OtakuBoards

<<<Final Fantastic Survivor>>>

Sandy

[size=1]Actually, change of plan here, i may be able to be back saturday, if all goes well... so you can still decide if i'm gone or not sage, i just thought i'd notify ya'll.[/size]

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

offgame: Sorry man, but you're out now. I'm not going to throw people out and then take them back just because they had a change of plan all of a sudden. :therock: Who knows the next moment you're saying that "Whoops, I have to go again!" You understand, don't you. :(

But to you others, give me some time to sort things out with this game (with Mei and Domon as well), and I'll get back to you asap. Okay? :)

Sorry. I've been working on the final chapter of my rpg. Many apologies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Sephiroth had left the hangar to go to the main square of the kingdom, he had wanted to buy an extra weapon just in case he and his Masume were seperated.

After purchasing a short sword and sheath Sephiroth headed back to the palace. Just as he arrived at the door to where the rest of his team was he heard Zidane yell out in surprise from the cutout Sephiroth had sneaked in. The sliver-haired man then burst in with a huge grin on his face.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]Hi, sorry I had to do that just to get out of here and get some supplies. Anyways what did we win?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal]That...[/COLOR]

[i]The paladin pointed towards a massive airship that was almost as big as the Ragonork.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]Its huge! How fast is it?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal]Its just as fast as the Ragonork. Now that we're back how about we go take our ship for a little test spin?[/COLOR]

[color=orangered]"Well... urm... I'm not a cardboard cutout..."[/color] said Zell, prodding the Rinoa cut-out with a foot. He looked up at the rest of Tantalus who were watching him curiously. [color=orangered]"Urmm... I hope she gets back soon... I'm feeling a little outnumbered here... Four on one isn't wonderful odds..."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Four against one?"[/color] Auron looked around, incredulous. [color=crimson]"Where are you getting those numbers from?"[/color]
Both men sweatdropped (unusual for warriors of their type) and sighed. [color=orangered]"And Cid's not here any more either..."[/color]
It was quiet for a moment. Zell grinned at Auron.
[color=orangered]"Wanna thumb wrestle?"[/color]

Again, Auron sweatdropped. [color=crimson]"Thumb wrestle?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Yeah! Sure! Thumb wrestling! Like arm wrestling, just using your thumbs!"[/color]
Both blinked suddenly as, when Zell shifted to demonstrate thumb wrestling to a confused Auron, he nudged the Zidane and Cecil cut-outs, and they too fell to the floor with a poof of dust. [color=orangered]"Yeah... and where'd Sephiroth go? So much for four on one..."[/color] He paused. [color=orangered]"Who's making all these freakin' cut-outs anyway?!"[/color]
Behind them they heard a snicker as Vivi and Eiko snipped their respective pairs of scissors dangerously.
[color=orangered]"And who let the [i]demon children[/i] loose with sharp, pointy objects...?"[/color]

offgame: Oh no, don't feel abandoned!!! I'm here!!! :D Just needed a weekend off... :bluesweat

Well, I trust Mei and Domon are in for now. But it has come time to do the last task in this world. Read on!
ongame: [color=indigo]

After a good night of sleep the six contestants left were summoned to the Prima Vista to hear their next challenge.

Cid: "Well, first of all, I want to apologize my behaviour lately. I guess the cattitude just got me... he he... But now, as you see, there're only six of you left. After tonight, though, only five will remain, and those five will compete as individuals from now on. We have three more worlds to travel to, and in each of them, one of the five will leave the competition. At the last world, two of the remaining ones will compete for the title of The Most Final Fantastic Survivor. But now onto our final challenge here in Gaia:
[u]The Conquer of Iifa Tree![/u]

First, I want to say that teams Avalanche and Tantalus exist no more. For this race, you will compete as THREE PAIRS. Task is simple: to climb the Iifa Tree, fighting all the monster on the way and avoid the traps set to the track. Each pair will climb from different sides of that enormous tree, so you WON'T meet the other pairs in the way. Among the winning pair will be voted the new captain of the merged team. He - or she - will get to choose the name and the color of the team of individuals. Logically, among the two that come last, will be voted the one that leaves the competition, thus NOT making it to the merged team.
Are the rules clear?

