OtakuBoards

<<<Final Fantastic Survivor>>>

Sandy

OOC: Uhhh..Sorry ^^;; Got home late. *sulks in corner*
---------------------------------------------------------------------

[i]Sephiroth looked at the black Chocobo, his great female chocobo practically hissed scornfully at the newcomer. Seph, as he had excepted this new nickname chuckled at his chocobo, he'd actually didn't have to do that much hunting to find her, she was pretty easy to get and she tamed easily. But the funny thing was her attitude towards the other chocobos, she acted like the Matriarc and the rest did what she said. It was rather funny to watch. And when she got mad the old saying he had heard before came up in his mind. "Hell hath no fury like a woman chocobo scorned."

The ebony chocobo trotted up to Sephiroth and its owner tipped his hat and then saw who he was speaking too.[/i]

Uhhh..Oh..Are you..No..You're dead...You must be mascot.

[COLOR=purple]Yes, that's it. I'm a mascot riding a chocobo. Heh. That's an impressive animal. But, our chocobo team is impressive as well, I believe it will be a great race for all of us.[/COLOR]

Agreed. Well I guess I better get into position.

[i]He rode off to the starting line with his mount and got ready Zidane then took up the starting position as well.[/i]
---------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, not much time to post.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]OOC: Sorry guys, it seems we do move incredibly fast in posting, hehe. The reason there is such a difference in my posts on time to yours is as I live in England, and the time differences affect it all. I hope you understand.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
----------------------
[SIZE=1]Zidane readied himself on his chocobo while glaring in synchronization with his chocobo at Joe who had a cocky smirk on his face. However, Zidane feeling a bit nervous started talking to his chocobo which left Zidane with a higher morale.

[COLOR=orange][B]''Okay, we can do this Woeby. Don't let that other chocobo get to you okay? I'm depending on you to make it big, and don't worry, you'll be getting a share if you do this. Just wait for that big sound, and we're off!''[/B][/COLOR]

Woeby, being Zidane's chocobo, let out a large ''WARK!'' which let Zidane know that he was being listened to. Woeby began to aggressively scratch the ground underneath himself to prepare. Joe however, grinned and watched Zidane.

[B]''Talking to our Chocobo's are we?''[/B]

[COLOR=orange][B]''Hey back off. You may be an expert at this, but I can bet you that you'll find yourself biting the dust!''[/B][/COLOR]

[B]''Hmm, we'll see about that.''[/B]

[COLOR=teal][B]''Zidane, seriously, this guy looks good. He's going to be a challenge to us all.''[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]''The biggest challenge for me is going to be able to get around this track without falling off.''[/B][/COLOR]

Zidane began to stare at Freya on her Chocobo and had a large grin on his face.

[COLOR=crimson][B]''What!?''[/B][/COLOR]

Zidane laughed histarically at the image of Freya trying to ride the chocobo. After this, a host stood up with an air pistol, and shot it into the air, hence, signalling the Chocobo's to start.

[COLOR=orange][B]''What the!? RUN WOEBY RUN![/B][/COLOR]

Everyone's Chocobo's trampled the neon dirt below them and started to charge in a Northern direction. Who will win this race? Well, obviously Joe, but maybe the others.[/SIZE]

