OtakuBoards

The Outcast Rebellion

Rhys Mayiessen

[color=indigo]OOC: "It was like leading a bunch of childern" was my comeback to something done to my Rann ;)

*~*
[i]Rann sighed and turned to face Tani, his golden brown eyes filled with worry and at the same time anger.
Rann-[/i] "I never asked to be the leader of a band of the Rebellion. I was never really good at this kind of thing but the Leader thought that it would be good for me, so I don't do anything foolish and just get myself killed without accoplishing anything. I'm used to working on my own too. All of us are. I'm just afraid that I might do something rash that might end up getting all of us killed. Then I will know in my heart that it was all my fault. You understand don't you?"

[i]Tani was silent a moment, looking anywhere but Rann. Then she looked him straight in the eye.
Tani-[/i] "Yes I do understand Rann. It would be hard to lead a bunch of people that are use to being on their own, on there own rules. It might be like....leading a bunch of childern wouldn't you say?"

[i]Rann felt his face grow hot and was sure that it was a beet red.
Rann-[/i] "So you....um....heard that did you?"

[i]Tani nodded but didn't say anything else. She just walked beside him silently, a silent support. Rann was glad that at least one person wasn't mad at him.[/i][/color]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i]Ohhh....looks like elf girl's pickin' up a date.[/i]
Moriko giggled as she saw Tani walk silently beside Rann. She sighed. Something in the back of her head was itching at her like crazy. Now...what was it...

[i]Wait! I knew it! She's the one that gave me that offer when I was five! I just didn't recongnize her when we met again two years ago.[/i]

"Something wrong, Mor?" asked Roya.

[i]Although she's older than me, I feel like we're twins.[/i]

Moriko sighed. More things to think about. More things to search her brain for.

"[I] I'm glad at least one person isn't mad at me[/I]"

[I] The thought drifted into Tani's mind. Before realizing it wasn't actually spoken, she responded.[/I]

"Why would I be mad at you?? Why would anyone be mad at you?" she asked. Rann just looked at her confused.

Her eyes grew wide. "oh..you...Your..." she turned a deep shade of scarlett. "I'm sorry. Nobody was left to teach me the arts of the mind reading, so i kinda taught myself, and well, it sometimes works without me realizing it. I am soo sorry I didn't mean to enter your mind." Suddenly stopping she put a finger to her forehead. Her lavender eyes glowed momentarily as she took her finger away.

"I really am sorry. I put up a ward so i won't do it again. I just...slipped."

Rann laughed. It was the first laugh she had heard out of him. "It's okay. It wasn't that big of a thought. Tell me more about this mind reading stuff. What other talents do you have?"

Tani smiled mischievously. "Can't tell you that. you'll have to find out on your own. Anyways, if you don't mind, why would I be mad at you, or any of us?

Reena walked down the path with the rest of the group, feeling very down, head hanging low. Roya turned and looked at her.
"What's up with you, or are you making sure you don't trip over anything?" she asked mockingly, Reena just sighed.
"You should know, I really don't want to see anyone get hurt."
"Yeah, I know."
"No, I mean [i]anyone[/i], even the humans."
"After what they did to you?! What's wrong with you?"
"I...they are a lot like us, you know, they don't deserve to live any less than us." Reena sighed and dropped her head down again.
"Reena..." she looked up, it was Rann.
"I know you don't want to see anyone get hurt, but you have to protect yourself and be strong." Reena didn't say anything.
"Those humans want to hurt us, If we want to stop them...I'll need your help." Reena looked up at him.
"You don't think...there's any other way?"
"I swear, if there was, I'd do it." Rann turned away.
"But there isn't, I'm afraid too that it came to this, but I don't want to see anyone get hurt any less than you..." He stopped, Reena smiled.
"Thank you."
"What?"
"Thank you..." Rann turned around and saw Reena was starting to smile. He turned around, Reena held her head up and continued walking...

[i]Roya looked from Rann and then to Reena, shook her head and walked on.

These people have more mood swings then I do. Guess I'm like the only normal one here...

A smile played on her lips as she remembered what a friend once said to her:

"If your normal then everybody else in the world is not..."

Roya's head snapped up as she heard stifled laughter.[/i]

Roya- I thought you said that you wouldn't be able to hear other peoples thoughs anymore... Didn't you put up a barrier...?

Tani- Ah... Yeah, I was laughing at something else.

Roya- Something else...

