OtakuBoards

<<<Final Fantastic Survivor>>>

Sandy

OOC: If you haven't played much of FFIV, you probably won't get the end of this post. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[color=teal]"Black Chocobos fly in my world,"[/color] Cecil spoke up. [color=teal]"So we'll have a flying Chocobo there, too, since we've got Shadow."[/color]
[color=orange]"Really?"[/color] asked Zidane. [color=orange]"Wow, what do gold Chocobos do in your world, then?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Heh, there are no gold Chocobos where I come from. There's just normal yellow, white, and black. Yellow can walk overland, white ones will restore your magic points but aren't good for riding, and black fly."[/color]
[color=orange]"Can the black ones only land in forests, like gold ones in my world?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Yes, it's the same in my world. That can be both a pro and a con, though, since airships can't land in forests.
"I remember back when me and my friends had to get a Crystal back from the Dark Elf. The island he lived on, well, more like in, since he lived down in a cave, was completely covered in mountains and forest. So, since we couldn't land the Enterprise (our airship at the time) there, we had to get some black Chocobos to fly us over. And once we were in the cave, matters only got worse. Inside that cave the Dark Elf had cast a spell making it so any metallic objects became so heavy that you could hardly lift them, let alone use them. So we had to make do with mainly leather armor and staffs, and let me tell you, that was hard, since there were some pretty nasty ogres in that cave..."[/color]
And on Cecil went, telling the story of their fight with the Dark Elf.
[color=darkblue]"Interesting story,"[/color] said Auron after Cecil had finished.
[color=teal]"Yes indeed. Music can be a powerful thing."[/color]

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Zidane listened to Cecil's story in great interest which followed by him about to state a story, but Freya immediately prolonged it.

[COLOR=orange]''Really? Wow, well on Gaia where I'm from we...''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=crimson]''Just don't start Zidane, please.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange]''Oh why not? You have the same story as I do.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=crimson]''Because you always seem to extend the truth.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange]''Point taken. Hey, should we collect some food for the chocobos we have?''[/COLOR]

Cecil overheard and was very fond of the idea.

[COLOR=teal]''That is a very good idea. We should collect some food, and perhaps train the chocobos in case we need them in the future.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo]''That sounds correct, I presume we should let the chocobos rest from all the excitement though. But what you are all forgetting is that we have to let some be set free.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]''Oh thank summons. Them chewing on my bangs is becoming painful.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange]''What the? Hmm fine, I guess its for the best. Perhaps Freya should do it.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo]''Yes, she has become very attached to them, so I think it is fair that she should direct them.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]''Whatever, as long as they're gone.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange]''Okay Freya, Cecil will ride the Golden Chocobo which will lead the others with it. Okay?''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal]''That sounds like the best idea. Its up to you Freya.''[/COLOR]

[COLOR=crimson]''Thankyou all. Erm, I shall follow them.''[/COLOR]

As the atmosphere saddened, the group watched Cecil and Freya journey over to the chocobos. Freya although upset, was thinking that it was best to let the chocobos they had to go, so they can live.[/SIZE]

offgame: Sorry Tantalus, but I only agreed on keeping the Golden Chocobo. The others must go... Sorry :(

And I've received THREE PM's thus far from Avalanche, but since they all have the same votes, I think I can announce the results now (the other two can't really change anything, so...)

[color=blue]After everybody had cast their votes, the unhappy team Avalanche sat down to hear the results.

Cid: "This is it, guys. After this you will have only four people in your team. I'll tell the votes.

First the captain. Let's see... okay, the captain of Avalanche is: [u]Cloud[/u]. So you will get to keep your position. Apparently the team was happy with you.

Then the person to be evicted."

Rinoa and Rikku looked each other anxiously. They reckoned that the men considered them as the weakest links.

Cid: "The first person voted out from Avalanche is: [u]Rikku[/u]. Sorry girl, but you will now have to stay with me here, while the rest of you may now return to your airship."[/color]

offgame: So, Calumon_Luver, you are now entitled to make one last "goodbye-post", if you want to.