It wasn't long before Cecil and Freya's mounts fell behind.
[color=darkblue]"Don't worry!"[/color] Auron called behind him. [color=darkblue]"As long as one of us makes it, it's all--OOOMMPPF!"[/color]
Auron had fallen off of his mount. With his dignity far more injured than his body, he hoisted himself off the ground with his sword, and walked his mount off the track and out of the way of the other racers.
Joe tipped his hat to the remaining two, then threw it at Sephiroth's mount. With an ear piercing WARK! she snapped and hissed, then faltered...and tripped, her momentum carrying her far before she hit the ground.
[color=orange]"HEY! That's CHEATING!"[/color]
"What e'er it takes ta win, mate!"
On the ground, Sephiroth's Great Female hissed again, a deadly warning to the Black Chocobo if she ever met it alone in a dark alley.
It was coming down to the finish line. Zidane was pushing Woeby dangerously hard, and she began to gulp air and stretch her strides. Joe smirked again, and chuckled to Teioh, who WARKed and picked up speed.
[color=orange]"Woeby, don't slow down!"[/color] Zidane urged. It was no use...Woeby was tiring out.
[color=orange]"Woeby, come [i]on![/i] We need you to win!"[/color] Zidane pleaded.
"Warrrrk..."
Zidane crumbled his reins in helpless rage at Joe, then tugged at them.
[color=orange]"Are you going to let a cheater win, Woeby?"[/color]
"Wark...?"
[color=orange]"Of COURSE not! And when we win, not only will you eat Greens every day for the rest of your life, but your children's children will happily be beating up on that loser! Now is that something to shoot for or what?"[/color]
At first, Woeby still dragged.
Then her head shot up, her eyes sparkled, and with a tremendous "WARK!", she shot ahead, caught up with Teioh, [i]passed him,[/i] and won!
Joe and Teioh were a split second behind them, and Joe gaped. "Ain't never seen that before."
[color=orange]"Well, you have now."[/color]

[COLOR=deeppink]Rikku needed to find a Chocobo. But since she is a little..O.o She forgot what kind.

Rikku: Or was I suppossed to find a nut?

Rikku was very confused when she came across a Chocobo. she couldn't tell what it was. But it was very big and was a female. She hopped on and rode it back to find someone else part of the Avalanches. She found Zell and a chocobo.

Zell: Rikku what are you doing with that bird!?
Rikku: I got it for us.
Zell: Too bad that I have a Great Female!! And you are on one too!
Rikku: ..Ermmm...So?
Zell: We don't have enough gil to keep another one. We just need enough to complete this challenge.
Rikku: I'll just set her free...

Rikku got off and let her run around. Rikku went out to find a Good Male, while she noticed that the Great Female started to follow her. She ran back to Zell.

Rikku: We might as well keep this one..It is following me..

Zell walked around trying to catch it. But it just followed Rikku.He stopped and noticed the two Chocobos fawning over Rikku.

Zell: So the Al Bheds got a way with the birds...this could come in handy....;)

Rikku not hearing anything that Zell was saying just pat the birds and talked to them.[/COLOR]