Now, I will tell the pairs, which I've personally selected:
-Auron will climb with Zidane
-Cecil with Rinoa and
-Zell with Sephiroth

Well, I hope you all enjoy yourselves. I will wait at the top of the tree. Now, we're almost at the destination, so get ready, survivors!
Aaaaaand... GO!!!"[/color]

Auron looked at Zidane happily. [color=crimson]"Not only are you a monkey boy--"[/color]
[color=orange]"HEY!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"--but you also know your way around the Iifa Tree. This should not be too bad."[/color]
[color=orange]"Just don't expect me to carry you all the way, old man."[/color]

Stepping down from the Prima Vista's boarding ramp onto the tough soil below the Iifa Tree's west side, Cecil extended his hand to help Rinoa down.
[color=blue]"Thank you,"[/color] she said as he took his hand and stepped down onto the ground beside Cecil. The pair looked up to the towering tree above them, a few low altitude clouds swirling around in the wind at the top. Before them was a small dirt trail that would eventually take them to the top of the tree, but it would be a long and difficult climb.
Cecil motioned for Rinoa to go ahead. [color=teal]"Ladies first,"[/color] he said with a courteous smile.
[color=blue]"Such a gentleman,"[/color] Rinoa giggled as she started down the path, Cecil falling into step behind her. [color=blue]"Were you this nice to the members of Tantalus?"[/color]
Cecil let out a small chuckle. [color=teal]"There weren't any women in Tantalus, besides Freya."[/color] When Rinoa half turned her head to look at Cecil with a raised eyebrow, he added, [color=teal]"Don't worry, I'm not like Zidane."[/color]
This comment prompted a laugh from Rinoa, and she said, [color=blue]"I think we'll get along fine then."[/color]

[i]As Sephiroth stepped off onto the dusty pathway to the Ifa Tree he was nearly knocked down by the over enthusiastic Zell. "Crazy blond." The man thought to himself. Now this would be hard, but entertaining along the way. Now all the two had to do was beat the others to the top.[/i]

[COLOR=orangered]Well partner, you ready to win?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]Of course, I'm always wanting to win. So, shall we begin?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]Okay![/COLOR]

[i]The pair started off down the path at a regular jog but soon they were running uphill along a large root/Limb/whatever the heck those paths were on FF IX. As they were coming upon an corner a huge monster stepped out in front of them and snarled angrily, of course Sephiroth being very competitive at this stage in the game had no time for meaningless monsters and quickly dispatched of the monster with a single swipe to its head.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]Shall we continue?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]Uhhhh... Yeah..I guess....[/COLOR]

[color=orangered]"Hey, are you still sore because I can act better than you?"[/color]
[color=purple]"You only wish..."[/color]
With Zell's annoying chatter following them, the pair continued along their chosen path. The trail was overgrown, and the tendrils of plant life around them seemed to sway as though they were alive.
Suddenly Sephiroth held out a hand in warning, a finger to his lips. [color=purple]"Shhhhh!"[/color]
Zell was instantly hushed. [color=orangered]"Why?"[/color] he whispered. [color=orangered]"D'you hear something?"[/color]
Then, with an enormous laugh, Sephiroth stood up again. [color=purple]"No, I just wanted you to [i]SHUT UP[/i]!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Well, ya just had to say so..."[/color]
Sighing, Sephiroth shook his head. [color=purple]"Would you have listened if I did?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Well... no... but...!"[/color]
[color=purple]"So shut up and let's get going!"[/color]
After a few seconds...
[color=orangered]"AHHHH!"[/color]
[color=purple]"WHAT?!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"IT'S ALIVE!! NOBODY SAID IT WAS ALIVE!!"[/color]
Sephiroth relaxed his sword and sweatdropped briefly. [color=purple]"What...?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"THE TREE'S ALIVE!!"[/color]
[color=purple]"No, Zell... the tree is [i]not[/i] alive..."[/color]
[color=orangered]"But it is!! I just saw it move!!"[/color] Zell pointed at a, now prone, twig in their path.
Frowning... Sephiroth went to investigate...

[i]As Cecil and Rinoa ventured up the trail, they saw before them that it suddenly ended, and only vines and roots were ahead.[/i]

[color=teal]This is going to be rough, best be prepared to climb.[/color]

[color=blue]Right, and we are going to have to watch out for monsters too..[/color]

[i]Rinoa straped on her Blaster edge, and Cecil secured his sword, both ready to fight when needed.[/i]

[color=teal]Shall we go then?[/color]

[color=blue]I guess so, let's head out![/color]

[i]Rinoa walked over to some vines nearby, Cecil right behind her. The vines were quite high up, and neither of them could reach them alone.[/i]

[color=teal]Here...let me boost you up.[/color]

[i]Cecil nodded to her, then held out a hand. Rinoa carefully put her foot in it, and he boosted her up to the lowest vine. Rinoa quickly grabbed the vine and pulled herself up onto a nearby ledge.[/i]

[color=blue]Hmm....let's see now..ah, there![/color]

[i]Suddenly, a long vine came flying over the ledge, down to Cecil.[/i]

[color=blue]It was just sitting up tied around the tree, so I guess it didn't grow down with the others. Grab on![/color]

[color=teal]Great idea, I'm coming up![/color]

[i]Cecil grabbed onto the vine, and slowly pulled himself up to the ledge, then through himself over and onto it next to Rinoa.