I will return soon to announce the next challenge (the last one in this world ;) ).

[color=orange]"Whew, one less Avalancher to worry about!"[/color]
Auron's sword point clanged dangerously close to Zidane's tail tip, and the monkey boy jumped back. [color=orange]"Hey, watch it, Aurie!"[/color]
With a smooth motion, Auron hoisted his sword back over his shoulder. Freya joined Zidane, and the pair watched Auron stalk to the back of the Cargo Ship. Before Zidane could say anything else, Freya clapped a hand over his mouth.
[color=orange]"Qunnt!"[/color]
[color=red]"You quit it. If you were any good at reading body language, Auron's is just screaming for you to back off and have a little sensitivity."[/color]
[color=orange]"Auron? Sensitive?"[/color] Zidane jerked a thumb in the Crimson Warrior's direction. [color=orange]"I wasn't aware he had feelings."[/color]
[color=purple]"Looks can be deceiving. I should know."[/color]
Cecil listened to the trio for a minute, then quietly walked over to Auron. [color=teal]"Room for one more?"[/color]
Auron blinked his good eye at the Paladin.
[color=teal]"I can always offer to hold Zidane down while you beat him, heh."[/color]
[color=darkblue]"Hmmpph..."[/color] Auron grunted in response.
[color=teal]"Listen, if it makes you feel any better, I'm the only one left from my world, too."[/color]
[color=darkblue]"Ah, but you didn't watch your team mates from your home world get kicked off."[/color]
[color=teal]"You [i]do[/i] care about them!"[/color]
[color=darkblue]"No,"[/color] the Crimson Warrior snorted in indignation, [color=darkblue]"I'm just dishonored by how quickly my 'people' were removed. That much more pressure for me to live up to."[/color]
Cecil suppressed an urge to roll his eyes. [color=teal]"Auron, my man, you have feelings. Don't bother hiding them."[/color]
Auron just hmph'ed again, ignoring Cecil until he walked away. The Crimson Warrior permitted himself a tiny yet sad smile for Rikku and Tidus, then walked back to the rest of the Tantulus team.
[color=darkblue]"Who's up for the next challenge?"[/color]
~~~~~~~~~
OoC: This really really long post is just a really really long way of me saying...
Bye Kayla! :bawl: It was fun having you! :cool:

offgame: Well, though C_L hasn't posted her buh-bye-post yet, I think we can move on to the next challenge.

Once again both teams got onto Highwind.

Cid: "There is only nine contestants left now, but the game is only in the beginning. It is time for the next challenge, which is also eviction-type. So, after this contest, one of you will be headed home again.

Well, the name of the game is: [u]Gold Saucer Quarthlon![/u]

We are now headed to the most amazing amusement park in the whole universe: The Gold Saucer. Team Tantalus has been there once already, but so has few of the members of Avalanche.

Now I will tell you what to do: You will separate into FOUR pairs, each consisting a member from both teams. Because Tantalus has five members, one of them has to skip the challenge.

The Quarthlon will take place in four places around the Gold Saucer:
In Battle Square (fight the monsters there),