OOC: *cough* You still need to update my Cecil gif on the site, Ginny. I posted a new one (new animation for it) in the thread in Sprite Central. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[color=teal]"Good race, eh?"[/color] Cecil said to Auron.
[color=darkblue]"Hmph,"[/color] he replied, and glared at the Chocobo that he had been riding.
[color=purple]"We won, though."[/color]
[color=red]"Barely. I'm surprised Zidane pulled that off."[/color]
[color=orange]"Hah, guess I'm just a natural."[/color] At this remark, the whole group rolled their eyes. [color=orange]"What?!"[/color]
[color=teal]"Nothing,"[/color] replied Cecil, trying not to laugh. [color=teal]"Lets just get these birds back to the Chocobo Ranch so we can start breeding."[/color]
[color=purple]"Yes, we haven't got any time to lose."[/color]
All five of them quickly strode back to the Cargo Ship, leading their birds behind, and Cecil lifted off from the Gold Saucer heading east. Zidane came up on deck and stood next to Cecil as he flew the ship.
[color=orange]"Clunky old thing, isn't she?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Yeah, but at least she still flies."[/color]
[color=orange]"Hey, can I fly for a bit?"[/color]
[color=teal]"We're already headed straight for the Chocobo Ranch, not much to do besides hold the wheel steady and keep an eye on things."[/color]
[color=orange]"Oh come on,"[/color] Zidane pleaded.
[color=teal]"Oh, fine,"[/color] Cecil said, and stepped to the side as Zidane took hold of the wheel. Just in case, though, Cecil stuck his left boot down in between two of the handles on the wheel near the deck to prevent Zidane from making any hard turns. [color=teal]"Having fun, then?"[/color]
[color=orange]"It'd be more fun if the wheel wasn't locked in place."[/color]
Cecil chuckled, and removed his boot. [color=teal]"Fine, you can fly the rest of the way to the Chocobo Ranch. Just try not to hit the barn when you land."[/color]
[color=orange]"Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not like I've never flown before."[/color]
Cecil just shook his head and climbed down to the cargo hold where the Chocobos were being kept. He walked over to the Chocobo he had nicknamed Rosa, the Good female that he had ridden in the race, and stroked her neck.
[color=darkblue]"I thought you were supposed to be flying,"[/color] Auron said when he noticed Cecil.
[color=teal]"Yeah, I--"[/color]
Cecil was cut off by Freya, who interjected with, [color=red]"You didn't let Zidane fly, did you?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Oh, come on, how bad could it be? We're on a straight course for the Chocobo Ranch."[/color]
Freya sighed and muttered, [color=red]"Probably not for long, though."[/color]
As it turned out, Zidane did actually just continue on with the set course, and he made a safe landing at the Chocobo Ranch. After the first pair of birds were let out into the stables, to be gotten ready to breed, Cecil climbed back aboard the Cargo Ship.
[color=darkblue]"Where are you off to?"[/color] asked Auron.
[color=teal]"Off to get a Zeio Nut or two. I only got Carob Nuts before."[/color]
[color=darkblue]"Ah, I see. We need a Zeio Nut to breed a Gold Chocobo from a Black and a Wonderful."[/color]
[color=teal]"Yeah, I won't be gone long. Breed some good Chocobos with the Carob Nuts while I'm gone,"[/color] he said, and prepared the airship for takeoff.

[size=1]OOC: C_L, if you'd read my post, you'd of known we flew back to the stables, Braidless Baka just posted that cause i left him(or her ^^;; ) open to do so. "Flying over Mideel they could see Zell, wrestling with a great Female" Then i stated we left for the ranch, BB just posted what happened, and Rikku was no where near Zell in the first place >.>[/size]