[i]Roya rolled her eyes then went back to daydreaming.
Everybody in their group was chatting happily. For the first time they accually felt comfortable with one another. They didn't hear the shuffleof boots in background until the danger was almost upon them.[/i]

"DROP!!" [i]Someone from thier group shrieked out, Roya didn't have time to think who. Almost instently she was on all fours and bolted as a small black blurr into the protection of the forest along the side of the road. Arrows flew through the air and showered the group until they all followed the cat into the foilage, seeking cover...[/i]

[color=indigo][i]Rann heard the scream, and immediately his sword was in his hand. He looked around to see some of the other on the ground, but some had taken their weapons out as well. Roya was no where to be found though.

Rann looked behind him to see a small band of humans, no more than ten, only paces behind them. The leader of the band looked at Rann curiously, then looked over the rest of the group. He looked in no mood to fight. Rann smiled to himself.

He slid his sword back in it sheath, and stepped up to the leader.
Rann-[/i] "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you behind me. I thought a band of the Rebellion had found us."

[i]The leader looked from him to the others behind him.
Leader-[/i]"Then why are you in the company of some of them?"

[i]Rann-[/i] "These? They're my prisoners. I thought you would know that. You don't believe that I would be in league with...these things would you? I thought not. I'm taking them to Kammielyn. I hope you won't get in my way."

[i]Leader-[/i]"Well you better hurry, they're closing all the gate to the city at noon tomorrow. Now if you excuse us...we'll get out of your way."

[i]Rann nodded and watched the men go off. He wiped the sweat off his forhead when they were out of site. He turned around to face the group. He grinned foolishly.
Rann-[/i] "See we don't have to fight all the time. I don't think we'll be so lucky next time. I think this is a good time for a break. We're about a mile from Kammielyn and I don't want bump into those soldiers again. They might get suspious after awhile"
*~*

OCC: We have a new memeber to the RPG, Iva, so don't go in a panic if she posts^^[/color]

[i]Yeah...the last place I want to be is Rann's slave...I can barley stand the guy now, what makes him think I could stand him as a slave master?[/i]

Moriko folded her arms as the group of Rebellions walked on, a little faster than they had been moments ago.

"Why the rush?" asked Reena.
"We need to get to Kammielyn by tomorrow."

[i]Meh...why did I do this? I should've just stayed in the forest...geez, where's Roya? All I know is that she ran off in her cat form when the humans came...[/i]

There was a sudden loud crack behind Moriko. She turned around, her sword unsheathed. Behind her, standing innocently, was somebody else holding a small black cat.

"...Katumea? (Right? Am I right?)" asked Moriko, her eyes widened as the cat jumped down from the person's arms. It transformed to Roya.
"Uh-huh. Heya, Moriko, long time no see."

Rann sighed. The sound of metal being resheathed echoed throughout the trees.
"Welcome to the Outcast Rebellion Group," he said, walking up towards Katumea. She nodded her head. Her ears were cocked to the side a bit, and her tail swished around behind her.

"Wow!" said Reena, "We have two demons now! Awesome!"
Moriko grinned.

[i]Yuppers...I knew it was just a matter of time before Katumea found us.[/i]

---
Rann....just kidding about the first part. ;)

Roya- Those have got to be some of the stupidest humans out there.

Moriko- Why do you say that?

Roya- You guy's haven't got any rops or anything holding you and Rann just doesn't look like any sorta spell caster ta me.

Reena- Don't question good fortune Roya, accept it.

[i]Roya shruged and followed the rest as they continued down the road.[/i]

Roya (mumbling)- Still seems a little odd to me...

Tani- You think to much

Roya- Funny, people always tell me that I think to little

[i]Roya laughed, dropped down as a cat again and ran ahead of everyone to be in the lead.[/i]

[COLOR=coral]Phaedra ran along side the bank. The morning light had almost dried her clothes and she was late.
She cursed softly as she remembered. The man had said the gates would close at noon. Not that it was a problem-a short swim under the moat would get her directly to the governer's place, but it was better not to be so conspicuous.

The small town where she had lived rose up in front of her as she ran. The main road ran right through the marketplace. Phaedra ran along the stalls and booths, ignoring the people.
Insanity was the only word used to describe it. She was late, crowds of people were on the main road....a river ran from the reservoir to the countryside. Well, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad after all.

