds above, and the storm reacted by thundering back. The monster crouched low to leap into the clouds when it heard the red human shout at it.
The nearest head glared at Auron, the middle and right ones peeking out behind it. The blade, wet with rain and shining brighter than ever from the lightning, waved in arcs again, but Cerberus was ignoring it now. It snapped at Auron, warning him to stay back, but he kept running at it. Snarling, Cerberus threw back its middle head to howl, the other two heads joining it a moment later; all three keened to the storm, the wind whistling back just as eerily.
"Auron, come back inside!" Meg called from the Garden entrance. Auron ignored her. Above, the cloud boiled, then began to rotate in three circles.
"Auron, come on! Cerberus is calling tornados down!"
Still Auron didn't respond. Cerberus kept howling, bolts streaking about it, three tips of black clouds forming and moving downward.
Auron stood his ground and held the Masamune up as the tornados touched the ground and circled about Cerberus. The monstrous canine thunder-roared, taunting Auron to try something now.
Meg was no longer calling to him, but merely watching the spectacle. Behind her, the students from the lobby gathered.
"Crazy geezer's gonna get himself killed!" someone commented.
"I dunno, he looks pretty tough..."
"Auron," Meg mumbled, "get back here..."
"I told him," Benny started, "but noooooo--"
[i]Thump.[/i]
"Benny, shut up," Meg grimaced, wringing her right hand.
"Oh my gosh, look at that!" a student called. Meg returned her attention to Auron and Cerberus. "There's another tornado coming down!"
"It's not coming down, it's going up..."
"Weird, it's almost like that old guy's making it."
The students were buzzing with excitement now as they watched the new tornado grow larger. It intersected with Cerberus's three and the four merged into one gargantuan twister.
"Dang, what happens now?"
"Well, he can't make another one--it just got sucked up by Cerberus'."
"Yeah, he's dead for--"
Collective response: "WHOA!"
"Did you see that?!"
"Incredible!"
"I didn't know tornadoes were flammable."
"That one was."
Auron watched as Cerberus flailed within the fire tornado. With a small amount of panic, he remember the card again--the whole reason he had chased after Cerberus--and, with a deep breath, he threw his wet self into the tornado.
"AURON!"
"See? Dead guy."
Meg whirled around to punch the offender but froze as an incredible burst of fire light exploded behind her. There was a woeful thunder-roar, followed by three wailing howls. The massive tornado was melting back up into the clouds, and as the students peered out into the slacking storm, they could see a lone figure making his way back to the Garden.
"He made it!"
The students broke into loud cheering, which was accompanied by slaps on Auron's sodden back as he stepped (wet boots squishing) back into the lobby. All around him the students hooted, hollored, whistled, screamed with joy, and cheered. Meg followed Auron.
In all the hubbub, Auron simply walked over to Benny's prone form and nudged it with his foot. Benny was out cold. The Crimson Warrior turned to Meg, who flexed her arm and grinned.
[color=crimson]"Dang it, Meg, [i]I[/i] wanted to do that."[/color]
[quote][center][b]Got Cerberus Card![/b][/center][/quote]

OoC: You know what--it's Sage's B-day! And you know what? I'm not going to risk a triple post (bad me!) for his present. So somebody else [i]please[/i] post. =)
OoC2: Oh wait, duh! Just jump over to the site and you'll see it! (It's actually been up there for a few days now, so hee hee hee...)

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

offgame: I see that no more posts are on the way, so I'm closing this challenge. Take a guess who's the winner... ;)

After a day full of card-battles and frantic collecting, the survivor-candidates return to Fisherman's Horizon and Ragnarok, where headmaster Cid is waiting.

Cid: "Welcome back, contestants! I hope you enjoyed your game-filled day."
Rinoa: "I [i]never[/i] want to see another card in my life!!!"
Auron: "I found them somewhat challenging..."
Zell: "And I thought I was good at Triple Triad..."
Cecil: "---"

Cid: "How nice! Well, it is time to count your points. Everybody please put your cards down to this table."

[i]An hour later:[/i]

Cid: "Err, two plus seven plus... eh, one... plus three times five... make... one hundred and two?"

Cid looked at the contestants akwardly.

Zell: "Hey, you're the teacher here!"
Cid: "OH JUST FORGET IT!"

Cid throws all the cards to the floor.

Cid: "Stupid rules..."
Cecil *whispers to the others*: "Which he invented..."
Cid: "I HEARD THAT! Well, I've been following your advancing through the world, and one incident in Galbadia Garden amazed me the most. Thus, I announce that the winner of this challenge - and the new captain, and the one with the immunity - is Auron!"
Zell: "Unfair! You said the points mattered!"
Cid: "You can go ahead and count them, then."
Zell: "[i]And the winner is Auron![/i] Ehehee..."
Auron: "How suprisingly pleasant..."

Cid: "But you all know what comes next. There is just one more challenge to go, but only three of you can continue to that challenge. One of you will be evicted tonight, so let us move to the eviction-room."

Rinoa: "We have an eviction room now?"
Cid: "Well, it's the lounge, but I thought it would sound better that way..."

Headmaster Cid lead the four contestants out of the room, leaving hundreds of priceless cards lying on the floor. Unfortunately the window was left open...

offgame2: First of all, I want to stress that Ginny, you REALLY deserved to win this challenge, and I know all the others agree with me. I mean, [i]what a dedication[/i]! Be VERY proud of yourself, girl! :D

Then the bad news: you all have been fantastic, but one of you has to leave this game now. I know it's rough to leave the game at this point, but there can be only one winner. Meanwhile, please sent me the ordinary PM saying who you want evicted, but remember that as Ginny won this challenge, she is immune to any votes. ;)

(PS. Ginny, I'm sending you a PM about the birthday present, but I just want to say that [i]I love it![/i] Everybody, go check it out!

OoC: *squeals happily and falls over* Now I feel ridiculous for worrying! ^_~

Uh oh, I dunno who to vote out...oh boy...um...err...*reluctantly puts PM in*

And per Sage's request, here is the small version of his birthday present I made over the weekend. (The page for it is on the site, but....heh.)
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Survivor/b-day_small.jpg[/img]

([b]Life size, Full detail version[/b])
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Survivor/b-day.jpg[/url]

[color=green]

The four contestants sat down again to hear the results.

Cid: "I just wanted to say that you are all extremely talented to get to this point, but unfortunately one of you can't go any further. The 9th person voted out of Final Fantastic Survivor is: [b]Rinoa[/b]."

Rinoa: "Heh, I kind of knew this was going to happen. You boys just take this to the end, okay?"

Cid: "I'm sure they will. Now, it is time for you to go, Rinoa!"

Rinoa *waving from the door*: "Buh-bye! I lovew you all!"

Cid: "And there she goes..."

Rinoa *from the corridor*: "[i]I'll miss you all! See you at the reunion!!![/i]"

Cid: "JUST GO ALREADY!!! Oh my, I lost my temper again. But now it is only you three, Auron, Cecil and Zell, against each other. We will shortly move to our final destination, where the last challenge is held. After that, two of you will face each other in the final voting event, from which only one will come out as [b]The Most Final Fantastic Survivor![/b]"

The three contestants left look at each other nervously.[/color]

offgame: Mei, you can post one last goodbye post now. You really fought to stay in this game, girl, but unfortunately it seemed to be your time to go.

