OtakuBoards

<<<Final Fantastic Survivor>>>

Sandy

[color=crimson]Back at Figaro Castle:

Cid: "Mmm, you were fast... I like that in a competitor! Now, let's check everybody's saldo: Cecil - 3, Auron - 4, Zidane - 0, Zell - 0, Rinoa -5.
So, it seems that this competition will have it's first female captain at this point. Congratulations, Rinoa, you are the winner! This means you cannot be voted out in the next challenge, but you also have the responsibilities of the captain of Redwings. You understand?"
Rinoa: "Yes, Cid. But this is exiting nevertheless!!!"
Cid: "Yes, I'm sure. But for the rest of you - Cecil, Auron, Zidane and Zell -, one of you four will have to leave the game in this world. Who it will be, it is up to you to decide. Survivors, it's time to vote!"[/color]

offgame: You know the deal; PM me your answer to who will be fifth last to go (remember, Mei won the immunity, so she cannot be evicted). The finals are approaching... :D

BTW, there's a hilarious picture in this page of FF6's Cid: [url]http://www.ffinsider.net/ff6/chara.php[/url]

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=green]Thankies for informing him Ginny!^^() I was going to include that in my PM...but I just forgot...and I didn't want to bombarde Sage with another.^^()

*Waits impatiently for the rest of the team to vote, still barely believing she's really captain.*>>[/color]

[color=indigo]Bleh, what happened to quality over speed? I could have gotten one or maybe even two more if I had just made quicker, shorter posts. As it is, I spent at least a good 40 minutes on each one. It would be nice if you could tell us when there's a change in what you need to win. As in, better post quality or more speed. I can only write long, detailed posts so fast. :twitch:

Anyway, I sent off my vote. . . .[/color]

OoC: Mmmm, I have to agree--surely there is some sort of consolation prize for the strong effort we put into these posts. /_^ Maybe, I dunno, keeping one of the Espers or something? Heh, yeah, Sage says, "Quality posting over quantity", but this time around, it WAS specified that the one with the most Espers won this round.

Don't worry, Des, you won't be voted off. IMO, the people with the least should be evicted--and we should only have to vote between Braidless Baka and Zidargh.

I guess we just wanted our Egos soothed for being good writers, Sage. A kind of, "Wow, you guys really wrote well this time around" bit, heh. We're so picky. :rotflmao:

"The winner is the team that will bring me a GOLDEN CHOCOBO faster."

[color=indigo]No where in that post did he say that post quality was what really counted, not the first team to actually breed a Golden Chocobo, yet it was actually post quality that counted. I was assuming this latest challenge was the same way, seeing as all the previous challenges were that way.

And it's not that I'm worried about being voted off this time or that I'm annoyed that I didn't win, I just don't want this to happen again and end up being voted off because of it later. Hence the reason why I think it should be mentioned whether or not it's post quality or actual speed that counts. It would just help to prevent confusion.[/color]

OoC: Personally, I really would like to see the best quality win in the ultimate end, not the person that can spend 12 hours in front of the computer just because they don't have to go to school anymore (some of us still have work, you know! /_^).

But I trust Sage to lead this all to its final, proper end. As for me, I've just been really really lucky so far. *laughs*

[color=green]*Sniffle*Now you guys are making me feel bad.T.T Just because my post quality isn't quite as good doesn't mean it's horrid and that I've got limitless time to spend posting.(Though I probably do>>) *Sniffle* Now I feel bad for winning![/color]

Oh, please don't get upset, people! This was just one challenge! I wanted to make this a bit different from those "just write great posts and you'll win"-challenges... I thought you were getting bored to every contest being basically similar, but apparently not...

I just want to stress that in every challenge the post quality has been a major issue (since you can't really measure speed or strenght otherwise in this type of game). So please don't tell me I'm not taking that in count - I just felt I didn't need to do that in this point as there is nothing but great posters left!

I just want to say that despite Ginny's and Des's sulking, Mei REALLY deserved to win this challenge. Her posts were just as good as theirs. So what if she was around more often - that was the nature of this challenge! Maybe in the next challenge I'll require other talents - I'll certainly will in the contest between three last contests (the final challenge). ;) So, let us all stay and wait for that. :)

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that either BB or Zidargh would show up and tell me who will get evicted.

PS. I didn't think you would be THAT self centered that you needed a reminder of how good you are after every challenge. :smirk: You ARE great, and you bloody well know it! If you weren't, you wouldn't be here!

