OtakuBoards

The Dragon Campaign

Squall

"Gnarwood..." Hoshi continued packing her backpack. After Ryden and her training session, she was feeling a bit apprehensive about leaving. But Ryden seemed to think it was for the best, so she wouldn't voice her concerns. It really wasn't her place. "There... I finished packing everything. Tomorrow we... head out, I guess."

"Miss Hoshi!" Someone was at her room door pounding on it.

"Yes, you may come in." A blue dragoon burst into the room, panting. "What is it?"

"Hiei... is back... thought... you'd want... to know..." The dragoon panted.

"Well for God's sake, you didn't have to run all the way up here to tell me that!" Hoshi ran down the stairs. She knew that Hiei had gone out on his own to scout the area, and as much as she hated him, she was concerned. She turned a corner and came upon Zo healing a man that Serena was calling her father.

"What's going on here? What happened?!"

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What happened was that there was a bunch of winglies at this village about three hours away on wings, and I saw a bunch of winglies pillaging it. So I decided it was a good chance to use my new skill, which I am not gonna teach ANYONE. Because your so curious to learn how to fight, anyways, I killed a winglie and they ran away. After that I asked what the casualties were and the villagers told me only one got injured. So then I got here." Everybody looked around and then the man got up after Zo healed and he said "Serena... Where have you been..."

"Whoah, nearly knocked my friggin head off!"
Thesus was practising his fighting in an open field where feinds had been spotted when a dragon had flown out of no where and swooped him. He decided to try and hunt it down, even though he knew how hard it was to kill a dragon.

"C'mon, I'll show ya who you're messing with now buddy!"

Thesus jumped onto a biggish rock and bent down like a cat hunting a bird and then let fire with about 60 arros from his crossbow and they flew through the air like a bullet, then peircing the soft under belly of the beast. Crash! The Dragon fell down and hit the ground with an ear peircing bang, thesus walked over towards it briskly and when he reached the layed out creature he found a sphere, twirling around and lighting up the surroundings, it was a darkish green and he picked it up, it felt like it was draining his energy and it seemed to disintergrate into his hand...he felt like his insides were about to spew out of his body.

The next day Thesus had big stretch marks along his hands and they were a greenish colour and while he was in town he felt the need to go to the toilet and his arms grew into scailey wings in a quick flash. He know knew what had happend, he had transformed into a dragoon, he thought that this was impossible, just a myth...

He had to accept his fate as a dragoon, he was extremely angry at himself but he was infamous for not showing his emotions to anybody, not even himslef...he had to carry on with life and take his ways with being a dragoon...just like his father.

Now it was time to touch up on his magic, and join the dragoons...

[COLOR=teal]

Serena looked down as the man approached her.

father: Do you not hear me talking to you ? where have you been?

Serena: I've been away dealing witha few things on my won. I was on my way home when I got attacked and put into a coma and....

Befroe she could finish her explanation her father came up to her and hugged her tightly. A tear rolled down his eyes as Serena was sad and yet happy to see him and hug him once more. Tears of joy came streaming from her eyes.

Father: My daughter I have missed you so? I am just so happy to see you

Serena stoos ther in his amrs for a moment still crying and then she stood back and looked at him

Serena: Where is-

Her dad looked down knowing who she was talking about.

Father: They killed her, and everyone else is gone to. They attacked us all withough warning our family had to time to react and all the dragoons in our village are dead. I am the only one still alive and yet I cannot do anything. I have been long too old to fight.

As her father continued on with the story she began to cry again. As she heard everything come to her again she turned away from her father and sat down at a chair.

Zo stepped to her friend but was held back by Hoshi who knew that her father must be the one to comfort her.

Zo: She needs me beside her.

Hoshi: Not yet Zo. She must hear everything first.

[/COLOR]

Marie sat on a rock over look'n the camp thinking why she was here. for no reason she had come to only see nothing. She felt bored and did feel at her best.
Hmmm well now...ya that's what I'll do.
she got a headed to the camp. she got to a tent and looked. It looked like a food center. She saw a few cooks leave then slipped in.
Hmmm lets see 1st I'll put this on.
She put on what the other cooks had on.
this could help. hmm doesn't look like anybody in here. Oh well
She started to look through all the stuff but heard someone come, and ran out.
under cover is harder then it seems, but at least I look human. I can't believe I said that.
she walked in and acted like a cook, and not one person saw a difference. now all she had to do was figure out there next move and get out alive.

