Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
hmm.... i'd have to say Transformers originally got me into anime.
then it was pokemon, DBZ etc.

although i didn't like transformers at first mainly because i liked animation that involved dynamyte and giant hammers

(i was only 7 when i say this by the way :p)
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XBebop
Posted
probably DBZ, or pokemon.. i got hooked on anime after DBZ though. Becuase i went to dbz sites and saw they had places for other anime and i read the stories to those animes and thoughr they were pretty good. The pics were pretty kool too.

My anime Theory: see it once, you hate it. See it twice and your hooked.
Posted
[COLOR=blue]I believe it was Sailormoon. I was about 5 & I'd get up at six to watch it, before getting dragged out of the door to go to school (not literally dragged).
Being that little would make almost anything impress you, but you know, I liked it, but I didn't know what it was. Then I think when I was about 6 I saw Blue Submarine No.6.
Some other firsts were: Teknoman & Ronin Warriors (someone older influenced me), Outlaw Star & Tenchi Muyo.

Tenchi Muyo & Gundam Wing are what did it for me.[/COLOR]
Posted
me? Well mine was, like most, "Sailor Moon",but for me it was well kind of the fad at my school and of corse,be'n the internet crazy and all, I looked into it and found a hole word that I loved!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jim_Hawking [/i]
[B]No not THAT one, I mean what was the very first anime you ever saw, and why did that convince you to think "Hey, this is kinda cool."

For me, it was Sailor Moon. I honestly couldn't tell ya why it convinced me, but...the funny thing is, I'm a 17 year old guy, yet I still watch the occasional episode. [/B][/QUOTE]

^.^ hehe. It's ok!

My first was Sailor Moon too. The second... pokemon?... I dunno, there might've been lots of anime I watched after Sailor Moon without knowing it was anime. O.o. So what? I was young! ^.^
Posted
Mine was DBZ, my brothers watched it and they knew I was a wrong in the head girl, so the made me watch it. I LOOOOVED it, I mean I love fighting and as they got older they grew out of it, but I stayed hooked. Then Salior Moon captured me and then I started watching more and more anime. The thing is at first i didn't have a clue what anime was and that DBZ was anime. But after awhile I learned the ways of anime.;) :) :) :) :bellylol:
Posted
Man, I'm sorry...but Sailor Moon was my first anime also. I wonder why all of us saw Sailor Moon first? I remember the day that I got hooked..I had heard of Sailor Moon and thought it was the stupidest thing ever, just beacause i saw their outfits...and then my sister was like "Let's check this out just for kicks" and so we did...and i was HOOKED. I LOVED Sailor Moon...I thought the art was beautiful and it was the only anime that had the main characters focused around girls...I think that anime girls have more detail then guys, and i LOVE detail and i just thought it was the best thing ever. I never got around to DragonBallZ or Trigun or anything like that, but now I'm into Inyuasha...some anime shows have good animation and some of them don't, i like the Sailor Moon/Inyuasha animation. That's what got me hooked.
Posted
Astroboy is the earliset I ever remember. I know it was the first cause when I was around 3-4 my mum used to mousse up my hair when I was being shampooed to make two points on each side of my head, just like astroboy! I've actually got the first episode of astroboy when he was still a real boy. Brings back heaps of memories of early mornings as a kid. Transformers was also a huge part of my childhood viewing. I had countless robots. I remember trying to change my optimus prime as fast as it happened on TV (Which is basically impossible) and making that "chuchu cheche chuchu cheche" sound while doing it (anyone ever wonder how optimus prime's traler just appeared from nowhere?). I know it's commonly believed that transformers is american, but I've seen so much transformer merchandise in japanese that I believe it is Japanese.

Other memories are of voltron thundercats and this other one... "Silverhawks?" I think that was it. It had these people who could fly by doing that batman-spread-wings-thing by whacking your thighs, and they had these cool silver masks that would cover their faces when they activated their wings. The evil guy was on a red chariot with a spiked helmet(Thing of voldo from soul blade/calibur in red). Man, I don't know how I remember this (just reminiscing). Again I'm unsure if all three are [i]Anime[/i], but voltron just has to be. I had the voltron figurines too but its all long lost in a move.

Nothing that long ago ever really hooked me. I liked it enough but it started when I saw two anime movies, Porco Rosso and Ninja Scroll on SBS when I was about 15. The story and animation was amazing. I've loved anime ever since and only recently become an fanatic collector.