She was back in the water again. Her shining fish tail churned the water as she sped forward. A human or two looked among the rocks, but paid no mind to a wrathful mermaid. Fishermen were casting their nets, but Phaedra kept well away.
Kammielyn would be her next stop.
----------
Ignore attachment. [/COLOR]

*to Roya* I may be silly, but I'm not STUPID! ...:sweat:
----
"Here we are," said Rann. The group was standing before a large city surronded by stone walls.
"What time is it?" asked Reena, looking up at the sky.
"Uh...I'd say before noon," replied Tani, pointing to the gate. It was sill on the ground, with no intentions of moivng up.

[i]How do we get in? I mean...sheesh, me and Katumea, for starters, than Tani...[/i]

"Tani," said Rann, looking at the elf, "You can do magic. Can you...I don't know....like make it so that we look like humans?"
She thought on that for a moment. "Sorry, Rann, can't do. If I could, I would've done that for myself."

"That elf ain't telling the whole truth," mumbled Katumea,"...I can smell it..."

"TANI!" yelled Moriko, in a kind of frantic way, "What about that stupid potion thingie you offered me years ago?"

"That," began the elf, "That was the only bit left."
"And...?" asked Renna.

"And...I used it on a tree."
----
*Everyone falls over* Hehehe.

"The town should be this way" evean thought as he ran throught the forest. As he came out fo the forest he saw a group of people in front of the town. He saw some of them laughing. "Um excuse me but are you the rebellion" evean asked. Most of them looked surprised that he showed up. "I didn't even hear him comeing" one of them said. "Why do you ask and who are you" a girl said. "The names evean and I would like to join the rebellion" evean said pulling down his hood. "Welcome then. I'm rann. How did you find us" rann said shaking hands with evean. "I followed you. I'm part wolf so I have good senses. I normaly blend in amongset normale people except for my eyes" evean said smilling.

[color=indigo][i]Rann nodded and looked at the high walled city, its gates glittering in the early morning sun.
Rann-[/i] "We are suppose to meet the leader out side the walls. He does not feel safe inside these walls. He'll be waiting for us. That's when he'll tell us our next task. Follow me."

[i]Rann lead the group towards the walls, careful not to get so close as to alert the guards. Half way around the walls, a solitary figure stood, waiting for something. Rann knew right away that it was the leader of the Rebellion.

Closer they went, until Rann could see his human features, some of the Rebellion who had not seen him the day he made his speech, backed away in fear.

Rann-[/i] "Do not worry, he is on our side."

[i]Rann went right up to him and shook his hand. The leader gave a warm smile to all the outcasts in his group.

Leader-[/i] "You have done well Rann. My congrads. But you're not out of the woods yet. I want you to take this group of outcasts into the city for me. You will be the spies for us."

[i]Rann-[/i] "But we can't, there are a lot of us here that would never make it into the gates alive."

[i]Leader-[/i] "I'm sure you'll find away to fix that. I'm counting on you and your group Rann. Don't let the Rebellion down."

[i]With that said the leader walked off and was soon lost to the sight of the group. Rann sighed and looked at the group.
Rann-[/i] "Anyone have any ideas?"[/color]

[i] Tani sighed. She had an idea but it would take till the next evening for it to be ready. She could make up a potion that would put the [/I] Illusion [I] of the group being normal city Humans. Any human though that looked hard enough could see past, for a brief few seconds and that could mean disaster.[/I]

"I know one." Tani said, "though, It will take till Tomorrow evening."

"Well, we might be able to wait that long. but we might not. Whats your plan?" Asked Rann.

"Well, I could brew us up a potion, that will put the [i] Illusion {/I], mark it is just an illusion, of any who drinks it,Human. We would be taking a chance, because if a real human looks hard enough, they can see past it for a brief few seconds, and even a few seconds can mean disaster, and once they look past it one time, they will look past it easier. So we would have to kinda stay away from human contact." Replied. "course, i would need some help to find all the right ingrediants too. I have some here," she touched one of the pouches hanging from her belt, "but I still need a few."

"Well, that will have to do. I suppose it is better than going in there as we are." Said Rann.

"Great," I said, "If no one has any objections, we should start gathering the rest of the ingrediants. I only need a couple. Moriko, I need you to gather some Heartsbane, its a plant, found in the woods on the west side of a tree. Rann, you can get the Linderson roots, they shouldn't be to hard too find, since the plant grows next to ponds and lakes, they are green with black and red berries, at this time of the year. be sure not to eat the berries, they are poisonous, and the thorns on the plant, arn't much better. Reena, you can find me some Hearts[I]Fang[/I] not to be mixed up with Hearstsbane. It is a weed, found by Dying trees, greenish leaves, and black thorns. be careful with it, and only bring back 3 leaves. No more, no less.
And last, Roya, I need you to gather a peice of a humans clothing. I picked you for this since you can disguise yourself as a cat. The rest of you will help me here."

