OtakuBoards

The Dragon Campaign

Squall

Hoshi was the first to speak. "Ryden!" She glaced at Zo, "I have to show you something I found in this city! It's really a wonderful place, isn't it?!" Hoshi grabbed Ryden's wrist and ran down a street away from Zo and Hiei.

"Hoshi? Why is your hand trembling?"

"I- I'm just hungry. This place is... a cafe! I was waiting to show it to you and then we can have something to eat, eh?" She laughed nervously. Her shoulder was still twinging from where Xaru had touched her.

"Is this the place?" Ryden asked, pointing to a cafe. Hoshi looked up. Xaru was sitting on top of the roof. He waved maliciously at her.

"NO! I-it's not! Keep going!" Hoshi ran as fast as she could, Ryden still keeping up with her. Hoshi hadn't been able to feel Xaru before, but now she could. She could feel his malicious energy bearing down on her, laughing at her attempts to save Ryden's life. Hoshi collapsed to the floor, heaving for breath.

"Wha- what's wrong Hoshi?!" Ryden stood her up, her legs didn't seem to work. She had hyperventilated. She knew Xaru was watching her and laughing. For once, she just didn't want to be such a rookie. She regained her footing.

"Okay, now that you're fine, let's find this cafe you've been talking abou-" Ryden turned and was cut off. Xaru stood in the middle of the street, smirking at Ryden. "Hoshi, get back."

"No, I can't! I won't!"

"Didnt' you just hear me?!! GO! GET OUTTA HERE!"

"How pathetic," Xaru sighed, walking slowly towards them, "You trying to save his life, when you knew I would get to him." Hoshi gritted her teeth in anger and fear. Xaru laughed. "Get out of the way, you don't want to get hurt."

"I won't move!"

"Stubborn, are you? Well, we'll just have to rectify that." Xaru put on a pair of gloves. They looked similar to Hiei's gloves, but they were definately not the same. A feeling of dread washed over Hoshi.

"Now... move or I shall make you move."

"Hoshi! Get out of here!" Ryden pushed her away, but she returned to her spot between Xaru and Ryden.

"I know that you could never kill me. You find me too, 'interesting.'"

"Kill you no, but... there are other things worse than death." Xaru was now so close to Hoshi, she could see her reflection in his armor. "This is your last chance, MOVE!!"

"Stop it Hoshi!"

"NO I WON'T MOVE!!!" Hoshi and Xaru stared off for a few seconds, not sure of what to do. Hoshi tilted her head up defiantly, and spat in Xaru's face. "That's for causing pain to us all."

"YOU INSOLENT DRAGOON WOMAN!!!" Xaru backhanded Hoshi into a building, through the glass and across a few tables. She came to rest, feeling negative energy pumping through her entire being. Suddenly, she could hear voices in her head.

[i]CURSE OF THOR! CURSE OF THOR! CURSE OF THOR! CURSE OF THOR!!!![/i]

"No... no stop!!! Make it stop!!!" Hoshi rolled around on the floor. The Curse of Thor spell dancing around the room. She was casting it uncontrollably. At this rate, she could kill everyone in the entire city! Hoshi did the only thing she could think of: she ran outside to pummel Xaru with the spell. Around five rounds were circling around her.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!!"

Xaru laughed. "What is worse than death you ask? Not being able to be around anyone, because the moment you see someone, you kill them with your strongest spell!!" Xaru removed the gloves. "Now, Ryden, we can commence our fight. I think Hoshi's light show will prove interesting for our match, considering that she's trying to kill YOU!"

Hoshi stood there, crying, wishing the spell would go away, but the chant would not stop in her mind. Lightning was dancing all over Gnarwood. Suddenly, she had an idea, "Ryden!!"

"What?!"

"I know a way that we could stop this! Please do this for me!"

"I'll do it. What is it?!"

"Knock me unconscious!" Ryden considered for a moment.

"You want me to HIT YOU?!!"

"Just do it! Or I'll never speak to you ever again, got that?!!"

Ryden sighed, "Alright, I'll do it." Hoshi nodded and stood still and straight. Ryden swifly hit her behind the neck. She could feel darkness creeping up on her. Xaru looked at her incredulously.

"Take that, you son of a-" Hoshi knew no more.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryden stood motionless as Hoshi slumped to the floor. He turned to Xaru. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?" Xaru laughed. "I answered her question, she asked what's worse than death, and I showed her." Ryden unsheathed his sword and pointed it at Xaru. "STOP TOYING WITH HER! SHE'S NOT OF YOUR CONCERN!" Xaru's response was more laughing. Ryden's eyes glew green as he charged at Xaru. He slashed at him and missed, but struck with a hard punch to the face. Xaru stumbled back, his grin still frozen onto his face. "That's it, show me what you are! Show me your power!" Ryden charged again, blinded by anger. His sword was skidding along the dirt and he rose it with a plume of smoke. "DIE!"