After they stood up, they took off again, down a new trail up the tree. Just then, they heard a rustle nearby.[/i]

[color=teal]Nobody else is on this side...so it must be..[/color]

[i]They both prepared for a battle, readying their weapons.[/i]

Drawing his Crystal Sword, Cecil took up a fighting stance, his gaze darting this way and that looking for the monster. Suddenly a thick vine darted out from the left side of the trail, wrapping itself around Cecil's ankle.
[color=teal]"It's alive!"[/color] Cecil yelled as he swung his sword down to sever the vine. Quickly shaking it off and regaining his balance, he looked up to see a huge plant monster standing in the middle of the trail, long vine-tentacles extending out towards them.
At the same time, Rinoa threw her Blaster Edge, the weapon flying out to chop two huge vines clean off the monster. They dropped to the ground just inches infront of the pair, still slightly wriggling and twitching, as Rinoa's weapon returned to her hand. The monster screamed, though neither of them could tell quite how the monster was making the noise, and reared back. Cecil took this opportunity to dash in close, slashing off the remaining vine tentacles. After this, Rinoa's Blaster Edge again swept through the air to land a blow on what looked to be the creature's head, and Cecil finished the monster with a deep stab through its middle.
Pulling his blade from the limp monster, Cecil grimaced at the green ooze running down the its length. [color=teal]"It must be nice, fighting at a distance,"[/color] Cecil said as he wiped his sword off.
Eying the fatal stap wound which had finished the monster off, Rinoa noticed that she could see all the way through it to the ground beneath. Making a face, she said, [color=blue]"An up-front approach seems to do the job, though. Lets keep going."[/color]
After walking for a bit, Cecil spoke up. [color=teal]"Hey, I've got an idea."[/color]
[color=blue]"What is it?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Haste!"[/color] An orangish-red light played across their bodies, and then they were traveling twice as quick all of a sudden.
Rinoa blinked as the two sped up the trail, going as fast as if they were running, but feeling as if they were walking. She smiled, saying, [color=blue]"Let the others run and tire themselves out while we go the same speed without stopping to rest."[/color]
Cecil grinned. [color=teal]"Exactly."[/color]

