OtakuBoards

The Dragon Campaign

Squall

[i]Wait!! Woah woah woah! DESTROYS anything more?!![/i] Hoshi groped around trying to find someone.

"What is this thing?" The tiny dragon looked skeptically at Hoshi, who tripped and fell. Hoshi lashed out at the spot where the dragon was, but he dodged.

"Watch it, little one," Zo narrowed her eyes. Hoshi stood up and shook her hand, signalling that it was okay.

[b]This thing is like Hiei. I don't blame it.[/b] Hiei threw a glare at Hoshi, then remembered she couldn't tell whether he was about to kiss her or kill her. Zo placed her hand on Hoshi's shoulder.

"Don't worry. Soon both Hiei and his pet won't be able to make fun of you."

"He's not my pet!" Hiei spat.

[b]One question.[/b] Getting no response, Hoshi tapped Zo on the shoulder. [b]How do [i]I[/i] get to... wherever we're going?[/b]

"Oh... oh that's right..." Zo thought a moment. "You're sure you won't take Serena's spirit?"

Hoshi nodded gravely and shook her head. [b]I wouldn't feel right doing it.[/b]

"Alright. We'll figure something out Hoshi. Just sit tight."

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just hang on to Bakuchiku Hoshi." Hiei said smiling, Zo looked suprised by Hiei's smile, she was going to say something but she was interrupted,

"WHAT! Firecracker!? Your a dimwit Hiei." Bakuchiku spat.

"The dragon is right, he is too small to carry Hoshi and-"

Bakuchiku glared at Serena and said "Do it Hiei!"

Hiei nodded and made four seals on his chest and said, "Ninpou, Ryuu Kakudai no Jutsu!" Suddenly the dragon enlarged to a full sized dragon,

"Get on."

heh, nobody likes you, Xaru
-----

Seeing the dragon reminded Ryden of something. "Hey, Serena?"
"What?"
"Where's Rangarock?" She went wide eyed. "Tell me it's not still in Gnarwood."
"I-"
Ryden: "We can't go back for it. There's no time."
Zo: I think we could spare a half an hour.
Hiei If my spell doesn't hold Xaru...
Serena: We can't leave it!

Ryden was annoyed at having to delay more. "Rangarock is your decision, Serena. I have a feeling you wouldn't take no for an answer here anyway."

OC: Sorry haven't been here for a minute...but I hope Im back in full swing...Well on to the story!!
[COLOR=teal]

Senseing that she was in a bind right now she didn't know if Ragnarok had followed them or if she should go and return to him.

"Well, I can't leave him behind."

Well then,"said Ryden looking annoyed." Better do so quick. We only have 24 hrs to get as far away from Xaru as possible and hopefully be on the trail of the divine dragoon. Which is more important to you?"

The question left Serena stunned for a moment. Now she had to choose. Ragnarok or her new friends. She didn't want to have to choose but she knew shat she had to do. She had to find the divine dragoon. Besides, Ragnarok was hopefully save and away from Gnarwood. She looked back in the direction of the town one more time then held her head down, turning back to everyone.

"Let's go, I think he would want it this way."

"Are you sure?" Zo said, "We can spare-"

"Please, let's go now before I change my mind. He would absolutely hate for me to mess this up and I know that he's safe."

A few tears dropped from her eyes then she headed towards Bakuchiku.

"Let's go, I'll hang on to Hoshi."

[/COLOR]

Hiei leered over at Serena with emotional eyes. Serena looked confused and said,

"Hiei..."

Hiei looked at the ground, and then at bakuchiku, that just sniffed and looked the other way.

[I]I must... To show I am not this firecracker anymore.[/I]

He looked up at the sky, remembering the last time he looked up.

[I]I was strong enough... I just have to believe.[/I]

"I got this." said Hiei, as he looked over at Serena and smirked.

Serena looked back and screamed, "No! Don't!!!"

He kept running towards Xaru's direction, when he finnaly got there, Xaru was choking Ragnarok, and smiling.

OOC: there

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tsukasa_hack [/i]
[B]heh, nobody likes you, Xaru[/B][/QUOTE]

OOC: Are you refering to my posts in the lounge or here. Here I'm evil! I'm supposed to be hated. Or, you're talking about my encounter with the angels thread? And now I can't post anything because of Jubei. ::Glares at him::

This was strictly IC, xaru. everyone seems to be hitting you with trapping spells and all.
----------------

Ryden looked back, but he could no longer see Hiei. Ryden wanted to go back, but he didn't want to interfear with Hiei's mission. He lowered his head and turned around. "We need to get going. I'm sure Hiei didn't just go on his own for us to wait for him." He slowly lifted off his feet and prepared to leave. "Can't we just-"
"no" said Ryden, anticipating Serena's question. "Hiei won't be long, he'll catch up to us later." He finally launched and sped off, towards the rising moon.