Katumea-"Hem hem!"

Everyone looked around at Katumea who was standing in the shadows.

Katumea-"I have a different idea."

Moriko-"What? Better be a good one!"

Katumea-"Its easy and probobly less risky. We all wear capes. If you dont have one I can go and buy some in the city. I already have a cape. What do you all think about that?"

[i]Roya shrugged[/i]

Roya- It doesn't make a difference to me. I can look like a cat and I can look like a human without much trouble, I can act like both the parts, no sweat.

Tani- The reason I picked an illusion spell is cause I have been to such cities before. They usually have some kind of gaurd system against none-humans, like dogs or just a simple search. The illusion would mask our sent as well and there is no need to risk our cloaks being taken off.

Roya- Pfft, I can avoid contact with dogs too.

Tani- Again that's why your going to go and get human clothing.

Katumea- I guess no cloaks then...

----
Katana, I didn't mean to make u sound stupid, I didn't even realise that's what I was doing ^^;; Sorry

[COLOR=coral]"You are late."
Phaedra pretended to ignore the voice as she squeezed the water out of her hair.
"And you took a great risk."
Phaedra turned around and faced the Leader of the Outcasts.
"I know, but the doors were guarded and the moat wasn't. There were more humans at the gate than..."

"Silly girl." said the Leader. "Those were no humans. They are as unhuman as you are."
"Good for them." Phaedra smirked. "But I didn't risk finding out."
"Now that's too bad." said the Leader. "They are good and you might have been of some help."
"I'm sure."
"Anyway, what news from the countryside?"

"The men have left to unite under the king and destroy us 'monsters'." Phaedra said in distaste. "They are dispatching small groups to scour areas where our kind has been sighted. They use their influence, rank and all that crap to wheedle information and the King's Imperial Army will follow to finish the job. If we destroy the small groups, we can be safe temporarily."
"Like you did in that lake?" the Leader glanced at Phaedra.
"How did you...?" Phaedra began. "Forget it. Besides, they were picking a fight with a dragon. Should I have stayed idle while they were implimenting torture?"

Phaedra tried to remember what else the man she killed had said. True, she was lying to justify her story. The only way she knew of the dragon was when the men mentioned it and the burn marks were quite enough proof.
"You didn't even see the dragon." the Leader said. "Now, if you want to conduct your raids, do so discreetly. We don't want too much attention."

"Fine!"
"Where will you go next?" asked the Leader.
"Around the city." Phaedra replied. "I'll take a tour of the place and tommorrow, I bid bye bye and move on to the Imperial City."
With those words, she leapt off her perch and began to walk toward the marketplace.[/COLOR]

Meh, just kidding, Roya. ^^;
-----
[i]Now...what was that called again? Hearts magiger?[/i]

[i]"Hearts BANE!"[/i] said a sharp voice in Moriko's head.
"STOP IT TANI!" she yelled. (Very loud, I might add, since some bird flew out of the trees they were in...)

[i](sniff sniff) She said it smelled almost like pepper...and I don't smell any pepper...wait a sec...(sniffle)[/i]
"AAAAA-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Moriko looked on the ground. All she saw was a tree trunk.

[i]Filthy, stupid humans. Chopping down nature. I don't see any reason why we can't just kill them...[/i]

"West side," she mumbled, "West side....here we go!" Moriko triumphantly held up a strange, red plant. She ran back to where the Rebellion group was.

"Geez, you're slow," said Roya. Moriko stuck her tongue out at her and handed Tani the plant.

"Okay, everything's here...do this...add sommma that..."

----------------------------------

"Meh he...some youngins," said an old man within the walls of Kammielyn (yay! I spelled it by myself! ^^;; ). "Must be on a trip."
"This is really weird," said Reena, looking around at all the humans.
"But it works," said Rann, "Thanks Tani."
Tani grinned. "You be welcome."

[i]Stupid Katumea...an illusion is [u]much[/u] better than a cloak.[/i]

----
Sorry Iva. Just had to get you at something...:D

[color=indigo][i]Rann-[/i]"Okay now to get inside the city."