OoC: Got it, Sage! Thanks for the comfort and your English is just fine, my dear. /_^
~~~~~~~~
Zidane whistled cheerfully as he bounced from limb to limb. He knew the path to the top of the Iifa Tree very well, and he wasn't about to waste any time showing his knowledge off.
Auron was trudging slowly up the dirt path when Zidane appeared, hanging upside down from above.
[color=orange]"Boo!"[/color]
Auron grunted, shoved him aside, and kept trudging.
[color=orange]"I swear, Auron, you have no sense of humor."[/color]
[color=crimson]"We got a late start, and we can't afford to waste our time."[/color]
[color=orange]"C'mon, Aurie,"[/color] Zidane said in his most slickest voice, [color=orange]"I'm telling you I know all the shortcuts, so we'll be fine!"[/color]
He looked to Auron, who was already 20 feet away now.
[color=orange]"Hey, wait up!"[/color]

Auron was concentrating on getting one foot in front of the other when he felt something brush his shoulder again. [color=crimson]"Zidane--"[/color] he growled menacingly.
"Zidane" growled back. Auron turned to look at the "something", and...
[color=orange]"Auron!"[/color] Zidane screamed as he jogged to catch up to the older warrior. [color=orange]"That's a Malboro!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"How in Aeon's name did a Malboro get up here?"[/color]
[color=orange]"Part of the decor?"[/color]
The Malboro screeched, waving tentacles every which way.
[color=crimson]"He doesn't think you're funny, either,"[/color] Auron smirked. [color=crimson]"Are you ready?"[/color]
[color=orange]"Bring it on, baby!"[/color]

It's a commonly known fact that slicing a Malboro's tentacles will not slow it down, but simply agitate it into regenerating them immediately. The real power lies in the Malboro's stalk and, as true adventurers know, its tongue.
Zidane whisked out his pair of daggers and spun them. [color=orange]"Time to trim the bad plant!"[/color] He leapt at the Malboro, slicing this way and that. Tentacles rained down, and even Auron had to admit Zidane was quick and deadly.
Zidane had managed to clear a "bald spot" atop the Malboro's head and waved to Auron. He closed his eyes and buffed imaginary nails against his chest. [color=orange]"How's that for being ready?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Zidane, come down."[/color]
[color=orange]"I do this all the time, don't worry!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Come [i]down![/i]"[/color]
[color=orange]"Why, I remember this one time Iiiiiiiii--!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"ZIDANE!"[/color]
The Malboro had regenerated its tentacles while Zidane was talking and they felt his position out long enough for the Malboro's tongue to snake out and wrap around Zidane's tail and right leg. With a snap, the Malboro held Zidane upside down in the air.
[color=orange]"Auroooooooooon!"[/color]
Auron just shook his head, almost as if in amusement, then swigged from his sake bottle.
[color=orange]"Stop getting drunk and save me!"[/color]
Auron blew the sake out in an angry spurt, spraying his sword. He held it up and it glowed in an unearthly manner. With a swift motion, he threw the glowing at the Malboro. A few hit the nearby area, but most found their target in the monster. It roared in fury as it was hit and gathered up to blast Bad Breath back.
[color=orange]"Auron...do something...it's dragging me into its mouth!"[/color]
A loud crack stopped the battle. At first, Auron thought it was a large tree branch and looked around hastily for the falling object. Something cracked again, and his eye shot to the source.
[color=crimson]"Zidane, hold on..."[/color]
[color=orange]"I [i]can't[/i] hold on, I---auuughhh!"[/color]
The ground had split beneath them all.

Auron had a chance to see the light from above filtering through the hole they had made. He saw long tails. Long noses. Hands gesturing toward him.
Zidane mumbled next to him. [color=orange]"Frey...a?"[/color]
Auron strained to see harder, but was only rewarded with more darkness.
Both fainted warriors were now in the hands of whoever had found them.

Sephiroth prodded the "twig" gingerly with his sword before looking back at the blonde with a glare. [color=purple]"I [i]thought[/i] you said this thing was alive?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"But it moved! I swear! I [i]saw[/i] it move!"[/color]
[color=purple]"IDIOT! Trees don't MOVE! PEOPLE move, CHOCOBOS move! NOT TREES!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Uhhh... uhh.. I... umm... I mean..."[/color]
Sephiroth was perplexed by this point. [color=purple]"What?!"[/color]
[color=orangered]"THE TREE IS [I]MOVING[/I]!!!"[/COLOR]
[color=purple]"What...?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Look behind you!!"[/color]
[color=purple]"What is this? Some kind of pantomime?"[/color] grumbled Sephiroth, turning to look at whatever Zell was screeching about.
And the tree most certainly was... alive...

Auron sat up shakily, blinking his one good eye in the darkness. He let his shades slip down his nose in order to see better, but the darkness hung heavily.
A bright light ignited near him and the still body of Zidane jerked into wakefulness. Both squinted at the unexpected light source, failing to discern the person holding it.
"Who are the outdwellers?" the one behind the light asked. Several feet scampered to Auron and Zidane, putting their...claws?...out to touch them. Auron submitted patiently, while Zidane slapped the searching hands away.
[color=crimson]"Stop it, Zidane,"[/color] Auron commanded in his rough voice.
[color=orange]"I don't like touchy feely!"[/color] the monkey man complained.
[color=crimson]"This is their way of seeing us, of knowing we aren't enemies."[/color]
[color=orange]"Why can't they just use that light over there?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Because they are blind."[/color]
"You speak truth, Red One."
[color=orange]"That guy doesn't seem to be blind,"[/color] Zidane remarked.
The creature holding the lamp waved the rest of the figures away from the pair. "Because I am the only 'normal' one left. My name is Submuri, formerly of Cleyra. Those around you are the rejected children."
[color=orange]"Rejected children. Why?"[/color]
Submuri tapped the light (which was actually a large staff) against the ground, and it lit up brightly. Trained for this, the figures around him covered their eyes.
[color=crimson]"They have wings for arms..."[/color]
Submuri nodded, twitching his tail. "They are more like bats than Burmecians or Cleyrans. Which is why they were not accepted. They were drove deep into the dark heart of the great Iifa Tree, and only I could care for them. We long for the day when we can breathe the fresh air again."
[color=orange]"Cleyra isn't there anymore,"[/color] Zidane said. [color=orange]"A lot has happened, including the protective whirlwind going away, but--"[/color]
"Even if Cleyra was open for us, we still cannot leave."
[color=crimson]"Why?"[/color]
"Have you noticed the tree acting peculiar as of late?"
[color=orange]"Sorry, I was too busy being eaten by a Malboro,"[/color] Zidane quipped, shooting a look at Auron.
"There is a magical beast near the top of the tree, controlling it. You can only get to it through these inner workings, but we had never expected anyone to fall into the dark heart of the great Iifa Tree."
