OtakuBoards

The Dragon Campaign

Squall

Hoshi had thought several times about interferring in the fight, but she thought better of it. Even though she broke down crying everytime she was so much as looked at funny, she considered herself lucky that she could express her emotions freely. Hiei... there must have been something to drive him to be the "man without emotions" everyone had believed him to be. She had known that Hiei had feelings and she had tried to befriend him. However, she had picked the wrong time to do so.

"Oh well, it's alright." Hoshi muttered.

"Hm?" Ryden looked at her oddly.

"Oh, nothing." Hoshi smiled at him, then suddenly remembered something. "Ryden, that phrase that you told me... before you fought Xaru. You said to ask you what it meant when the fight was over... so..." Hoshi bit her lip, "What does it mean?"

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryden sighed and looked at the sky. "Semper in angaria, cordis pulsom tangite, mecum omnes plangite. It was an exerpt, of what I don't know. It means always in tourment, take the pulse of my heart, weep all of you with me." Hoshi thought for a moment. "Take the pulse of my..." Her eyes widened. "Ryden! Did you think that you were going to-" Hoshi was cut short by Ryden. "That really doesn't matter now, It's all in the-"
"Answer me! Did you think you were going to die?!" Ryden's eyes dropped and closed. "It wasn't a thought, it was a plan. That move you saw, it was supposed to be a kamekaze. I wasn't strong enough to finish it."

Hoshi stood there, her mouth open for a few seconds, yet she was still walking. She stopped suddenly, fists clenched.

"How... could you?!"

"What?" Ryden stopped and turned to look at her.

"How could you go risking your life while you told me to keep my mouth shut?!! HUH?!!"

"What are you talking about?!"

"And why did you tell me to ask you what it means AFTER THE BATTLE if you were SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!!!" Hoshi's anger overcame her. She aimed a few punches at Ryden, who, even though caught off guard, stopped them all. But the onslaught didn't stop.

"Hoshi stop!!" Zo cried.

"What is that infernal woman doing now?!" Hiei snorted.

"Hoshi!" Ryden yelled, "STOP! STOP IT NOW."

"NO!! I HATE YOU!! HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!!" She aimed a kick at Ryden's head. He caught her leg and flipped her over, coughing and sputtering onto the ground. He opened up one of his many bottles of water and threw it on Hoshi. She yelled in protest and embarassment.

"COOL IT!!" Ryden sighed, exasperated. "I wouldn't have said anything if I'd known you were going to go mental!" She gave him a reproachful look. He smiled and extended his hand to help her up. She refused it. Instead, in the blink of an eye, Hoshi stood up and slapped Ryden across the face. He had hardly felt it, but Hoshi's eyes were burning with fury.

"How dare you embarass me like that and take advantage of my ignorance." She turned on her heel and ran into the forest, feeling worse and worse with every step.

"What happened to Hoshi?" Serena looked at a shocked Zo, Hiei, and Ryden.

"I'm not quiet sure..." Zo stammered.

Hoshi's footsteps fell heavily on the compressed dirt. She ran as fast as she could, but her heart still felt like it had a hole in it.

[i]Why did I say that? Why did I hit him? He was only doing what he thought was right... but he tricked me!! He tricked me into thinking that he would be alright! I won't forgive him![/i] Hoshi stopped in a clearing. It was pitch black and she couldn't see anything. She turned down a path to the right, but that lead to another clearing that looked familiar.

"I don't think I've been here but... it seems like it. No, I'm lost!" Hoshi sat down on the ground, looking at the canopy of foliage. "And I can't fly through that. It's too thick. I'll just... wait here until it gets a bit lighter..." Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of voices and beings crashing through the brush.

"Stupid dragoons!! Killed an army encampment last night!"

"If only I had been there. They all might be alive now."

"Oh please, don't start your bragging again."

[i]Stupid dragoons?! Oh no... winglies!![/i]

"Why did you run?" A voice said behind Hoshi.

"Why did you follow me? Hiei." Hoshi said as she turned around and stared at Hiei's shadow.

"I knew you where going to have a tantrum when Ryden was going to tell you."

"You knew?"

"Everybody knew, but you. Nobody said anything, because we know how much you like Ryden." Hiei walked towards Hoshi and stared into her eyes

"Shut up! Stop making fun of me!" Hoshi looked into the ground

"Who said I was? I am serious and don't try to hide it. Now, we have to get these winglies while we still have the element of suprise. Are you with me?"

