OtakuBoards

motorbikes suck!

Sephiroth

I guess I had a near death experience last night, and it involved a motorbike, I was riding at the back of my friends motorbike, and lo and behold, a drunk gets right in our way, my friend immediately screeched and we both went flying off the bike, me particularly, now that was a sight to see, my friends bike is trashed, he broke his right arm, I just got away with bruised ribs, but I'll tell you something, your never gonna catch me on a motorbike again, I always thought of them as deathtraps, seems like I was right....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I guess I had a near death experience last night, and it involved a motorbike, I was riding at the back of my friends motorbike, and lo and behold, a drunk gets right in our way, my friend immediately screeched and we both went flying off the bike, me particularly, now that was a sight to see, my friends bike is trashed, he broke his right arm, I just got away with bruised ribs, but I'll tell you something, your never gonna catch me on a motorbike again, I always thought of them as deathtraps, seems like I was right.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Ouch dude, good to hear you're ok :) I remember from being in Europe that those motor bike drivers were insane...weaving in and out of traffic, going on the sidewalks...yikes...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Er...aren't they the same thing? Or is motorbike a motorcycle over in Europe?...oh d@mn, I always mix them up...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

motorbike and motorcycle are the same thing, a mo-ped is basically a safer motorbike, although it don't look stylish at all....

[COLOR=purple]I was in a motorcycle accident once. I was on the back of my mom's Harley, when some old fart cut us off. We were going about, 40mph(we were slowing to a traffic light.) My mom broke her shoulder, wrist, and some ribs. I escaped the crash with just some road rash(luckily for me, I had a helmet stapped to my elbow....I was carrying it for one of my mom's friends. The helmet was unrecognizable after the accident. To think, that could have been my elbow! *Whew*) Since the crash, I have been back on the motorcycle.....but, I it doesn't feel right...[/COLOR]

[B]

motorbike and motorcycle are the same thing, a mo-ped is basically a safer motorbike, although it don't look stylish at all.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Ahh, I get it. I remember a French guy trying to explain it to me while I was over there...something about different ages getting licenses for different types of bikes...and then their drivers license at age 18. He said that in France ALL cars are manuals (he called them "three pedaled cars" as opposed to "two pedaled cars" or "automatics")...is this true?![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] I will never go on a Motorbike in my life! I saw this picture on a site, and this guy got half his face ripped off in a Moterbike accedent. It was sooo gory I threw up. Anyways, i'm glad that didn't happen to you, Safer.[/color];) [/B][/QUOTE]
You must mean the pic that used to be on rotten.com...my dad told me about that one it was rather nasty. As for motorcycles...I got one when I was 14 and then when it was legal for me to get a bigger one I got a new one. BUt they are sitting in my parents garage because I got a car 4 months ago...

-Justin

heh, london and all of england is crazy with motos/mopeds. they have like little gangs and they all line up and they go in and out like theyre invincible. motobikes are cool in MX2002 for PS2, so go out and buy it! but i can see how easy it is to get hurt in real life.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]
You must mean the pic that used to be on rotten.com...my dad told me about that one it was rather nasty. As for motorcycles...I got one when I was 14 and then when it was legal for me to get a bigger one I got a new one. BUt they are sitting in my parents garage because I got a car 4 months ago...

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] Yeah, that's the one. If u have a weak stomach, I advise you, don't look at it...:eek: [/color]

I hate moterbikes. my uncles best friend died because of a motor bike accident. And just a few minutes ago 54 motorbikes drove by my house.... Even tho that has nothing to do with safer having an accident. but anyway glad to see you can still post on the otaku safer!

[B]I guess I had a near death experience last night, and it involved a motorbike, I was riding at the back of my friends motorbike, and lo and behold, a drunk gets right in our way, my friend immediately screeched and we both went flying off the bike, me particularly, now that was a sight to see, my friends bike is trashed, he broke his right arm, I just got away with bruised ribs, but I'll tell you something, your never gonna catch me on a motorbike again, I always thought of them as deathtraps, seems like I was right.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Yep, you're very lucky.

My dad was in a motorbike accident before I was born. A car came out infront of him suddenly and hit his bike head-on.

He was in a very bad way...he broke his neck...broke his arm and leg...and suffered a lot of internal damage.

However, luckily, he lived. Although his right hand is paralyzed...so he's never been quite the same since.

He is truly a lucky man. And after his experience and yours...I don't think I'll ever ride on a motorbike.[/color]