In general, I want to announce that this game will be in a quite long break, since we have this big festivity here in Finland called "Juhannus", meaning the Midsummer Fest. It is a time when all the people from the cities collect their kids and dogs and drive to their countryside-cottages to do some barbeque, fishing and swimming - oh yes, and drinking too. ;) I, too, will leave to such a trip with my family, and won't be back until Sunday. I hope you're all okay with this.

But until then... Bye!

Offgame: No drinking for Sage! *thwap* Dang, until Sunday? Sheeeesh, heh. Have fun!

*hugs Mei and bawls* Mweh....bye bye my dear. *looks sad*

Um, I'm going to be gone at Six Flags all day Tues, the 24th. Which is this upcoming Tuesday. So um...ah, dunno why I put that up there, but just thought I'd let you know.

[color=green]Hehe, I knew this was going to happen.^^() Mesa sorry I never posted, but I couldn't think of anything...AND I have been gone for the past week.Oo Anyways, time for my little goodbye post.

I've had SO much fun with this RPG, especially considering it's my first ever Forum RPG.^^() I've made so many new friends here, and I value all of you dearly. I'm glad I got to participate, and though it ends here for me, Ginny, Des, and BB, you all are still in the game, and need to keep on going.^~ Good luck! Thankyou.^^[/color]

OoC: Thank [i]you[/i], Mei. It's been a blast!
(Talk to me on AIM some more, please? I like talking with you.)