OoC: Done and done, Brek. ^_~
~~~~~~~~~~
[color=red]"Awwwwwwww...."[/color]
[color=orange]"Oh please..."[/color]
The baby Blue and Green Chocobos peeked their heads out of their eggshells, and chirped in high pitched voices. Auron held a Green above their heads, and the babies, though not able to eat it yet, nonetheless attempted to chew on it.
Woeby was sitting quietly in her stall, warbling forlornly to herself. Zidane, a little disgusted by the image of Freya gushing ove the babies, joined her. [color=orange]"What's wrong, ol' girl?"[/color]
Woeby warked sadly, tilting her head toward the empty stalls next to her. The other Chocobos the Tantalus team had caught were outside in the free range area. Pretty soon, they would be released back into the wild.
[color=orange]"Ah, you miss them, doncha?"[/color]
Woeby lowered her great head sadly in response.
[color=purple]"You--!"[/color]
Zidane looked up at the sudden yell from Sephiroth, which was followed by laughter from Freya and Auron. The two new chicks had mistaken Sephiroth's bangs for Greens, and had attempted to nibble them, rendering Sephiroth's reputation as a cold hearted killer nearly null and void. In a last ditch effort to maintain dignity, he scraped the pair off and glared at them.
With heartfelt peeps, the pair quickly waddled their way to the stalls...and next to Woeby's large, scaly feet.
"Wark?"
"[size=1]Wark Wark![/size]"
"WARK!"
Sephiroth raced over, whether to check on the birds or threaten them more, no one knew. He stopped at the sight of the babies by Woeby's feet. Freya and Auron joined him; Zidane looked at Woeby and noted her motherly look.
[color=orange]"Whaddaya think, Woeby? They'll need you for a tad bit, you know, show 'em the ropes and all. Still lonely?"[/color]
Woeby took a Green and offered it to the Green (Reald) and Blue (Saffa) chicks.
[color=red]"Heh, Cecil'll get a kick out of this when he returns,"[/color] Freya commented.
Zidane just traded a grin with Woeby. It was all good.

OOC: Thanks, Ginny. I like the new animation a lot more. (Took me about 45 minutes instead of about 10 minutes like the first one).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cecil cruised along the calm waves of the ocean, heading north toward goblin island. He circled the small island once, looking it over, and then set the ship down near a forested area in the center of the island. Looking around the open area, he didn't see anything but grass and beach, so he headed into the forest. After walking for a few minutes, he stopped and looked around. A few beams of light were shining down through the canopy of trees, providing a little light, but other than that is was pretty dark.
[i][color=teal]Well, where do I get a Zeio Nut?[/color][/i] he thought as he looked around. [i][color=teal]I had to get the Carob Nuts from an enemy, but I don't see any enemies around here.[/color][/i] Suddenly, Cecil was thrown forward onto the ground by a small but powerful impact. Quickly jumping up and drawing his sword, he slashed back towards where the blow had come from as he turned around. There stood a little brown goblin with what looked like boxing gloves on.
[color=teal]"Come here, you little squirt,"[/color] said Cecil and dashed towards the monster. The goblin turned and ran away, making a noise that Cecil could have sworn was laughing. [color=teal]"Oh, that's it,"[/color] he said. [color=teal]"Haste!"[/color] yelled Cecil, and a white glowed played across him for about a second. After that, he started running twice as quick, and he quickly overtook the goblin. PUNT! Cecil kicked the goblin as he ran up to it, sending it flying straight into a tree. It slid down to the ground, unconscious.
Skidding to a halt in front of the tree, having to remember to move "slowly" while Haste was in effect, he searched the fallen goblin. [color=teal]"Ah ha, Zeio Nuts,"[/color] head said with a triumphant grin, and tucked a few away in pocket before heading back to the airship.

[color=darkblue]"Ah, you're back,"[/color] Auron said as Cecil jumped down from the airship in front of the Chocobo Ranch. [color=darkblue]"Did you get the nuts?"[/color]
[color=teal]"Yes, I did,"[/color] Cecil said as he handed the Zeio Nuts to Auron.
[color=darkblue]"Good, come on inside. We've got two new Chocobos."[/color]
The two of them walked into the barn, and Cecil immediately walked over to the two new Chocobos.
[color=teal]"Heheh, cute,"[/color] he said as he stroked their necks. [color=teal]"Did you guys name them yet?"[/color]
[color=red]"The blue one is Saffa, and the green one is Reald."[/color] The two chicks made little warking sounds when their names were spoken, and Cecil chuckled.
[color=teal]"Looks like they already know their names."[/color]

Freya was crouched down with the two chicks.
[color=red]"Awwwwwwwwww aren't they cute?!"[/color]cooed Freya.
She picked them up and carried them over Woeby.
Woeby seemed to like the two babies.When Freya had put Saffa and Reald down in the stall Woeby immediatly ran up and pushed them gently in a playful way.The two chicks warked happily.Freya smiled and stood.She walked over to the others and talked to them.

[SIZE=1]Zidane stroked Woeby on the back and had been doing so for quite a while, he seemed to be quite proud at the healthy look of Woeby. From the foster care of Woebey onto the two chicks, Woeby looked alot more happier, while taking extra responsobility over them.

[COLOR=orange][B]''Woeby, your a good Chocobo. Not only did you win me the race, but you're looking after them now!''[/B][/COLOR]

[B]''WARK!!!''[/B]

Woeby responded by a loud sound, this signalled Zidane to look at Freya who had seemed to look very soft.

[COLOR=crimson][B]Aww, really, they're so cute. It's not often you get to breed.[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple][B]''I gathered''[/B][/COLOR]

Zidane then discussed with the group of what they were going to do.

[COLOR=orange][B]Okay team, I feel we should get a move on. We must, and I mean MUST, win this challenge. We fell for the last challenge but let us not move on too slowly now. However, we must wait for all the Chocobo's to have the strength to breed, so remember to feed them. Cecil has the [I]Zeio Nut[/I] so we can breed again. Let's work together![/B][/COLOR]

The team looked at Zidane who was waving his arm about in the process. Very surprised, there was a short clap from Team Tantalus.

[COLOR=crimson][B]''Looks like you're taking this more seriously.''[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange][B]''No, not really. I've just always wanted to say that.''[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal][B]''I should've known. So shall we wait for a while, I'm becoming attached to these babies.''[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=crimson][B]''Yes, let's!''[/B][/COLOR]

The oak of the barn was creating loud foot steps as Chocobo Bill was providing his services.

[COLOR=indigo][B]I see, so we are going to wait for these babies to mature a bit, hence, we can use them for breeding.[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple][B]Damnit, now I have to be bitten by little brats.[/B][/COLOR]

The team became comfortable in their cosy surroundings while Zidane requested for some food from Chocobo Bill, in maybe not his most polite tone.[/SIZE]

offgame: Oh hurry up, will you, teams! (I never thought I had to say this to you...;) )

So Tantalus is just about to breed the Golden C., but where's Avalanche going? They seem to still be searching for some chocobos, am I right?

C'mon, I want to announce the winner! I wanna, I wanna!!! :D

... ... Okay, just take your time... :rolleyes:

[SIZE=1]OOC: Hardly anyone on my team's posting now o_O;;