[i]Rann looked up at the sun. It was almost noon, and the gates would be closing soon.

Rann-[/i]"You're sure that the illusion will stay on when we're inside the city?" [i]Tani nodded but her eyes still looked a little worried.

Rann-[/i]"Well there's only one way to find out."

[i]He stepped up to the gates, the human guards looking at him, then dismissed him as a commoner. The rest followed more reculantly behind him.[/i][/color]

[COLOR=blue]OCC:Sorry, I haven`t posted in a while.
------------------------------------------------

Mori-Sora didn`t noticed hat she had slept so long. She immedatly got up and ran as fast as she could to the nearest town. She hoped she wasn`t late to meet up with other members of the rebellion.

Mori-Sora:Darn it, how could Ibe so dumb to over sleep for I think a day, oh I am not sure. I just hope I can find other members of the rebellion and fast.

She saw a city with gates and human guards. Since she basicly looked human, they let her in with out asking questions.

"All that running made me tired. Mabye I could find a place to stay in this city."[/COLOR]

"I'm going off on my own for awhile" evean said as he pulled out some bandages and wraped it around his head. "Are you sure you should be going like that" rann asked. "Yes i've done it before. I normaly avoid eye contact and if some trys they see the bandages. I normaly say i'm a blind persion who have improved his hearing and senseing skills. I can still see through the bandages but people can't see through them" evean said pulling up his hood. "Well then don't get into trouble" tani said. "I'll see what I can find out" evean said as he walked to some shops.

Reena sighed, might as well go with him, she thought. She walked into a store and looked around, it was a tea shop, and it was empty. There was a small roly-poly old man sitting behind the counter with a big smile on his face. Reena took a look around at the merchandise. She spotted a small bag and gasped. Everyone stared at her for a moment, then returned to their business. She picked up the bag and stared at it for a long time. She reached into a pocket and pulled out a small pouch, which she reached into with her hand and pulled out a fine brown powder. She grinned and returned the powder to the pouch. She looked at the man behind the counter and put the bag on the table, the man looked at it and smiled.
"Tea? No one has ordered that in a while." Reena smiled and looked at the man.
"I used to know this one place where they served the best tea in the city." He continued, reclining in his chair.
"There was a really nice girl running it, looked like..." He looked at Reena.
"A lot like you. She was a good person, and came here every other day to get her favorite tea, but one day, her shop...disappeared." He looked up in shock.
"Oh my, I'm awfully sorry to keep you with old stories."
"That's okay, I like stories." She said with a little smile. The man looked at the bag and Reena paid the bill, suddenly three soldiers barged in, the man looked at them quite pleased, even though they didn't look very pleased.
"Ah! More customers! What would you like?"
"Enough games, old man. Your rent is late."
"Oh dear." He said as he reched into the cash register.
"How much?"
"30,000 gold." The soldier snarled, the owner looked at him pityingly.
"I don't have that kind of money. I'm sorry but you'll have to come back another time." The soldier pulled out a blade and held the owner by the collar. Reena brought her arm down and knocked the man's arm away. She put one hand on the sword undr her kimono.
"Leave him alone!" She roared, the soldier slapped her.
"It's none of your concern, little girl." The soldier sneered. Reena turned around and slapped him right back, her hit was so powerful it knocked him through a wall. The other two just stared in shock, then ran off to alert the watch. Reena looked at the owner.
"I'm sorry." She said with a sad face, the man gasped.
"Now I know who you are!" He said in a moment of revelation.
"You're Reena! You owned that store!" Reena sighed, she knew she had to incapacitate the man so that he wouldn't get hurt. He just smiled.
"I know, you have to hurt me so it doesn't look like I helped you." The man continued to smile.
"Don't worry, I don't mind."
"Sorry." Reena said sadly, she put a hand on the man's shoulder, and with her strength, knocked him out with a powerful grip. He slid off the chair and landed on the floor. Reena looked out the door, and then went into a back room, jumping out a window. If she couldn't be with Rann, she could at least draw the guards away from him...

"Woah...wonder where their all going..."

About ten solider were running in the direction Reena had went moments ago. Moriko sighed. There was nothing she could do now, and besides, she knew Reena could handle it.

"Looks like we've got company," mumbled Rann, as four soilders rushed up to the group of Rebellions.

"Sir! Have you seen this person?"
The solider held up a picture of Reena.