In other news, this is my 99th post in this RPG! I know, :wow:.

~~~
EDIT
OK, please, can we get going again? Please please please? I've been driving poor Des up the wall in our AIM convos, because every third line is "FF:S? FF:S? FF:S?" ^^;

offgame: Sorry, guys! :bluesweat I've ignored this game because of the lack of time I've had recently. (Can you imagine: lack of time in summer vacation? Bleh, what a lame excuse... :rolleyes: )

But I'm back to lead this game to it's end. [i]And[/i] I've made a cool banner as well! :D
ongame:
[color=teal]

Auron walked around the Ragnarok Lounge. Cecil, who was sitting in a chair, reading [i]Cid's Survival Guide To Survivors[/i], got annoyed.

Cecil: "Okay, what is it, old man?"
Auron: "I fear that... I'm bored."
Cecil: "Hmph, no wonder! We've spent too much time in this place. I think this smell of fish will never wear off!"

Suddenly Zell dashed to the room.

Zell: "Hey guys! Cid's coming this way!"

A minute later headmaster Cid entered the room, cleaning his glasses. He found all three contestants sitting in chairs, facing the door.

Cid: "Ah, I see you were expecting me."
Cecil: "You could say that..."
Cid: "Well, I have news for you: we are leaving this world behind, and head for the final destination in a matter of minutes. Would everybody kindly follow me to the control room?"
Auron: "Finally!"

Once again Ragnarok lifted up to the sky, and speeded into the wormhole that magically appeared to the sky. When the airship exited the tunnel, it's travellers saw a world of bright ocean, tropical island and swaying palmtrees.

Zell: "Whoa! I think I'm going to like this place!"
Cecil: "Impressive, I must say!"

Cid had gone through another transformation. Now he was a tall, bald, tough-looking man, wearing rather odd clothes.

Cid: "Hah, welcome to Spira, folks!"

Auron secretly wiped a tear from the corner of his eye.
Auron: "Back home again..."
[/color]
offgame: Sorry, but this was the best map I could find (it has no names, I know...): [url]http://www.uff9.net/ffx/world.shtml[/url]

Unfortunately the preparations for the final challenge are still unfinished, but feel free to explore this last world in this game. See you soon (maybe...)!

OoC: Oooo, I feel better now....^^
And I'm assuming you just put us at Besaid, what with the tropical stuff.
As for how Cecil wants to dress at the beach, that's his call--read on. :)
POST 100! WHOO! /________^
~~~~~
[color=crimson]"Besaid..."[/color] Auron allowed himself a sad smile.
[color=orangered]"GorGEOUS!"[/color] Zell cheered, running down the ramp. [color=orangered]"Ooooo, feel the sun!"[/color]
Auron stood at the entrance of the ramp as Cecil walked past him. Cecil, too, revelled in the sun, grinning. [color=teal]"Coming, old man?"[/color]
Auron narrowed his one eye. [color=crimson]"How many times are you going to use that joke?"[/color]
[color=teal]"As many as it takes,"[/color] replied the Paladin, still grinning.
[color=orangered]"C'mon, c'mon, c'MON!"[/color] Zell hollered, splashing in the surf. [color=orangered]"The water feels gr--AUGH!"[/color]
Cecil and Auron looked startled as Zell disappeared beneath the water. Then he bobbed up again, his blonde hair plastered to his scalp; there were a few tan men floating around him, laughing.
Cecil squinted at the group. [color=teal]"Does Zell have a twin? Or is bad hair a fashion statement that I don't know about?"[/color]
Auron peered to the one he was talking about and chuckled gruffly.
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Survivor/wakka.jpg[/img]
[color=crimson]"Ah, that is Wakka. And before you ask, no, I do not know how he keeps his hair like that even after being in the ocean. The others are his old Blitzball team, the Besaid Aurochs."[/color]
"'ey, Sir Auron!" Wakka called.
[color=teal]"[i]Sir?[/i]"[/color]
Auron smiled at Cecil, his russet eye twinkling with hidden knowledge. [color=crimson]"Modesty forbids, but Spira regards me as a Legendary Guardian."[/color]
[color=teal]"Greeeeeeeeat, I am with a celebrity..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Guuuys!"[/color] Zell hollered from the water, [color=orangered]"C'MON already!"[/color]
"Yeah!" the Aurochs called.
[color=teal]"You're gonna go down there in all that?"[/color] Cecil asked, indicating Auron's garments.
[color=crimson]"Hmph, are you?"[/color] The Crimson Warrior was already shedding his red coat and collar, lying his sake bottle atop it and wandering down to the shoreline.
"Whoaaa..." Wakka gaped. Behind him, the Aurochs bowed respectfully. Zell was confused, both by the Aurochs' action and Auron's coatlessness.
Sitting on the beach, the older man took them all in at a glance. [color=crimson]"What?"[/color]
"I...uh..." Wakka rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed. "I've jis' nedda seen you wi'out ya coat, Sir Auron."
[color=orangered]"Whoa whoa whoa, [i]Sir[/i] Auron? Dang, so I [i]wasn't[/i] hearing things."[/color]
Auron groaned; Cecil laughed.
[color=teal]"That's right, Zell--the old guy's famous here."[/color]
Zell whined and let himself fall backwards onto the water; he sat up again after a moment. [color=orangered]"That's just greeeeeat."[/color]
[color=teal]"That's what I said."[/color]
Auron massaged his forehead with his right hand, his long ponytail dangling to one side.
"'ey, be respectful, ya?" Wakka laughed and slapped a hand against the water's surface, spraying Zell and soaking him. Zell fell over again, choking; the Aurochs helped him up, lost in laughter themselves. Pretty soon, Wakka and the Aurochs were in the middle of a water "fight", splashing every which way. Zell soon caught on, playing for all he was worth--and made a bit of a mistake when he splashed Cecil.
Even Auron chuckled as Cecil gaped, his face dripping. With a pseudo war cry, he plunged in; the fight reached an new level of intensity as everyone (minus the Crimson Warrior) duck and wove in the water, splashing, dunking, and cheering. A few of the village children wandered in, and they too were instantly absorbed into the fun.
Cecil and Zell broke off for a moment to converse secretly. They grinned in a conspiring manner, and turned to the figure on the beach.
[color=teal]"H[/color][color=orangered]e[/color][color=teal]y,[/color] [color=orangered]S[/color][color=teal]i[/color][color=orangered]r[/color] [color=teal]A[/color][color=orangered]u[/color][color=teal]r[/color][color=orangered]o[/color][color=teal]n!"[/color]
The timing was perfect. Auron was turning just as they combined both their sprays of water at him. He was soaked instantly.
Wakka gasped audibly and everyone froze, staring at Auron. He was motionless, staring with an indecipherable stare at no one in particular. Water was running in shining rivers down his body, dripping from his glasses, and plastering his hair to his forehead, causing the white parts to go every which way.
Wakka nervously inched over to Zell's side, then whapped the back of his head. "You idiot!"
[color=orangered]"Whaaaat? What did I do?"[/color]
Auron cleared his throat and stood up, wringing his ponytail out. Everyone watched him warily, and a few of the Aurochs backed up. Auron calmly removed his glasses, and stared directly at Cecil and Zell; the look was so intense, Zell crouched a little in the water, shrugging slightly.
[color=orangered]"Oops?"[/color]
The Crimson Warrior instantly broke into a mad dash, roaring as he did. At the edge of the water, he leapt and landed with a explosion of water, soaking everyone around him completely. The children cheered loudly and clustered around him as he resurfaced; the Aurochs began to laugh as the tension wore off, and even Wakka was throwing his head back, lauging loudly.
Cecil and Zell traded glances, water dripping off them in large drops. It was only the work of a moment for the water fight to resume.
Lulu was stepping down to the beach, carrying a large tray, when she spotted the group.
"Wakka, I--SIR AURON!" The tray thumped against the sand, and everyone turned to look at Lulu, who was gaping at the unbelievable scene before her.
[color=crimson]"Yes?"[/color] a dripping Auron asked in a dead serious tone.
~~~~~
OoC2: No, you don't have to refer to Auron as Sir Auron while in Spira unless you want to. It's just his respectful title--long FFX story.

[color=indigo]Ahh. . . . The break was nice, but it feels good to be back. Gave me time to replenish my creative juices. :toothy:[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lulu remained speechless as she stared at the figures in the water. Finally, to break the silence, Cecil jumped forward and tackled Auron from behind, sending them both underwater amid much thrashing. As the two came back up, everyone was laughing, Cecil included. Auron just glared at him for a moment, and then returned the favor with a tackle of his own, catching Cecil off guard. Again they both plunged beneath the surface amid much splashing and kicking. It took a while for them to come back up this time, and when they finally did, both were caughing, sputtering, and gasping for air.

[color=teal]"Alright,"[/color] coughed Cecil, [color=teal]"you can give as good as you get."[/color] His scraggly white-blue hair was plastered down around his head, looking almost like a large jellyfish had attached itself to his head.

[color=crimson]"Yes, and you'd best remember it,"[/color] Auron commented with with wry grin.

[color=teal]"There is one thing I can do that you can't, though,"[/color] Cecil remarked as he returned the grin.

[color=crimson]"Oh?"[/color]

[color=teal]"Watch."[/color] Cecil pointed down at the water. [color=teal]"Float!"[/color] Up from the water, Cecil rose to the surface until he was was seemingly standing on its surface. [color=teal]"I can walk on water!"[/color]

Zell stared as Cecil walked about. [color=orangered]"How many uses do you [i]have[/i] for that spell!"[/color]

[color=crimson]"Too many for his own good,"[/color] Auron said as he grabbed Cecil's legs and pulled him underwater as he walked by. The Crimson Warrior then sat on his back, the float spell keeping him above the surface while Cecil was face down in the water.

Some muffled gurgling was heard from Cecil as he thrashed about, finally throwing Auron off his back as he flipped over, before returning to an upright position in the water with the Float spell having worn off. Now it was Cecil's turn to glare. [color=teal]"And here I was thinking you were some courteous knight, [i]Sir[/i] Auron."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Like you're one to talk, mister Paladin,"[/color] Auron shot back.

[color=teal]"That was just plain rude, though."[/color]

[color=crimson]"And tackling someone from behind isn't?"[/color]

[color=teal]"Less so that yanking someone underwater and using them as a water float, yes."[/color]

[color=orangered]"Hey, guys, cool it!"[/color] Zell yelled at the two. Silence, as Cecil and Auron looked at him. They glanced back at each other; back at Zell. Then they both tackled him together. [color=orangered]"AAAGGHHMMPPHHH!"[/color]

OoC: Now, [i]technically,[/i] Auron always plays fair to the point of being a stick-in-the-mud, but then I'm guessing Cecil is supposed to be a nice guy, too. :p :D Heh, just teasing you, Des.
~~~~~~~
The three finally struggled up on the beach, dripping, gasping, but thoroughly enjoying themselves. Lulu was still in a state of shock, her hands to her pale face. It was a little difficult to believe that Auron was here and [i]playing[/i], of all things.
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Survivor/lulu.jpg[/img]
"Sir Auron, you never told me that you were--"
[color=crimson]"Lulu,"[/color] Auron grumbled kindly, [color=crimson]"please...the formality? It's not needed."[/color]
"But Sir Auron--!" Wakka protested.
Auron cleared his throat warningly. [color=crimson]"Wakka..."[/color]
The redhead sighed. "Yes, Sir Auron."
Zell giggled and Auron rubbed his forehead, asking some deep reserve for patience.
[color=orangered]"Hey,"[/color] Zell said, sidling up to Wakka, [color=orangered]"if you [i]really[/i] want to give the formality thing a go, how about..."[/color] Zell paused dramatically. [color=orangered]"...Sir Zell."[/color]
Cecil's laughter was uncontrollable. Zell shot him a dark look, but Cecil kept laughing.
Wakka shook his head at Zell. "To be a Sir or a Lady, you gotta prove you'self, ya? Do t'ings nobody else dare do. Den you come back...maybe?...and we talk 'bout how great you are." He chuckled deeply, as Zell looked indignant.
[color=orangered]"Hey, do you know what I've been through the last few months?! It's a major thing--one most people would never do, and there are so few of us left."[/color] He motioned at the other two Survivors.
"You a Suvivor? Heh, dat's a good one."
"Wakka!" Lulu berated him. She turned to Zell. "So you have been to other worlds. What are they like?"
[color=orangered]"Oh, simply incredible! Hey, think I'll have time to tell before Cid shows up?"[/color]
Auron shrugged.
[color=teal]"I don't see why not, [i]Sir[/i] Zell."[/color]
Auron resisted the temptation to glare.
[color=orangered]"Ah, thank you, [i]Sir[/i] Cecil."[/color]
[color=crimson]"All right, that's IT! NO MORE FORMAL TITLES!"[/color] Auron grabbed his folded coat, collar, and bottle, and stalked ahead of them toward Besaid itself.
Cecil and Zell traded glances and grinned.
[color=teal]"Y[/color][color=orangered]e[/color][color=teal]s,[/color] [color=orangered]S[/color][color=teal]i[/color][color=orangered]r[/color] [color=teal]A[/color][color=orangered]u[/color][color=teal]r[/color][color=orangered]o[/color][color=teal]n!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Hmph!"[/color]
~~~~~~
OoC2: And anyways, I'm sure Cecil and Zell are famous in their own rights. :p I'm just having fun writing this. ^^

[b]OOC:[/b] WOOO!! *blinks* Why do I get the feeling I'm being treated like a Tidus-a-like? *chuckles* Heh, he's my favourite character after Zell, so it's all good ^_^;; ----- *throws things* Argh!! Why do people post while I'm typing! *wanders off to type something else* :D
~~~~~

