OtakuBoards

The Dragon Campaign

Squall

"I have to get in the fight." exclaimed Hiei "No you cant!" said Hoshi "I dont want anyone else to die." "I dont care what you say you cant stop me." answered Hiei with calmness in his voice. After saying that Hiei flew up high into the air while thinking 'I might be able to kill him if I charge up for my dragon attack' watching the battle Hiei put his palms together and put them next to his chest. After taking countless blows by Xaru Ryden stood up and looked into the sky. He saw Hiei with a black aura around him and whispered to himself "He's gonna do it..."

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshi stood watching Hiei powering up. She knew that if Hiei ran at Xaru, he would surely be injured, or worse. Xaru might feel threatened and pull out one of his "toys" as Ryden called it. Hiei started floating in the air.

"No don't!!" Hoshi grabbed his leg and pulled him down to the ground. Hiei was livid.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF-?!!!"

"WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP AND LET RYDEN FIGHT?!! You're endangering Ryden's life so stop being such an IDIOT!!!!" Hoshi continued to watch the fight. "You think it's easy for me to watch Ryden being beat within an inch of his life?"

"Fine, I guess watching Ryden die is a good idea genius." hey said in a small voice while sitting down cross-legged. "Thats not the idea I was going for but if it gets you to-" "I know what your going to say woman and I dont want to hear it." Hiei interrupted "And if you try helping I'm gonna stop you cause I call first dibs on this traiter got it!" "Well, Im not as stupid as you so you dont have to pull something like that."

"This has gone on LONG ENOUGH!!" yelled Ryden. He held up his fist and concentrated his energy into it. His fist trembled and winds whirled around it, until it started to glow. His hand glew brighter and brighter. his knees started to buckle. His other arm went limp the winds around his fist grew. Finally, the winds stopped growng and the fist stopped growing brighter. "It's all here. All the strength, power, everything I got, in this... one shot." Xaru was holding back and Ryden knew it. He had to put an end to this before it was too late. Xaru charged, pike outstreached, on a direct course for Ryden. when he was just a yard away, Ryden jumped just high enough to evade the pike. Ryden grabbed Xarus face with his loaded hand and pinned him to the floor. Xaru struggled to release Rydens grip, his pike lodged into Rydens already open wound. The cement started to crack and split as the winds picked up drasticly. Ryden clenched his teeth and then started screaming
"GUUUUUUUST!!!"
The winds all shot into Xaru, driving him farther and farther into the ground. Xaru yelled in pain as the violent winds tore at him and drove him into the ground. Pure chaos filled the room until finally, the winds stopped coming, Ryden's hand stopped glowing. Everything had stopped. The hole was too deep to see Xaru anymore. Hoshi and Hiei stood in awe as Ryden collapsed onto his back, gasping for breath. Xaru's condition remained a mystery.

Marie stood up and wipe's a tear away and felt a little blast from a little ways away.
what was that?!
she starts runs to where the blast came from and sees the jail almost to ruble.
what the, what is happening?!
then she starts to fly over but stops.
no way! how who let them out?!
she gets her mace ready and fly's her way to the jail. and sees the 3 humans she had seen befor, a dragon, another human she had not seen, and her sister, but a little ways left she saw xaru.
no it can't be. what happened? we...i will not lose!
but then she stopped herself from hit'n anybody, and looked down
at them i thought..... [I]why?[/I]

Hoshi watched Ryden's last attack in awe. As the wind died down, it ran through her hair violently, as if the wind was running from her.

"Thank the gods he didn't have to use mom's Dragoon Spirit." Hoshi whispered. Ryden collapsed on his back heaving for breath. She gasped and ran over to him, propping him up so he could breathe more freely. "Are you alright?"

"Heh, heck no."

"Don't worry, we'll get you to Zo. It seems like you've cleared us a getaway path. All the Winglies have been put out of commission for now."

"Is Xaru dead?"