OOC: Seriously, you guys have no idea how sorry I am... Yesterday was the end of my last exam in about three weeks of them. I was online, but nowhere near long enough to post. But I'm back now, so if I don't get voted off I'll be providing you guys with some competition! *grins* And, for the record, I was blown away by the post quality in this round ;)

Alright, here's the deal: we have a tie situation. I will give Zidargh 1 day to appear and tell his vote; otherwise, it's Mei who will get to decide (as she is a captain). So, until tomorrow...

OoC: Sulking? I wasn't sulking! I understood what the challenege needed this time, and I pointed that out. :) And now Mei feels bad, which she shouldn't--I liked her stuff, as I always do. (Good to see you back, BB, I was getting really worried about you there.)

But see? BBaka brings up a good point--she had finals and didn't have enough time to post. And...well...well, I'm [i]trying[/i] to go somewhere with this to show how I feel bad for BBaka too, but my words always come out wrong and I end up insulting someone. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, really, I'm not. It's just my competitive spirit. /_^

Gah, now [i]I[/i] feel miserable. :( :bawl:

PS--I still say we should only have to vote between Zell and Zidane. No personal offense to either of you, but I thought the one with the least Espers got evicted instantly. :twitch:

[b]OOC:[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Good to see you back, BB, I was getting really worried about you there.[/b][/quote]

Good to know I was missed ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]But see? BBaka brings up a good point--she had finals and didn't have enough time to post. And...well...well, I'm [i]trying[/i] to go somewhere with this to show how I feel bad for BBaka too, but my words always come out wrong and I end up insulting someone.[/b][/quote]

Hey, don't feel bad for me Ginny ^_^ - I [i]know[/i] I really should have told someone I wasn't going to be posting, but when it came to the cruch it was this or my grade. I'm just hoping Zidargh's prolonged absence prods things in my favour ^_^ -- It's gonna be kinda wierd if he beats me after not posting in two challenges in a row, even if he is on holiday O_o (not that he shouldn't beat me, I'm not saying that, just that it would be wierd.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn[/i]
[B]I still say we should only have to vote between Zell and Zidane. No personal offense to either of you, but I thought the one with the least Espers got evicted instantly. :twitch: [/b][/quote]

*nods in perfect agreement* None taken - and I thought we were doing that anyway? O_o??

[color=indigo]I'm not sulking. As I said, I'm not at all worried about be evicted because of this challenge, I just want to know what I should be doing for future challenges (quality, or speed, or something else, etc.). I think Mei deserved to win; she was the fastest, and her posts [i]were[/i] pretty good. And I'm not saying that there shouldn't be challenges that are based more on speed or something else, either, I'm just saying it should be mentioned when there's a change. (Though I do like the ones that are based more on quality; I get more enjoyment out of the writing itself than in seeing how fast I can write).[/color]

OoC: Well, in this case it was pointed out--the one with the most wins, so speed was the key here. Though I agree with Des, those long posts were a LOT of fun for me, and I think that Mei, Des, and I did simply superb jobs this time around. I seriously think this is my favorite part I've written so far. /_^

[shameless plug] Once FF:S is over for me, I'm going back to finishing my Auron fic. If nothing else, this game has rekindled my otaku-ness for him. /_^ If y'all want to be kept up to date on that, I'll provide more info later. [/shameless plug]

offgame: Nice to hear everybody's still with me! :D Well, except Zidargh... Oh well, moving on...
ongame: [color=crimson]

The Redwings sit anxiously, waiting for the results. Rinoa looks at the others nervously.

Cid: "Well well, it seems we have another tie-situation! Zidane and Zell, you both received two votes. So it is your dudy as a captain to decide between them who is going home, Rinoa."

Everybody move their eyes on Rinoa, who sits petrified from nervousness. Zidane and Zell point at each other.

Zidane&Zell: "Pick him! I don't want to go home yet!!!"
Rinoa: "Uuh... I... I..."[/color]

offgame: So Mei, it's your call. I'm trying to be impartial, but I suggest you choose the one who hasn't been around. ;)

[color=green]I was hoping this wouldn't happen!>< Poo...Like Ginny said, we were talking about this only a few days ago...ohhh, this is going to be hard! Just to tell you, if your evicted, it's not personal, ok?T.T[/color]

[i]Rinoa took in a deep breath, gazing around the room slowly at each individual Survivor. Letting out a large sigh, Rinoa looked over towards Zidane sadly.[/i]

[color=blue]I...I'm sorry..I don't want you to go..but...you've just not been here lately, so I've gotten the feeling you want to go..
I'm sorry Zidane..you are my choice.[/color]

[i]Rinoa walked over to Zidane and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, then walked off down the hall of the Ragnorok.[/i]

[color=green]Ohh...that was hard!>< I'm so sorry Zidargh, you just haven't been here lately, and like I said IC, you seem like you want to go..it's nothing personal! I really didn't want to get rid of our humour..and believe me, you'll be missed![/color]

OoC: Awwww...that kiss was really touching. *wipes happy/sad tear away*
Gonna miss having you around, Zidargh. Hope everything's well in your world and thanks for playing!
(...so who do we pick on now...? :( :wigout:.)