"Where did that infernal woman take Ryden?!" Hiei raved.

"She ran out of sight. She was trying to spare Ryden from fighting..." Zo sighed.

"Well, a lot of good that did! Xaru followed anyway!"

"Hoshi... doesn't really understand that-" A bolt of lightning struck near Zo, "YOW! What the heck?!"

"Look!" Hiei stared at the city in horror. Around seven of Hoshi's Curse of Thor attacks were skipping around the city. About a minute later, they disappeared.

"What was that...?" Zo whispered.

"I don't know. Something tells me that something is seriously wrong with Hoshi. She can't summon that much power to do seven of those things!"

"We best get-" Zo turned and stopped, open mouthed. Hiei looked as well. There, floating slightly above the ground, was a transparent image of Hoshi in a flowing white dress with wings.

"Hoshi!?! What- what's going on?!" Zo yelled.

"You're dead aren't you!"

The apparition laughed, "No, I'm not Hoshi. Although you're very close. My name is Hinotama, the Fallen Star of the Wind."

"That sounds like Hoshi, the Star of the Lightning." Zo reasoned.

"I am her mother. I died a long time ago."

"Why are you here?" Hiei eyed the woman suspiciously.

"Something has happened to Hoshi. A curse has been put upon her. She cannot stop casting the spell I gave her. Uncontrolled, it does severe damage."

"But, it stopped a minute ago."

"Ryden knocked Hoshi unconscious by her wish."

"How do you know all this?" Hiei was still suspicious.

"My dragoon spirit is around Ryden's neck. I have been trying to control his hatred for Xaru, but something is overriding my attempts."

"Where is he?!" Zo demanded.

Hinotama pointed down the street, "That way, then turn right. Hurry, Xaru might kill him!" With that, Hinotama disappeared. "I will protect him as long as Hoshi and my spirit can..."

[COLOR=teal]

Serena ran down the street hollering for everyone to get outta her way while Ragnarok trailed right behind her growling to make sure no one mistook his motives.

"Oh heavens," what's happened to Hoshi.

Serena could no longer sense the power from the curse of Thor which had been strongly thrown out just a few mintues ago. She headed for the center of the town hoping that luck would show her the right way.

Nothing!

"Damn," she looked around trying to find or sense any sign of Xaru's presense.

Frustrated that she could do nothing she turned to a building and hit it. Breaking a few knuckles in the precess.

"Now what was that for?" Ragnarok's voice jumped into her head quickly.

She walked over to him and fell on his side.

"I'm no good Ragnarok, I can't do anything right. I mean Xaru was right there in front of me and he so easily got away."

Tears ran down her cheek as she began to get more and more upset with herself.

"If only I weren't-"

"Now you shut up right now," Ragnarok's voice hissed at her and she felt his chest lightly growl with anger. She got up from Ragnarok and looked at him.

"You may not be a dragoon, but you have the heart and the will to fight. You keep that within you. Now lets go we cant just stay here hoping that Xaru might pass by."

She looked at the intesntiy in his eyes as she nodded in agreement.

"Get on."

She jumped on Ragnarok's back and he rose into the air sweeping dirt around the small town's center and causing a few women to yell. As she got higher into the sky she noticed a small group of winglies approaching he city.

"Hurry we must find Hiei and Zo. We must stop these winglies approaching us. It looks like their attack was much sooner than anticpated."

They flew close to the roof tops scanning the crowds for a sign of Hiei or Zo.[/COLOR]

"There they are," Hiei saw Xaru fighting with Ryden. Ryden looked infuriated with green eyes, "better stop this now." Hiei then put his arms sideways and said "SUMMON... BLACK FLAME SPEARS!!!" thousands of spears were floating in the air, all of them with black flames. Hiei looked over to Zo with black a black aura around his eyes, then he looked at Ryden. "Get out of the way Ryden!!!" Ryden hesitated but was smart and started to fly away. Xaru not noticing the spears that sorrounded him, Xaru laughed "Quitting already!? Ha!" After that Hiei put his outstrechted arms and closed his hands together to form a ball in front of him. The spears bolted toward Xaru until you couldnt see him and the spears exploded. Hiei then fainted...

[COLOR=teal] Serena flew over the city still looking back time and again as she noticed the winglie troop getting closer. As she looked around for any signs she noticed spears rising and then falling to the ground.

"HIEI!," she screamed, she turned Ragnarok in that dieraction and began to decline to the rooftops.

"Land right there Ragnarok,"she steered the dragon to a big roof top only near the place where the arrows landed. "We don't want to be seen just yet. Besdes Xaru may have a small group of winglies near him."

