OtakuBoards

ghost or angel?

wild thang

i watch way too much tv and i noticed that on a lot of shows people come on saying that theyve seen a ghost by the side of the road or somewhere else. whenever someone has a life-threatening disease and is cured they come on tv and say that an angel visited them and healed them. this got me thinking that maybe these ghosts we see are really angels or vice versa. i mean, maybe a ghost is just a sign that we have some one to rely on incase something happens to us. what are your thoughts on the subject?

I believe that angels are nothing more than good tempered ghosts.
However, if either of these beings could be proven to exist, I'd gladly revise my stand. Especially if they told us.
*sigh* I think I may need to go to bed...

Guest Chris
[color=#707875][b]i think gost are humans' ways of describing what they see when they see angels or possibly demons. exspecially people who don't delieve in god or angels. of course, that's just what i believe, and i've never seen either of the two, so i really have little to base this on.[/b][/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
Well, the fact is that there is no such thing as ghosts. If they say "I saw a shadowy figure by the road or in a house," They are pretty much seeing things. A dead person can't come back. They've left this plain. Now, Angels can't bee seen, but when a person has a near death experience, they say they can see an angel because they were pratically on the other side, where they are.

For a personal story that's not really mine: My mother once had to stay in a witches house. She would hear footsteps going up and down the stairs, and doors opening for no apparent reason. She just thought it was the caretaker of the hous going up and down the stairs with the babies bottle. It ends up, it wasn't here. The caretaker could take everything up in one trip, and stay with the baby simply because she was scared too.

In that case, it is not an angel who was there, but the exact opposite. Now, if a person, even like that, were to die in that house, it would no longer continue to be "Haunted". Their source for being there is gone, and thus: They are no longer there.

Just to confuse you a little more.

[size=1] I don't beleive in angels, and I don't beleive in ghosts. I believe the fact that when people die, they die, and they don't go anywhere but to the earth. I think the people claiming to see these things are either seeing things or trying to get some attention.[/size]

my father, my brother and i all saw what we believe to be something other than human

i saw a 'thing' near my window, kinda like a thinish human all hunged up. and there seemed to be some sort of chittery sount. it went on for around 5 minites, when my sister woke out of a nightmare that seemed to involve the same thing i saw.

my brother had been asleep in the living room on the sofa. when he woke up, he saw a monk standing over him. he couldnt see the face but he caught a distinct air of menace off it. it stood there for a couple of minutes and then waked off.

my dad said that he was lying in bed when he felt a sudden pressure on his chest and he saw a 'demon' or disformed 'thing' sitting on him and it seemed that it was going to try to strangle him coz it was reaching out to him. he swatted at it and it disappeared

Those life saving angels are failed demons. I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, angles, etc. I'm sure that they're very pretty, but I don't think they exist. So, no angel, no ghost. Just people and imagination.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by darkside [/i]
[B]angels are angels
ghosts are ghosts
its that simple people! [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=000066][b]Wait, wait, wait. You think it's [i]that[/i] simple? You must be simple. :laugh:

It's called religion. Learn one. Then we'll see how simple it is.

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]

I'm not sure, but in my house, I've seen a white-luminesent thingee. It's usually standing behind me at night, and when I'm at the computer. I've also seen a ghost(demon) during the day.
I was standing in the kitchen, and it was there. But this time it looked like a cat with dragon's wings and large claws. The eyes were odd, but they didn't have color. I saw it standing/floating for about 10 seconds, but I saw it in great detail.