Hoshi was silent, "I don't know. I'll find out." She set Ryden down gently and peered into the crater. Xaru was indeed at the bottom, but Hoshi couldn't check his vitals, he was too far down. "You really socked him one Ryden. I can't even tell if he's breathing he's so far down."

"Instead of just standing around, how about we actually GET OUT OF HERE?! Stupid woman... gawking at the dead."

"Well excuse me if my nature is caring. Men..." Hoshi spat as she supported Ryden. The group began walking away from Xaru's crater.

'That attack was much better than my best move.' thought Hiei with jelousy on his face as he looked over to see hoshi helping Ryden walk. 'I have to train for the next enemy, it might even be Xaru' Hiei knew that Xaru wasnt fully dead, for when he was training as a child his master told him there are two types of death. One type is when the soul leaves the body, the other when the soul is, something like being unconcious. And Xaru's soul was unconcious but his body was dead. The only way he can live is if he had some sort of jolt to restart his body. Then just as he thought that he felt a trickle of rain and he heard thunder and then he said "Oh no..."

As the rain began to fall Marie flew to the ground in a sudden weakness but it wasn't in strength but in heart that was weak.
She had not been seen and was a little thankful. she knew she wasn't as strong as them. She didn't fill at her normal strength and just wanted to rest but couldn't.... She felt a sudden rage in her and wanted to hit anything in sight but just fell to her knees.
It is not time to fight.... but the time will come soon....

Hoshi felt a raindrop hit her face. She stopped and looked at the sky.

"What is it?" Ryden asked.

"I don't know... this... sense of foreboding... It's unsettling." Hiei came running up, yelling at the top of his lungs.

"XARU!! HIS SOUL'S UNCONSCIOUS!!"

"SO?!" Hoshi yelled over a roll of thunder. The rain had picked up drastically.

"IF IT'S AWAKENED, XARU WILL LIVE AGAIN!! THIS STORM WON'T HELP KEEP THINGS QUIET!"

Hoshi looked at the crater. A bolt of lightning struck a tree, splitting it. She pulled Ryden's arm off of her. "Hiei! Take Ryden and get him out of here!"

"WHAT?!" Hiei hadn't heard her over the storm. Hoshi reconsidered what she was going to say.

"TAKE RYDEN TO ZO! I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!" Hiei nodded and lifted Ryden, taking to the stormy skies.

"WHAT ABOUT YOU?!!" Serena yelled.

"I'M NOT QUITE SURE WHO YOU ARE YET, BUT GO WITH HIEI AND RYDEN! TAKE YOUR DRAGON TOO! I DON'T WANT YOU GETTING HURT, WHOEVER YOU ARE!" Sakura nodded and rode on her Dragon's back, following Hiei.

"This is my element," Hoshi said to herself, barely hearing what she had spoke. "I will rectify this situation." She stretched her arms to the sky. "Maybe two storms will cancel each other out!" She pulled her hands towards her solarplex, concentrating.

"I CALL UPON THE GOD OF THUNDER, WIND, AND RAIN!
GRANT ME, HOSHI, THE STAR OF THE LIGHTNING, YOUR STRENGTH AND POWER!" A ball of cloud formed in her hands, crackling with electricity. With all her concentration, she threw it into the sky. It exploded, growing rapidly. "STORM!!!!"

At first, it seemed like the two storms were fighting for control of the skies. Hoshi concentrated, trying to make her storm larger. Suddenly, there was a huge eruption and the two storms twisted together. The winds picked up, it began to hail and rain, and the lightning was even more ferocious. The wet strands of Hoshi's hair whipped in the wind and smacked her in the face. She lay flat on the ground, hoping not to be hit. Suddenly, there was a flash of lightning. It struck the ground mere inches away from Xaru's crater. Hoshi skidded through the mud and stood over the crater, blocking the lightning's path. Another bolt came straight at her.

"LIGHTNING!!" She blocked it with her own spell. However, the bolt had caused her to lose her footing. She fell into the crater, the walls getting narrower and narrower until she fell onto something hard, like armor. She looked down. She had fallen right onto Xaru, bashed, cut, and bruised by Ryden's attack. He was lying in around two inches of water from the rain. Hoshi scrambled to her feet, pressing herself against the wall.