[COLOR=teal]
Serna sat near her father while evryone else listened to the horrific story of how everyone in her family was slain. Her older cousins left right before the winglies attacked and luckily weren't found or harmed so far. Her mother and her brothers were all gone. Now only she and her father lay the main ones alive. Tears of hurt streamed down her eyes as ths story seemed to pla longer and longer in her head. As pain keep getting stronger a sense of hate and anger began to replace ir. Her hatered of the winglies. What had her family done to deserve death.
As she began to ponder that thoughts of her being harmed by the winglies. Also the attack on Ragnarok. As it began to filter through her bidy Serena screamed and stormed out of the cafeteria. Zo seeing her friend very hurt followed her.

Zo: Its gonna be okay Serena!!

Serena held her head down and replied.

Serena: I WANT THEM ALL DEAD!!!![/COLOR]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry so short Im rushed but I'll be back to make it longer okay!!!

"Well now is your chance." Hiei said "What!?" everybody said in unison. "I sense a winglie, and in your position Serena, I would go look for it." "IT!" Zo said in anger "My race aren't reffered as IT!" "Shut up, now is not the time to bicker." said Hiei "Where is it?" Serena said "Its inside the building..."

Marie had left the food area, not wanting to stay in one spot to long in the fear of a trap, but she didn't get very far when she saw her sister and a bunch of [I] stupid [/I] dragoons (<---hope you didn't mind) she waited there a bit and then noticed they knew she was there!

[I] what do I do? I can't just stand here like a...like a..Human! [/I]

And with that she came from out of the shadow and in to the light where everyone can see.

"Why hello sis," Marie said, "I see you still prefer these fools over your own kind."

Before Zo could reply Serena interjected, "Your kind, you mean animals, heartless cruel beings with no sense of pity. Zo is nothing like that."

"A bit fiesty there, aren't we," Marie said. "So Zo, you gonna let this human speak for you."

"HUMAN!!" The look of enjoyment disappeared from Hiei's face as he learned that Serena was a human. He was so enjoying the small cat arguement. "Why hadn't I figures it out earlier."

"Cause I didn't want you to." Serena said. Now if you two don't mind I have a few words to speak to young winglie." Serena slowly stepped away from Zo and Hiei but quickly stopped in her tracks.
"Zo, no matter the outcome of this I know you had no part in this and I in no way condemn, please realize how I feel but I must do something. Please say you understand."

As Serena waited for Zo's reply a small rumble of thunder rolled in the background. The setting of music for a small battle about to take place.

"Serena! Calm down! Right now you're only a human!" Hoshi stood in front of Hiei and Serena, talking over her shoulder. "I don't hold that against you. I only became a dragoon yesterday, when my neighbor's sister gave me her dragoon spirit that she was saving." Hoshi turned to Marie. "You were with Xaru, were you not?"

Marie nodded in defiance, "What's wrong with that, Dragoon?!"

"Xaru killed my neighbor who was like a father to me. He kidnapped me, he put Zo, Hiei, Serena, and Ryden in danger. He attacked a defenseless town and slaughtered innocents. I won't forgive Xaru, or anyone who associates with him."

"Strong words for one so young and hideous." Marie retorted.

"Say what you like," Hoshi uncoiled her whip, "This ends now."

[i]Forgive me Ryden, for picking a fight like this. I'll show you that my training was not in vain![/i]

Marie charged with her mace, swinging it defensively in front of her. Hoshi looked up and lept into the rafters of the building. Marie, furious flew up just as Hoshi fell down. She let Marie come into close combat with her this time.

[i]Her mace is nothing compared to Ryden's sword, it's too heavy! I'll have to wait for the opportune time.[/i]

She lept onto Marie's shoulders and whacked her in the back of the head. Falling to the ground, she did a sweep kick to Marie's ankles. The winglie fell to the ground.

"Please Hoshi! Don't hurt her!" Zo cried.

Hoshi turned to Zo, "I won't! I-" Marie had gotten up and whacked Hoshi in the side of the head, "...promise..." Hoshi could feel consciousness slipping away from her. She crouched on the ground holding her bleeding face, struggling to stay awake.

"Some fighter you are! One hit and you're down!" Marie smirked. Hoshi looked at the floor tiles.