in Chocobo Race (win the race),
in Shooting Coaster (shoot the objects),
and in Event Square (act!).

Both of the teams will now have time to decide who will go to which place. You have to ANNOUNCE it to me before starting. In each place the two contestants will compete against each other, and the winner team will be the one with most wins from the districts. If it is a tie, then the captains will have to do one of the tasks again against each other, until we have a winner team.

Are the rules clear? You can now start pondering who will do which task. (And remember that one of the Tantalus will have to skip this one!)

We will arrive to Gold Saucer shortly, so Survivors, ready? GO!!!"

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]OOC: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SAGE- Okay, as you asked the teams to announce Sage, I found it as team captain to post as an announcement, rather than an Role Play.

I'd like the credit to go most of it's way to Ginnylyn, this is as her efforts into PMing everyone was very kind. So Ginnylyn thought of this and I decided: -

[B]Battle Square:[/B][COLOR=indigo]'Auron'[/COLOR]

[B]Chocobo Race:[/B][COLOR=orange]'Zidane'[/COLOR]

[B]Rollercoaster Blasting:[/B][COLOR=teal]'Freya/Cecil'[/COLOR] This is going to be decided by who posts if they want to be on the rollercoaster first, basically, 'First come- first served'.

[B]Event Square:[/B] (Holds in laughter)[COLOR=purple]'Sephiroth'[/COLOR] (I'm sorry, this is going to be very amusing).

----

Okay, I hope that is okay with everyone. If you have a problem about any of these, just PM me and I'll change.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=purple]"Me? Acting?"[/color] Sephiroth looked uncharacteristically perturbed, to the point of nervous.
[color=orange]"Sure, you'll be fine. Why, I've seen...seen...s...a HA HA HAAAAA!!!"[/color] Zidane had lost it halfway through his second sentence and was rolling on the ground with laughter. [color=orange]"Oh oh oh man, Seph's got the personality of a cardboard cutout, oh PLEASE say we can watch him!"[/color]
[color=red]"Excuse us a moment."[/color] Freya dragged the Captian away by his tail.
Cecil, Sephiroth, and Auron exchanged glances. [color=darkblue]"Your cardboard cutout is probably better than mine,"[/color] Auron chuckled kindly.
[color=orange]"That sounded dirty,"[/color] Zidane said as he returned, holding his tail with one hand and rubbing his backside with the other.
[color=teal]"Freya, I'm making a run for the rollercoaster now! Better run before I beat you to it!"[/color]
A flash of red and white zipped past Cecil and he gaped as Freya called back, [color=red]"Say again? I can't hear you--I'm on my way to the rollercoaster!"[/color]
[color=darkblue]"I'll see all of you after the Arena tournament,"[/color] Auron said.
[color=orange]"Good luck! I'm gonna go grab Woeby--that way I can win the Chocobo race for sure!"[/color]
Sephiroth watched everyone leave, then quietly wandered to the Theater area.
~~~~~~
OoC: In order to finish the "Quarthlon" page, I need each team to let me know what they are doing, and soon please. :)