"Wait... he's dead. He can't do anything to me... I'm okay..."

"Unfortunately not." Xaru's eyes snapped open. "You falling on me was the jolt that my soul needed to wake up. I thank you." He stood up and walked slowly toward her.

"S-stay away from me!" Xaru stopped, then looked up to the mouth of the crater. He smirked at Hoshi. With one swift move, he had hit Hoshi in the stomach, sending her careening out of the crater and onto the ground above it. Hoshi gasped for air. Xaru climbed out with no difficulty. He picked up his pike and pointed it at her throat.

"If you don't want to die, go tell Ryden that I am alive and well. I'm sure he'll be delighted." Xaru smiled menacingly at Hoshi. She nodded and stood up, the pike point following her. "Be happy that I didn't kill you." Wet, muddy, and covered with Xaru's blood, she broke off at a run, seeing as she couldn't fly with all the wind. Xaru was alive again because of her clumsiness.

After being told to fly away Hiei carried Ryden and Serena, he looked back to see what was going on and in the area around Hoshi and the crater was what seemed to be fighting storms. But just then a lightning bolt went her way then she suddenly blocked it with her own lightning bolt, but by the power of her attack she fell into the crater. Hiei knew if he interfered he would get yelled at, even though he looked like he was fine with argueing he wasnt. It was a shield that blocked his real personallity, so he didnt chase her and he looked forward. After awhile he heard a scream and saw hoshi running in their direction. On his way back Ryden grew concious again so Hiei told Ryden to pick up Hoshi. After glaring at Hiei for a couple of seconds Ryden hesitantly went after Hoshi. Hiei loved to boss people around.

OOC: Little Serenity..thanks for including me in your post but you put Sakura instaed of Serena!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[COLOR=teal] With her dragon wounded but still able to fly Serena folloed Hiei and Ryden. Not knowing exactly who they were still, she trusted them. Since rescuing these people she felt as if she belonged.
As they continued to fly Serena felt the warmth of Ragnarok's blood floowing doen his back and on her legs. Terriefied at the sight she yells to the two dragoons hoping they may help.

Serena: WE MUST HURRY-

Her cries were cut short. For Hoshi was now running from the battle scene as if a ghost has showed itself to her. [I]What has happened[/I]

Seeing one of the men flying back towrds her, Serena didn't know what to do. Ragnarok couldn't hold on much longer. Although the wound was small it had went deep and if the dragon was to survie he would need rest.

Serena: Please hurry- she thought to herself for she knew that soon they would run outta time. [/COLOR]

Ryden rushed back to Hoshi "What?" Hoshi was breathing hard as she ran away from the crater. "Xaru, he is alive." Ryden's face shot an expression of fear, anger, and shock all at one time. He was about to speak when he heard the new dragoon yellng "WE MUST HURRY" Her mighty dragon lost altitude and landed on the ground as she ran over as well. "My dragons been very badly wounded. We need to get help." Ryden searched the area for Zo. He caught a glimpse of her before, when Xaru cut the bars, so he knew she had to be close.

[COLOR=blue]Zo layed silent saving her strength for her healing spell. Zo knew where she was she was, in a corner of the cell room, she was pinned to the ground trapped underneath some rubble. Caught by surprise when Ryden did that spell, she couldn't get a sheild up in time to protect herself. Only one arm was free to move, and with that arm Zo grabbed her tear stone and pressed it against her own forehead.

"Mother of Creation, Mother of Earth, Mother of Nature, give me the strength to heal." Zo chanted once again. The turquoise light almost blinded her in the small area, but she knew that the light was also shining out from in between the rocks. She thought she heard Ryden yell, but she couldn't stop until she was healed. Her strength came back and the cuts healed only leaving scars. She stopped chanting and the light faded, but Ryden's voice didn't and soon others joined his. By listening she knew they knew where she was, and she began to feel the weight lessen as the rocks were lifted of her. Finally she was free.