EDIT
I've updated the site again to reflect what all has been going on. If you haven't looked there in a while, please do, heh.

OoC: All I can say is that I've reached my goal by making it this far (sorry, Zidargh, ^^). I can walk away happy now...
...but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop fighting for first place. Not by a long shot! :smirk:

Bring on the next challenge! :D

[color=green]Yes Yes, bring on the next challenge! I want this one to be over with.>< I'm ready for whatever's next!

*Huggles everyone*I'm with Ginny, I'm happy I could make it THIS far, I never expected to!^^() Let's all do our best, and no being inactive okie?[/color]

[b]OOC:[/b] *doesn't dare be inactive* I'm certainly not gonna risk a scare like THAT again O_O!!! Actually, to share something with you, I honestly thought I was going to be first off... then second... then third... *chuckles* who'd guess I'd still be here eight evictions later? *blinks* Has it been eight already? Whoa...

Urm... YES! Bring on the next challenge!! I am prepared!! *hopes it's in a FF world she's familiar with* O_______o!!!

OoC: If I've been keeping track properly, we have one more challenge here in the FF6 world, then it's off to Spira (FFX) for the final two challenges (or would it be FF8's world? I don't think we've done that one yet).
OK, new goal. If I can just make it to Spira, Auron won't have to walk as far when he gets evicted. /_^
[b]Auron:[/b] And who says I'm going to get evicted?
Well, um...
[b]Auron:[/b] Have faith. Confidence. Or I will be.
*looks around nervously* Is anyone else's character talking to them? /_O;

offgame: Sorry, Gin, but you have been tracking wrong. ;) There is two more worlds to go, and the other of them we are going NOW. Hold your hats!
ongame: [color=royal blue]

At Ragnarok the four remaining contestants are talking:

Zell: "Man, it's really getting empty here!"
Rinoa: "I know! Just think about all the people that have been sent home..."
Auron: "This is a [i]competition[/i], if you remember. There can be only one winner."
Cecil: "Yes, and that is me."
Auron: "Just keep dreaming, youngster!"

Cid enters the lounge.

Cid: "I heard your little chit-chat, and I just came to inform you that two of you are actually going home tonight."
Zell: "Huh?!"
Rinoa: "Not another double drop!"
Cid: "Hahaa, just scaring you a bit! Actually, what I meant by "going home" is that we are moving onto the next world. Follow me to the control room, people!"

As everybody stand up from their seats, Rinoa leans closer to Zell.
Rinoa: "I think he means we are going to our world! Isn't this great or what?!"

At the control room everybody sit back down.

Cid: "Put your seatbelts on, folks, and say goodbye to this world!"
Zell: "Well, I'm not actually going to miss this place anyway..."
Cid: "Prepare yourselfs - it's take-off!"
Auron: "This Cid is an enthusiastic one, don't you think."
Cecil: "Yeah, I've noticed..."

Ragnarok rose from the roof of Figaro Castle, and sped off to the gloomy grey sky. Among the sad clouds a familiar worm-hole appeared, and the red airship flashed through it.

Then the four survivor-candidates saw a glimmering ocean in front of them. Suddenly a huge bridge appeared out of nowhere.
Cecil: "Cid, look out!!"

A deep, calm voice answered.
Voice: "I saw that, thank you very much. Trust me - I knwo what I'm doing."
Zell: "Could that be... Headmaster Cid?"

The pilot-seat turned around to face the travelers. In it sat a middle-aged balding man in a formal outfit.
Headmaster Cid: "Yes, this is me, Zell. I'm taking us to Fisherman's Horizon, and this ocean-crossing bridge will take us there. So please calm down, everybody."
Cecil *murmurs*: "I AM calm..."[/color]

offgame: Well, you all are free to roam around in this world again! Map is included, and I will come back in few days to announce the SECOND LAST challenge. :D