"Boys will be boys," Lulu murmured in an amused tone, leaning down to pick up the tray from where she'd dropped it, flicking random tiny braids back over her shoulder. Then she stood straight at look at them. Then, as was Lulu's usual manner, she simply turned back the way she had come and wandered off, simply waiting for them to follow her. Hurriedly, Wakka, Cecil and Zell did exactly at as they followed Lulu and Auron.
They caught up with Auron, slowing from their jog, and Wakka queried, "So Rikku and Tidus are out huh?"
Auron snorted slightly. [color=crimson]"Tidus never even made it onto the ship..."[/color]
"Are you kiddin'? No way!"
[color=crimson]"Yes way, he was [i]fighting[/i] of all things..."[/color]
Lulu sniffed slightly. "When he gets back I'm going to hang him up by his ears."
Wakka winced. So did Zell, much to Lulu's amusement.
"Come on," she continued, sauntering on ahead. "I'm sure Yuna would like to say hello to you..."
Auron smirked slightly, the action looking slightly unnerving when it wasn't hidden by his collar. [color=crimson]"I'm sure she would, let's keep going then shall we?"[/color]

OoC: Anyone else notice the time seems off on the Boards?
OoC2: EEEEEEEEE! Guess what I just got today!!!! My foot tall Auron figure I've been hunting after after all this time (Anthology, too, which I know Des will appreciate)!
OoC3: Just remember, I love you guys, no matter how much I tease your characters! /_^
OoC4: (Lots of these, I know.) Since I'm not sure at what point in time in Spira we are in (or whether we will see Tidus or Rikku), I'm going to be a little vague about some of the story details.
~~~~~~~
The dirt road wound around high cliffs; the Spira newcomers marvelled at the lush vegetation and the waterfalls that fell in sparkling arches overhead. The group had to watch their footing as the road sloped sharply downhill. Below, the small hut village of Besaid hovered around a large building.
[color=orangered]"What's that, a church?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Close enough. It's a temple."[/color]
[color=teal]"May we go look?"[/color]
Wakka crossed his arms and got a funny look on his face. Lulu ignored him and waved her hand to the figure that was racing up to meet them.
"Yuna!" Lulu called.
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Survivor/yuna.jpg[/img]
"Lulu, Wakka!"
[color=crimson]"Lady Yuna!"[/color] Auron called, bringing attention to himself. Yuna gasped.
"Sir...Sir Auron!"
[color=orangered]"Oh boy, here we go again."[/color]
Cecil giggled. Auron patiently looked at them over his shades.
[color=crimson]"I don't care if you call me Sir or not--I'd prefer you not. But Lady Yuna deserves respect, so I expect you to give it to her."[/color]
"Sir Auron..." Yuna's voice had a slight pleading tone to it, as if she didn't care for formality either. Her tone changed as she looked to him. "Have you seen Tidus?"
[color=crimson]"I was about to ask you the same thing."[/color]
"Tidus, he was s'pose da be in the Survivor thing, ya? But then he got kicked out right off. Funniest thing I'd eva heard."
"Wakka!" Lulu said, berating him again for the second time that day.
"Wha? Ain't I get a chance to say anythin' right anymore?"
Yuna laughed gently and patted Wakka's shoulders. "Well, we mustn't keep the Survivors waiting. Do you know what the challenge is?"
[color=teal]"Not really. Oh, my apologies, Lady Yuna, I am Cecil, a Paladin, at your service."[/color] He bowed.
Not to be outdone, Zell chimed in. [color=orangered]"Right, and I'm Zell, um...fighter something or ot..her...at your service!"[/color] He bowed a little awkwardly, and brushed the ground with his hair.
Yuna giggled again. "You sorta look like Wakka, with your hair."
"Hey, maybe we be long lost brothers, ya?" Wakka put Zell in a friendly headlock and messed his hair around.
[color=orangered]"Hey quit!"[/color] Zell yelped, breaking out of the headlock.
[color=crimson]"Any sign of Rikku or Cid?"[/color] Auron asked Yuna.
"No, but maybe after you get rest, they will show up. At least," Lulu continued, "Cid will. Rikku has been evicted too, correct?"
Cecil nodded. [color=teal]"I always wondered what happened to people after they got evicted. hey, do you think we'll see Rikku or Tidus?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"I don't know."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Auron not know something? That's a first."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Wakka...?"[/color]
"Ya, Sir Auron?"
Auron made a motion with his hand, and Zell found himself in another headlock.
[color=orangered]"Hey, QUIT!"[/color]
The group laughed good naturedly, and began to disperse. Lulu led Auron, Cecil, and Zell to the hut where they would rest until Cid came.
"Best of luck, all of you," Lulu said, "and Auron, remember, no picking fights with Cid this time. He [i]is[/i] Yuna's uncle, after all." And she left.
[color=teal]"Whoa, what was that?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Something about picking a fight with Cid?"[/color]
Auron flopped on his bed and turned his face to the wall. [color=crimson]"I am tired right now, so if you don't mind..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"But Sir Auuuuuuuron..."[/color] Zell whined teasingly.
[color=crimson]"Do I have to get Wakka again?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Meep. Shutting up."[/color]

[color=seagreen]Heh, yes, Cecil is also pretty serious and all that most of the time. You started it with Auron, though. I just joined in. :p[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[color=teal]"Hmm, yes, the little water party was rather tiring,"[/color] Cecil said as he looked about the hut. There were three beds, each set up against a different wall, with a low table and chairs in the center. Cecil reclined on the bed against the left wall, leaning his sword against the head post. [color=teal]"No thanks to you,"[/color] Cecil added with a bit of a laugh as he looked over towards Auron.

Auron sat down on the bed across from Cecil's. [color=crimson]"Hmph."[/color]

Silence for a few moments, before Zell decided to break the silence. [color=orangered]"Oh, come on, I could see you were having fun, Si--"[/color]

[color=crimson]"What did I just say?"[/color] Auron growled at Zell.

Cecil laughed, watching as Zell tried to hide under the covers of his bed. [color=teal]"At least it's not as bad as 'Aurie,' right?"[/color]

Auron raised an eyebrow, glancing at Cecil. [color=crimson]"Where did you get [i]that[/i] from?"[/color]

[color=teal]"You think I wasn't listening while Eiko was around during that challenge?"[/color] Cecil chuckled as Auron hmphed again. [color=teal]"To tell the truth, though, I'm not much one for formal titles either. Paladin is fine, but. . . ."[/color] He trailed off, leaving the alternative unsaid.

[color=orangered]"But what?"[/color] Zell asked, poking his head out from under the covers.

[color=teal]"If I told you, I'd never hear the end of it until this game is over. Lets just say it would be a lot more annoying that 'Sir,' okay?"[/color]

[color=orangered]"Oh come onnn!"[/color]

Cecil glanced over at Zell, a look of mock anger on his face. [color=teal]"Do I have to have Auron get Wakka again?"[/color] This remark managed to get a small chuckle from Auron, while Zell just glanced back and forth between the two, wondering if they were serious.

OoC: "Do I have to have Auron get Wakka again?" Heh, funny.
OoC2: Sage, if you don't come back soon, I'm going to declare, BB, Des, and myself the official winners! :devil:
OoC3: The following is just filler, so there. Yes, I'm still in Auron obsessed mode, so just have patience with me. :p
~~~~~~~~
He waited until the other two seemed to be sleeping. Zell had an unmistakable snore that, had it not started after Cecil fell asleep, would have made it difficult for Auron to tell if the Paladin was also asleep.
The bright stars, muted slightly by the hut's door cloth, shone at him, as if asking him to come outside. Auron glanced at the other two one more time, then (leaving behind his sword), slipped outside.
It was slightly cool, but his coat kept the breeze off. As he stepped out, his sake bottle thumped in its familiar tattoo against his leg.
...no place like home?
There were only two or three people wandering about this early in the morning, merchants setting up early, perhaps. Because Besaid was an open and friendly village, they did not have to worry about thieves. Each nodded to Auron respectfully but paid him no other mind as he slipped into Besaid's small temple.