[COLOR=blue]OOC: Yeesh, your all making me sound like a sissy or something. Oh well ^-^

Zo watched as Hoshi stormed off, and watched as Hiei followed her, [I]Let them be[/I] she told herself and turned around to see an exasperated Ryden, and an extremly confused Serena.

"O.K. Why did she go all beserk when you told her that?" Serena asked quietly to herself mainly, but to Ryden and Zo also.

"I don't know, Serena, I'm just confused as you are." Zo answered.

"I think I'll follow them just to make sure they don't bite each other's heads off." Zo suggested, since they were obviously going to be delayed, and wanted to do, plus she was a little worried about Hoshi.

"Maybe that's a good idea." Ryden said and then continued walking with Serena. Zo turned around and followed the heavy tracks that Hoshi had left in the dirt while she had stormed off. [She must had been pretty angry[/I] Suddenly she heard them ahead, not wanting to interrupt, just make sure that they didn't kill each other, Zo stopped and hid in some underbrush, right where she would be able to see and hear everything.

"Shut up, stop making fun of me!" Hoshi looked downwards.

"Who said I was? I am serious and don't try to hide it. Now, we have to get these winglies while we still have the element of suprise. Are you with me?" Hiei asked Hoshi.

[I]Good for them! I hope they whip some of those winglie's butts too! Because by the sound off it, they are Rika, Gerdie, and their gang. How I wish I could help them, gosh, how I hate those winglies... But no I can't help, maybe this battle will help them become friends, and I do not want to interfere.[/I] All of this Zo thought to herself, while watching in the bushes...[/COLOR]

Hoshi nodded. "Yeah, I'm with you." She was still angry now that she knew that everyone else knew about Ryden's attack, but it had to be pushed aside for now. She had been really stupid and now she had to make up for it.

"Okay, there are some trees over there that we can hide behind. When the group comes into the clearing, we take them out!"

Hiei nodded and they both ran to hide behind the foliage. Hoshi readied her whip, concentrating on the moves that she had used against Marie. The voices came closer.

"Yeah, who knows where General Xaru is. Rumor has it that he went into hiding."

"Hiding? From what?!"

"The Dragoon that almost killed him. Yeah, he told the entire camp about the stupid Dragoon who fell on him and jolted his soul awake!" The two winglie girls started laughing. Hoshi's hands formed fists. Hiei held his arm in front of her, signaling her to stay back. The two winglies sat down.

"I mean, it's stupid really. How could three dragoons, a traitor winglie, a human, and an injured dragon take out an entire camp?"

"Beats me. And from the looks of the camp, only one Dragoon was responsible."

"Please. And that guy didn't die?"

Hoshi moved to take a step. "Not an inch." Hiei said through his teeth. She stopped.

"Listen," he said, "You want me to attack first?"

Hoshi nodded, "I'll follow up with a thunder spell."

"Alright." The two stood still, waiting for the opportune moment.

"Let's not kill them." Hoshi said, "We want to get information on Xaru."

Hiei nodded and went closer towards the men but staying in the foliage, he ignited a black flame around the spear he had, cocked it back and threw it at one of the winglies shoulder.

"Ahhhh!" The injured winglie was holding his shoulder. The spear was still burning black flames.

The other winglie ran next to him and tried touching the spear but once he touched it, it burnt his hand. Then he took something out from his pack on the ground, it was some wierd looking gloves. Once the winglie put them on he took out the spear from his comrades shoulder and said, "Are you okay?"

The injured winglie nodded yes and pointed towards Hiei's and Hoshi's direction that Hiei threw the spear at. But Hiei knew that the winglie would know because of the angle Hiei threw it in. The winglie with the gloves went closer to where Hoshi was.

Hoshi stood frozen to the spot. She waited as the winglie came closer. Finally, he had discovered Hoshi. Strangely or stupidly enough, he hadn't spotted Hiei. The winglie grabbed Hoshi's arm and pulled her into the clearing. She fell onto her face.

"This dragoon probably did it!"

"THAT puny thing? No way!"

"I haven't had any fun today. Let's kill her." He picked her up by her arms.

"You don't want to do that." Hoshi smirked.

"I think I do." The gloved winglie snarled.

"Fine. Your funeral." Hoshi wrenched her arm free, "THUNDER!!!" Two bolts of concentrated lightning hit the Winglies dead on, stunning them. They both got up.

"WHY YOU-!"

"Hiei!!" Hoshi lashed her whip out at the gloved winglie's face. "A little help here?!"