[COLOR=teal]

Serena looked back over her shoulders ad the dragon took off behind Ryden and distanced her further away from Hiei and Ragnarok. The full rising moon caught her ey and she looked into is radiant light, feeling almost blinded by its glory.

[I] Why, Hiei, why did you go?[/I]

She took her eyes off the moon and began to fiddle around with the dragoon spirit in her pocket. She looked at it and thought of the promise she and Ragnarok made long ago.

[I]Serena, if I die, I wish you to use my spirit to become a dragoon.

Why should I have to do so, I will always have you....my friend.[/I]

Soon tears began to fall on her sheek and she felt Hoshi's hand on her shoulder. Althought Hoshi still couldn't talk yet. She could feel what she was saying and dried her eyes.

" Thank you Hoshi!"[/COLOR]

" Are you done yet?" Ryden looked back at Serena and Hoshi. "You can cry on their shoulders in about an hour." Serena again looked back at the town, her eyes still wet with tears. Ryden sighed and hovered in the air. A foul stench hit his nose, and he recognized it at once. He spun around in the air, searching for something. He spotted it to the west, A giant rock like creature headed their way. It was hunched over, one arm longer than the other. It's massive horns curled on it's sides. "no..." The stench grew, Ryden's senses starting to numb. He instinctevly plugged his nose and his senses returned to normal. "Plug your noses, people!" Hoshi looked around startled, gasping for breath. Ryden rushed for her and piched her nose shut. "Keep this thing in check, would ya?" Zo, who had already pinched her nose, looked at her quizically. "What's going on?"
"There's a Verges coming, the dragon slayer. It's smell brings about the bowels of Hadies."
"Bowles of Hadies?"
"Putting it simply, unless you want to relive every bad experience in you life, you'll keep your finger's jammed." The creature drew nearer, it's long arm clasped around a chain.

OOC: I meant to introduce those sooner, but I got kinda sidetreacked.

Hiei sniffed in the air and was confused by the smell. Then bakuchiku flew over in his small form and said,

"Its the dragon slayer, we must run."

Hiei glared at bakuchiku, "But what about rag-"

Bakuchiku started to growl and turned into his large form, then took Hiei and flew towards Rydens direction...

[COLOR=teal]

Serena looked on in surprise as the large crature grew bigger. She never saw one first hand but was only told tales of their destruction. The creature flew on. The flapping of it wings were heard all around as if the air around it was as somehow magnifying its sound. THe others also seemed tense about the whole situation.
It seems for the first time Serena was truly terrified. But not only for herself. But for Ragnarok. Was it after him. She coudn't tell and with her and the other moving away quickly she wouldn't be able to find out.

As they flew on othe creature only shreiked into the sky still showing that it was present. As if it was sent to follow them.

Ryden: We need a place to get away.

Hiei: How can we, its too fast and soon it would've caught up with us.

They all continued to look over the landscape and hoped that things would sppn change. Then Serena remember a little about her past and spoke up.

Serna: Ryden, I'm not sure if I'm correct, but from choldhood tales there is a way to defeat on of these creatues. Is there not. ?If there isn't then my townfolk have gotten it all wrong.
[/COLOR]

OOC: Time to light a fire under this thing

Ryden grinned. "There might have been, but I don't know." He looked at all the others, smiling. "Listen, when you get to the divine dragon, you are to protect it at all costs. Inside it, is a key to destroy the world." Hiei almost stopped dead. "What?!! And why have'nt you said anything before?! What is this key?!" Ryden grinned at Hiei. "I have to be vauge. There's not much time left. Take care of everyone for me, okay?"

"What?"
"There's a town about five miles from here. I own a weapons shed, my friends Rose and Zeig live there. There's a guide you'll find, who will lead you."

Ryden circled back and charged at the verges before anyone could ask him anymore questions. He landed on the verges's face and shot his sword into it's eye. Xaru charged forward and flew along side him. "Miss me?"
"Yeah, this would be no good without you." Ryden ran along the verges's back and crouched on it's tail. He crossed blades with Xaru jumping about to dodge the verges's attemps to shake him off. Kicked Xaru in the stomach and stabbed him in the head. His head flung back, but came back with a huge grin. Ryden's grin matched his, as he shot out his other arm, which now glew an emrald green. "GUUST!!" Ryden, Xaru, and the verges were hidden inside a cloak of raging wind.
"RYDEN!!!!"
It was a good minute before the winds died. The verges remained nowhere to be seen. Ryden limply fell to the misty ground, and the verges was nowhere to be seen. Xaru half floated, half fell through the air, unconcious. The dragon founght to keep the others moving forward.

~one hour later

"Damn!!" Hiei punched the ground as hard as he could. He punched it over and over again. Serena held her eyes shut, as Zo weaped in her hands. Hoshi, unable to cry or speak, sat far away from everyone with her back turned. She thought the one thing that everyone thought, but was too shaken to say it. [i] He's dead. he's really dead. [/i]