Guest Tec-9 Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 hahahaha!! who said they "rocked?" seriously.. who said they rocked, they don't rock. their mixed... as in hip hop/alternative/country/etc... ne way, i listened to their cd.. eh.. only good song is the only one they play on the radio... Clint Eastwood... i would burn the cd, but i don't wanna waste ten minutes on a cd dat's so cheap! j/k.. but they ain't as good...
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i]hop/alternative/[b]country[/b]/etc...[/QUOTE] [COLOR=purple]Country?! You've [b]got[/b] to be kidding me.....:rolleyes: I bet if you sped up "Clint Eastwood"'s tempo, it would have a really phat techno beat......:eek::D[/COLOR]
Transtic Nerve Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 I can proudly say that I have never heard ANY Gorillaz songs. Any group that has the name "Gorillaz" and has a song called "Clint Eastwood" doesn't deserve to be listened to... and I won't.... but thats just me...
Guest Tec-9 Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 well, transtic... clint eastwood is a very good song.... but the rest of the cd... plz! some songs are OK... but it don't get ne better than that! literally. lol.............................. stop makin' fun of gorillaz!!!
RicoTranzrig Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 Gorillaz is okay...the only thing that bothers me is those western standoff parts in their songs. The first time I listened to their CD I said, "What the..." probably cause they have nearly every genre mixed into their songs...
Flash Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 Sorry Tec-9, but it's just that no band is ever going to comare to [I]anything[/I] from New Zealand... when it comes to music; We ownz. :p
Sephiroth Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 some songs are ok, but I don't really listen to them, the band is aimed at 12-15 year olds, they said so themself....
James Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i] [B]hahahaha!! who said they "rocked?" seriously.. who said they rocked, they don't rock. their mixed... as in hip hop/alternative/country/etc... ne way, i listened to their cd.. eh.. only good song is the only one they play on the radio... Clint Eastwood... i would burn the cd, but i don't wanna waste ten minutes on a cd dat's so cheap! j/k.. but they ain't as good... [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkblue]Clint Eastwood is a good song -- in this current era of mindless crap-pop (ie: backstreet boys, britney spears, n'sync), it's good to see someone with some genuine talent and genuine uniqueness come along. Having said that, the only song that I like of theirs so far, from what I've heard, is Clint Eastwood. The newer one isn't very good in my opinion...[/color]
James Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]Sorry Tec-9, but it's just that no band is ever going to comare to [I]anything[/I] from New Zealand... when it comes to music; We ownz. :p [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkblue]Oh I dunno Flash...Crowded House is pretty bad. :p [/color]
Ice Dragon v2 Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 Gorillaz are cool, man Gotta love Clint Eastwood
Kottonknot Posted September 26, 2001 Posted September 26, 2001 I can play Clint Eastwood on the drums...it's quite simple actually. And sounds better.