~~~

[b][color=orangered]"I guess all thats left to do now, is put the Great and the Good in the same stall, throw in one of these Carob Nuts, and cover our eyes?"[/color]

[color=indigo]"Yep."[/color][/b]

Zell led the Great Female, and the Good Male into one of the rented stalls. He threw in a few carob nuts, along with some greens, and turned around, closing his eyes.

[color=orangered][b]"Is it... done yet?"[/color][/b]

Cloud opened one of his eyes and peered into the pen.

[color=indigo][b]It's definately blue. Thats all i can tell. [/color]

[color=royalblue]"Kweh?"[/color][/b]

It stared at Rikku, who was also peeping in the stall, with a puzzled look, which gave way to the chocobo equivalent to a smile.

[b][color=green]Oh, wow! What'll we call it?[/color]

"We should call it, 'Bleu'."

[color=blue]Bleu?... I like that.[/color][/b]

Rinoa tuned to the Chocobo.

[b][color=blue]"How do you like that, little guy?"[/color]

[color=royalblue]"Kweh!"[/color]

[color=indigo]"Hopefully he'll be ready to breed soon...."[/color][/b][/SIZE]

[size=1]
Zack casually walked over to lil Bleu.. and walked back in slight hysterics.

[b]'Guys.. Bleu.. uh, he's a she..'

[color=orangered]'Say what?'[/color]

[color=blue]'Awww! That's so cute! A baby girl...'[/color]

[/b]Rinoa walked up to the half-sized chocobo, and stroked its head slowly and lovingly. Bleu made quiet purrs and 'warks', showing his obvious approval of her.

[b][color=indigo]'Zack, stop messing around. they're not from around here; they might actually believe you..'[/color]

[/b]Zack smiled a large grin, and started to scratch his head in embarassment.

[b]'Yeah.. I guess it [i]is[/i] sometimes difficult to tell when I'm being serious and when I ain't..'

[/b]Rinoa continued to cuddle the chocobo in her lap.[b]

[color=indigo]'Careful.. they have a speedy metabolism.. before you know it, it'll be old enough to mate..'[/color]
[/b]
Zell and Rikku turned to Cloud in slight shock and confusion.