[color=orange]"Waitwaitwait, lemme get this straight--you're saying that if we beat the creature at the top for you, we not only help your people and the Iifa Tree, but we also will be at the top when we do?"[/color]
"Yes...but the creature is very powerful. Very powerful indeed. It could use the entire tree against you to destroy you."
Zidane smirked. [color=orange]"Cool."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Leave it to Cid to make the last challenge on Gaia an exciting one."[/color]
[color=orange]"Auron, waitaminute, if the tree's acting weird then that means the other pairs could be having trouble, too!"[/color]
[color=crimson]"All the more reason to get started. Submuri, we will return soon with good news."[/color]
"Or not at all. May the great Iifa Tree see you as helpers, not harmers. I wish you the best."

OOC: Argh! Where is Domon?? *throws things at him wherever he may be*

IC:
Several vine-like branches were swaying round the pair, investigating, curious as to what they were. A vine slide delicately around Zell's ankle and then up his leg to his knee, exploring the man inquisitively.
[color=purple]"Zell? What's going on?"[/color]
Zell shot a glare over at Sephiroth and opened his mouth to speak. But the vine seemed to sense it, tighting suddenly with a barely audible wail and pulling away. With a hiss, Zell bent to investigate the cut. It wasn't deep, the kind you might get on a finger if you caught yourself with a vegetable knife.
[color=orangered]"Don't do anything sudden... I don't think it knows what we are yet..."[/color] This level of conscientiousness, although unusual for the blonde, was also sensible. There could be many more vines where these came from. And it stood to reason that if they could draw a little blood, they could draw a lot...
[color=purple]"Do we want to wait and let them find out? I'm sure everyone else is at the top by now waiting for us."[/color] He paused before grumbling, [color=purple]"And laughing at us."[/color] A vine moved towards Sephiroth now, and exasperated, he plunged down on it with his sword, severing it cleanly.
The consquences dawned on Zell as the air around them filled with a piercing wail, making him wince, and a vine lashed out at his face leaving a trail of blood across his cheek. Another tried to encompass his wrist, but he pulled away.
And trust Sephiroth, doggedly hacking away at the angered tendrils making them screech louder with pain.
[color=orangered]"IDIOT! We've gotta go, Now!"[/color]
Surprised at the blonde's anger, Sephiroth glanced towards him. [color=purple]"Wha...?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"NOW!"[/color] Zell barked, rushing up past him and grabbing at his wrist to jerk him along.
Then, suddenly, Zell tripped, frantically trying to kick off the vine that had snared his ankle. Slowly it pulled him backwards, trying to pull him off the ground.
[i]He had hurt them, so they would hurt him...[/i]
[color=orangered]"Don't just stand there!! Do something!"[/color]

[i]As Cecil and Rinoa "ran" down their new path, they suddenly came to a new obstacle, a complete dropoff ledge, with the other side too high and too far away to get to. But before they noticed it...[/i]

[color=teal]Rinoa, watch out![/color]

[color=blue]...Huh? Wha..GAH![/color]

[i]Cecil came to an abrupt stop before the ledge, but Rinoa had failed to stop herself in time, and slipped straight off the cliff, just barely grabbing onto the ledge.[/i]

[color=teal]You ok?[/color]

[i]Cecil reached down and helped her up quickly.[/i]

[color=blue]Err...yeah, I'm fine, just didn't notice the dropoff in time..but thankyou.[/color]

[i]Rinoa stood up next to Cecil, and dusted herself off. They both looked to the other side of the dropoff.[/i]

[color=blue]It's so far away, how do you suggest we get to the other side..?[/color]

[color=teal]Well, there are some vines on the other side, I suppose if I jumped I could reach them..I think I'll use float for an extra boost as well. Hold on.[/color]

[i]Cecil, still with haste on, took a huge leap from the cliff, and at the peak of his jump casted float, which gave him an extra boost. He grabbed onto a nearby vine, as float quickly ran off, and huge from it.[/i]

[color=blue]Alright! You did it![/color]

[i]Cecil gave Rinoa a thumbs up, then pulled himself up the vine slowly. Before he could reach the other cliff top though, the vine started to move, and wrapped around him slowly but tightly.

Cecil's eyes widened, and the vine tightned it's grip on him, then started to slam him against the wall of the tree.[/i]

[color=teal]GAHH! retched...vine![/color]

[color=blue]Cecil! Oh....CRAP! What do I do?! If I cut the vine with my weapon..CECIL![/color]

[i]With his free hand, Cecil took the vine and squeezed it hard, trying to weaken it. He was also screaming at it, even if it couldn't hear, he knew voices can be painful and effective.

Rinoa watched in terror, having no idea what to do as Cecil struggled with this monstrous vine. Suddenly, the vine stopped moving, and unwrapped itself from Cecil.

Before it could regain it's strength, Cecil hastely climbed up it, and threw himself onto the cliff edge[/i]

[color=teal]Few...that was...very strange. Alright, Rinoa, I'm going to cast float on your, and you will have to make it to the vine as well. Then, I will pull you up.[/color]

[color=blue]Right...ok, here I go![/color]

[i]Rinoa jumped as far as she could through the air, and as she reached her peak of the jump, Cecil casted Float on her. She made her way to a vine, not quite as close to the ledge as Cecil's, and held on tightly.[/i]

[color=blue]A...alright, I'm ready to be helped up now![/color]

[color=teal]Right, I'm going to reach down for you, you'll have to swing the vine towards me a bit.[/color]

[i]As Rinoa started to swing the vine cautiously, Cecil reach down for her, but was suddenly stopped. A vine had wrapped around his neck, pulling him back, and choking him slowly.[/i]

[color=teal]N..not again! These...vines must..have..ghhgah![/color]

[i]Cecil reached for his sword, but yet another vine wrapped itself around his wrists, pinning his arms to his side[/i]

[color=blue]Not again...Cecil! Don't worry, I'm going to help this time![/color]

[i]Rinoa looked around herself nervously, trying to see anything to stand on nearby, anything at all, but there was nothing but the ground hundreds of yards below her.

Suddenly, she remembered she still had float on...[/i]

[color=blue]This better work...hold on Cecil![/color]

[i]Cecil gagged and struggled with the vines, as Rinoa was about to go through with her plan. She took a deep breath, then let go of the vine, grabbed her Blaster Edge, and shot it at the vines around Cecil.

It cut straight through them, and while turning back, stuck into the tree. Rinoa was falling, but slowly because of the float, so she grabbed onto what little vine she could, and once again held on tightly.[/i]

[color=teal]G..good job..thankyou Rinoa..[/color]

[i]Cecil took a great deal of air, then reached down as far as he could for Rinoa.

She started to climb the vine, and then to swing it towards Cecil. He was able to grab onto it, then onto her arm and pull her up.[/i]

[color=blue]Phew....wow...I can't believe we made it through that..teamwork...worked wonderfully didn't it?[/color]

[color=teal]Indeed it did a "wonderful" job.[/color]