[i]She's four tiles away from me. That should be enough.[/i]

Suddenly, Hoshi's whip lashed out, wrapping around Marie's wrists. The mace fell to the floor. "HUH?!!" Hoshi lept into the air and flew through a rafter. With a swift tug, Marie was swept off her feet and hung in the air, legs kicking. Hiei ran over to Hoshi and grabbed the whip just as she passed out from her head injury.

"Heh, good job there," Hiei said smirking "But one problem." Hiei now was looking at Marie he said "You forgot to kill her! SUMMON SPEAR!" a spear fell on the ground and with one hand Hiei grabbed the spear and cocked it behind his head and suddenly a voice said "No stop!" and just before Hiei threw it Zo's hand partially blocked the spear and the spear lunged towards the wipe and released Marie and marie laughed with joy "Stupid dragoons, you set me free!" and with those words Marie flew away. "NOOOOO!!!" Hiei screamed "You fool!" Hiei glared at Zo with anger...

Ryden walked in from the other room. He stared in confusion at the scene. Hoshi was bleeding on the floor and Hiei was furious at Zo. He blinked stupidly as he looked around. "Did I miss something?" They told him the story and he nodded. "I'm gone for one little bit, and this happens." he sighed and walked to the kitchen, ordering the cooks to check all foods for contamination. He looked back at the unconcience Hoshi. He smiled as Zo healed her wounds and regained concience. He was glad that the wingly was an ameture, or else she would be dead. No warrior would infiltrate a base and then leave. "Okay, it looks like nothing or nobody was severly hurt, so we will leave for Gnarwood in a matter of hours. I hope you are all packed and prepared for desert terrains." He sighed. A few days ago, he was no more than an ordinary soldier. 'And now' he grumbled to himself, 'I'm suddenly a fifty stars general without a moments peace.'

[COLOR=teal] As Serena walked away from the small battle scene. The rain outside had began to pour one more time. After seeing that Hoshi and Zo were fine and getting word of their soon departure Serena headed to Ragnarok to get her things together.
When she reached the door Serena turned to Hoshi.
"I thank you for your valiant fight."
Hoshi looked up at Serena who had paused for just moment.
"well, your wel-."
Serena interupted,"But that one was not your fight." Her eyes gazed at Hoshi with tears filling them slowly. "Whether I'm human or dragoon I have a right to fight." Serena's head turned to her father whp was now in the room. "I'm not a little girl, one whose too puny to fend for herself, that's why I left home, to prove just that. You all believed I could do nothing without a drago spirit. Well I have one father and Ragnarok is tht spirit, but he is also my friend and I will not see him perish jsut yet. He and I will continue to fight together and if the time is right. He will give his spirit to me willing after death."

Serena's father started to move closer to his daughter, as he began to speak. Serena interjected not allowing any words to come out.
"Ryden, sir, when do we leave, again?" Her gaze shifted to Ryden who was now more confused than ever.
"Um in about 3 hours."
"Thank you," Serena said those words and left the cafeteria. As she walked down to the tent where Ragnarok was she realized who the real person was to blame in this matter, [I]XARU!!![/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Zo nodded and hurried of to pack and get into some different clothes. Ryden was in a hurry, and not wanting to slow him down she quickly packed her essentials into her brown satchel. Finding an empty room she took off her old, torn clothes and threw on some short blue-jean shorts and a light brown tee shirt that was a little too small. Leaving that room she went back to where she last saw Hoshi, Hoshi saw her come in and began to speak.

"Zo, please don't be angry, I was just-"

"Defending Serena and doing what was right." Zo interjected.

"uh..yeah, so your not angry at me? We're still friends."

"Of course! I didn't come to yell at you about hurting my sister, I came here to thank you. You made me realize that to be on the Dragoon's side, I have to give all I've got to everybody and to help in everyway I can. Well, I haven't been doing that."

"What do you mean? You've done so much already, you've healed and saved more than a hundred dragoons at least, and yo-"

"Yes, but I can do more, I am one of the best warriors of my people, my father had me trained in both magic and combat. This time I will be doing both, fighting and healing." Zo finished and watched for Hoshi's reply.

"Then I will fight by your side." Relief spread through Zo's body, at least Hoshi approved.

