Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You know on the pokemon thing, the quiz goes on? No? Well, I ask a qeastion, you ansewer and ask one. Simple as that. This is a general knowledge quiz, nothing like whats my real name. I know the quizs on here are being highly over done, but I think there should be a quiz for each section!
Okay, onwards...

There are meany tpye of paint. Name 4 of them!



Come one and all!
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]alexa, you are now supposed to ask a question.[/color]
Posted
Answer: What is the Manx.

I'll take Sports trivia for 1000 Alex,

Question: The phrase, "to win hands down" originated in which sport?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hataki Vash [/i]
[B]A: Basketball, I think

Q: What is White Wolf [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]White Wolf is a company that creates rpgs like Vampire: The Masquerade and Hunter: The Rechoning. They actually call their stuff "Storytelling games," but they don't seem very different anything else that I have played.

I'm not going to ask a question until HV confirms that I am right.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[color=009966]Since HV didn't get the answer correct to Juna's question, that means that people still have to answer her's before a new question is asked, so HV's question doesn't really count. ;)[/color]
Posted
Eeesh, I don't want to be the squasher of this thread with a weird question. The answer for the curious, Horse Racing...

Alright Alex, ~Looks over board wearily~
I'll take Animation for 800.

Question: Which comics were banned in Finland because the character didn't wear any pants?

[COLOR=darkred]EDIT: Actually, just googled it [URL="http://www.snopes2.com/disney/films/finland.htm"][/URL] to make sure, and I've been believing in a lie.

*Shakes head in shame and disbelief*

The answer was Mr. Duck though, so...carry on..*sniff, sniff*
// Double checks first question \\ *whew* all set: "He is going to win hands down." ~Jockeys let their hands down to relax the tension on the reins, when victory seems assured.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ianthestampede [/i]
[B]juna, i don't think it was a comic was it? wasn't it donald duck?

question: the tigris and eufratis(not sure if this is spelled right) rivers are located in what country? [/B][/QUOTE]

Iraq.

Who invented "movable medal type," which is often confused with the invention of the printing press.

(the press was invented before this persons contribution, although he is often credited with inventing the printing press... when in actuality he invented "movable medal type.")

Good luck.
Posted
[COLOR=firebrick]Answer: Johannes Gutenberg

I'll take "Odd Questions" for 1,000, please.

Question: What does the word durrikan (from the english gypsy language) mean?[/COLOR]
Guest cloricus
Posted
Arnica is used externally mostly. Used as a salve or tincture, helps heal wounds, bruises, arthritis, and irritations.

Alex I'll take Famous movies for 100...
: In which movie that was recently released was a main character removed and replaced for an unknown reason. (Most likely over money!)?

^ I agree with tn, lets try some harder q?s. You wont/shouldn?t be able to find the answer to this in google. Though it?s splattered throughout forums all over the world. :P Hardcore fans of this movie will know immediately. :)

-eps-
Posted
A: I believe the movie was The Matrix Reloaded, where the character Tank (played by Tommy Chong's son), from the preveous movie, was replaced by another actor.

If that is correct, here's my question dealing with Japanese history.

Q: In 1853, who was the American Naval Commander who lead a group of ships into Yokohama harbor, and demanded that Japan open itself up to trade with the US.

[color=red]Note:[/color] This event is thought to be one of the causes of the Meiji Revolution.
Posted
[COLOR=firebrick]Answer: Commodore Matthew Calbraith Perry

I'll take Anime Music for 500, please.

Question: Who sings the opening theme for Samurai Girl Real Bout High School?

(This may be a little hard because I know RBHS isn't popular like SM, GW, and DBZ. You may have to look around a bit...;) But I know exactly where to find it!)[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ianthestampede [/i]
[B]juna, i don't think it was a comic was it? wasn't it donald duck?

question: the tigris and eufratis(not sure if this is spelled right) rivers are located in what country? [/B][/QUOTE]



Actually, that is just an [url=http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/finland.htm] urban myth [/url]...

But I don't think we should back up the whole quiz for that, so...
Posted
Question. A: What Soft drink has a warning label?
Question. B: Who was the "hero" in Paradise Lost?
Question. C: Name the anime that feature BetterMan.
Question. D: If it take you 10 minutes to dig a hole, how long would it take to dig a half of a hole.
Posted
[COLOR=firebrick]Answer: I believe it's WW2, is it not?

Salem Witch Trials for 1000, please

Question If I'm Right: How many dogs were executed during the Salem Witch Trials because they were said to be involved with witchcraft?[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by erinzyger [/i]
[B][COLOR=firebrick]Answer: I believe it's WW2, is it not?

Salem Witch Trials for 1000, please

Question If I'm Right: How many dogs were executed during the Salem Witch Trials because they were said to be involved with witchcraft?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]


I beleive the answer is two dogs.

If i am correct, then:
Q: How many deutchmarks were equivalent to 1 american dollar during the great depression?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...