[i]They both smiled and laughed, then Cecil stood up, helping Rinoa up as a gentleman should, and they ventured off, nearing the top of the Lifa Tree.[/i]

OoC: YAY! Finally, a full pair has posted!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Auron was blinded for a moment by the fresh sunlight that filtered down through the branches of the Iifa tree. He placed his sword on the lip of the tunnel, then pulled himself up out of it.
[color=orange]"Little help?"[/color]
Auron twisted around to see Zidane squinting up at him. Submuri had brought them through a large passageway that had led them up the trunk of the Iifa tree and out near the very top. Strangely enough, nothing had bothered them in the tunnel; Auron decided to take that for the good--it left them massive amounts of energy to take on whatever was waiting for them to dispose of.
Submuri provided a boost for Zidane and spoke. "The top is just over there. If you will just defeat the monster, we can be free again." He crouched back into the entrance of the tunnel, huddling down as if the sunlight was hurting him.
Auron looked down to him. [color=crimson]"Are you all right, Submuri?"[/color]
Submuri covered his eyes with a decorated hood he had brought along and nodded. "I have just spent so much time inside the tree..."
A vomit-inducing screech tore through the air, and both warriors whirled about to face their opponent.
[color=orange]"Here we go..."[/color]

Auron sized up the creature. It resembled another Malboro, but this one...the color was of sickly foliage, the stalks and tentacles swiveled about as if in an insane rage, and the teeth--
[color=orange]"Um, Auron?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes?"[/color]
[color=orange]"Do you see the limbs sticking out between its teeth?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes."[/color]
A bit of a whine now. [color=orange]"Does that mean we have to stay here and fight?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"[i]Yes.[/i]"[/color]
The eye stalks tilted every which way crazily, then locked onto its targets. Gathering tentacles to itself, the Malboro belched Bad Breath at them. The noxious cloud was small and weak, though, and a vagrant breeze soon brushed it away.
[color=crimson]"What...?"[/color]
[color=orange]"That was weak."[/color] Zidane pulled his daggers out menacingly and grinned. [color=orange]"That's ok, because [i]I'm[/i] strong."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Zidane, wait!"[/color]
The Malboro had gathered its tentacles for another Bad Breath, exposing its tender chin area. Zidane easily drove his twin points into the sickly body, and the Malboro screamed.
Another scream resounded from the tunnel. Submuri climbed out instantly.
"What...what have you [i]done?![/i]"
Zidane was poised over the dying monster, pausing in midmotion of pulling one dagger free. [color=orange]"Um...killing the monster that imprisoned your tribe from being free?"[/color]
"But how--how could you have--no!"
Auron started to inch toward Zidane, watching Submuri warily. Zidane shrugged Submuri's odd behavior off and yanked a dagger free.
Submuri bodily jerked, his hood falling off. Beneath, Submuri's face was a sickly green.
Zidane got wide eyed. [color=orange]"Oh no, don't tell me--we're dealing with some sort of symbiotic relationship here, aren't we?"[/color]
"Aren't you the clever one?" Submuri hissed as he limped toward them, clutching an unseen wound.
[color=orange]"Well, actually, I was hoping to be wrong this time, but--"[/color]
Auron slapped a hand over the garrulous Zidane's mouth and glared at Submuri. [color=crimson]"Why?"[/color]
Submuri laughed haughtily. "You fools have repeatedly come in here, tearing this tree apart, showing no remorse for it or the inhabitants, and you dare ask why?"
Zidane tore himself free of Auron's grip. [color=orange]"Um...yeah."[/color]
Submuri roared angrily and clutched at Zidane, throwing the unfortunate monkey boy into the tunnel. The former Cleyran then shoved Auron aside, climbing into the dead Malboro's mouth.
[color=orange]"OK, that's just gross."[/color]
Auron strode quickly back to the tunnel to pull Zidane out. [color=crimson]"I agree."[/color]
[color=orange]"So what do you suppose his deal is?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"An angry spirit, I surmise. That would explain the safety of the tunnel, the Malboros attacking us. He had hoped the Malboros would have killed us, solving his problem of being discovered. But what has that to do with the winged tribe still in the base of the tree?"[/color]
"What indeed!" Submuri cried.
Auron and Zidane looked to him...and froze.

The Malboro's body had been broken in such a way that its head, now horizontal, resembled a table. Submuri was wedged into the mouth, the massive teeth like a vicious barrier around him. The sickly green was now turning ashy white--some areas of the monster badly withered, resembling a floral skeleton. With a motion of his hand, the ashy white Submuri caused the dead tentacles to rise up and inject themselves into the tree branches around them.
[color=crimson]"He's going to turn the entire Iifa tree against us!"[/color]
The branches began to fade into sickly green, dead leaves falling one by one, then faster, like a rain. Auron glared at Submuri, calculating quickly.
[color=crimson]"We can start off with Bio, to poison him and continually weaken him. If the entire tree is against us, we not only want to counter with Firaga and Blizzaga, but take precautions in terms of our Defense and Attack. Now--"[/color]
[color=orange]"Auron?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Not now, Zidane, I'm trying to get our strategy together."[/color]
[color=orange]"Do you think he's an Undead?"[/color]
[color=crimson]"Yes. Now hush. If I can execute my Tornado before you--"[/color]
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! CURSE YOU, SPAWN OF TERRA!"
Auron looked up in surprise at Submuri's death scream. [color=crimson]"What did you [i]do?![/i]"[/color]
Zidane buffed his nails on his vest. [color=orange]"Let's just say Eiko left me a Phoenix Pinion as a going away present."[/color] He grinned at Auron. [color=orange]"Feeling pretty dumb right about now?"[/color]
The tentacles withdrew from the branches and writhed in midair. In a moment, they twisted into dust and fell to the ground. The Iifa branches regained their healthy color.
Submuri was still screaming as the dead Malboro sank into the ground, twisting harder and harder until the plant was dust as well. The skeletal form of Submuri lay on the ground.
"I was going to stop you...stop you from ruining the tree...for all winged children...my children...my child...ren..." With a sigh, Submuri died. Again.
Auron stepped contemptously past Submuri and pointed. [color=crimson]"The top."[/color]
[color=orange]"GOT IT!"[/color] Zidane bounded the short 1oo yards, waving Auron to follow him.
The pair reached the top; a short moment later, Rinoa and Cecil ran into them.
[color=blue]"No FAIR!"[/color] Rinoa yelled, stomping her foot.
[color=teal]"Is that a dead Burmecian over there?"[/color] Cecil asked.
[color=orange]"Cleyran, actually. Long story."[/color]
[color=crimson]"Remind me to speak to Cid about the hidden tribe when we get back to that airship of his,"[/color] Auron said.
~~~~~~~~
OoC: This post in comic memory of those frelling bosses that looked tough and really [i]could[/i] be killed by tossing a Phoenix Pinion at them.