"And I by yours." Then Zo walked over and helped Hoshi gather her things.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal]
Serena stepped into her tent as her friend Ragnarok looked at her and then rested his head again.

"Well, hello to you too," Serena said as she went over to pack her belongings.

"You know you were wrong for that," Serena heard her friend talk to her, although he couldn't speak she was in a way able to feel his thoughts. They had been connected like that for so many years now but she never told anyone. "You know that she was just looking out for you."

"Yeah I know," Serena turned to the dragon and walked up to him leaning her body against his side. "But for so many years I've trained and I've fought trying to prove my worth. I don't need anyone to protect me. I just want them to trust me."

"Yeah I know and believe me they do trust you, but as freinds you look out for them and they look out for you, just like we do."

With those word Serena got off Ragnarok and continued to pack. She knew what he had said was in fact true and she felt those words burn into her for many minutes.

She left the tent again and went to find Hoshi. She came up to Hiei who just smiled as she went by.

"If you're looking for your conrades their in Hoshi's tent. Go that way!" Hiei pointed his left hand towards the northwest of the cafeteria. " Now be good and make up so we can kick some real butt. Not that I'll need your help."

"Well either way we must fight together and I'll have to look past your horrible attitude. But realize this, I may be a sweet little human, but my attiutude can change in a hurry so don't make me get all B*&%$y on you!!"

[/COLOR]

"Jeez, no need to do that." And with that Serena and Hiei parted ways. "Uhhhh, my people back home werent as crazy as these people. God, 'dont make me get all B*&%$y'" Hiei said mimicing Serena in a high voice. "Hey!" said a buff looking dragoon eating a chicken leg over a fire. "How are YOU gonna help in this war puny man!" all of the flunkies around him laughed. Hiei looked on the ground with his hands shaking. "Summon Spear!!!" Hiei's voice echoed throughout the camp. Hiei knew Ryden the "Five Star General" would hear it, Hiei wanted him to hear. A spear fell on the ground and the buff man and the flunkies laughed even harder "Wow, a spear! HAHAHAHA" Hiei picked up the spear and wacked the buff dragoon in the side of the neck knocking him out. "Teaches you right you *****&*%(@"

Ryden sighed when he heared the sound. "No, I'm not going. It's not my problem. I'm a soldier, not a general."
There was a knock on his door and a private entered. "Sir! There has been disturbance in the cafeteria." Ryden turned around and kicked the door shut. "I'm not in charge! See general Silvermen!" He turned back to his desk and unwraped a long object. Inside was a sheathed sword, not as impressive as the sword of the wind, but Ryden took it anyway. He walked out of his room with a bag on his back. He saw Hiei and waved, but Hiei walked passed him. "Hiei! Whatever it is, I don't care! We're leaving!'' He continued walking without looking back. Ryden didn't want to worry about it, so he walked the other way.

'I'll follow them' Hiei said 'They might not notice me,' Hiei kept on walking. 'And I will show when they need me.' Hiei saw Hoshi, Ryden and the rest walk away. 'Heh, I don't need them, they will need me though.' Hiei jumped on top of a tree and kept jumping tree to tree until he caught up with the group. He heard the women gossiping and laughing about Hiei. "Sometimes he acts like a grumpy old man." He heard one of them say. "Yeah,that man gets on my nerves reffering me as 'woman'." Ryden was looking around cautiously, he knew Hiei was there. "Show yourself... Hiei!" Hiei jumped down from the tree's, his eyes watering. "You think I am a man with no emotions," His voice was shaking, "I am still on this journy. But I do not know about dealing with the rest of you!"

[COLOR=blue]Zo was glad she hadn't said anything about him, not that she was going to, she hated talking about people, no matter how much she disliked them.
As Hiei stood there trying to hold back tears while defending his pride and dignity. Hiei suddenly gained a lot of respect from Zo, she didn't let her emotions and feelings show, but at that moment Zo understood Hiei, and she respected him deeply.
Hiei was feeling almost exactly like Zo, except that he let it show. Maybe the others couldn't see it, but he desperately wanted to prove himself with his fighting skills, and win some respect from Ryden and the others.
Not wanting to be pitied the others he doesn?t let any emotions show. Zo was about to speak something to the others, but unwisely chose to keep silent?[/COLOR]

"Want to say something Zo?" Hiei looked at Zo sniffleing, "Do you want to belittle me also? All I want from you people is to notice me, not as a grumpy womanizer, but as a warrior. Why can't you see that? I yelled at you Hoshi because you did something wrong. And Serena, I haven't seen you fight yet, how can I trust you with my life if we are gonna work together." Hoshi and Serena looked at eachother and Serena said...