"Thanks Ryden."

"Your light helped me spot you, but if Serena and her Dragon hadn't of helped you'd still be down there." Ryden glanced at the people behind him.

"Yes, of course, thank you all very much. Now I can see I a job to do. I want all of you to hold hands and close your eyes. This won't take but a moment." She firmly placed the stone on Ryden's head and began to chant, the light spread from her hand to Ryden's body then it spread from his body to the others. She stopped and removed the stone carefully replacing it in her pouch.

"Now then, what are we going to do?"[/COLOR]

OOC: Ack! Sorry sweetreyes! ^_^;;

Hoshi watched everyone stare at the crater, frozen in terror or shock. She stood up, her hair in strings, some of it plastered to her face from the rain and mud.

"We have to get away from here! Now! Uh..." Hoshi looked around then at the sky. "We'll have to walk. The winds are too strong!"

"But my-"

"Your dragon, right." Hoshi glanced at Zo. "Zo, heal the dragon. We won't be able to move quickly if it's injured. Serena, calm the dragon so Zo isn't hurt. Hiei, I'm not going to even get started with you, but please, run ahead and alert the reinforcements that Xaru may attack again."

"You think I'm going to take orders from a-"

SLAP. Hoshi had been pushed too far. "You say woman, and I'll slap you again. Stop arguing and start helping." Hiei bristled with fury, ready to unleash his dragon on her, but Hoshi turned away from him to Ryden, "Sorry if that was uncalled for, Ryden-sensei." She paused, "Can I speak to you?"

"Uh, okay." She and Ryden got out of Hiei's earshot.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Xaru's alive because of me. I was the one that woke him up. I... lost my footing and fell on him." Ryden stared at her for a moment.

"Klutz." He laughed.

"It's not funny." Ryden continued to laugh. Hoshi sunk to her knees, "IT'S NOT FUNNY!!" He stopped. He thought that laughing might have cheered her up, but she obviously took this matter to heart. Her hands dug into the mud, silent tears rolling down her face.

"I screwed up. You had killed him and now... I messed it up for you."

"Hey, it's okay, seriously. We'll get another shot."

"Ryden... You may be a veteran Dragoon, but I'm- I'm only a child! I have never weilded a weapon until yesterday.... I..." Hoshi trailed off, "I'm so afraid..."

Hiei ran off from the group to warn the troops, when he got there all of the soldiers where eating and Hiei screamed "HEY!" all of the soldiers looked over to see a short dragoon. Some chuckled because of his size. "SHUT THE !*&^ UP AND LISTEN!!!" all grew silent and the only thing that can be heard was the ranning pattering on the building. After panting for awhile Hiei calmly said "Remember that man that killed sooo many men at the big battle a couple of days ago?" all of the soldiers looked at eachother and nodded in unison "Well he might be raiding the base ANY second now so... um... GET READY!!!" Hiei raised his right arm and all of the warriors cheered. Hiei smirked, he loved this feeling...

Ryden knelt down beside Hoshi to give her comfort. "Hoshi, listen I..." Her hands were shaking. 'She really was scared. I wouldn't know how badly because I'm used to all this, but she's green. Fate's cruel, a rookie doesn't belong in this kind of heat, expecially this early on.'
"I'll always be by your side, no matter what. I promise that you will never have to feel this way again."

As soon as everyone reached the base, Ryden called a meeting of his team. "Today, the face of the traitor Xaru was seen again. Fates were kind as none of us were killed. I have come to the dicision that tomorrow morning we will depart Levobothanum for the city of Gnarwood. I have information that the seventh in command will be there and we must seek his counseling on the next step. Serena, you are free to join us as you please." Ryden waited, but nobody moved. "Uh... thats all I have to say. You are dismissed."
'Ugh, I hate speeches.'

