Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=darkblue]Well, everyone has a song that either makes them cry, or emotional. Here are a few that make me emotional.

1. "You'll Be in my Heart" by Phill Collins- it makes me think of how things will change in the future, for me and my family, which is, well, deep for me.
2. "Foolish Games" by Jewel- because it makes me miss my sister more then I do already. She's in Florida, and probably will be for the rest of her life.


I'll edit this post, or post again (if someone has replied) when I think of the others. o-O[/color]
Posted
It depends on the mood I am... And it depends of what it makes me remember... Usually songs that get me more "emotional" are songs such as Fade To Black, by Metallica, or One, also by Metallica... Mushi, by Dir en Grey also does sorta...
Posted
I always cry over this great guy I used to date to Something Corporate's song "Konstyntine" It reminds me so much of him! I just fell out of love with him and I really didn't want to. He really was perfect for me, but I guess I can't be with someone I don't love. Hmmmm, sob

Kaola
Posted
Songs that make me emotional are:
1."World So Cold" by MuDvAYnE
2."Severed" also by MuDvAYnE
3."Outlaw Torn" by Metallica
4."One" by Metallica
5."Unforgiven" by Metallica
6.Last Metallica song: "Unforgiven II"
7."Bother" by Stone Sour

"The Game" by Disturbed makes me emotional because it reminds me of a girlfriend who f#$ked with me.
Posted
Lately "koukai" by GLAY.

"Keep on, you got to keep on walking... motomeai, aishiai wooooah, ubaiai ataeau... keep on, you got to keep on walking... kotoba de wa, umaku ienai, kanashimi o michidzure ni..."

Oh and "Falling Over You" by chisato.

AND AND AND "sayonara bus" by yuzu which always cracks a tear.
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]1) [b]Ordinary Day - Vanessa Carlton:[/b] This song makes me cry, because it reminds me of the day I moved from Galveston. I think that's the place I had lived longest, for three and a half years. It just reminds me of leaving my mom behind in Galveston, and going off with my dad.

2) [b]My Immortal - Evanescence:[/b] I have no idea why, but this song just makes me feel really sad. The music and lyrics just makes me think about how I would feel if someone I cared about passed away. = /[/color] [/size]
Guest Musahi
Posted
The only song that has ever [i]caused[/i] me to show/feel emotion is that one country song. I think it's called "Have You Forgotten?", it's cool. It's talking about all the ------ that are protesting the war, and have they forgotten what happened Sept. 11.
Posted
[color=blue]Hmmm there a few that get to me, but it also depends on the current situation.
The first that comes to mind would probably be [I]High and Dry[/I] By Radiohead. It's just such a beautiful song.
The second song that I like would have to be [I]3 Libra's[/I] by A Perfect Circle. The lyrics remind me of many girls I used to like, but the feelings were not recipricated. There are a couple other songs that get me thinking. If I think of them I'll edit this post later.[/color]
Posted
When the occasion calls for it, The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails, it works through alot of issues

Also one when that gets me into the thinking objectivly when im pissed off, is "If You Die Your Dead" by Jimmies Chiken Shack

There would be plenty plenty more, but those are the two that have had me thinking most recently.
Posted
1- "The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most"- Dashboard Confessional
2- "My Immortal"- Evanescence
3- "Konstantine"- Something Corporate
4- "Untitled"- Lifehouse

-Ness, raindrops keep falling on my head
Posted
The top one would be "My Immortal" - Evanescence. Every single line in that song strikes me in some way, and I've yet to be able to listen it through one time without starting to cry.

Next, "1,000 Miles" - Vanessa Carlton. A few months ago, my favorite uncle passed away. It was his favorite song, and they played it at his funeral and a few times during the visiting hours. My cousins even made a big poster with pictures and memories of him, with the lyrics to the song written on it. The song makes me think of him and miss him so much..

"Echo" - Incubus. I don't know why this song makes me so emotional, to be exact. The first half of the song just strikes a memory in me of how my life was before the divorce of my parents.. Dunno.

And but of course, "Under the Bridge" - Red Hot Chili Peppers. I think there's plenty of us who are moved by this song. Heh..