As they landed she quickly jumped off the dragon and ran to the edge looking over the roof down to the sceen below. The people were scattered and running away. Many trying to escaped the buildings close to where the fighting was. A few looked down from windows, hoping to be safe there.

As she looked around she not only saw Hoshi's body laying unconscious, but also Hiei's. Zo stood very close to Hie, trying to revitalize him while Hoshi just lay there. She saw a column of black smoke arising while Ryden floated in mid-air only about 50 feet away from the smoke. She saw no winglies in the area and jumped down from the roof, and ran to Zo.

"What's happened," she asked quickly.

"He overused his power. I have to heal him quickly." Zo replied looking back over Hiei and concentrating on healing him.

"What about Hoshi can you do the same for her?"

" I don't know but I will try. Please bring her to me."

Without another word spoken Serena sought a path to Hoshi who was on the other side of the smoke column. She looked for a way to go around and spotted a small path to do so. she began to run over to the cleared area when before her a figure walked out of the smoke laughing.

"Xaru!"

"Hiei, is that you." Xaru's voice said playfully."Now you didn't think that would work did you? Well, it may have been good to give me a few sratches but I hope you didn't think that would stop me."

Serena stood there maybe 20 feet from the figure who was still approaching her.

"You have the wrong person Xaru, but if it's a fight you want...."

"No!" Ryden landed in front of her. "You go rescue Hoshi, NOW!!!" [/COLOR]

(this looks really good when listening to Rachmaninov, concerto 2 part 3. Or if you can't find that, than try Gundam wing, white reflection, availabe on midi at the otaku .com

Ryden stood, sword outstreached in front of Serena. He slowly dropped a hand from his sword and extended it back. In the palm of his hand was the blue dragoon spirit. Serena took it and Ryden shot her back a glance, as if saying 'You know what to do.' Serena took the spirit and Ryden immediately charged at Xaru. "let's bring it up a noch! Speed of Wind!" Ryden's speed increased dramaticly, the tip of his sword becoming no more than flashes of light. To Ryden, everything had dissapeared accept Xaru, who manedged to level with Ryden's speed. Through the corner of Ryden's eye, he could see Hoshi beeing rushed off to safety. He momentarily grinned. 'She's safe. It's all good from here on out.'

[COLOR=blue]AHHH! Sorry I haven't posted in a while...

Zo helped carry Hoshi and Hiei away from the fight, which was extremly difficult. Finally when they were far enough away, Serena, Ragnarok, and herself layed them both against the wall. Zo checked them over; they were alright and didn't really need healing, in fact they were probably going to recover in a few minutes by themselves. Thinking really hard, Zo replaced the stone back into her pouch, and stood up.

"Zo, What are you doing? They need to be healed." Serena said

"What do you think they will do after I heal them? They will both head right back into that fight. Ryden knows exactly what he is doing, he just needs a few minutes to face Xaru alone before anyone else helps him. And that is what I'm giving him." Serena thought then nodded.

"What I can't figure our is how Xaru got my gloves." Zo said thinking outloud.

"Your gloves?"

"Yes, my gloves...Oh well, they won't continue to help him much longer." She said, smiling.

"How do you know that?" Serena asked puzzled. Zo grinned.

"Well, firstly because they were made for me, secondly, they were made by the most powerful Sorceress in the Winglie kingdom, therefore they naturally have a powerful spell on them, which will counteract Xaru's powers and instead of hitting Ryden, they will hit Xaru, and it doesn't matter how hard he tries to dodge it, it will hit him." Zo stated in a grim tone.

"Oh." Serena replied. "What are we going to do?" she added.

"Well, I'm going to go gather some recruits and your going to watch them." She said nodding her head towards Hoshi and Hiei. Serena was going to argue but didn't, Zo gratefully took off into the air, towards the winglies that were flying towards the city. She flew in a beeline towards them, counting them as she went, [I]twenty-nine, thirty, thirty-one.[/I] Zo frowned and landed on a rooftop. Then she signaled for the winglies to land. Eventually they had all landed, and Zo signaled she was going to speak.

"You all may have heard, about that winglie that has betrayed all the winglies." Several nodds and outcries sounded, but quickly died down again as Zo continued.

"She stands before you now," Several weapons were drawn at once.

"I did not come here to fight you, but to talk, and to rectify myself. You may think I was wrong in what I did, but it is you that are wrong." Zo's deep voice strengthened as she continued, drowning out the angry outbursts.

"All that I ask is that you listen to my words, and really listen, take them into your hearts, and let your heart guide you. You all know me as Zo, twin sister of Marie, Daughter of the Chief, Lead General of the second Winglie Army, and The Chosen daughter of Night. But I talk to you now, as a friend, who only wants the best for both people. I have only two questions and I want you to answer them within yourselves.
One, If you were enslaved by the Humans would you fight for freedom?" Zo waited a moment for them to think about that, signs of compassion grew on the faces on many.