Marie had followed her sister, Zo, when she saw the light, but never got too close in the fear of be'n found even if she felt that they already knew she was there.
the rain and wind made it hared to keep up on foot but she kept up. as the wind blows her cold wet hair around, she stood and looked at all of the camp with the fear she had felt awhile ago.
why am i do'n this? I shouldn't be here. not right now...but
she fuss with herself a little bit then made up her mind to stay. she thought nothing bad can happen; they'll never find me in this storm.

[COLOR=blue]Zo ran to the front as everyone began to walk out,

"Wait a second! Wait a second! One last thing, if anyone is hurt or gets hurt, please bring them to me I'll be in here healing anyone of need!" Zo shouted out across the room, everyone stopped and listened then kept moving towards the exits. Zo turned to Ryden

"They should all know where to go now." She smiled at him then turned and walked to the back of the room, awaiting her new patients. Only a few minutes later Dragoons came in one by one all of them wounded during the last wave of battle. Helping them all into a chair or onto the floor she formed a sort of circle around the room, about twenty to fifteen in all.

"Will you all hold hands and close yours eyes please?" They all nodded and held hands as she placed the stone on a person's forhead and healed them all at the same time. It seemed to end as soon as it began and once again the room was empty. Zo sat down to rest herself, amazed at how much her power had grown. Her stomach suddenly growled loudly, and she was startled to realize that she hadn't eaten in two days. Checking the hall to make sure no one was coming for her help she ran to the nearest running kitchen to make herself something to eat. As she ran she began to daydream about what she would make.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal] Serena sat with Ragnarok at the dragoons base as he slept. Luckily Zo got there in time to heal him and yet she was still in a pridicament. She had to tell them, tell them all what she truly was. Although she knew that she could become one easily she knew that they thought she was aldeay one.

Sleep my friend, Serena said as she got up and letf the dragon's resting spot. She walked to the kitchen and found Zo contemplating what to eat.

You look as I did a few days ago! Startled and surprised someone had come in behind her Zo came back from her daydream and begn to make her food.

What was that again, Zo replied.

I said you looked as I did a few days ago, Serena started to explainhersituation while Zo continued to cook. You see Zo, I just woke up from a coma and I have been wandering looking for my dragon so that I may return home.

Where is your home?

Only a few more days away, due west of here. You see I must return to my family and-

What, what is it?

'm not sure if I can return, I hope that the town hasn't been detroyed and I hope that my family can except me?

What do you mean except you?

You see the clothes I wear. They cover my back and-

Your wings yeah.. I see that!!

Well thats just it- I- Don't have them. Her voice stared off strong and then began to fade.

You what?

I don't have them. I'm not a dragoon, I'm human.

Well all dragoons are in some way. They are human before they get the dragons stone and become a- as Zo continued to spoeak Serena held her head down shying awa from Zo's words. You mean to say you hevn't taken a dragon's stone yet.

That's right.

Well what about your friend. How did you come across him.
As Zo sat down Serena began to explain how she met Ragnarok, raised him and how her family ugred her to kill him so that she make take his stone and transform. The story wasn't too long and she and Zo spent most of the morning talking.

As her story wound up they could hear all the comotion outside as the troops got ready for a possible attack.

Zo, Serena said as she sttod up, You must help me to tell the others before they rely on me too heavily and want me to do more than I can. Please you must.

Zo stood up and looked carefully at Serena, unsure of what to tell her.[/COLOR]