[b][color=green]'So like, how do you guys tell whether or not it's a male?'[/color]

'Oh, it's pretty simple. No need to really check underneath, just look at--

[color=indigo]--the curve of its beak. The depth of the angle indicates its gender'[/color]

[color=orangered]'So uh... do we wait for him to grow now, or what?'[/color][/b]

----
Bleu's a boy, btw =)
*stabs confusing self*[/size]

[b]The Avalanche team waited a fair ammount of time, then decided to go ahead and breed Bleu with the Great Female. They put them in the same stall, gave them a Carob nut, and simply waited[/b]

[color=orangered]How long is it gonna take?[/color]

[color=blue]Maybe they weren't ready yet...[/color]

[b]Suddenly, and small "Kweh" was heard from the stall. The team all ran over to see what had happened.[/b]

[color=green]AWWWW! It's so cute![/color]

And luckily it's a gal!

[color=blue]Let's call this one Gren! Ya know, like green...but well, Gren![/color]

[color=orangered]Sounds good to me![/color]

[color=indigo]Gren it is. I guess we should wait again, until they are ready to breed again.[/color]

[b]The team took the good male and great female out to the Ragnorok, and left Bleu and Gren in the stables. They would soon breed them for a black choco, and then the wonderful.[/b]

[size=1]A few hours later....[/size]

You think they are ready to breed yet? It's been a lot longer than last time.

[color=indigo]I guess we should try.[/color]

[b]The team quickly put Bleu and Gren in the same stall, and gave them a Carob nut, then waited.[/b]

[color=silver]KWEH![/color]

[color=blue]OH! Let's go see![/color]

[b]The team ran over to the stall, and there sat a handsome black chocobo, cute as can be[/b]

[color=green]AWWW![/color]

Think she's going to say that every time we get a newborn choco?

[color=indigo]I hope not.[/color]

[color=redorange]Alright guys! Now all we gotta do is wait, then we can breed the Wonderful with this lil guy![/color]

And then hope we get a gold!

[color=blue]Let's call this one Blackie![/color]

[color=indigo]Sounds fine to me[/color]

[b]The team happily strode outside, ready to wait for Blackie to be ready.[/b]

OOC: Um, to get a green Chocobo, you breed a good and a great, same as for the blue. If you breed a blue and a great/good, you'll just get a normal Chocobo.

Oh, and also, I actually typed this out earlier today, before Ginny's post, but then the server messed up and I didn't get to post it until now. So, um, this one goes before Ginny's post, heh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few hours of waiting and playing with the two little Chocobos, in which time they had grown as big as the others, the team decided to try mating them.
[color=teal]"Amazing how fast they grow,"[/color] Cecil said and he led Reald to a stable. At the same time, Freya was leading Saffa towards the same stable, Carob Nut in hand.
[color=orange]"Yeah, seems like just earlier today they were babies,"[/color] said Zidane. The rest of the group turned and stared at him. [color=orange]"What?!"[/color]
[color=red]"It [i]was[/i] just earlier today that they were babies,"[/color] Freya said as she tossed the Carob Nut into the stable and closed the door. [color=red]"Remember? You were there."[/color]
[color=orange]"Heh heh...oh yeah,"[/color] Zidane said with a slightly embarrassed grin on his face.
[color=teal]"So how long does it take?"[/color] Cecil asked. [color=teal]"I wasn't here for the first two."[/color]
[color=red]"Only a couple minutes. Then we'll have another chick to play with."[/color]
[color=purple]"Yes, and we all know how much fun [i]that[/i] is,"[/color] growled Sephiroth. The rest of the group just laughed and continued waiting for Reald and Saffa to finish up their "business."

