OtakuBoards

Favorite minor character

Shinmaru

I always see people gush (er, maybe not gush but it's the best I could come up with on such short notice) about their favorite anime characters. But what I've really noticed (like anyone else hasn't) is that most people choose main characters or sorta-main characters as their favorites (likely because they're the most developed). But what are some of your favorite minor anime characters? You know the type; introduced for maybe a few episodes but don't show up in the series very often.

My personal favorite is Shin from Cowboy Bebop. He looks really cool and [spoiler]he saves Spike twice! Twice![/spoiler] Plus, his brother, Lin, is awesome too.

Anyone else?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mirai_torankusu [/i]
[B]15 minutes? Now that's a minor character! Poor Kaworu...I haven't seen Evangelion and I feel sorry for him already... [/B][/QUOTE]

Theres a reason for that.. *cough*

Any ways, I know this is a little off topic, but I highly recomend downloading Evangelion, it's not my favorite anime series, but you can't really call yourself an Otaku unless you've seen it. :)

[B]I can download it? Please tell me where, because I would really appreciate it! [/B][/QUOTE]

If you have Kazaa; you can download a lot of anime from that... if you don't have Kazaa, download Kazaa Lite; ir's the same program, only it's made by different people; and it doesn't come with spyware(and you can avoid getting viruses easier), just go to kazaa.com to download it(I don't remeber where I downloaded Kazaa Lite). ^_~

Downloading anime is stealing just as much as walking into an anime shop and shoplifting it is or picking someone's pocket for money to buy it is.

Anyway, my favorite minor characters would have to be. . .hmm. Is Rem considered a major or minor character in Trigun?

It doesn't matter...my computer's too cheap to download something that big. Plus, I'd bet I'd chicken out before I did it...stupid morals...

I think Rem would be considered a major character because of how much she means to the plot of Trigun. Then again, she is really only in one episode (not counting Vash's flashbacks, of course), so now I'm confused.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Why do people have to come up with hard questions like this? I am having to think too hard this early in the morning...Let's see.

From Evangelion, I'd definately have to go with [b]Kaworu[/b]. I love him to death. He's so sweet and gentle and he seems almost like he's the perfect person. I fell in love with him and I wish more than anything he was in the series longer. He taught Shinji a very valuable lession.

I also like the [b]Class Representative, Touji, and Aida.[/b] They were so adorable all together.

From Pokemon I like [b]Jigglypuff.[/b] He always came along and put everyone to sleep when he got pissed off and then "Jigglypuffed" everyone with a marker. Ah man, I love that stuff... ^_^

I would say [b]Amiboshi[/b] from Fushigi Yugi, but ARE there really any minor characters in that series? I mean, all of them play a VERY important role. I guess since he's not a MAIN character...

My favorite anime who I have a PLUSHIE of! [b]KuroNeko![/b] of Trigun! He was so cute and everytime we would Trigun at my house, when he'd come across the screen my sister's would be like "There's Tori's cat!" Teehee.

Yeah, I'm sure I have more, but I'll just stop there.[/color][/size]

my favorite minor character would have to be.... The bandit who was in love with Hotohori in Fushigi Yugi, he's the only really minor character in that show.... That actually served no purpose, he was just there to be funny.
I also love Koji... "Knock, knock, Whos there? Koji. Koji who? Genro's buddy that who. Oh come in. Thank You!"

Thats all i can really think of, they were minor characters who served no real purpose in the series.

Let's see:

Seshomeru's(SP?) little helper Imp from Inu-Yasha.

Rex Raptor from Yu-Gi-Oh. (That guy never catches a break...)

Arbok from Pokemon. (Ditto)

The black cat from Trigun.

DemiDevimon from Digimon.

Azaka(SP?) and Komidake(SP?) from Tenchi Muyo. Oh, and Washu's little puppets!

Norman from The Big O.

Swanzo from Outlaw star. Also, the Ctarl Ctarl soldiers on Aisha's ship. (No matter what someone said, they started chanting it...)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Augh! How could I forget about Kuroneko? (Such a cute little kitty...)
And I don't think Toji really counted as a minor character, seeing as he was a good friend of Shinji [spoiler]and the pilot of Unit 03, which was a pretty important part to the series because of Bardiel[/spoiler]. Kensuke does though(although I despise him.), and I guess Hikari was okay...
Also in Eva, I have a soft spot for Shigeru Aoba(the tech guy with the long brown hair). Besides the fact that he's pretty freakin' cute, he really was great in EoE, and besides, any character that plays air guitar when bored gets points in my book.

Favorit minor characters, let me think.

I really like Mr. Satan (Hercule) from Dragon Ball. He first started out as a bumbling idiot, but as the story progressed so did his part. The idiiot even helped the others save the world.

I also like Haji(sp) from Inuyasha. He's Miroku's little shapeshifting Tuniki friend that looks like a badger. I don't know why I like him, I just think he's cool.

Mad Perot and Andy from Cowboy Bebop are also cool minor characters. I like Perot because he's a crazed mad man, who gives Spike a worse beat down than Vicious ever did.
I like Andy because Spike hates him. The fight scenes with those two were funny as hell.

But thats just my opinion:D

[FONT=arial]I just LOVE Tasuki to death (he's from Fushigi Yuugi). and Chichiri. and Hotohori. and Tomo. but I'm gonna get off of FY, cuz I could name at least 5 other guys off of their ^_^'. then from Evangelion, Toji would have to be my favorite supporting character. I'd say he was a supporting character considering he got the backseat in most of the episodes he was in other than when [spoiler]he piloted that EVA and was almost killed[/spoiler]. I also really like Miroku. he acts like a down-to-earth, cool kind of guy, except when he's puttin' the moves on Kagome and Sango. then there's Asaba, for obvious reasons :toothy:. Grem from Cowboy Bebop was really awesome, too. I think he's probably the only person that Faye would ever be able to trust, if they had gotten to know each other better. anywho, those are the ones I could think of at the top of my head.
[/FONT]

[B]I don't think Miroku counts as a minor character, but I agree that he is pretty cool. He's my second favorite Inu Yasha character behind, who else, Sango. [/B][/QUOTE]

Who else but Sango indeed.:rotflmao:
Erm...yeah. I also like Miroku, but he seems more like a major character in the show. Kuroneko rules! Every one *has* to know that by now. Another one of my favorite minor characters is Ryou Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh. I don't know if you'd really count him as a minor character or not, but they do tend to neglect him from most of the story...at least in the American version.

[color=skyblue][font=times new roman]Im a fan of the silly little background characters that seem to always be popping up for a scene or 2 every episode...

Ones that I can think of right now are the[/color][/font][color=deeppink][font=times new roman] three old guys[/color][/font][color=skyblue][font=times new roman] from bebop(I swear there in almost every episode even if its only for a second...I just cant stop laughing when I spot them :laugh: They sure get around the universe alot)

And [/color][/font][color=deeppink][font=times new roman]Pen-pen[/font][/color] [color=skyblue][font=times new roman]from Eva...Oh he says nothing but hes just so damn cute and funny...Man why cant penguins be that funny and cool in reality :D

Oh and how could I forget[/font][/color] [color=deeppink][font=times new roman]KuroNeko[/font][/color][color=skyblue][font=times new roman]...Ya just gotta love that little kitty...So much fun :p [/font][/color]