OOC: Sorry, sorry... Been busy and unable to post for this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]All Sephiroth could think of was to torch their way through but Zell had been insistent that he not. So the only other way he could think of was freeze the vines.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]Bah! Too hell with it! FIRE 3![/COLOR]

[i]A massive ball of fire shot out of Sephiroth's hand and engulfed half of the vines that were attempting to attack the pair. Sephiroth then ran over to the vine that had ahold of Zell and cleanly sliced it in half, he grabbed Zell's arm and hauled the dumbfounded blond behind him up the path. After reaching a bend the two looked down at the massive fireball of vines. Zell looked at Sephiroth with malice.[/i]

[COLOR=orangered]Why the hell did you do that?![/COLOR]

[i]The silver haired man looked at him puzzled.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]Uhhh.. I was saving your hide back there you dumb idiot. Obviously you don't understand the concept of a...[/COLOR]

[i]Before he could finish Zell had slammed his fist into Sephiroth's face and nailed him in the nose causing him to bleed. As the warm river of red liquid trickled down to his mouth Sephiroth looked at Zell with contempt, now he was pissed. And in the blink of an eye Sephiroth had delievered an equally painful blow to Zell in the stomach. As Zell fell to the ground from the pain he saw Sephiroth looking down at him with cold-hearted malice his next words were iced to the bone.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]Never hit me again unless you want your life to end quickly. I was attempting to save you and then you haul off and hit me?! Not a smart move.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]The tree was only acting in self-defense, since you attacked it, it retaliated so really.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]I'd just like to get to the top now and get this thing over with.[/COLOR]

[i]Zell stood up regaining his compsure, and glared at Sephiroth as he walked on up the pathway to the top.[/i]

[i]Cecil and Rinoa were nearly to the top, and only a few yards away from, Auron and Zidane raced ahead of them.[/i]

[color=teal]Hurry! We may be last, and they may be running to get second![/color]

[color=blue]Oh No! I don't want us to get eliminated![/color]

[i]The pair quickly took off after Auron and Zidane. Cecil realized it would take a bit to catch up to them, so he casted haste on himself and Rinoa.