There's a million more, but I'll end my list here. ^-^;
Posted
[b]End of Evangelion - Komm, Susser Tod(Or, Come, Sweet Death)[/b]
Okay, anyone who has heard this song knows what I'm talking about. The lyrics are just so sad, but yet they sort of apply to everyone in some sort of way.
[b]Alice Cooper - Ballad of Dwight Fry[/b]
Another really sad song, but this one is about a depressant slowly going insane because of his loss of faith.
Guest Randleman
Posted
[b]Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)[/b]
This is the song I played for my girlfriend at school on Valentines Day. It will always mean something to me.
Posted
My list are as follows:

Collective Soul "The World I Know"
No Doubt "Don't Speak"
Eminem "Hailie's song"
Blink 182 "Adam's Song"
The Offspring "The Kids aren't Alright"
Linkin Park "Papercut"
Linkin Park "Crawling"
Posted
Many emotions I get from songs are so complicated and rooted in so many other things that I don't even know how too describe them. Here are some basic ones though...

There are many, many songs by Marilyn Manson and NIN that simply get my adenaline pumping and make me wish I was at their shows right then and there.

Beck's Sea Change is probably the most depressing album I can think of. Each song alone isn't so bad, but for some reason, the full thing is just a lot to deal with. Nowhere near crying material, but it's incredibly heartfelt.

There are a few songs by Ozma on Rock and Roll Part Three that are incredible as well. The people in the band are around my age, some younger. The writers basically just grew up liking the same things about their childhoods that I did, and it's all reflected in the songs. Not to mention the writing and music is just freaking excellent.

Conversation Piece by David Bowie is simply one of the best songs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. I think it's very sad, personally. All of Bowie's songs have a real story to tell, and this is no exception. I think that's what makes him so amazing.

And lastly, the Pixies. Particularly the song Head On, which just gets me ready for pretty much anything.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Logan [/i]
[B]-sighs-

Looking at the songs you guys chose makes me look like a sissy

It never ends, does it? [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know. Phil Collins (and Genesis, when they're going) does kick large amounts of ***. I love the guy.

My best friend listens to him all the time. If it wasn't for me, I don't think he'd even listen to anything else. I wound up getting him into NIN... for awhile, he was more into them then I was heh.
Posted
[color=blue]Well, if we're talking about songs that don't just make us sad, then I have a few more to add to my list. Of course I could just edit my last post, but I think I'll add another post altogether.
Hmm, some songs that just get me in the mood to go crazy. They would have to be stuff like [I]"An Ode to No One (**** you)"[/I] by the Smashing Pumpkins. [I]"Show me how to live"[/I] by Audioslave would definatley be another. A few songs by Soundgarden and the Vines and people like them are also good for getting me in a mood to throw crap at cars. Yeah.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Musahi [/i]
[B]The only song that has ever [i]caused[/i] me to show/feel emotion is that one country song. I think it's called "Have You Forgotten?", it's cool. It's talking about all the bitches that are protesting the war, and have they forgotten what happened Sept. 11. [/B][/QUOTE]
First of all, I have to ask you to watch your language. Let's keep things on Otakuboards strictly PG.
And while you might support the conditions of our current war, calling those who oppose your point of view the b-word is inappropriate. Just try to keep the language down.

And just a note: When replying to this thread, please give a reason to the songs you list. If simply listing a few song and band names becomes too frequent, I may have to close this thread.

--EDIT--
That note was addressed to everybody, not just Musahi.
Posted
[size=1]Well, last night I was listening to "My Sweet Prince", by Placebo, and it made me cry. I was feeling emotional at the time, and it's quite a slow, sad song. Also, in my opinion, Brian Molko has a beautiful voice. I just love it.
There are a few other songs that make me a bit emotional, but whenever I read a thread like this, they just fly out of my mind, heh ^_^ I'll edit later if I remember any.[/size]
Posted
1) Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
This song is good. I listen to this right here and it just makes me think.
2)Almost any Tupac Song
Almost any Tupac song is deep like Changes, Dear Momma, How long will they mourn me. And thats just a few of dem.

But none of these songs make me cry they just make me think about stuff. Ya Mean
Posted
Right on with Komm Susser Tod...That song...I'm sorry to say I understand it...
Also most anythign by the Beatles is going to reach me on some level.
I also like alot of U2, mostly of Joshua Tree.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...