The front room was eerily silent. In his mind, Auron could hear the Song of the Fayth...and for a moment, he thought he really [i]could[/i] hear it.
It was early yet. The dawn had yet to touch the sky in rosy stripes.
Auron turned slightly to the right, gazed at the large stone statue towering above him, touched the pedestal lightly.
[color=crimson]"Braska."[/color]
"Sir Auron?"
It was whispered, but given the circumstances, her voice sounded loud. Auron turned about sharply.
[color=crimson]"Yuna!"[/color] he whispered strongly, gruffly, kindly. [color=crimson]"What are you doing up?"[/color]
Her face wrinkled into a smile. "Forgive me, but I should ask you the same thing."
He looked to the statue again. [color=crimson]"Hmph. You know I don't need sleep."[/color]
Yuna's eyes had a faraway look in them now. "Yes...I know. But S...Auron..." Here her eyes regained their usual cheerfulness. "That's strange, not calling you Sir."
[color=crimson]"I rather like it."[/color]
"OK..." her voice trembled nervously. "...Auron. You should get your rest, you know. If you don't, you won't do well." Yuna clasped her hands to her chest. "And I want you to!"
Auron raised one eyebrow. [color=crimson]"Is this the timid Lady Yuna I've known all these years?"[/color]
"Please...I'm growing up!"
[color=crimson]"All right. But what about Cecil and Zell? Don't you want them to win?"[/color]
"Well...yes...but in Blitzball, only one team can win. It is the same here. I would like for you all to win, but only one of you can. And if you don't get your rest, you won't be at your best. Someone else will win by default...and where is the glory in that, defeating someone not at full strength?"
Auron nodded, mulling over the words.
"Auron?"
[color=crimson]"Mmm?"[/color] Auron glanced over to Yuna. She had moved to the entrance of the temple now.
"Isn't that Zell walking around?"
Auron joined her and looked. [color=crimson]"Yes."[/color]
"Where do you think he is going?"
Auron watched Zell. [color=crimson]"I don't think he knows."[/color]
"What?"
[color=crimson]"He's sleepwalking. If you will excuse me, Lady Yuna, I'm going to keep an eye on him."[/color]
"What about Cecil?"
[color=crimson]"What, you want us all tired and exhausted?"[/color]
"Please, he might be able to help, too."
[color=crimson]"All right."[/color]
Both parted ways, Auron after the sleepwalking Zell and Yuna to wake Cecil up.
~~~~~
Final OoC: I'm not saying in this post that I should win. I'm simply reiterating in Yuna that I want all of us to do our absolute best in this final challenge. I luv you guys so much!

[b]OOC:[/b] Heh heh... the amusement *laughs and sets about waking zell up*
~~~~

At this point, Zell was walking through a wonderfully sugar-coated land, full of doughnuts, hotdogs, and striped candycanes. With no recollection of how he'd got there, nor wanting to leave.
Then, for seemingly no reason, the blonde was accosted by a group of pixies... all of whom wanted to give him candy. And who was he to refuse such a gift?
[color=orangered]"Uhh... thanks" ^_____^[/color]
"Glory to our King!"
[color=orangered]"Your King?! Wow!! King of Candyland!"[/color]
"Long live King Zell!"

[center]~~~[/center]

Meanwhile, in the waking world, the blonde was being carefully pursued by Auron, who by now knew better than to wake sleepwalkers. Auron was also a little afraid of Zell's candy-related mumblings, and really didn't want to be chewed on like some kind of human-sized hotdog.
[color=orangered]"Candy is mine... the King... all mine..."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes Zell... whatever you say..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Yeah...!"[/color]

[center]~~~[/center]

"Enter the lair our King!"
Zell blinked, several candy bars slipping from his grasp as he did so. [color=orangered]"What?"[/color]
"Slay the feathered beast my Lord!! Here is its temple!"
Zell blinked again, successfully surprised. [color=orangered]"What the heck are you talking about?"[/color]
"Won't our King protect us?!"
[color=orangered]"Uhh... sure... but..."[/color]
"Our King has forsaken us!"
[color=orangered]"What?! No!"[/color] Zell paused, looking between the pixies, and really not wanting to surrender his candy in order to go on his quest. Reluctantly he continued, [color=orangered]"What? In there?"[/color]
The pixies nodded, throwing up a huge cheer as Zell decidedly approached the mouth of the scary "lair" of the "feathered beast".

[center]~~~[/center]

And, Zell managed to surprise the watching Auron as he suddenly turned, the action decisive, towards the temple. As though he was headed there with a purpose.

~~~~~~~
[b]OOC:[/b] I'm not actually sure how Zell would've known about Valefor, for his subconsious to tell him about the "feathered beast" - nor am I sure what he's going to do when he gets there O_o Let's just see what you guys do with that ^_^

OoC: In that case, I'm going to assume that we are in the Spira of still during the FFX story--anotherwords, before it ended (I hope BB knows what I mean, because if I say anymore, I'll spoil it for Sage and Des).
~~~~~~~~
[color=orangered]"The feathered beast...slay the feathered beast..."[/color] Zell mumbled, almost zombie like, as he strode forward purposely toward the temple.
[color=crimson]"Feathered beast?"[/color] Auron wrinkled his one eyebrow in puzzlement, then gasped softly in the breaking dawn light. [color=crimson]"Is he talking about Valefor?"[/color]
The Crimson Warrior looked about desperately for Yuna, but she was nowhere in sight. Auron decided that, since Zell was an outsider, he would surely be stopped at the entrance to the Cloister of Trials. So thinking, he turned back to where he last saw Yuna.

"Slay the feathered beast, o King!"
[color=orangered]"All righty."[/color]
"Stop!" An ugly mole looking creature, with quills and feathers sticking out every which way, blocked Zell's passage. "You are not worthy to enter here!"
[color=orangered]"Um..."[/color]
"King Zell!" the pixies wailed. "Don't abandon us!"
[color=orangered]"You heard them--out of my way! I need to save my kingdom!"[/color] He shoved the mole creature to one side and marched into the cave.

[color=teal]"What do you mean he's going to hurt Valefor?"[/color] Cecil gaped in disbelief at Auron.
"He shouldn't be able to," Yuna said, thoughtfully. "Valefor will only appear when a summoner like myself calls her. Auron is correct in saying that the temple guards should not let him past the entrance to the Cloister. Even so, I would not have Zell accidentally hurt himself or the fayth. Let us go."

[i]I E Yu I
No Bo Me No...[/i]
Her voice wound around Zell's ears, hauntingly sweet and beautiful.
[i]Re N Mi Ri
Yo Ju Yo Go...[/i]
It lifted Zell's heart up, as if on a breeze, and his spirit flew with it, soaring into the very heights of Heaven itself.
[i]Ha Sa Te Ka Na E...[/i]
"King Zell!"
[i]Ku Ta Ma E...[/i]
"King Zell, block your ears--it is the Siren song of the Feathered Beast!"
[color=orangered]"But it's so beautiful..."[/color]
"KING ZELL!" a mass of voices chorused together. And the world went dark.