Ryden looked towards where Hoshi ran off to. "A... thunder attack?" He started to fly in that direction but stopped. 'She was pretty mad... she's probably just letting off steam. He sighed and sat on the ground, waiting to continue walking. 'Maybe I should have told her it ment something else.' He thought to himself.

"Nice following up!" Hiei said while he jumped out of the foliage

"Another one!" said the injured winglie, "He is the one that got me! Let's get 'em!"

"No you dont!" Hoshi exclaimed while she took her whip and wrapped it around the injured winglie and knocked him out with one blow to the head.

While Hoshi knocked out the injured winglie, the winglie with the gloves came up to Hiei and said "Your gonna pay!"

And Hiei replied "Oh really? Summon spear!"

"Your not going to get me with that move that you did to my friend." And with those words he ran towards Hiei and attempted to punch him. Hiei dodged, picked up the spear and whacked the winglie in the back of his neck with the blunt side of the spear. The force of the attack made the winglie lung toward a tree that bonked him on the head. ((LOL bonked))

"I'll take these." Hiei said while he took the gloves that the winglies had.

Uh... bad timing, but I'll be gone for the next three days.

Ryden gave a long sigh as he waited for Hoshi and Hiei to come back. 'Maybe I'm selfish, but I didn't want the last words I hear from her be, don't do it. I wonder how things would have turned out if I told her it was a kamekaze?' He yawned and looked up at the sky. 'When I meet Xaru again, I will probably be strong enough to finish that attack. Will she try to stop me? If she acted like this when I told her that...' He gave a small chuckle to himself. 'She's gonna flip when we get to Gnarwood.'

PS this was all him thinking

[COLOR=blue]Zo watched as the fight raged on, and she was happy that Hoshi and Hiei were winning. [I]Wow, they are a good team, maybe if thay had fought together before, they would had been better friends...[/I]
Zo chuckled to herself, amazed by both of their fighting skills. [I]They are not as good as me, but they are good for dragoons.[/I]
Zo suddenly frowned, and felt disgusted with herself, [I]What am I thinking? Just because I'm the best winglie warrior doesn't mean I should talk like that, or even think like that.[/I]
Zo slowly leaned back wards on her hands until she was sitting, then she sat indian style, to rest her aching knees. then she leaned forward into the bush to get more of the fight. Hiei was whipping Rika's butt, and he had taken Rika's most tresured posession, her magic gloves.[/COLOR]

"Alright! I've had enough fighting both of you!" Hoshi uncoiled her whip again. "Hiei, you take gloves lady, I'll finish off the injured one." Hoshi coiled her whip around the injured one's arm and strung her high in the air over a tree limb. Hiei summoned his spear and knocked Rika out. He and Hoshi stood under the injured one and smiled up at her.

"Well, it's just you and us stupid dragoons, ain't it?"

"CURSE YOU!!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyway-"

Hiei sighed impatiently, "Let me do this?" Hoshi stepped aside. She was on Hiei's good side, sort of, she didn't want to spoil it. "Where is Xaru?! SPEAK!"

"I- I- haven't the faintest idea!! Last I heard, he left the destroyed camp!"

"Well now he is nowhere to be found. Where has he taken the winglie army?!"

"Our- our last orders were to go to Gnarwood! But they've probably been changed!"

"Gnarwood..." Hoshi whispered, "That's where we're going isn't it?!" Hoshi turned on her heel and ran out of the forest blindly, not even seeing Zo.

"Stupid woman forgot her whip." Hiei knocked the injured winglie unconscious and took Hoshi's whip.

Meanwhile, Hoshi, following her own footsteps, made it out of the forest. Ryden was sitting there.

"Ryden!!" Hoshi kneeled down next to him. "We have to get to Gnarwood! I fought a winglie who said-"

"That's what that spell was about?!"

"Yes! Now, they're going to march on Gnarwood, supposedly. We have to get there quickly!"

"Wait, you're not mad at me?" Hoshi stopped.

"We'll talk later, okay?"

I'm back ^_^
______----------

Ryden Quickened his pace, almost to a sprint. "If what your saying is true, the seventh in command is in danger! If he dies, there will be a collapse among our goverment!" He went continuously faster, his mind buzzing. 'Xaru, I doubt he is on your mind. If this is a game to piss me off, than congratulations. You've sucseeded.'