Also I used to play RPGs, now only sometimes. The first time I've ever spent so long on a game was on Secret of Mana. I finished it after playing it for about 8 months. I also played Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3, Seiken Densetsu 3(Secret of Mana 3) and Tales of Phantasia. I absolutely loved my SNES.
Posted
My first ever anime was Samurai Pizza cats doesn't anyone remember this show??? man i loved those cats so much but now the only thing i got of them is their theme song whateva happened to them they like disappeared hardley a trace of them.
Posted
I think mine was Dragon Ball Z, my older brother was getting into it, so I started to watch it with him. At first I was like Goku- what, gohan-? Too hard to remember characters names history, ect- but then I just kept on watching and I was addicted to the fight scences. I felt stupid at first watching and asking my brother stupid ?'s, like isn't he supposed to be dead? and Who's that again?...Now I'm love anime prolly more than my brother. LOL, I guess once you start you can never stop. Anime is Life...and Life is Good.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Majin [/i]
[B]My first ever anime was Samurai Pizza cats doesn't anyone remember this show??? man i loved those cats so much but now the only thing i got of them is their theme song whateva happened to them they like disappeared hardley a trace of them. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#335062]Was that even an anime? Hm, my memories of it are very vague. But I remember that it was one of my favourites years ago.

It's hard to say what my first experience with anime was. Maybe Transformers or Teknoman. *shrug*[/color]
Posted
For me, It was Fusigi Yugi (the manga) I had no iea what manga was, and hen my friend Ryuu lent me FY 1 and I was hooked. The first anime was Yu Yu Hakusho. he best thing was, I never doubted Kurama's gender like all my friends did.
Ain't this random!
Posted
Ohhh... yeah! WAIT! I totally forgot about Pokemon... lol... ummm that was like a year or two before I watched DBZ. Oh yeah.. Digimon too... I watched that along with Pokemon before DBZ. I had almost forgoten about those two. Man I am getting sick of Pokemon and Digimon... TO MANY POKEMON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I mean, I will watch an episode from the new seasons and I think, "How retarded is this?"
Posted
I'm not quite sure what my first anime was...I think it was Sailor Moon...or else maybe it was DB(without a Z ;) ) But for me it was really just, hey, cartoons, cool! not, hey! anime, cool! :D It's really only been within the last year or so that I've understood what an anime is, and realizing that they are so much friggen better than any crap Nickelodeon or CN could come up with, and thanking the japanese once again for very good stuff.

BTW, the first anime that I just HAD to watch everyday was Pokemon, then I think DBZ, now it's Rurouni Kenshin (and Yu Yu Hakusho when they get more new episodes)
Posted
Mine was Pokemon or DBZ. I don't remember which one. Well, I thought that Pokemon was cool because it was the big thing that everyone was into game,cards, and show. I thought DBZ was cool because of a lot of action.
Posted
There has to be a beginning to everything, right? [COLOR=blue]What was the first anime you saw?[/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]What made you start watching anime?[/COLOR]Well, I've been watching anime since i was in 4th grade. Thats about 6 years ago. It was after school when i was watching TV and just flipping through the channels and i saw a commercial from toonami about Dragon Ball Z. It looked interesting so i started to watch it. At that time they had that guy, Motar, from that show Spacegost on Toonami. I also began watching Sailor Moon too. I didnt know that it was anime until a couple of years later. Now i like to draw anime characters. If i had a a scanner, I'd show you some of my drawings. Oh well! [COLOR=red]What i want to know is the person who has liked anime the longest.[/COLOR] :rolleyes:
Posted
my first was sailor moon from the original toonami block and Dbz from it i remember coming home from school in the 4th grade to watch them when i got home.
Posted
I thought that someone already made a post like this... Well, anyways, after thinking long and hard I have gotten an asprin and came up with this. My first anime I ever watched was Speed Racer. My dad was a huge fan when he was little and when they showed it on Cartoon Network, I watched it with him. Then there was G-force, Voltron, and Robotech. These were my very first anime's that I really understood. Next came Sailor Moon and Thundercats and the other Toonami cartoons.
Posted
The first time I watched anime was when I was 4 or 5 it was 3 different shows Roin Warriors, Speed Racer, and Sailor Moon. I still love Roin Warriors even though now it's down sized, I have most of the action figures now. I've been collecting them for three years now and I still don't have them all. Anyways back on topic, anime just plan rocks and ever one should be able to know when was their first anime they had ever seen.
Posted
OH!! How could I forget about Ronin Warriors? I saw that one too, and my friend and I spent out time writing hate mail to Toonami after they took it off

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...