Guest Posted September 27, 2001 Posted September 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]I can proudly say that I have never heard ANY Gorillaz songs. Any group that has the name "Gorillaz" and has a song called "Clint Eastwood" doesn't deserve to be listened to... and I won't.... but thats just me... [/B][/QUOTE] lol.........that song is good though
amibasuki Posted September 27, 2001 Posted September 27, 2001 I like the Clint Eastwood song:D. I've listened to some of the songs they once played on the Midnight Run, didn't like 'em much. their music videos are 'eh'...the dude with the messed up mouth is really creepy-lookin'....but that might have to do with some psychie stuff up in my head...:cross::confused:
PiroMunkie Posted September 29, 2001 Posted September 29, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]I can proudly say that I have never heard ANY Gorillaz songs.[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Arg! You're so lucky! I wish I never would have heard that song. They don't deserve to be played on the radio station I worship.. :flaming:[/SIZE]
Master G Posted September 29, 2001 Posted September 29, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i] [B]well, transtic... clint eastwood is a very good song.... but the rest of the cd... plz! some songs are OK... but it don't get ne better than that! literally. lol.............................. stop makin' fun of gorillaz!!! [/B][/QUOTE] The rest of the CD is amazing!!! 2-D is from Blur
Guest Pikeon Posted September 29, 2001 Posted September 29, 2001 UNHAPPY IM really glad i got sunshine in a bag im useless but not for long the future is comng on Yall dont see me now cuz you dont see with chou eyes. You preceed with yo mind. THats the anthem. So ima stick around with russel and become a mentor DAs all i know Finally soemone let me out of my cage suttin suttin suttin and im countin no age. suttin uttin nah you shouldnt be scared sutti suttin and im under each stairs etanchable suttin suttin suttin when i command you to
conpiracymonki Posted September 29, 2001 Posted September 29, 2001 [b]Finally someone let me out of my cage Now, time for me is nothing cos I'm counting no age Nah I couldn't be there Nah you shouldn't be scared I'm good at repairs And I'm under each snare Intangible Bet you didn't think so I command you to Panoramic view Look I'll make it all manageable Pick and choose Sit and lose All you different crews Chicks and dudes Who you think is really kickin' tunes? Picture you gettin' down in a picture tube Like you lit the fuse You think it's fictional Mystical? Maybe, Spiritual Hearable What appears in you is a clearer view Cos you're too crazy Lifeless, To know the definition for what life is Priceless For you because I put you on the hype sh*t You like it? Gunsmokin' righteous with one token Psychic among those Possess you with one go I ain't Happy..[/b]
Lady Saiya-jin Posted September 30, 2001 Posted September 30, 2001 I thought the songs were unique...I wouldn't buy it...but the videos were tight..... But Daft Punk on the other hand is off the hook.... Darude and Ian Van Dahl are hot too....Feel the beat YEAH!!!!! CASTLe IN THE SKY......Lalalalalala:laugh: :laugh:
Single H Posted September 30, 2001 Posted September 30, 2001 The song is quite good. If U don't love them, just like them.....
Guest Pikeon Posted September 30, 2001 Posted September 30, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i] [B][b]Finally someone let me out of my cage Now, time for me is nothing cos I'm counting no age Nah I couldn't be there Nah you shouldn't be scared I'm good at repairs And I'm under each snare Intangible Bet you didn't think so I command you to Panoramic view Look I'll make it all manageable Pick and choose Sit and lose All you different crews Chicks and dudes Who you think is really kickin' tunes? Picture you gettin' down in a picture tube Like you lit the fuse You think it's fictional Mystical? Maybe, Spiritual Hearable What appears in you is a clearer view Cos you're too crazy Lifeless, To know the definition for what life is Priceless For you because I put you on the hype sh*t You like it? Gunsmokin' righteous with one token Psychic among those Possess you with one go I ain't Happy..[/b] [/B][/QUOTE] Ik new i sucked at reciting words. I dont follow that good. Ya followin me? Stop followin me for a have you arrested
DarkSage Posted September 30, 2001 Posted September 30, 2001 [B]well i like the song Clint Eastwood but the rest of the cd sucks bad[/B]
Guest Kireikage Posted September 30, 2001 Posted September 30, 2001 Supposedly, the band Gorrilaz doesn't actually exist. It's a manufactered band with cartoon characters representing non-existent members, and they have other bands create their music. This is just a rumor though, i don't know if it's true. As to whether they're good or not... it's hard to say. I respect them for breaking away from the mainstream, and they DID make an interesting combo of music styles... although I doubt that country's one of them ;)
Master G Posted October 1, 2001 Posted October 1, 2001 They are made up of dif members of diff bands like i said b4...2-D is from blur well, atleast he is Noodle is a 10yr old chinese girl murdoch & Russel...beats me
James Posted October 1, 2001 Posted October 1, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NanakiXIII [/i] [B][B]well i like the song Clint Eastwood but the rest of the cd sucks bad[/B] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=royalblue][size=1][b]I like Clint Eastwood, but I also like 19/2000...which I didn't like at first. lol But now I'm really starting to like it. Their songs kind of grow on me...[/b][/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now