"It is natural for any race to want freedom, do not think humans are without emotions. And now I want you to answer this outloud. Will you fight, to put an entire race into slavery?" There was an akward silence, then a voice sounded echoed by others.

"No, I will not." This phrase was soon said by all the winglies on the roof.

"Good, If so then will you fight to free the race that our fathers enslaved?" They all agreed. Zo, close to tears, nodded happily then said.

"Then follow me." With that she flew off the roof, not looking back. Behind her she could hear others taking flight and soon she spotted Serena looking into the sky, pulling her weapon out readily. Zo waved then landed beside her. Hoshi and Hiei were just beginning to stir,

"Serena, I would like to introduce you to these excellent winglies, who have joined our cause in liberating the human race.

"Glad to have you on our side-" She was about to say some more, but was interrupted by some sounds coming from Hiei and Hoshi.[/COLOR]

Hoshi rolled over onto the ground, her head feeling as though it was splitting in two.

"Ohhh... what happened?" She opened her eyes. [i]The curse!! Oh n-[/i]

[i][b]CURSE OF THOR! CURSE OF THOR! CURSE OF THOR! CURSE OF THOR! CURSE OF THOR![/b][/i] Hoshi gripped her head and screamed. Lightning was raining down around her, circling her.

"What's going on?!" Zo yelled.

"I don't know!" Serena watched the spells circle Hoshi, coming close to Hiei. "I'll get him!" Serena nimbly dodged a Curse of Thor and pulled Hiei away from Hoshi. Hoshi looked up into Serena's face, smiled for a fleeting second, then resumed screaming.

[COLOR=blue]Zo thought quickly, as she watched Hoshi screamed holding her head, Hiei came to as Serena grabbed him,

"What is that woman doing!?!" He yelled at Serena who dropped him in surprise, she had thought he was unconcious. She apoligized quickly, and turned her attention to Hoshi who was begging somebody to knock her out. The spells were flying all around her and several winglies tried but got thrown back when a spell would hit them. Serena was about to rush forward and try, when Zo yelled.

"Don't! I have a better idea!!!" Serena stopped running and looked at her.

"It'd better work or the city will be chaos." She yelled over the screams that were sounding all over the city. Zo nodded and pulled a sack out of her one of her pouches. She opened it carefully trying not to spill it's contents, but suddenly a spell hit her,

"Curses!" She yelled as sand filled the air, then landed on the ground, quickly she grabbed a handful, then sprinkled on the ground, kneeling she whispered,

"[I]Ast tasark sinuralan krynaw,[/I]" She raised her right hand in a arc and pointed it directly at Hoshi. A yellow light flew out of her hand and hit Hoshi full blast in the chest, Hoshi stopped screaming, blinked her eyes a few times then slumped to the ground in a deep sleep. The spell stopped immediately, Serena and Hiei looked alarmed.

"Don't worry it didn't hurt at all, in fact it feels like somebody puts a warm blanket over you, trust me." Zo said as she was kneeling,trying to gather as much sand from the ground as possible.

"How long will it last?" Hiei said rubbing the back of his head, where Serena had dropped him.

"Pretty long since I grabbed a large handful, probably thirty or twenty minutes." She said grimly, standing up, having filled her sack. All the winglies were getting up also, which caught Hiei's attention.

"Look out! Behind you, SUMMON SPEAR!" He yelled, a spear appeared in his hand, Zo and Serena both yelled,

"No!"

"Hiei don't!"

"They are on our side! You know like me!" Hiei looked puzzled put his spear to the side and looked at the winglies who were all nodding...[/COLOR]

Ryden had felt the intensity of the curse of thor's, he heard the screaming of Hoshi. But he didn't care. All that was on his mind was going faster and destroying Xaru. The fight had reached amazing speeds. Every now and then the remains of a windslash were seen tearing through the town. Sweat trickled down Ryden's forehead as his own speed stopped increasing. 'This can't be my limit! I need more speed!' Ryden could barely dodge Xaru's blade. The wind following the blade was almost enough by itself to knock Ryden off balence. Ryden suddenly backed away, gasping for breath. "What's wrong? Are you done already?"
"Not even close." Ryden's voice was shaken. 'It worked before, I have no choice.' His hand dropped to his side and tensed in rythem to his heart beat. 'Sorry...'