[color=teal]"He got past the guard?"[/color]
"Are you ok, Nibor?"
Nibor rubbed his jaw experimentally. "Nothing a little time won't fix. But that outsider--!"
[color=crimson]"Sin's toxin. No need to banish him for what he doesn't have control over. Let us take it from here, Nibor."[/color]
"Yes sir, Sir Auron."
As they stepped into the Cloister, Cecil looked back toward the entrance. [color=teal]"Am I allowed in here?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"You are now."[/color]
[color=teal]"Has Zell really been poisoned?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Just a fabrication. No need to worry."[/color]
Cecil laughed. [color=teal]"You mean you just lied?"[/color]
Auron ignored him and pointed down the hall. [color=crimson]"The Chamber of the Fayth is just ahead. Yuna, will there be enough room?"[/color]
"I think so."

[i]"Zell..."[/i]
[color=orangered]"Five more minutes..."[/color] the blonde groaned.
[i]"Zell, please get up."[/i]
[color=orangered]"Huh...who's there?"[/color] Zell sat up in the darkness, and saw a slim figure standing near him.
He blinked in shock as he realized that, not only was the figure floating, she was also transparent!
[color=orangered]"Who are you?!"[/color]
[i]"I am the fayth of Valefor...and you, Zell, you should not be here..."[/i]
[color=orangered]"I can't leave yet! I have to protect my people from the feathered beast!"[/color]
The fayth watched him, then beckoned him close and indicated the floor. [i]"Do you mean that feathered beast?"[/i]
Below him, a large, nearly circular statue stretched across the center of the room. Stone feathers were carved around the edges, and they circled about a small, human figure. The same one that was hovering in front of him.
[color=orangered]"Does that mean that you are the feathered beast?"[/color]
[i]"You may say that."[/i]
[color=orangered]"But the pixies..."[/color]
"King Zell, we are here! Take this candy axe to shatter the stronghold of the Feathered Beast--hurry!"
Zell grasped the peppermint striped weapon, and stared at the fayth, unsure of what to do.
~~~~
OoC: Um, I dunno how to finish this, so someone else will need to. Else I'll finish this later, when I get inspiration. ^_~

OoC: Another one of those long post cause double post deals. Please forgive.
OoC2: Also, it may be noted that all spoilers are carefully covered, so FFX players will recognize them, but others will not.
~~~~~~~~
"King Zell, please, [i]please[/i] help us!"
[color=orangered]"I...don't know..."[/color]
"Then let us help you help us!"

"Zell, no!"
It was too late. Zell was already swinging the short axe against the flat floor statue. The Valefor Fayth sighed, a sound of the wind rushing through a newly opened crevice, and she faded away. A visible crack appeared on the mirror-like surface, marring it.
Yuna gasped loudly, and Cecil held her back. Auron was already tackling Zell, pressing the blonde's body against the statue, attempting to wring the short axe away from him.
[color=crimson]"Cecil,"[/color] Auron grunted, [color=crimson]"a little help?"[/color]
[color=teal]"But Sir Au--"[/color]
Auron's patience broke instantly. [color=crimson]"Shut up and--"[/color] He broke off, bit his lip, but couldn't prevent a cry of pain.
"What? What is it?"
[color=crimson]"Fiends! In the temple!"[/color]
[color=teal]"What?"[/color]
"Fiends are monsters," Yuna explained. "They are formed from pyreflies, or spirits. Sometimes, those spirits are angry, and want revenge on the living. This warps them into monsters. But Auron..." Yuna continued, "I don't see any..."
[color=crimson]"Well, I can feel them. Small ones, by the--ow! Dammit!"[/color] Auron released his grip on Zell and slapped at the area around him. [color=crimson]"Invisible, too."[/color]
"Auron, look out!"
Zell had Auron in a choke hold in an instant. His eyes glittered feverish with an unearthly light, and his voice sounded like Zell, but not like Zell. [color=orangered][i]"How's it feel to be on the flip side, Sir Auron?"[/i][/color]
[color=teal]"OK, [i]now[/i] I'm helping."[/color] The Paladin rushed to the pair and made to knock Zell out with his sword handle, when he shouted in shock. [color=teal]"OW! Dangit, what are they? [i]Where[/i] are they?!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Lady Yuna,"[/color] Auron choked out, [color=crimson]"[i]run![/i]"[/color]

"You're doing good, o King!"
[color=orangered]"I don't know...something about this doesn't seem right..."[/color]
"You are helping your friends break free of the siren song. And we are helping!"
[color=orangered]"But something doesn't seem right..."[/color]
[i]"Zell!"[/i]
[color=orangered]"What the-- The Valefor fayth, right?"[/color]
[i]"Help me!"[/i]
[color=orangered]"Well...ok, but how?"[/color]
[i]"Stop them!"[/i] She motioned at the pixies climbing all over his friends, and gasped as she fell to her knees. [i]"My statue...they are destroying it..."[/i]
That's when Zell realized he couldn't hear the eerie song she had been singing earlier...only the evil snigger of the pixies.

Zell was tightening his choke hold; Auron's face was as red as his coat now, and turning darker. Cecil was being pressed down under some invisible weight.
[color=teal]"Yuna, run! Run and get help!"[/color]
"No, I'm not leaving any of you!"
With that she stepped backwards, pulled her summoning staff out, and performed a delicate dance. The statue glowed in recognition, and in that light, everyone could see their adversaries.
[color=teal]"Pixies? I'm being attacked by [i]pixies?!?[/i]"[/color]
"Better believe it, bub," one grumbled gutterly. He and his cohorts resumed their attack on Cecil, but paused as the statue flashed again.

[i]"Zell...she's calling..."[/i]
[color=orangered]"Who is?"[/color]
[i]"Come, you must come with me..."[/i]
"But King Zell--!" the pixies wailed.
[color=orangered]"Hey, being King is nice and all, but there's just something wrong about tiny pixies that eat candy, destroy property, and giggle evilly. C'YA!"[/color] He took the Fayth's hand and left the dumbfounded pixies behind.

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/Survivor/valefor.jpg[/img]
Valefor growled musically as she burst from the statue, carrying Zell with her. The sudden motion broke Zell's grip on Auron, who sprawled on the floor gratefully gasping air in.
[color=crimson]"Normal again, I trust?"[/color] he commented, rubbing his sore neck.
[color=orangered]"Whoa, what happened to you?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"You did."[/color]
[color=orangered]"What...?!"[/color]
[color=teal]"Hey, can we saved the confused reunion for later and get rid of these guys?"[/color] Cecil hollered.
It didn't take much. One look at Valefor in all her glory was enough to make the pixies bunch together and crouch against the floor in one large heap.
"The Feathered Beast!" they cried in terror.
Valefor brushed a wing against her fayth statue, gauging the damage of the crack. She then brushed a wing against the pixies, and they shuddered visibly. The dragonness Aeon was clearly enraged.
She spun in the air, her irridescense dancing in the dim light, and hovered in midair. Opening her wings, she spat a thin beam of energy at the ground the pixies were standing on. At first, nothing seemed to happen.
With a minor explosion, the ground exploded, taking the pixies with it. Each collapsed, emitting a pyrefly from its body in defeat.
[color=crimson]"Yuna, let us leave before you send them."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Send them? Send them where? They're just a bunch of harmless fireflies now."[/color]
Auron, still sore from the unexpected choke hold, simply dragged Cecil and Zell out of the Chamber of the Fayth. Further questions were drowned out with one all purpose: [color=crimson]"Hmph!"[/color]

The pyreflies flitted about Valefor, wailing their mournful cry of death. Valefor growled in response and watched as Yuna sent the group with her Farplane Dance. When the room was empty, Yuna turned to the Aeon and stroked her feathered head.
"I'm sorry that your statue was broken."
Valefor shook her head knowingly. She roared softly, then stretched her wings over the statue and melted back into it. The Fayth statue shone just once, permitted Yuna to see a fully repaired mirror surface once more.