~A girl who loves floating cat's with wings. Why did appear like a ghost, though?...~

I think this is a very touche subject because if you say something insulting it may be taken as a personal jab at a religion.
But as for ghosts and Angels, I think that there have been too many unexplained occurances to say that they don't exist, but it is possible that there not what we consider them to be. It is possible that there humans previous spirts, or demons, or even gods children. Or perhaps they could be simply a soon to be extinct species that can manifest themselves to help us, expecting help in return...
Or maybe i need more sleep

o the thing about angels saving them at a life threating moment,its just our diseased over active imagination,they think they see it just as a little boy thinks he sees a monster under the bed and the reason they get healed is because of all the adrenaline pumping nutrients and such go through the body more rapidly speeding up the healing process

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by darkside [/i]
[B]angels are angels
ghosts are ghosts
its that simple people! [/B][/QUOTE]

no actually there are alot of tricks....and their are demons that should come somewhere in the place

i see it as
angels are angels
demons are demons
ghosts are ghosts

but
a demon may act like a angel
an angel may play tricks on humans
ghost can take the role as a angel
or a demon
angels can be seen as a ghost if they want to be seen
and so may a demon

that's not simple

[color=blue] Well harpiesbrother1, you really have to watch out for thoe monks when they wack-off. If you don't believe me, check his post. Sorry, stupid joke.
Anyway, I would have to say that crazy people see things. People who are crazy or tired or have long hair think they see things. Generally these are tricks of people's mind and they take things seriously. Trust people to make things seem more serious then they really are.
I think angels and such are a strange hope that most people have. People feel alone, and want to think there is somethint out there. If it gives you hope, sure thats fine with me, but you are ALL going to die, alone and cold, with no good figure watching over you...
Sorry, I feel like being a dick.[/color]

Mission accumplished,

We see what we need to see, what we want to see, thats as far as i believe. We see messed up stuff because we our selves are messed up, we see hope and embodiments off goodness because we wish that it could be so, that such a thing could be real.

Give me statistics and whatever but "you can prove just about anything with statistics) when someone digs up some indesputable evidence then my opinios will be able to become concrete, untill then believe what you want to, believe what you will.

Guest Chris
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jesus Chicken [/i]
[B][color=blue]Sorry, I feel like being a dick.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875][b]yeah, people always want what they can't/don't have.

anyway, this is something that can never be proven. it's all about beliefs, just like religion. it's something you have to see for yourself or have been brought up to believe it. and it's far from a simple matter.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE]but imageation is soo great i tend to think most lose it when they "mature" u say it will be the fall no we wouldn't have half the technology that we have today if it wasn't for our imagenation
[/QUOTE]imagination also kills inocent people,like the A-Bomb was the biggest military mistake ever made,even though it did what it was meant to do it also caused diseases like leukemia to pass on through inheritates and killed more and more people who werent even born dureing WWII and even moe inocent people,but if we didnt have such imagination then we wouldve never have made it,same goes for cars that pllute the air,and other things like that.dont get me wrong the things that we create are very useful but the cons will eventually catch up with the pro's

imagination is the cause of a lot of problems in the world, but without imagination we wouldnt be any more advanced than our original ancestors were millions of years ago. chances are that our imagination will be the end of the human race, but hopefully that wont be for a while. the cons may catch up to the pros after a while, but they might not be. nothing is without its downside...

[size=1] It's this simple: God made a ghost and he named it an angel. But the angel didn't want to be an angel so he took off his wings and became a ghost. And then all the humans heard whispers of something about a ghost, but God told those people they were angels. And then the bad angels were sent down to earth and under the molten hell, but they didn't want to die, so they didn't tell.

But then I wonder.
And then they tell.
That angels are in the ballpark
And that they fly so well.

But then I wonder
If an angel were a ghost
And who would tell
But god himself
up there in his cell

*is bored*

Angels are angels and ghosts are ghosts.

[i]And angel is only a word. It only names something that would be harder to name.

And ghosts is only a word. It only names something that would be harder to name.[/i]

A rose is smelling but the name is the same
The blosom says it loves to have this game
So he smiles and says it's all great
And how it'd be wonderful if there weren't hate
[/size]

*hits head on table* they are frigments over everyones natural trait,the human mind,they are nothing more or less than that.you need/want to beleive they are there so they are,just like when little boys said they saw monsters when they werent there,how many times must i repeat myself