OtakuBoards

Favorite minor character

Shinmaru

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]then there's Asaba, for obvious reasons
[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

Asabu who, on which anime? I know of an Asaba in one of my fav. anime's but he is more like a main character, that's why I am asking.

Well, from Love Hina I really love Kaolla Su's sister Amalla Su, and a character that is only in the Spring Movie, Nyamo Namo, who looks just like Shinobu except for a darker tan! She is beautiful! And I don't know if he counts as a major character or not, but Tama-Chan, the turtle from Love Hina, b/c so far (I only have 4 of 6 DVDs) he really doesn't play a main role. Also I like Toki (played by Jada Pinkett Smith) on Princess Mononoke.

Kaola

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I know I haven't forgotten about Kuroneko...just check out my signature...

I also remembered, how could I mention Shin without mentioning Lin? Lin is almost as cool as Shin even if [spoiler]the show made it seem like he killed Spike. Lucky it was only a tranquilizer.[/spoiler] So, yeah, Lin is almost as cool as Shin because he's loyal (just look at the way he was protecting Vicious) and he just exudes the coolness that the main characters have.

Edit: I just realized that I mentioned Lin a little in my first post. How forgetful I can be sometimes...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaola Su [/i]
[B]Asabu who, on which anime? I know of an Asaba in one of my fav. anime's but he is more like a main character, that's why I am asking. [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]Asaba from Kare Kano. I've seen one volume and a couple of clips of the series, so I wasn't sure if he was a minor character or not, but I figured I'd go ahead and put him down anyway ^_^.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by T man [/i]
[B]The wolfwood guy from trigun is my favorite because he is so cool.:D [/B][/QUOTE]
I don't know how far you've seen, but I can tell you: Wolfwood is [B]not[/B] a minor character.

my favorite minor characters are (now i have to think...)
hercule (DBZ) -he makes me so mad sometimes, but you just gotta love that guy!
that little kid from trigun(you know, the sandsteamer episodes)ARRRGGG!!! I CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME!!!
And last (but certainly not least)Booyo(SP) from Inuyasha (Kagome's kitty) he is just TOO cute!:love:

[B]The wolfwood guy from trigun is my favorite because he is so cool.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

:tasty: *counts to 10 while looking at this post wondering a: if the poster is under 11 (in which case he shouldn't even be watching Trigun yet, I'll save my rant on irresponsible parenting for later. . .) b: if the poster is high, or c: if this poster is really deserving of the MillieFan Pudding Cup Award For Not Thinking Before You Post.

*takes out her blackboard and starts writing. . .
I will not flame the newbie.

-^.^-

• 2 weeks later...
What kinda sick joke is this.
:flaming:

any way my favorie minor character is kouga from inuyasha he is the bomb digitty

Ah, I think I'd have to jump on the Kaworu bandwagon here, heh. His voice, among everything else about him is just so... calming. He should have been in it for longer.

From Nadesico, Ruri and Jim would be my favourite minor characters. I can identify a lot with Jim and his antics of trying to get someone to notice him, and Ruri's just very funny in a dead-pan sort of way.

Other series... Scyther form Pokemon. I guess he's not a 'character' as such, but he's just a monster I really like, and he's been in all of about five episodes >_<;

EDIT: Ooh! And Major Schubalz from Zoids: Chaotic Century. He's so cool... very stylish, and honourable. And he has green eyes ^_^

I have a big thing for incidental characters, I've realised. A lot of my favourites have decent, but not huge parts in the series I watch. Armadillomon and Ryo were two of my favourites from Digimon, and they got little screen-time compared with everyone else. I'm a little sore about that *adjusts Armadillomon shrine*. That goes for Yu-Gi-Oh too- Bakura and Duke Devlin are another two favourites there. That's not to say I don't like any main characters, but I tend to identify more with the ones in the background, who don't carry the story to the end but at least have some important role to play.

My favorite minor character is more of an entire race. I like the martians from the Excel Saga(if anybody can't tell, I'm kinda hooked on it right now). They're there, and they sereve a purpose, while not serving any purpose whatsoever(believe me, for this anime, that's possible). They take on a myriad of different minor roles, from invaders to random Gundam Pilots to monsters in the sewers...they're so great...

• 2 weeks later...
My favourite minor characters are the Puchuu from Excel Saga.Because they are so funny sounding when they get hurt.

I mean once you seen them get hurt and listen to what they say you would agree.
" Damn you you maka me bleed"

If you get far enough into the series Wolfwood is definitely not a minor character. In the episode Paradise, it made me cry when what occured in the church happened. But one of my favorite minor characters in this series would be Kaite. And the cat! It's in every episode.:excited:

Meh... everyone is mentioning Kaworu from Evangelion, but I really don't count him as a "minor" character... sure, he only appeared for like... 15 minutes but he played a huge, valuable role in the series. If you count minor in the amount of time they are shown, he is minor, but if you go by the impact a character makes, then Kaworu is definitely not minor. [spoiler] Remember Lilith taking the form of Kaworu in EoE? A minor character will never get that... [/spoiler]

Anyway, my favorite minor character is B.D.N.(Brilliant Dynamites Neon) from Trigun. Dude definitely had style...

I don't know if he was too minor, but i think the super bad Legato Bluesummers is so cool. I mean you know your the greatest if you can telekinetically make a person shoot himself and his comrades.

Oh yeah, i agree with you Metatron. You had Brilliant Dnamites had lots of style. Thats all he was about.

I totally agree with Metatron. B.D.N. was all about style. I mean the guy's name is Brilliant Dynamites Neon. Its pretty obvious he's a flashy guy.

Those old guys that are always complaining or gambling OR getting Drunk in Bebop are the Greatest. They always provide Comic Releif. AS does the Black Cat that is always popping up in TRigun. I hate that cat. Grrrr!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by harpiesbrother1 [/i]
[B]sesami, ryaoki, and grandpa from tenchi

bring back the tenchi tread
no-one would have spamed

i love tenchi!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Techically Ryo-Ohki isnt a minor character because he appears in nearly every single episode after no 3

He is even in all the credits.

Whoa quadruple post.... I wonder how long its gonna take before Q.A. or Shy or H.C. comes with a warning post... Use the edit button on your posts from now on to avoid that... But anyway, Legato really is not a minor character... he appears pretty often... and hes a key character in the series.

Oh yeah! QA, the cat from Trigun...did you get that in Macon Mall? I was almost going to at Suncoast DVD's!! I was so close to!

But yeah I would consider that guy on Evangelion to be a major character too. Also legato is a major character for sure

Love, Kaola

[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, [b]Double_B_Daigo[/b], you need to read the rules badly. Double posting, much less triple posting, much LESS quadruple posting is against the rules. Please just go back and edit your original post. It took me a long while to edit and delete every single one of those posts. As you can see, I put them all into one. It's very easy. You can do it yourself.

As for my Trigun kitty, a friend of mine gave it to me for my birthday last year. But I think she got it a Media Play. ^_^[/color][/size]