OoC: Question--does Rikku being with Cid affect the game at all? Antherwords, will she have any further effect in the game or...*is confuzzled* Heh, 'cause you make it sound like...*is [i]very[/i] confuzzled*

Or is this just natch Survivor, and when Rikku is gone, she's gone?

*waves to C_l* Bye, darlin'!

Cecil stared off in the direction that Freya went. [color=teal]"Well, there goes my chances for [i]that,[/i]"[/color] he said as he watched Freya disappear through one of the chutes leading to the Speed Square. [color=teal]"Hey, Sephiroth, I take it you aren't too thrilled to be the one doing the Event Square activity, right?"[/color]
[color=purple]"What are you getting at?"[/color] Sephiroth asked.
[color=teal]"I wouldn't mind taking your place,"[/color] replied Cecil. [color=teal]"You know, the 'knight in shining armor,' heh."[/color]

OoC: sage, are you controlling how the different areas work? After all, godmodding is evil.
And Avalanche, [i][b]please don't quit posting on us![/b][/i] This RPG is getting good, but if you give up, the spirit of the game just gonna collapse. Please PLEASE make an effort to post.
~~~~~
Auron quietly entered the arena, his booted steps ringing hollowly in the empty room. He gripped his Masamune's handle and peered about the Square with his good eye. Now to await Avalanche's fighter.

offgame: Actually, Rikku stayed at Highwind only because Cid had to take her home. So she is no longer part of this game. (Hey, I couldn't just zap her away! ;) )

And Ginny, I won't meddle with your posts none what-so-ever. :D I'm the one who makes the decision who won, anyhow. So post well, and maybe I'll choose you. ;)

I hope everybody got the idea: I will go through each of the four pairs individually, judging them all, and then I'll count the results, and the team with most wins (it takes three out of four) will win. If it's a two-two situation, then the captains will take a match on one of the four categories, which ever they choose.

So, you can't win by not posting, folks! ;)

OOC: Hey, I'm still here (after several days away - sorry about that) ^_^ Avalanche is not dead - I'm just waiting for Tasis to post our positions before I post anything decisive.

IC:
The new challenge had been announced and Tantalus had already disappeared to their respective places. Shooting a curious glance at Cloud, Zell saw that their captain was thinking hard.
[color=orangered]"Hey, if it helps I'm up for acting or fighting,"[/color] Zell suggested, watching Cloud continue to mull things over in his mind.
[color=indigo]"You? Fighting?"[/color]
Zell grinned, deciding to take the disbelief at a comedic value. [color=orangered]"Hey, don't say I can't fight my way out of a tough spot. I've managed it before."[/color]
Zack, this time, opened his mouth to speak, but Rinoa got there first quelling a clipped comeback before it had time to be said. [color=blue]"Come on Cloud, we have to decide what we're going to do."[/color]
Cloud nodded quietly, seeming to have come to a decision.

[SIZE=1]OOC: Attack of the poetry homework. I'm done now ^^;; If you want anything changed, PM me.
~~~
[b][color=indigo]Cloud:[/color][/b] Alright, i've decided.
Zell, you seem to have the most enthusiasm toward acting, so you'll go ahead and do that.
Rinoa, i know ya like chocobo's, so i'll leave that to you.
Zack, you ok with the shooting game?
Obviously i want to do the battle, i saw Auron going down there... i'd love a chance at him.

[b]Zack:[/b] I'm fine with that!

[color=orangered][b]Zell:[/color][/b] Good. Good.

Here Zell made a few experimental expressions.

[b][color=blue]Rinoa:[/color][/b] Okay!

They each went down the respective tunnels. Cloud saw Auron waiting for him. He slowly drew his sword and stepped on at the opposite side of the arena.[/SIZE]

[b]OOC:[/b] Sorry Domon - I have nothing against you, just the only time Zell and Sephy met was a little tense at best so... y'know, sorry and all that ^_^

[b]IC:[/b]
[color=orangered]"WOOO!!"[/color] cried Zell, setting off for the theatre at a sprint, leaving the rest of the team watching him with comic expressions.
"Is he gonna be okay?"
[color=blue]"Oh my... I hope he doesn't hurt himself..."[/color]
Cloud watched, mildly amused. [color=indigo]"He'll be fine, let's go."[/color]
With his words team Avalanche dispersed to their respective challenges.

Finally, slightly breathless, Zell made it to the theatre, and stepped in, glancing about a little nervously. [color=orangered]"Helloooo?"[/color]
Sephiroth's gaze was cold as he glanced at the blonde. Zell started upon seeing the arch-villan, remembering their first encounter all too well. [color=orangered]"Oh, I'm acting against you, am I?"[/color]
[color=purple]"Apparently so."[/color]
Zell's expression was less than enthused. [color=orangered]"Well, yippee..."[/color]
Sephiroth raised an eyebrow in amusement. [color=purple]"I can see you're estatic."[/color]
[color=orangered]"Sure I am, you have no idea."[/color]
Sephiroth paused for a few moments before stepping forward a little. [color=purple]"Well, shall we begin?"[/color]
[color=orangered]"Go on, I'll let you go first."[/color]
Spehiroth smirked slightly at the challenge. [color=purple]"Gladly."[/color]

offgame: Domon, the idea ISN'T to follow what happened in the games. You must use your own imagination. In your case, you will take the stage that has what ever setting you choose and make a performance (still keeping up your role as Sephiroth). Zell will do the same, or then you can act in the same play, trying to spoil each other's efforts. Just amuse me, and I might choose you to be the winner! ;)

OOC: I know I left it to you Domon, but *sniggers* I just had to, it just struck me! I'll let you pick the scene ^_^ *chuckles*