OoC: Easily fixed, Brek. ^_~
Also, I've added on the second part of this post 10 hours after the first part. I figured we can get sage his Golden now. :D
~~~~~~
The baby Black Chocobo staggered out of the stall, still unused to its new found legs. Zidane held a hand out, and the baby tottered over to him, and collapsed a few inches before it reached him.
[color=orange]"C'mon, Shadow, c'mon...c'mon!"[/color]
[color=red]"Shadow?"[/color]
[color=darkblue]"It's appropriate."[/color]
"You might want to keep this one away from Woeby, though," Chocobo Bill pointed out. "If'n you gonna breed the two, Shadow better not get it in his head that he's messing with his mama. Not good for Chocobo mentality." He winked broadly.
There were no worries. Shadow had already staggered (with many trips and falls along the way) to his mother Saffa's feet. With a tiny coo of a wark, he nestled next to her. Reald and Saffa rubbed heads, warking lovingly. They were obviously going to be together once they were released.
[color=teal]"All that's left now is Shadow and Woeby, huh?"[/color]
"Just give him a little time to grow up, and then, you'll have your Golden Chocobo." Chocobo Bill smiled, then left the barn.

[b]EDIT[/b]
Much later that day...
[b]"Wark!"[/b]
[color=yellow]"Wark!"[/color]
[COLOR=chocolate][size=1]"Kweh..."[/size][/COLOR]
"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!"
Woeby and Shadow looked extremely proud of themselves, and well they should. For there, sitting on Woeby's claws, a legend in itself, a memory lost, and yet here it was not but 5 feet away from the Tantalus team...the Golden Chocobo!
[color=red]"Aren't you just the rare little cutie? Yes you are...yes you aaaare!"[/color]
[color=orange]"I think I'm gonna be sick."[/color]
[color=red]"Oh, shut up."[/color]
The baby yawned in boredom, as if being Golden was an every day occurence. And to it, it was. Because it [i]was[/i] a Golden Chocobo.
[color=darkblue]"Now, to wait for Cid."[/color]
[color=teal]"Fine with us. Just keep the chick away from Sephiroth,"[/color] Cecil laughed.
~~~~~~~~~~~
OoC: I'm glad to see the Avalanche team is posting again. I was getting worried about you guys.

[COLOR=purple]What's that supposed to mean?[/COLOR]

[i]Sephiroth asked as he entered the stable, he'd been out training with his sword, he'd even decided to go deal with a Midgar Zolom. Well, it was one of the Zoloms.

Those snakes had gotten too weak. They didn't even pose a challenge. He'd merely sliced one apart with a single fell swipe. Now he was back in the stable looking at a cute baby golden Chocobo. [/i]

[COLOR=purple]Now aren't you scrappy look...OW!!![/COLOR]

WARK!!

[i]The little chick had jumped up and tried nibbling on Sephiroth's bangs again.[/i]

[COLOR=purple]I guess I should take this as a sign that I should cut these off.[/COLOR]

[i]Everyone had to crack a smile, the once cold-hearted man had shown a true soft-side for once.[/i]

Team Tantalus stood at the Chocobo Farm, proudly displaying their Golden Chocobo and waiting for Cid's return.
For some odd reason, Auron got it into his head to name the bird "Kumtah Lrulupu", or "Lru" for short.
[color=orange]"Can I go race Lru while we wait?"[/color]
[color=darkblue]"'[i]May[/i] I?'"[/color]
[color=orange]"I asked first! Besides, you'll just slow Lru down!"[/color]
Freya groaned. [color=red]"Never could teach you proper talk."[/color]
[color=teal]"We're gonna stay here until Cid comes."[/color]
[color=purple]"We are going to go find him if he doesn't. This bird will not stop eating my bangs!"[/color]
The group shared a small smile. It was good to work as a team.

[SIZE=1]Zack reached into his pocket and pulled out one of the Zeio nuts.

[b]"Guess it's time to use this, huh"

[color=green]"Then we'll have a gold chocobo!"[/color]

[color=orangered]"Pretty exciting, ain't it?"[/color][/b]

Rinoa led Blackie in with the Wonderful Chocobo, and Zack dropped in the Zeio Nut. They all waited, and were rewarded with a shrewd chirp.

[b][color=gold]"Kweh!"[/color][/b] [img]http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/ninilein/gifs/ff7/choco_002.gif[/img]

The whole team turned to look at the newborn chocobo. It was spectacular.

[b]"What're we gonna name this one?"