Outside, Zell rubbed the back of his head. [color=orangered]"I still don't quite get what just happened."[/color]
[color=teal]"I don't either, and Mr. Chattery over there is being his usual talkative self."[/color] Cecil jabbed a thumb at Auron.
[color=crimson]"Hmph!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Aw, c'mon. Whatever it was, we survived it. So it can't have been all that bad, right?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Oh sure, being possessed by fiends to destroy valuable Fayths is nothing [i]bad[/i]. Fine, let's just go lightning dodging in the Thunder Plains, shall we? Safer and more intelligent than what we just sat through,"[/color] Auron growled darkly.
[color=orangered]"Whoa, was that sarcasm I just detected?"[/color]
[color=teal]"I think so,"[/color] Cecil chuckled. [color=teal]"Either that or Sir Aurie needs to get some rest, because he's cranky."[/color]
[color=crimson][i][b]"Hmph!"[/b][/i][/color]
~~~~~~~
Final OoC: So where to now? Heh, that was fun. ^^; (And no, I dunno [i]why[/i] the pixies were after Valefor.)

offgame: I'm really sorry, but making the last challenge has proven to be more worky than I thought. But from next week I'm going to my sister's place to do some cat-sitting (or, to look after three cats while my sis is away), and there I can use a fast and free, 24hour online webconnection! :excited: I hope I will survive those two weeks... But this game will definately come to an end within those weeks.

Meanwhile, I've thought of some activity for you guys...
ongame: [color=teal]

Suddenly Auron, Cecil and Zell heard something hovering straight above them.
Zell: "Gah, wazzat?! A.. dragon?"
Cecil: "How about Ragnarok, dummy?"
Zell: "Oh! I knew that, he he..."

The red airship landed near the trio, and Cid came to the doorway, waving them to get inside.

When all three were comfortably sitting at Ragnarok's lounge, Cid came to them, carrying a map of Spira.

Cid: "So, fellows! You three have survived all this time in this competition, but I though it would be good to recall the people who didn't. So, I have organized a little tour for all of you through the various temples of this world. In each of them you will encounter a familiar face from earlier in this game, and you can have a little chit-chat with him or her. The locations are as follows:

Besaid Temple - Tidus & Squall
Kilika Temple - Rikku
Djose Temple - Freya
Macalania Temple - Zack & Cloud
Bevelle Palace - Sephiroth
Remiem Temple - Zidane
Baaj Yevon Temple - Rinoa

Think of this as some sort of pilgrimage to all the people you've encountered in this competition. You three should stick together, and travel through the temples in the given orders. I reckon you all have understood. Pack some supplies for your trip, and you can go then."

Zell: "Oh man, does this mean we'll have to[i]walk[/i] again?!"
Auron: "I do not know about you, but I'm going to enjoy this task."
Cecil: "Well, what are we waiting for?"
Zell: "Dunno. Let's get this over with, then. I'm all for the final challenge!"[/color]

offgame: so, this is not a challenge, but I do hope all of you participate in this.
If any of the former players happen to read this bit, you can also participate, but only when the trio gets to the temple your character is in.

Well, I hope you really make the best of this, as this gives me more time to prepare the last challenge. ;)

OoC: Wow, only (at most) three weeks left. Golly...
OoC2: I went ahead and got ahold of all the previous Survivors, to give them a heads up on their ability to participate again. I know I wouldn't want to miss the chance if I had it!
OoC3: To Des and BB--I'd suggest we keep this moving pretty fast--maybe one temple each day, or every two days. That'll give all the interested Survivors a chance to post before moving on to the final challenge. *has too much free time* ^.~
~~~~~~~~

