Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Life Without OtakuBoards


Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]Would you play sports?[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You mean, people actually [i]do[/i] that?!

Erik says:
[quote]"How quaint. Physical activity? Why bother?! Not when we have the OtakuBoards!"[/quote]

Sure. That sums it up.

[size=1]P.S. All the above is quite cynically stated.[/size][/color]

:p
Posted
[size=1] I don't know what i'd do, I use up most of my internet time here, so I guess I'd have more time browsing, useless sites and wierd unheard of sites as well.

please, let that not happen until I get the "no life" rank. Not that it's all important, I just want it :p [/size]
Posted
[color=indigo]What would I do if OtakuBoards were to shut down? Simple. I'd get together a group of former OB staff, and we'd make a new board: ObwakuBoards. It would be hard, starting all over from scratch, but I wouldn't stop until the dream was realized. And what a dream it would be. It'd have a "Memory of OtakuBoards" forum, where people could post about their favorite memories from OB, and just discuss the "good ol' days" of when OB was still around. It would be... *gets teary-eyed* ...beautiful.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=green]I dunno wrist cutter. I might get away froom the computer once in awhile.

Anywho I'd probably listen to J-Music watch anime do AIM download some japanese music threw ICQ and other stuff. Oh and play soccer. Which is really fun.[/color]
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
Well lately I haven't been on or posting on OB as much as my first week here where I got a few hundred posts ^^. But I think I would play more Counter-Strike, Monster&Me and of course work on my favourite forum... [SIZE=4]Forum11[/SIZE] *cough look in sig cough*.
Maybe do some skinning too ^^.
Guest Crimson Spider
Posted
I would just go to one of the many other boards I'm a memeber of a say stuff there.

That, or I would watch TV, play videogames, Listen to music, plot how to take over the world...
Posted
I'd be living life to the fullest. Climbing mountains, fishing, being in the circus, sky diving, talking to girls, swimming with the sea animals, riding Free Willy, riding a Free Willy ride, riding a broken Free Willy ride, eating a hotdog, talking to girls, going to the moon, talking to girls, and more Plus, talking to girls.

But then I wouldn't know you people ^_^
Posted
Well, it would have probably really saddened me 1/2 years ago when I was online a lot, but I guess I wouldn't be as saddened now if it did happen.

Still bears some fun memories though, especially back in the V2 days.
Posted
I know.......

I would go in withdraw......then when I could not take it any more I would jump off something really high......Yah like a building......

J/K.....I guss I would find some other board.....But wouldn't be as good.I would like be the only one who could write something meaning full...Or more then one word.
Posted
[size=1] . . . I would proceed to enjoy life as usual. *shrug* Otakuboards really isn't that big of a place in my life. I've spent time away, and I'd have to say, I'd most likely draw more.

Yep, I'd def. draw more.

. . . I now have the urge to draw . . . O_o;;

--Sere[/size]
Posted
I wouldn't miss anyone because I hate all of you very much.

But, if the boards shut down, I would probably sob uncontrollably and lie in a thicket of grass and stare at the stars for answers. After two weeks of endless weeping, I would find a new habit: collecting beanie babies. Once my collection is built up to, oh, say one hundred of 'em, I'll begin to call them names like Goku189480338 and tell them not to spam.

On the real, I would probably sleep more and spend even more time at the gym. Because, by nature, I am not a Internet person and don't visit other message boards, I wouldn't seek out other recreational sites to post at.

I won't try to sound "cool" and say that I wouldn't care if the site was shut down while comparing OtakuBoards to a time waster. On the contrary, this place has taught me many things. Even if I don't feel like writing a story, I can still post here and write on a daily basis. Plus, I've learned things about people very different from myself--whether it be through lifestyle, world views, or what have you.

I appreciate my experiences here. ^^
Posted
Hi! This is my first post! (So I'll try not to screw it up ;) )

Ok. You might think "She's hardly been here at all, so if there was no OB it wouldn't really matter to her." (Escpecially considering this is my first post) But I have been browsing these forums since January, and spent a LOT of time here this summer. And because I just registered, I haven't gotten a chance to really meet the people that make the OB so awesome. If these boards were to disappear, then it would be a big loss to me. Besides, I really like wasting my time here! :p (So do you; that's why you're here. ;) )
Posted
[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]I would find a new habit: collecting beanie babies. Once my collection is built up to, oh, say one hundred of 'em, I'll begin to call them names like Goku189480338 and tell them not to spam. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude. I am so going to do that.[/size]
Posted
well, i wouldnt like that at all because i would have to go back to the other anime forum that i used to go to. which, would be very, very, extremly bad 'cause that place sucked.
second, i would actually start my manga with my friends *stares at the scetches on the table, then, sticks her tounge out at 'em :P *
and probably play my clarinet more
i dont really know what i would do, i mean i wouldnt like curl up in a corner and die, but i would do some more things.
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
There are so many people here who are almost family to me. This is more of a community than the other ones. I mean for a few things. This place isn't all about one thing. It's everything. You don't have people who talk about hardcore gaming and it's good it's not like that because 50% of the people here are of a female gender. Here's a real community. Most other forums only have maybe 3-5% population of girls which isn't all that it could be.
Posted
Without OB...hhhmmmm. I would cut my time on the net by-ooh, lets say 80%. and i would either not get up at 6 in the morning, or i would play my video games. i am (relatively) new to OB, but it is already a staple of a good diet. Without it, my intellectual (somewhat) wellbeing would die. Starving to death. The only things i use the net for now are homework, email and OB. I would probably get better school marks as well...hehehe. My work is second to OB *hits self* naughty boy...
Posted
I'd drink Pepsi until I was rich. then I would buy a small island off the coast of Japan and call it Otaku Land. Then all the Otaku members could live there in peace and harmony. The mods would be police, and the administrator would be ruler for a selected term, then there would be elections and there would be a new administrator. Either that or I would not do that.
Posted
I would sell everything in my possession and then use the money to buy a hot air balloon. I would then float a couple of months, in search of a new habitat. I would then land, and start a new life. My name would be Venkatateet Hajalar, and my wife's name would be Boingo Oingo, and we would be potato harvesters, and then mutate the potatos, and start a war with the leprachauns. After 40 days and 40 nights of battling, the leprachauns would be defeated, and I would take their gold, then rebuild the otaku boards from scratch. After it's all done, I would then buy millions of smiley faced balloons and send them into the sky, to signify the happiness of my deeds.
Guest Fiasco
Posted
I'd be fine really, I mean, I post here when I'm bored, not really an obsession or anything....:) I'd just find something else to do, which I can normally find!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...