Hiei spat on the ground, "That fool is going to do it again." Hiei looked at Hoshi, and Hoshi began to scream "No don't!" She began to run towards Ryden but Hiei held her back "Let go of me!" She yelled, "Don't worry," Hiei replied, "I'm going to help, now help or get out of the way!" Hoshi looked into Hiei's eyes while he put out his arms. "This time we will kill you!" Hiei's muscles began to bulge, Ryden looked over to him and smirked. The black flames began to bead from the gloves and suddenly engulfed Hiei. "Are you people going to help or just stand their?" Hiei's arms now began to shake rapidly...

"Wait for it, You'll only get one shot." Ryden signalled to Hiei as he charged Xaru. Hiei was going to say something in return, but decided to concentrate on building up his energy. Ryden sheathed his sword and concentrated on dodging Xaru's attacks. When the right time presented itself, he grabbed one of Xaru's wrist and swung around behid him. Xaru tried to grab him, but resulted in trapping his other wrist. Ryden crouched on his back, coiling like a spring. Xaru tugged and flailed around. "Get off!"
"HIEI! NOW!!!"

"Ja Ou... EN SATSU KOKU RYU HA!!!" Hiei directed both arms to Xaru, unlike last time, Xaru can't dodge it, and, there where two dragons. Xaru looked terrified, flailing ever so faster, Ryden said, "Your gonna die this time." The dragons got closer, "If Im going to die, I will bring you down with me!!!" With those words Xaru and Ryden started to wrestle eachother, then there was a big black explosion. Everyone ducked and covered except for Ryden and Xaru...

Hiei waited for the black aura of smoke to clear. Instead of blowing away, it started to whirl around. The smoke then completely dissapeared. Ryden hung limply from Xaru's grasp, twitching and quivering. "Fool, he left himself open." Xaru tossed him aside. "Using him as a sheild wasn't hard after that." Ryden figeted on the ground, his mind was no longer there. Hiei went into a fighting pose and waited. "You've made it abundently clear Hiei, and now you have my full attention." He picked up his glave and held it over his shoulder. "It's your turn now."

Hiei growled to see Ryden Injured, and after summoning two spears Hiei said, "If I get injured, bring me next to Ryden."

"Why?" asked Serena, "can't Zo heal him?"

"No, She has wasted too much energy already. She might die." Murmered Hiei

Xaru laughed, "All of you are too weak, HAHAHA..." Xaru looked suddenly shocked and got on his knee's and started coughing blood, everyone else looked shocked except Zo.

"I knew it!" Zo exclaimed, "He is weak, attack Hiei!"

[I]This is my chance...[/I] "I will kill you!!!" Hiei charged Xaru, still coughing, Xaru looked up to see Hiei engulfing the spear with dark flames.

[I]No... I can't die... Not yet...[/I] "Ahhhhhhhh!!!" Xaru was now charging Hiei, Hiei, still charging Xaru now stopped in his tracks. Xaru now leaped in the air, pike aiming towards Hiei. Hiei threw the spear at Xaru, but Xaru was quick enough to dodge it, then looked down to where Hiei was, but he wasnt there. Xaru looked behind him to see a spear on his back and Hiei behind him also.

"And now for the finish!" Hiei commanded the spear to plunge toward the ground, which it did. And caused Xaru to go towards the ground, Hiei's arms where weak and he was puffing chronically. Hiei walked away from the scene to then hear... Xaru's laughter. Hiei looked back in shock, "No..."

"Hahahaha! You almost got me killed!" Xaru dissapeared, and Hiei was looking around in fear. "And now I will kill you..." Xaru said behind Hiei, once Hiei loked back but not fast enough before Xaru scured (sp?) him in the back

"Gaaaaaah!!!" Hiei was shaking from the damage still hanging on the spear.

"Hehe, you were fun." Xaru then swung his pike which lunged Hiei toward a building.

"Hiei!"

[I]Sorry I meant to reply earlier XP[/I]

Marie had just walked into the town, but as she walked in others were running out. The wind had picked up which made her silver/blue hair flicker around her face. Dust blew around the town, which made it hard to see around the town. She then spotted a winglie!, and thought of running to it, but stood her ground.
She then felt a big burst of energy coming from another part of town. She ran with her mace ready to attack at any given moment, but then an after blast blew her back to the ground, and dropped her mace. When she got up the after blast was gone now all she had to do was figure out what made it.
When she reached the scene of were the blast came from. She saw Xaru and anther boy in mid attack, many wingleis, including her sister, and dragoons, that she had seen before and fought, but now all she could do was get ready to fight with her mace or go home crying to her mommy...

[I] I will fight... [/I]

[COLOR=blue]As the fight raged above, Zo gathered her strength; then ran full speed towards Hiei, who had just hit the ground. Xaru was just about to finish him off, when Zo hit him from behind, with her axe handle, Xaru flew across the courtyard and hit a building where he coughed up some more blood for a moment.