[COLOR=teal] Serena looked over the scene on the ground below. Hoshi and Hiei defeated the two winglies. But yet as Hoshi left she could see that something was wrong. She was about to go down to Hosi when she then saw her running to Ryden.

The two talked quickly and Ryden ran off into the direction they wer heading earlier. Seeing him flee so quickly she had to see what was going on.

"Down Ragnarok," she said.

The dragon descended quickly and landed in front of Hoshi.

"What's going on?" She asked Hoshi who was still a little winded from the battle.

"Xaru, may be attacking Gnarwoood. We must hurry behind Ryden." She puffed out the words as quickly as possible.

Hiei and Zo came from behind them quickly as the grouped together real quick.

"What is Ryden going to do," Hiei asked Hoshi.

"I think he may try to challenge Xaru again, all by himself."

"We must get there quickly. He cant possibly do all that on his own" Zo said shocked by the idea the Ryden would actually do JUST that.

"He will try though," Hoshi's few words stuck into everyones heads as they paused for a few moments stunned by the possible effect of Ryden challenge can have.

Without another word spoken, Serena grabbed Hoshi's hand and looked at her. "Well we must be sure to be right beside him." She looked at everyone. "So what do you say, lets not allow Ryden to fight alone."

The others nodded in agreement.
[/COLOR]

'I'm not gonna let Ryden get the spotlight this time.' Hiei thought, 'Luckily I've been training every now and then after that skirmish on the hill' Hiei looked at his gloves, and then looked at Hoshi, 'She is worried about Ryden. There is no need, for I will control my dragon much better with these gloves.' "Hiei let's go!" Serena Yelled. "Right." With those words Hiei transformed into a dragoon and began to fly ahead of everyone, but staying low so no winglies can see.

Hoshi ran over the next hill, the wind running through her blonde hair. She pulled a few strands out of her face and smiled.

"Gnarwood. Totally Winglie free." She sighed, relieved.

"Don't be too sure." Ryden gave her a stony-faced look. "The city could have been captured."

"I don't see any signs of battle." Hiei smirked. "Seems like that winglie was just a crackpot."

"Let's just go already!" Zo tapped her foot impatiently.

"Right!" Hoshi broke out at a run towards the large city of Gnarwood. Maybe here she could finally stop fighting, like Ryden had promised. Hoshi looked over her shoulder, slightly embarassed. Everyone else was flying to Gnarwood. Hoshi finally got to the gates.

"Hello. My name is Hoshi, the Star of the Lightning. I am travelling with Ryden of the Wind, please let us through." The rest of the travelling group landed behind Hoshi.

"Well, that does look like Ryden. Let them through!" The guard signaled to the gatekeeper and he began opening the gates.

The city was bustling with activity, with humans and dragoons alike moving back and forth along streets and in marketplaces. Children ran along the streets playing. It seemed perfect.

"Good," Ryden sighed, "Nothing happened. Let's go see the commander, shall we?"

(( Guess who's back.... x.x; Sorry, I was gone for a LONG time. ))

Xaru, byhimself sits on a bulding in Gnarwood. He jumps down and walks around the market. No one there knows who he is, so he decideds to walk around. He speaks to himself.

"I wonder when they will be comeing...."

He looks up and smirks at the sky. Then, he continues to walk around. A kid nearby starts crying. He runs up to Xaru and tugs at his shirt.

Kid: "Mister, mister, I lost my mommy. Can you help me find her?"

The little boy wipped his nose. And looked up at Xaru. Xaru sat there staring at the kid for a while. He almost mumbled.

"Come with me."

The boy follows him, walking at a slower pace than ususal. After about a half mile of walking a woman ran up to the child.

Woman: "Raoku!"

She hugged him as Xaru walked away.

Raoku: "That man helped me...."

He looked in the direction of Xaru.... He wasn't there. Xaru was crouching on top of a building looking at the two. He turned and walked away.

Ryden(When Hiei and Hoshi return >.>): "We need to go to Gnarwood. Like... now!"

[COLOR=teal] Serena rode into Gnarwood on Ragnarok. Althoguh many folks didn'tcare about the dragon. A few stray eyes were looking off into their direction. She looked down at Zo.

"Um, Zo," Zo looked up to her walking beside the two. "Do you think these people see Ragnarok as a threat. I mean I'm getting a bunch of stares over here."

"Well Serena I don't think people see many dragons around here andymore. Most of them are gone and he may be one of the last ones left, especially in this region."

Before Serena could reply, many children came up to them but styed about five feet away from Ragnarok.