"No, not at all," replied Rann in a calm voice. The other Rebellions followed suit, saying things like "Nope, never" or "Whew we, ugly!" (I'm just kiddng. ;)). Others just shook their heads.

"The creature is not in this area! Spread out! We need to get this freak, dead or alive."
The soilders ran off.

Moriko breathed a huge sigh of relief, while Roya clenched her fists.
"How [u]dare[/u] they call Reena a freak! Who do they think they are, anyways? Filthy pigs!" Katumea clapped her hand across Roya's mouth.

"Shut up! Do you want us to get caught?"

Rann turned around. "I suppose we need to find Reena, wherever she may be. Try not to get caught."

The group nodded and quickly split apart. Moriko walked quickly, doing her best to not make her tail swish. Suddenly, she felt an extra weight on her shoulder.

There was Roya, the little black cat, sitting there, mowing. Moriko grinned and ran off, trying to catch Reena's scent.

Evean entered a weapon shop. "Welcome to my shop. I usealy don't get travelers. It's normaly knights, soldiers or people who are hunting the rebelion. I agree with the reblion that every one should get along to gether" the shop owner said turning to evean. "Yes I agree with you. There should be peace amongst all people. Can you tell me what's been going on in this town" evean asked. "From what I herd a army is being formed to fight the rebelion. Those that are caught are to be killed" the shop keeper said. Evean then caught the smell of reena and she was being chased. "Thank you for all your help" even said as he left.
He followed the sent and found the soldiers geting ready to attack. Evean unraveled his wip and stuck a knight who was about to hit reena. "Didn't your mother ever teach you never to hit a woman" evean said smiling. "You should stay out of this. It has nothing to do with you" the soilder said looking at evean. "When it come to helping some one it allways does. I belive what your doing is wrong" evean said putting away his wip and pulled out his sword getting ready to fight.

[color=indigo][i]Rann looked in every nook and cranny for Reena. He knew that she didn't like to fight but if the guards tried to....well I won't think of that, Rann thought.

He rushed down yet another alley, when he stummbled right into one of the guards.
Rann-[/i]"Pardon sir, I did not mean to bump you, if you will just excuse me..." [i]he mummbled something else and kept his head down.

The guard stopped and looked at him closly.
Guard-[/i]"Where are your prisoners?"

[i]Rann-[/i]"I don't understand sir, what are you talking about?"
[i]Rann lifted his head slowly and saw the leader of the band of humans they had met earier.

Guard-[/i]"You know the Rebellions you caught eariler. Where are they now?"

[i]Rann cleared his throat nervously.
Rann-[/i]"They...are...ah...well that is to say...they...I gave them over to the military. They can do what they must with them."

[i]The Guard's eyes narrowed suspiciously. Another guard came running up to the leader.
Other Guard-[/i]"Sir! Some other guards have got one of the Rebellions surrounded. She is Reena, the one we've benn looking for such a long time." [i]The guard discribe Reena to the leader.

Rann slowly inched his way away from them.
Commander-[/i]"GET HIM!!![/color]

[COLOR=coral]Phaedra walked calmly out of the shop following a bunch of other commoners rushing to gather around some exciting event.
Phaedra watched as the commonners began to place bets and taunt at whatever was going on.
What the heck could be that interesting?

She walked among the people and squeezed her way into the middle.
Two people were in the center, a soldier and a young boy.
Phaedra's eyes widened. It was that boy at the gate. Where were his friends?
The soldier was aiming a glinting spear at the boy's heart and the boy's hand was on his undrawn sword. The pheasants were jeering and prompting the soldier to make his move.

Extremely sickened, Phaedra began to walk toward the two. She stopped. It wouldn't do any good. If she wanted to help, she had better do it inconspicuously.
She made a slight beckoning motion with her hand and immediately, every drop of water in the marketplace erupted from it's container. Tea flew out of cups, rancid water churned out of the gutters and a great spout of water in the wrathful shape of a swordfish surged onto the crowd from the moat. People screamed in confusion. The soldiers slipped and fell, hurting themselves with their weapons. The boy in the center stared on in half comprehension.

"Come on!" Phaedra grasped his shoulders and dragged the boy out of the way as water pounded the market place.
Wet and chilled, the two stood in an alley. Phaedra mumbled on about the third time getting wet and Rann stood dripping slowly.
"Phaedra." the mergirl introduced herself curtly. "Mermaid, only one of my kind."
"Oh..Rann." he held up a soaking hand in greeting. [/COLOR]