"Leave him Alone!" Zo screamed at him, while her energy grew, mounted with a strange calmness and surity, she had never felt before. As Xaru stood up he yelled back to them,

"A nice blow, now step aside I don't have time to mess with a weak winglie." Then he charged. Zo stood her ground, then just as he reached her, she leapt quickly to the side, spinning around she struck his back with her axe, but it didn't manage to go deep enough to be fatal. Xaru spun around attempting to slash her with his pike, but She jumped over it, as it swept under her. As she dodged, swing after swing, her hand hit her pouch where the dragoon spirit was.
Quickly, she grabbed it and put it around her neck. She watched amazed, as bronze and gold armor covered her, hazel like wings sprouted out, and she gasped as she felt all her energy return. Strength she never had, filled her and she stared into Xaru's shocked eyes.
She took advantage of his shock and swinging her axe, never taking her eyes of his, brought it down hard, her aim was perfect. It sliced the sharp end of his pike off.

"Nooo! Curse you!" Forgetting his pike Xaru began to chant one of his spells, but Zo beat him.

"Entkisaentkoage Riher Riherentkiumherlin" Zo smiled at him, Xaru tensed for a moment waiting for something to happen, but when nothing did, he grinned and laughed triumphantly.

"Ha! Your spell didn't even happen! Let me show you true power." With that Xaru summoned his power then said a spell, Zo meanwhile kept grinning. Suddenly Xaru screamed as his spell backfired and hit him full blast. He slumped to the ground, coughing blood all the while.

"Never steal another's things, Xaru, you never know when they will betray." Xaru looked up and chuckled, then slowly pulled off the gloves. Quite suddenly he leapt up and yelled something, Zo couldn't hear what he said, because a blast came from under her. She was thrown across the courtyard, where she skidded to a stop.

"Doekientkidoedouminsto, Catyclysm" Zo pointed her axe straight at Xaru, then swung it into the ground. The ground shook underneath Xaru causing him to fall, then rocks pelted at him from the sky, several managed to hit him, before the spell ended.

"Is that the best you can do?" Xaru said laughing, shaking himself free from the debris.

"No." Zo said trance like then yelled as loud as she could. "Renkiherage!" An animal appeared before her, but she couldn't make out its form. A look of horror came upon Xaru's face as he anxiously gripped for the sharp point of his pike. Zo had summoned an animal's spirit, but not just any animal's spirit; the one animal that Xaru feared the most. Not paying any attention to the animal, who had started running towards Xaru, she ran towards Hiei, where she began healing him, she looked up to see the animal had bitten several times. Right now it had it's jaws clenched around Xaru's arm and wasn't letting go. Xaru was stabbing savagely at it, trying to kill it, all the while the same look of horror on his face. Zo just hoped it would last in time for her to complete her healing.[/COLOR]

All of Ryden's wounds healed magically, but he did not seem to change in condition. His head rose, but dropped back down again. "Ryden! Wake up!" Zo yelled at him as she shook him. His eyes opened, but they were a dark green sickly color. Xaru was almost done with the beast. Zo repetedly shook him. "Ryden!" He responded by going almost completely limp. Zo didn't know what was wrong with him. She stood up to see Xaru very nealy done with the beast. She swallowed hard and stopped trying to wake Ryden. She stood up with her axe out in front of her. "What now? She asked herself quietly.

OOC: Sorry haven't posted in a bit. Had writers block. In a way I still do.
--------------------------------------------------

[COLOR=teal]
Serena saw that Zo was no longer able to keep her focus on the fight jumped in.

Zo: Serena, what do you think you are doing? You will get kil-

Serena: Well so be it, so far I see only a few people who may be able to finish off Xaru, and I am not one of them. If I die then I die, I will be in a better place and I will have given them time to heal completely. You help Ryden, get him well and if I am gone. Tell him I'm sorry.

Serena walked over to Xaru seeing the human girl come and face him.

Xaru: You're not even dragoon and you try to fight. I woudln't even waste my time with you.

Serena: Well let see how pitiful I am then.

Xaru: Wll if you wish to die so badly, I can help you with that.

Serena: Well seeing that I'm such a lady. I'll give you the first shot.

Xaru smiled at the girl.

Xaru: Very cocky I see, but it ends here.

He ran to the girl and puched her in the chest. She was sent flying into a building and she gasped for air.

Xaru: Don't tell me you're gone already.

Serena rose from the rubble and regained her balance. After a few moments she spoke.

Serena: Of course not, you have to do better thatn that.

Xaru came again quickly after Seren. She dodged him quickly and threw a dagger at him. Xaru saw it coming and bent back.

Xaru: Not bad, but not good enough.

Xaru again came after Serena who was luckily dodging his phyical attacks for now. She hadn't really tried to attack and didn't know how to catch him off guard.