They both charged forward extremly fast, catching up to Auron and Zidane.[/i]

[color=red]What the...[/color]

[color=orange]HELL!?[/color]

[i]Rinoa smiled, and Cecil waved to them, as they sped off towards the top. Cecil's armour had slowed him down slightly, so Rinoa was a bit farther ahead.

Finally, she reached the top just before Cecil, almost turning pale when she saw the view. Cecil ran up to the top, but on his way, tripped over a vine sticking up from the tree, making him fly foward, and straight onto the top.[/i]

[color=teal]Ooff..must watch out for such things...[/color]

[i]Rinoa giggled, and held her hand out to help him up. After they were both up, they walked to the edge of the tree and gazed at the beautiful scenery. Miles of bare land stretched out, and a small village, Madain Sari, sat far across from the tree's base. Beyond the land, there was the ocean, outstreched for miles and miles, never seeming to end.[/i]

[color=blue]Amazing...I didn't think it would be..so beautiful.[/color]

[color=teal]Quite..I didn't expect any such thing either...so many wonders to see from here.[/color]

[i]Though the pair had reached the top, they weren't out of trouble yet..unbeknownst to them, more living vines from the tree started to approach...[/i]

[color=green]*Shudders at her little cuss word in there...*Sorry Des, I know you were planning to post the next one, but I wasn't sure if you were going to make it in time.^^()[/color]

offgame: Okay, the challenge is now officially over. Oh my, this is going to be one tough choosing... I repeat that none of you should get upset if the results do not please you. This IS a game, and I'm the host/judge, so you just have to settle with my decision... :(

Well...
ongame: [color=green]

Sephiroth and Zell finally reached the top of Iifa, where Prima Vista was waiting. The main door in the side of it opened, and Regent Cid stepped out.

Cid: "Nice to see all of you have reached here safe and sound..."
Zidane: "No thanks to you..."
Cid: "I have observed the climb of all of you, and I must say that each of you have shown explicit talent in co-operating. But, as said, speed was the other factor in this challenge. As a reminder, one of the winning pair will be chosen as a captain, while one of the pair that came last will not make it to the individual competition - or to the last three worlds.

Now, to my decisions.
First, the winning team. They worked together in a touching way, minding little of the obstacles in the way. And they came first to the top of this three, though the second pair was just a moment behind them. Thus, I declare that the captain will be chosen between [u]Cecil and Rinoa![/u]

The second team fought hard, but that costed them too much time, putting them in second place. I noticed you made acquintances of the inhabitants of this gargantuan tree, but unfortunately that didn't give you extra points. A pair that has secured their place in the final five: [u]Auron and Zidane![/u]

So, [u]Zell and Sephiroth[/u], the other of you will leave after tonight. Now everybody, let's get inside and head back to Lindblum. There you can cast your votes on the captain of the merged team and the one who doesn't make it to the finals.

Survivors, let us depart!"[/color]

offgame: Now, some of you might have noticed the missing of Zidargh in this challenge, making it seem unfair that Ginny came in second place all by herself. But the situation was that Zidargh is in a vacation, and couldn't post here during this challenge. Ginny was clever enough to inform me, and I agreed that she could do this challenge by herself. So no grudges, please!

Now, to the voting: as said, you can choose the captain for the merged team ONLY from between Desbreko and Mei (so no voting for others, okay?). Likewise, you can evict either Braidless or Domon, nobody else. I remind you that the captain of the merged team will get to choose the name and the color of the team (preferably completely new ones). So, it is time to vote.

After that, we will head to completely different world.

Everyone sits around quietly.
The room is silent.
Zidane's tail swishes in rhythmn.
Soon, Cecil starts to tap his fingers against his armor, in time with Zidane's tail.
In a moment, Zell, grinning, has started to loudly hum the "Jeopardy theme".
Sephiroth slowly, threateningly, draws out his Masamune, scraping the tip against the floor in a hinting manner.
Everyone sits around quietly.
The room is silent once more.
~~~~~~~~~
[size=6][b][color=red]Don't forget to vote! We can't move on until everyone votes![/color][/b][/size]
(And don't forget Zidargh is on vacation still, I guess.)

offgame: Heh, you sure know how to remind people, Gin. ;) I still need Domon's an Zidargh's votes. The evicted one is clear now, but the captain is still unsure. I will get back to you when there has been a conclusion.