Ryden's face was stern. "I met a man like you once, Hiei. He said emotion was like a sin, it uncovers a persons weaknesses and gives way to pain and torture."
"Thats not what I'm trying to tell you! I am a man with emotions!"
"And thats why I respect you. He became a weapon when he stopped tresuring his emotions, his humanity. I thought that you were the same. But being able to conceal emotion, but still treasure it, makes a foolproof warrior." Hiei looked confused. 'I think I just missed the whole point he was sad. Oh geeze, I should keep my mouth shut.' Ryden thought.

[COLOR=teal]

" So you wish to see me fight, huh Hiei?" Serena said as he got done with his comments to Ryden. "Is that it?"

"Yeah thats right," Hie said. Apparently aware of an attack from Serena.

"Okay then thats no problem. I can do that for you," Serena took off her pack and put it down over next to Ragnarok. The dragon sensing what she was doing talked to her with his thoughts. " You dont't have to prove your worth to anybody Serena."

"This time I do," she replied looking into the dragons eyes.

"You ready," she called out to him as he stood there waiting for her to attack. " Oh Hiei, no weapons right now, so relax, I want you to notice a few things about me befroe I can show you what I can do."

Serena turned in a circle palms facing up looking dead at Hiei while she turned. "Do you see it"

" What the hell are you talking about, anf what does this have to do with anything."

" Just wait you imapatient man you'll see." Serena turned her back to Hiei and un buttoned her shirt. You see before I met you all I got into a small skirmish witha group of winglies. They were inexperienced but their leaders got me and punished me for fighting with them. This is what I recieved as I fought them back too." Serena showed him the scrs on her back from when she fought them."Luckily I got away but a few weeks later they found me. As I tried to escape them once again they knocked me off Ragnarok and I fell unconscience in a small village. I was in a coma foe about two weeks." SHe put her shirt back down and faced him.

"And what does that have to do with anything," he replied scornfully.

" Oh nothing really, I just wanted you to know what type of person you were getting ready to fight." Without a nother word spoken Serena withdrew her sword and charged at Hiei, but also had a small dagger hidden in her hand.

Hiei seeing the obvious sword attack decided to dogde it instead of fighting her.

[I] Bingo,[/I] Serena though as she threw the dagger at him. Not seeing the dagger Hiei got scrathed by it. He landed on his feet and grabbed his arm.

Serena stood about 10 feet away and had stopped only a few feet from where Hiei originally stood. She held her back to him.

"You witch!! You cut me!?

Serena turned to him and then smiled. " I may not be the strongest here Hiei but I was able to anticipate your move. I've seen you fight a few times and I've studied your pattern. Thats what I do I strategize."

She walked up to Hiei who was still obviously angry at her. She tore of a piece of her pants and made a small tunic to wrp Hiei's arm. "You see Hiei, I understand you."

Hiei looked down on her as she tied the tunic with ust the right abount of pressure and she continued talking never looking up at him. "I know how you feel. For years I was treated as if I was too delicate because I didn't have a dragons spirit in order to become a dragoon. My family treated me as if I couldnt fight but their words hurt me. And beacause of them I tried harder and foaght longer do that. So I could be seen as one of them. But they never gave me then chance. So I left to prove that I could survive without them. Now look at me.!!"

She took her hands off the tunic but still stood ther next to Hiei, "Now I'm one of you, although still not a dragoon, but you've given me a chance to be a warrior."
She looked up at him, tears filled her eyes but she held them back. She stepped back from Hiei and continued to look at him. " So what do you say. How about we start over. This time I won't be so sassy and you try not to be so rude. And we'll work togehter and always have one anothers back. Deal?!"

She stepped back on more time and held her hand out for Hiei to shake it.
" What do you say Hiei?"[/COLOR]

"Fine, But one thing." Serena looked back at Hiei, "Why is it that... You didn't let me attack back." Hiei then stuck both of his arms outward and black flames covered them. "Don't." Hiei looked over to see Ryden shaking his head. Hiei put down his arms and said "Let's go then." And with that everyone walked the path...