Xaru: C'mon and fight little girl.

Serena stood still and Xaru came after her again and kicked, She jumped over the kicked and landed behind him hitting him in the back. Xaru only stumpbled a few feet and turned quickly to the girl.

Xaru: She finally lands a punch. Now I stop being gentle.
[/COLOR]

During the entire fight, Hoshi had been doing her best to control the spells that kept coming out of the sky. Several times, Zo and Serena had to jump out of the way or pull Ryden or Hiei away from a bolt. Zo was sitting near Ryden and obviously panicking over something. Hoshi managed to get within shouting distance.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH RYDEN?!!"

"COME HERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!"

"IF I DO, I'LL TARGET HIM!!"

"HIS EYES ARE A GREENISH COLOR! I THOUGHT I HAD HEALED HIM..."

A Curse of Thor appeared over Zo's head. Hoshi managed to push her out of the way, but she and Ryden were fried. Hoshi pushed Ryden away from her.

[i]Wait... if I can see them... I target them! There might be a way to ensure that people aren't hurt![/i] Hoshi tore one of her sleeves away and blindfolded herself. She could only hear the endless chant in her head and the crackling of the spells around her. She sat where she was, not wanting to hurt anyone, keeping her eyes closed.

[i]Xaru... you will pay for cursing me!![/i]

"Hoshi!! Let me heal you!!"

"It wouldn't work!" Serena dodged both a lightning bolt and one of Xaru's fists. "It's a curse, not an ailment! We'll have to find someone to break it!" Serena jumped back and did a flying kick into Xaru's head.

"Hoshi I know one thing that could help you until we find someone to break the spell. Are you up to it?"

"Anything Zo!"

"You would lose your voice..." Hoshi was silent. Her eyes and her voice.

"Do it. And..." She sighed, "Tell Ryden for me... I'm sorry I did this..."

"Alright. You ready?"

Hoshi nodded, then said, "Yes."

"Alright... SILENCE BUSTER!!" Hoshi felt her throat open wide, like there was cotton in it. She could no longer hear her voice chanting Curse of Thor in her head. She wanted to thank Zo endlessly, but she couldn't make a sound, she couldn't even cry. She crawled blindly over to Ryden's body and took his hand. Zo put her hand on Hoshi's shoulder.

"It's alright. I'm sure he'll understand..."

This is going to be really weird but oh well!

Ryden was falling. He looked around. Everything was pitch black. He felt disorientated and very dizzy. He hit the floor with an odd echoing thud. He slowly stood up and rubbed his head. A long ways away was a light. "Is this the dark tunnel? Am I dead?" His thoughts echoed around him. "DAMN IT! IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS! I STILL HAVE TOO MUCH TO DO!" Almost immediately the light rushed at him, sending him onto a large hovering platform. Mirrors surrounded the platform, showing different images. "Your not dead." Ryden whirled around to see a kid that looked very similar to himself. "Absorbing Hieis beam and amplifying it into Xaru with your own energy. I really hoped I would grow up with more sense." Ryden sat on the floor in an almost cross legged position. "If I'm not dead, what the hell happened?"
"Your body absorbed it, amplified it, but couldn't shoot it back out. Pretty much, it poisioned your system and your nerves shut down." The kid ran towards Ryden and dissapeared. "Great." Ryden sighed and looked over the mirrors. He saw a picture of Gnarwood. Hoshi was in the picture, walking away from him. He watched as she nodded at Zo, who then prepared to fire something at Hoshi. "HOSHI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! STOP! ZO! DON'T DO IT!" It was too late and Zo fired something into Hoshi. Ryden ran into the mirror and started punching it. "DAMN IT HOSHI! WHAT WAS THAT?! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" He watched Hoshi walk over to his body and pick up his hand. Seeing that it wan't suicide amde Ryden calm down a little bit. He slumped to the floor, pale and drenched in sweat. "The most important thing I had to teach her, and I didn't say a word." He looked up at Hoshi. She seemed very sad. He watched her until he felt darkness creep over him again. Ryden's bodies movements started to go smoother, instead of violent twitches. "Goh-...Ghoshi"

[COLOR=blue]Zo knelt beside Hoshi trying to support and comfort her, the battle between Serena and Xaru was forgotten for a moment, then suddenly Ryden spoke,

"Goh-...Ghoshi" His violent twitches almost instantly slackened and became minor movements, his eyes flickered up to Hoshi's face.