After Rydens big speech, Ryden told Hiei to scout the area. Hiei followed his leaders orders, even though Hiei was jealous of Rydens power he respected him. After flying around for a couple of hours Hiei was suprised how fast he was going. He was practicing every aspect of his form of fighting and flight before Rydens speech one day after the incident (Is that ok?). Hiei went much faster than most dragoons and probably went as far as he can go on foot in two days in just 3 hours. Hiei saw a village that was being raided by winglies. He decided to help after sighting the villagers fighting skills which were mediocre. When he dropped down to the village the village people were cornered seeing that some women were fighting also Hiei said "You women need to stay at home to take care of the children." Knowing that would get the 10 or 15 winglies left they looked back and one said "You dragoons need to stay out of our business!" "Oh really?" Hiei asked while thingking 'Lets try this move' and screamed "SUMMON SPEARS!" and about 15 spears appeared on the ground. "Wow what a powerful attack." and all of the winglies laughed and Hiei replied while picking up a spear "As a child I was trained for battle and the weapon I chose was the spear." After that said Hiei lunged the spear with lightning speed into a winglies throut and maimed him into a wall. All of the winglies were stunned and all ran away. "Thats right run! HAHAHA!" the villagers were also stunned after the attack. Suddenly Hiei looked over and asked "What are the casualties like?" and one villager spoke "One man, he's in bad shape. He got slashed across the chest." Hiei looked over to the man and asked "I might be able to help you, but if I cant is there any last words?" "Yes," said the man "Tell my daugter I love her." "What is your daughters name?" "Serena." said the man. And with those words Hiei gasped and quickly picked up the man then flew away rapidly and thought 'I have to hurry'

Hoshi, after Ryden's speech, slipped outside for a few moments. The rain sprinkled on her face lightly, unlike the pounding torrents of a few hours ago.

[i]I'll always be by your side, no matter what. I promise that you will never have to feel this way again.[/i] Hoshi remembered what Ryden had said. She sighed and smiled. If Ryden could actually make sure that she would never be scared again, she would be truly happy. Could he actually stay by her side... always? She started walking across the street, coming to her apartment. She looked up and flew up to her window. The glass hadn't shattered yet.

"Well, I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?" Hoshi kicked the window open and edged carefully through. She surveyed the scene. Her father was no where to be found, but the appartment looked exactly as she had left it. Hoshi made her way into her room and gathered up some spare clothes. She had a quick, cold shower and changed, having some difficulty getting her armor back on. She was about to leave when she saw a small picture of her mother. She stuffed it into her pocket and left the appartment, walking back to the medical center. Ryden was talking with some other dragoons, obviously describing what Xaru looked like in case of an attack. The other dragoons saluted Ryden and made their way to their posts. Ryden caught sight of Hoshi.

"You look better." He laughed, "The mud really didn't suit you."

"Tell me about it." She smiled. "We'll be leaving here soon, won't we?"

Ryden sighed, "Yeah."

"You up for a final training session in the basement? Not just weapons, but some actual physical attacks?" Hoshi looked at Ryden hopefully.

Did you mean like martial arts and stuff like that?
---------______
"It's going to have to be that way. Xaru tossed my sword to the wind." He nodded and they headed towards the basement. They once again got into position and waited for a sign. the sun passed behind the clouds, and they agreed to start at first reappearence. The clouds went by and they were off. They cornered off in the center of the room, exchanging blows. As they trained, Hoshi's speed and strength increased rapidly. They moved faster by the hour, cracks and dents in the pavement signs of their progress. They trained relntlessly for hours, until Ryden brought it to a hault.

"There, we'll pick it up from there next time. It's getting late." He yawned and walked up the stairs and Hoshi followed. "You should get some rest. We got one heck of a walk in front of us." Hoshi nodded. "I don't think we'll have to worry about Xaru much. He looked pretty beaten when I saw him." Ryden nodded and flew off. 'Xaru, expelled from the army and became a traitor. I wonder if I would have done the same?'

[COLOR=blue]Zo took a final glance at Serena then decided.

"Of course I'll help you tell them. I mean what are friends for anyways?" Serena smiled at her,

"I can't tell you how much that meant and means to me." Serena said almost happily. Zo was about to say something when Hiei flew through the door, holding a guy in his arms.

"Zo heal him quickly!" Hiei shouted although there was no need to. As Zo ran towards Hiei she saw Serena, who was gaping at the man, half in disbelief, half with joy. Zo whipped out her stone and placed it on the man's head, and started to chant the spell of healing.

Sorry for such a short post, but I'm in a hurry.^_^[/COLOR]