As the trio walked back to their resting hut, Auron cast a glance over Zell. [color=crimson]"We're not done talking yet. Care to explain why you got it into your head to attack the Fayth?"[/color]
Zell tried--he really did--to form the words. After a third failed attempt, he finally just shrugged. Auron gave vent to an irritated sigh.
[color=teal]"Come, Auron, he didn't mean to. Fiend possession, remember?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes, and I'd like to know how that happened, so we can be prepared in case it happens again."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Ooo, IDEA!"[/color]
Cecil opened his mouth for a moment, then shut it again. [color=teal]"Too easy. Too mean."[/color]
Auron agreed with a chuckle. Zell ignored them and kept talking.
[color=orangered]"Cid said that Tidus and Squall are in Besaid Temple now, right? They might have a clue as to why the fiends...you know..."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Possessed you,"[/color] Auron finished flatly.
Zell shuddered. [color=orangered]"Yeah, that. Gaw, it sounds so dirty when you say it."[/color]
Cecil laughed at Auron's wide eye, and clapped him on the shoulder to snap him out of it. [color=teal]"He's on to something, you know."[/color]
Auron snorted. [color=crimson]"Yes, I need to speak with Tidus about picking fights just before getting onto airships."[/color] He changed his direction to face the Besaid Temple again.
Zell and Cecil shot past him, sticking their tongues out impertenently. [color=teal]"C'mon, old man, we don't have all year! You are such a slowpoke."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Wait,"[/color] Auron said, his tone serious.
They paused, caught up in his serious tone. [color=orangered]"What is it?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"I need to show you something."[/color]
Zell backed up, a funny look on his face. [color=orangered]"Now wait a minute--you came out of the airship with [i]Cecil[/i], remember?"[/color]
[color=teal]"You promised not to mention that ever again!"[/color] Cecil retorted.
The two bickered for about 3o more seconds, when they realized:
[color=teal]"Heeey, whaaat's goiiiiing oooooon?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"I feeel liiiike I'm stuuuck in taaaaaar."[/color]
[color=teal]"Auuuuron!"[/color] Cecil slowly yelled at the Crimson Warrior. Auron smirked back.
[color=crimson]"Slowga, courtesy of Tidus. But wait...there is more."[/color] He held his left hand up to his forehead, then made a throwing motion. His body flashed bright red for an instant, and he was moving considerably faster now. [color=crimson]"He taught me Haste, too. Who's the slowpoke now?"[/color]
With that, he literally shot into the Temple.
Zell and Cecil ever so slooooowly turned to share a Look, then struggled to get to the Temple. (It would have taken forever, too, if Zell hadn't bumped a foot against a Remedy someone had dropped on the ground.)
Auron was waiting for them just inside the Temple, a smirk on his face. Cecil burst into laughing. [color=teal]"All right, all right. Fair enough--I've got Float and you've got Haste."[/color]
[color=orangered]"What do I get?"[/color] Zell wailed.
[color=crimson]"My admiration for being such a trooper?"[/color]
~~~~~~~~~
Final OoC: I love writing about these three so much--it's just so darn funny! :laugh:
I think that visiting the Temples will also give us a chance to talk about our favorite funniest moment with the Survivor(s) at that Temple. Reminisce, reminisce! |_^

[color=seagreen]You know, Cecil does know Heal. And Haste. :p[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cecil shook his head and laughed. [color=teal]"Nice one, Auron. Shall we continue in to see our friends?"[/color]

[color=crimson]"Yes, lets go,"[/color] Auron said as the trio started walking farther into the temple. [color=crimson]"Wait a minute...."[/color] Auron looked around--everything looked at least five times their normal size.

Cecil grinned down at him. [color=teal]"Size, courtesy of Rosa,"[/color] he said with a smirk as he turned and walked a few steps before dropping another Remedy that he had found outside. To him, it was only a few steps, but for Auron it would take a minute to walk there even with the lingering effects of the Haste spell. [color=teal]"Just be glad Piggy is a black magic spell,"[/color] Cecil said with a wink.

A couple rooms farther into the temple, Cecil and Zell came across the first two contestants to be evicted, Squall and Tidus. They were leaning against the walls on opposite sides of the room, not looking too happy with each other.

[color=orangered]"Squall!"[/color] Zell jumped past Cecil into the room, happy to see his old friend again. They began talking, and a conversation about the past events and challenges quickly sprung up.

Over on the other side of the room, Cecil walked up to Tidus and offered his hand. [color=teal]"I don't think I ever actually got to meet you,"[/color] he said as he shook Tidus' hand. [color=teal]"I'm Cecil, pleased to meet you."[/color]

"The name's Tidus." He looked around before speaking again. "Where's Auron? I thought he was still in this thing."

Cecil let a small grin spread across his face. [color=teal]"Oh, he'll be along in a minute. He just had something he needed to take care of really quick."[/color]

Literally bouncing, Zell approached Squall, who, as per usual, was standing around glaring. It looked like he and Tidus hadn't made up just yet...
[color=orangered]"Heeeeeey!!"[/color]
"... ... ..."
[color=orangered]"Hey, what is it? Aren't ya pleased to see me?!"[/color]
"... ... ..."
[color=orangered]"Urrrmmm..."[/color]
Squall paused, looking down at his feet for a second. "Well done..."
[color=orangered]"Eh...?"[/color]
Squall continued as though Zell hadn't spoken. "I really didn't expect you to get this far. Rinoa maybe... but never you."
Zell blinked. [color=orangered]"I'm sensing my [i]Dumb Zell[/i] stereotype kicking in again..."[/color] He paused. [color=orangered]"Why "never me"?"[/color]
Squall shook his head slightly. "Never mind. Although," he continued after a pause, "I do have one question..."
[color=orangered]"Uhh... y'do?"[/color]
"Yeah... Right at the start I heard you say something like "Blondes gotta stick together"." Squall paused with a smirk. "And I'm not blonde."
[color=orangered]"Eek... y'mean you heard me say that?"[/color]
Squall nodded, "Not that it matters, I just thought I'd bring it up."
[color=orangered]"Geez... I'm sorry... I just got, y'know, caught up in the moment. And that Rikku chick looked like she was going to take my eye out."[/color]
"I'm surprised Rinoa didn't..."
[color=orangered]"Trust me, me too..."[/color]
"So..." idly Squall scuffed at the ground with a foot. "How's the challenges been? Easy, hard?"
[color=orangered]"Well..."[/color] Zell leaned against the wall behind him beside Squall, sctratching his head. [color=orangered]"It's been interesting... That's the best word for it."[/color]
"I heard you look good in a dress..."
Zell's face turned a beet colour. [color=orangered]"Hey! I won that challenge!"[/color]
Squall continued teasingly. "I also hear you were quite "feminine" in the part. I've never seen you slap someone before Zell..."
[color=orangered]"Who's been blabbing!?! I'll kill them!!"[/color] By now the poor blonde's face was beet red.
"Sephiroth."
Zell twitched a few times. [color=orangered]"Or maybe I'll let him live..."[/color]
And, for once in his life, Squall actually smiled. "How did I know you were going to say that?"
[color=orangered]"You're phychic?"[/color]
"Not quite, Zell. Not quite..."

OoC: *laughs* All right, Des, no problem. This is actually rather funny.
~~~~~~~~~
"If you say so, Cecil..." Tidus drifted off, trying to catch sight of his surrogate father.
Auron, still a small brown piglet with black spots and still in Haste mode, ran about furiously, squealing his head off. Tidus, Squall, and Zell looked at unfamiliar animal in shock.
"Hey!" Tidus yelled, "that-that can't be in here! It's a holy place, you know?"
[color=teal]"Well, take him outside, then,"[/color] Cecil said, stifling his laughter.
"Right! Here piggy piggy piggy." Tidus hunched over and walked slowly toward the animal, still whispering soothingly.
The pig paused for a moment, grunted in an insulted manner, then ran at Tidus, bounced off his shoulder, and tackled Cecil. He beat his split hooves against Cecil's armor with no effect, but hard enough to express his extreme displeasure.
[color=teal]"Hey--hey, quit it! I left you a Remedy back there!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"This thing, right?"[/color] Zell was trying to be helpful, and dumped the contents of the bottle onto the pig.
POOF!
A bright flash of light found Auron sitting on top of Cecil, crossed legged and cross looking. Zell dropped the bottle, which shattered on impact.
[color=orangered]"AUGH! It's the airship all over again!"[/color]
[color=teal]"ZELL!"[/color] Cecil sat up quickly, knocking Auron off him, and glared at the blonde.
"Wait," Tidus said, grinning, "what's all this about?"
"... ... ...!" Squall added.
[color=orangered]"Well, it all started when we got back to my home world,"[/color] Zell said, immensely enjoying himself. Before he could say another word, Auron used Slow on him and Cecil turned him into a Toad.
[color=crimson]"Go kiss a few princesses,"[/color] Auron smirked.
[color=teal]"That should teach you to be quiet."[/color]
"Awww," Tidus whined, "but it was just getting [i]good![/i]"
"...!"
Cecil flashed his sword dangerously at the pair.
"*Gulp!* Nevermind!"
~~~~~~~~~~
OoC: As always, I'm teasing, so no one better be taking this personally. ^_~

[b]OOC:[/b] I never thought I'd see the day when I'd roleplay Zell as a toad... O_o Heh, the fun never ends... Did you realise we've been playing this for 2 and a half months now...? Whoa...
~~~~~~~
Zell hopped around for a few minutes, croaking for all he was worth (albeit veeeeeeery sloooooowly), before finally Tidus picked him up and glared at Auron and Cecil. "You've gotta turn him back!"
[color=crimson]"And why do we [i]have[/i] to? To us, this is fun."[/color]
Cecil contributed to this by sniggering like a ten-year-old.
[color=orangered]"CROAK!"[/color]
Tidus and Squall both glanced at each other and blinked. Then Tidus took up the offensive again. "You just can't leave him as a toad! A slow toad at that! It's hardly good sportsmanship!"
[color=teal]"Sportsmanship?!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Trust me,"[/color] murmured Auron with a slight smirk, [color=crimson]"We like him a lot better this way."[/color]
[i]"Auuuron!"[/i]
[color=crimson]"Yes?"[/color] replied Auron cooly to Tidus's glare. Then with a smirk, he paused. [color=crimson]"I'm not the one who turned him into a toad. You should take that part up with Cecil."[/color]
Blinking, Cecil muttered, [color=teal]"Thanks for passing the buck."[/color]
[color=crimson]"No problem."[/color] Auron chuckled, clearly amused, as Tidus's attention shifted from him to Cecil.
"Cecil, c'mon!"
[color=orangered]"CROAK!"[/color]
"...!"