"Yeah, I heard him too, it sounded like he said Hoshi." Tears filled Hoshi's eyes and she laid her head on Ryden's chest. Zo thought it was a appropriate time to leave so she slowly got up and left those two, then went over to Hiei. But before she could get to him she saw the winglies pick him up and fly over the battle, to her. They landed beside a few yards away from Hoshi and Ryden, where they laid Hiei. Zo rushed over to him and healed him. He woke with a start,

"What? I've gotta' help!" With that he jumped up and ran out to help Serena." Zo was about to follow when she felt a tap on her shoulder...[/COLOR]

OOC: this is getting suspensful.

"Hey!" Hiei screamed over to Xaru, it seemed like he was taunting Serena, "Look over here you idiot!" Xaru looked over to Hiei with discrace, "its round three now you b@$t*rd!"

"You are too persistant." Xaru laughed.

Serena looked upset at Hiei, "This is our fight now Hiei!"

"Just let this be my last and final attack."

Serena looked shocked and Xaru looked confused, "What do you mean?"

"The dragons I have been summoning are not real, they are just ones I created from energy... But, now I will summon a real dragon now, to do that I must sacrifice my life!" Hiei clenched his right fist in front of his face, with a black aura around his body.

Xaru, still shocked screamed, "I will not let you!!!" Xaru was now charging towards Hiei, but was punched on the way down. Xaru bolted at a buidling and got smashed into it, once he got up he heard a voice say "We havent finished yet."

"Damn you human!" Xaru was now charging at Serena, but before he could get to her he lost his balance from an earthquake. "What is this!?"

Hiei was laughing now, "Feel the wrath of the hell dragon!!!" Now a large crater was formed in front Hiei, "For the sacrifice of my life you will be in pain for all eternity... Even if you live!!!"

[I]Once on the battlefield you can trust me.[/I]

[I]You stupid woman!!![/I]

[I]I don't want your ridiculous stories or excuses.[/I]

[I]Fine, I guess watching Ryden die is a good idea genius[/I]

[I]SHUT THE !*&^ UP AND LISTEN!!![/I]

[I]You fool![/I]

[I]You think I am a man with no emotions...[/I]

[I]I am a man with emotions![/I]

[I]I'm not gonna let Ryden get the spotlight this time...[/I]

Hiei looked up into the sky, 'I am sorry... I wish... I can be stronger for all of you.'

"NOW DIE!!!" A dragon 10 times larger than the normal dragons emergered from the ground and glared at Xaru, the dragon opened his mouth and unleashed a black flame. The flame engulfed Xaru, after a couple of seconds Hiei began to scream, "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" and fell on his knee's. "Goodbye..." and fell face down on the ground. The dragon went down from the hole which he came from, after the smoke lifted Xaru's skin was black and his face all mangled, Xaru looked at his hands which were also mangled. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Hoshi listened in horror as Hiei performed his attack. She could only hear Hiei's yelling and the rush of something powerful. Zo yelled and Hoshi was afraid. She gripped Ryden's hand and covered her ears. Suddenly, it all stopped.

"Good... bye..." She heard something slump to the ground.

"HIEI!!" Zo screamed. Hoshi crawled along the ground, slipping. She heard a voice.

[i]Don't cry Hoshi.[/i]

Hoshi was startled. She groped around. A light laugh pervaded her mind. [i]No, I'm not where you can see me. No one can. I'm inside you.[/i]

[i]Inside me?[/i]Hoshi thought. [i]But... no one lives inside me.[/i]

[i]I do now. You took my dragoon spirit and picked up your whip and fought for the right cause.[/i]

[i]My neighbor! You were killed by Xaru! Tooya...[/i]

[i]I was. But now, I live on in you. Tell me something, do you want me to save this man's life?[/i]

[i]Who is on the ground? Is it Ryden or Hiei?![/i]

[i]It is the one you know as Hiei.[/i]

[i]Yes! Yes Tooya save him! Please![/i]

[i]Be warned Hoshi, it will cost you my dragoon spirit. You will no longer possess the ability to become a dragoon.[/i]

[i]What about the Curse of Thor?[/i]

[i]Sadly, the curse will remain with you. You will become an ordinary human mage.[/i]

[i]And Xaru?[/i]

[i]Hiei's spell will be... cancelled.[/i]

Hoshi was silent. She knew that Hiei would hate her for doing this, but she had to. She didn't want to see Hiei gone when she finally resolved her curse.

[i]Tooya? Do it.[/i]

[i]I owe you my life Hoshi, so I will give mine to your friend.[/i] Hoshi felt her dragoon spirit exit her body. It shattered. Hoshi could sense Tooya's spirit entering Hiei's body and giving him new life. He coughed several times and was silent.

[i]It has been done Hoshi. By the way...[/i] Tooya laughed, [i]Your mother's really doing a number on Ryden. She's doing her best to cleanse him of his poisoning.[/i]

[i]Thank you Tooya, for everything.[/i]

[i]Farewell Hoshi... I shall see you in heaven...[/i]