IC:
"Excuse me?"
Blinking, Zell turned from Sephiroth to look at a slightly balding man with a clipboard in his hand. [color=orangered]"Yeah?"[/color]
"You two here for Survivor?"
The two nodded slightly.
"Well it says here you two gotta perform scenes of your choice from Romeo and Juliet." He paused slightly, looking from one shocked contestant to the other. "It's Shakespeare and-"
[color=purple]"I know who wrote it!"[/color] barked Sephiroth sharply.
The man paled a few shades. "Well uhh, it says here that [color=red]Tantalus[/color] has to play Romeo and [color=blue]Avalanche[/color] is playing Juliet."
Zell looked to Sephiroth, blushing beet red. [color=orangered]"I don't [i]believe[/i] this! How come I have to play the chick?!"[/color]
Sephiroth alowed himself a smirk at Zell's obvious embarassment. Although, he was a little worried at having to play Romeo opposite the blonde. [color=purple]"Well, shall we?"[/color]

[b]As the team ran off to their, Rinoa ran off to her chocobo racing. She arrived, and saw Zidane there, so decided to walk over and say hi.[/b]

[color=blue]Hey Zidane, right?[/color]

[b]Rinoa put her hand on his shoulder, and he jumped around frantic, quite surprised at her.[/b]

[color=orange]Wha...WHAT?!? OH, it's you, hi![/color]

[color=blue]Well I DO have a name ya know, it's Rinoa![/color]

[color=orange]I err...was just about to say that![/color]

[b]Zidane smiled innocently, hoping to get on Rinoa's good side for at least this challenge, even if he didn't really have to.[/b]

[color=blue] Ahh...if I would have known this would be our next challenge I would have tried harder....poor Goldie...out in thew ild by herself![/color]

[color=orange]I'm sure she's fine, and you still have a chance of winning...[size=1]Pft...yeah right...heheh...I'm so smooth.[/size][/color]

[color=blue]What was that? Did you say something?[/color]

[color=orange]Ah..no no....of course not! Just thinking about how beautiful you are.[/color]

[color=blue]Hmm...right...[/color]

[b]Rinoa smiled a bit, knowing that he was lying, but still amused by his antics. She then walked off towards the counter, deciding to go ahead and get herself a chocobo.[/b]

[size=1]
Zack slowly paced his way towards the Speed Square. It had been a good couple of years since he had last played here, and he had heard that they had re-done the Square on a massive scale once back about five years ago, and had begun to re-style it again this year. He silently wondered to himself what the inside would look like now. He pushed open one of the double-doors, and the coloured lights inside flooded his view completely.

[b]'!!!!'[/b]

He noticed Freya was also there in front of him. She was also peering about the room, a hand covering her eyes from the bright neon multi-coloured lights.

[b]'Hey..'[/b]

She turned around.[b]

'Looks like I'm up against you, hehe..'[/b]

She said nothing. So Zack decided to follow suit. He walked over to the counter, Freya following close behind.

[b][color=deeppink]'Sir, are you part of the Survivor challenge?'[/color]

'Yep'[/b]

He gestured towards Freya, indicating that she was with him.

[b][color=deeppink]'Sir.. madam... right this way, please..'[/b][/color]

The woman from behind the counter led the two to what seemed to look like a single ground-mounted roller coaster carriage. Zack and Freya, both quite puzzled, sat down in bewilderment.

The woman began to explain.

[b][color=deeppink]'We at Gold Saucer value our customers very highly, as as such, we have recently gone to extra measures to make our rides extra safe. This means that our previous virtual speed-round roller coaster ride has been replaced with a new and improved (and safer) vrtual speed-round roller coaster ride [i]simulator[/i]!'[/b][/color]

Freya twitched. Zack twitched. The woman from behind the counter had already been twitching from ebfore their arrival...

---
Teh psychotic o_O[/size]

[b][size=1]
It'll be like it should've been before, lol.
The only thing is, we're not really on a rollercoaster... just on a moving simulator, wearing headgear and stuff.
(So instead of aiming at virtual targets on a real rollercoaster, we'll be shooting at virtual targets on a virtual rollercoaster)
-.-[/b]

Silly advancing technology ¬.¬[/size]