"Is he YOUR dragon?" One small boy asked.

"Serena got down and wlked over to them."Yes he is. Would you like to feel his skin, away from the front of course."

"Yeah, that would be nice,."

"Well come with me, he hasn't eaten in a long time and may try to bite you it you go near him."

Serena saw the look in the boy's eys when she said that.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was just playing with you sweety see watch. Stay here I'll show you how harmless he is."

She left the boy and went back up to Ragnarok laying on his snout. She looked at him in his eys and spoke to him.

"Now you be a nice one and let these kids come over and feel your skin okay. I don't think they've ever seen a dragon and I wanto to lighten the mood here."

Ragnarok shook his head yeah and laid down in front of Serena who stood there by his mouth the whole time.

"Okay, you can come and rub his side."

The boy was nevrous at first, but he slowly walked up to Ragnarok watching the dragon making sure no sudden movemts were apparent. He got close enough to strecth his arm and used his fingetips to feel the dragons scaly skin.

" Whoa," he stepped closer and let his palm run down Ragnarok's side.

Seeing all this Serena remebered her childhood and how she acted when Ragnarok was first born. Always peeting him and not letting him out of her sight. Seeing that many more children were coming up she turned to Hoshi, Zo and Hiei.

"You all go on and find Ryden. I'll stay here for now and keep a lookout for anything strange. Besides, I just love kids."

The three of them nodded their heads and walked off into the city. Knowing that the kids were now confident with being around Ragnarok she stood there for a few more moments eyes the people walking in the streets, hoping that one would look very familiar.

[I] XARU! Where are you hiding?"
[/I][/COLOR]

"You can also sense him right Zo?" Hiei asked while they were walking down the street

"Right." Zo answered

"What? Who?" Hoshi questioned

"Xaru. He is here, those winglies weren't kidding. They are probably going to ambush this town tommorrow at the least."

Hoshi stopped and looked shocked, "It's my fault, I woke him up." Hoshi then got on her knee's and Hiei went over to comfort her

"It's fine, We can defeat him. We can do it someway " [I]I'm going to kill him for the pain he has brought to us[/I]

Xaru was now petting Ragnarok on the snout, the dragon looked up at him, evily. Serena finally noticed him. Xaru gave her a smirk and looked at one of the kids.

"Cool dragon, isn't ..."

Serena interupted him, "Back off or I'll.... I'll...."

"You'll do what? Anyway I'm waiting for Ryden..... I have unfinished business."

Xaru filpped backwards onto a builing and took off, flying through the market. Around five minutes of flying around he finally saw three people walking. He flew over to them, then hoverd over Hiei, Zo, and Hoshi. They were walking agaist the sun, so his shadow could not be seen. He set foor on the ground. Just as his feet touched ground, Hiei turned in his direction. But he had already vanished as if he had never been there. Hoshi saw Hiei look back.

"What is it?"

"I think Xaru may be near us. Keep your guard up."

Xaru walked right in front of them, very quickly, but wasn't seen. He walked behind them and put his hand on Hoshi's shoulder. She looked behind her, very frightened. Before She saw him, he vasnished with the wind. :demon:

(( Just messing around with you guys. ^.^; ))

"I know your here Xaru! Get out and fight me like a man!"

"Heh, your a fool if you think can defeat me. Besides I don't want to fight you." Xaru now landed in front of Hiei and the others

"Then consider this a warning." Hiei put on his gloves and directed his arms sideways. This time his hands were only burning with dark flames this time, and the flames were five times hotter than before. "I can finnaly attack with my full potential with these gloves, not to mention I have been training."

Xaru looked shocked...

Ryden continued walking until he came a large, marble building. He nocked on the door and the guard came to answer it. "My name is Ryden. I travel in company of other dragoons. I have urgent buisness including the seventh in command." The doors slowly creeked open and Ryden walked in. He walked through a long hallway and up a staircase and finally found himself at his office. He opened the door to find an old man sitting in a large chair. "Ryden, dear boy. Come in! Come in." Ryden walked farther in and sat at a chair across from the commander. "To skip the formalities, I need your help." Ryden had already told him his buisness and was now putting a slip of paper into his shirt. "Your sure about this? Nobody could ever-" The commander stopped short when Ryden stood up and continued to walk out. "I am very sure. My thanks for seeing me." He walked out of the building and found the others nervously looking around. "What are you doing?'' They froze when they saw Ryden and silently looked at each other, questioning telling him or not, in fear of his reaction.