[color=blue]"Lets call it Karot!"[/color]

[color=orangered]"Wow, name suits it perfectly. Whatta you think Cloud?"[/color]

[color=indigo]Wha-- hmm.... fine with me.[/color][/b]

Cloud stood staring at the baby chocobo, which was preening itself. He couldn't help but remember the old days, himelf, Tifa, Barret, Vincent, all the others, with their golden chocobo.

Karot lifted it's head from it's feathers, and took a sturdy step toward Cloud, staring back at him. Cloud just turned his head and "hmphed".

[b][color=blue]What are we gonna do with all the chocobo's we have now? We can't just let them all go...[/color]

[color=orangered]Guess it's up to Cid... Let's do something fun while we wait![/color][/b][/SIZE]

[size=1]OoC: Odd. I was planning to name the Black one Shadow, like i always do >.> It's pretty obvious Tantalus is gonna win for the posting, Ginneh, you always seem to be on.
:p[/size]

offgame: Sorry I'm a little late, but I couldn't get here yesterday, apparently because the server was down.

Now, I want to say that I made my decision NOT my speed or post quality, but the amount of posting, simply because you ALL are great posters.

Finally Highwind descended to the field next to Chocobo Farm. Both teams with their Golden Chocobos entered the ship. In the hall, Cid was already waiting.

Cid: "Hello again. The second contest has now ended, and I think everybody knows who's the winner. [color=red]Tantalus[/color], you were the first to get Golden Chocobo bred, so you are the winners. As a reward, you can KEEP your chocobo Lru for the rest of this whole competition. You may head back to your ship now."
Tantalus: "Yay!"
Cid: "And [color=blue]Avalanche[/color], unfortunately you were too slow. You will now have to stay in this ship, and enter the first Council, where one of you will leave this game for good.
But first, you will have to release your chocobo Karot to the wilderness."

offgame: So members of Avalanche (Tasis, Braidless, Mei, C_L and AJeh), I want to see 5 PM's in my PM-box in a few days time. In that PM you will write CLEARLY which of your teammates you want OUT, and who will be your chosen for a captain. Remember that you CAN vote for yourself in both categories, but then you will have to have good reasons. But now it is time to vote.

[color=orange]"Yes!"[/color] Zidane said once the members of team Tantalus were all back aboard the Cargo Ship. [color=orange]"I knew we'd pull this one off!"[/color]
[color=teal]"Yeah, everyone did a great job. There's just one downside, though."[/color]
[color=darkblue]"And what's that?"[/color]
[color=teal]"We're still stuck with Zidane as team captain,"[/color] Cecil said with a grin.
[color=red]"Hah, yes, that is a downside to winning,"[/color] Freya laughed.
[color=orange]"You think you'd made a better captain, eh Cecil?"[/color]
Cecil chuckled, and then said, [color=teal]"I don't know. I really don't have too much of a desire to be captain, though, to tell the truth."[/color]
[color=orange]"Yeah, you know you wouldn't be able to handle being captain."[/color]
[color=purple]"At least he can handle an airship, unlike someone around here."[/color]
[color=orange]"Hey, I'll have you know--"[/color]
[color=red]"Zidane, just be quite."[/color]
[color=orange]"Hmph,"[/color] he said, and glared at Freya.
Cecil just laughed quietly to himself as he pulled the Cargo Ship away from the Highwind. [color=teal]"Well then, where to next, [i]captain?[/i]"[/color]

OoC: Don't forget to vote, Avalanche! I need to update the site and we need to keep this RPG moving. :)
~~~~~~~~
[color=darkblue]"The good thing..."[/color] Auron spoke up, [color=darkblue]"...is that, even though Avalanche has a faster airship, one person on our team can use this Chocobo to go anywhere."[/color]
[color=red]"Goldens can fly in our world,"[/color] Freya spoke up.
[color=orange]"That's a definite advantage...HEY! I wonder if I can go back to Chocobo Paradise and see the other Golden I had raised ages ago!"[/color]
Sephiroth ran a hand through his hair, pushing his bangs back. Cecil chuckled at this.