OtakuBoards

The Outcast Rebellion

Rhys Mayiessen

Mori-Sora looked at the two with pity.

"Mabye we should split up and go back to the city. I am almost out of arrows and I want to get a new sword. Also, Tani and Katumea need medical attention and I don`t think any of us has herbs or anything."

She looked around at the group waiting for a reply but she continued to speak.

"Mabye we should take a rest, after all we are all tired. I`ll go and find some herbs and make a medicine that will help temperarily help out Tani and Katumea."

Mori-Sora looked at the sky and saw it was turning dark. She transformed to her full wolf form and ran into the forest like a flash of lightning.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"NO!! I don't want to go back to the village! What if Tani dies! She can't die! She's one of the only friends I got. All my other friends and family were killed by the humens. She's like family to me and this time I can do something to help. Befor I was to young to fight and save my family and friends."

Katumea had tears dripping down her cheeks. All of the outcast rebelion were like her family. She didn't want to loose any of them. It be like reliving a horror story to her.
It was silent. Tani was moved by the things her best friend had said about her.

"But what about you and Moriko, Katumea? You need medical attention."

Tani said, walking to Katumea's side.

"No we don't! We're fine."

Katumea tryed to stand on her own but fell on Tani's sholder.
Mori-Sora had just come out of the forest with the herbs in her mouth. She changed back into her humen form and started to brew her medicine.

"Woah woah WOAH!" Moriko yelled at Katumea. "Calm down you moron!"
Katumea began pacing her breathing. "Yeah...it's just...we can't let Tani die!"
"No duh," responded Moriko, her hand wiping her face. "But we can't let those soldiers get back to the city and give away our postion."
"Then why don't we just [i]move[/i]? Ever think about that, genius?"

"Because they [i]know[/i] that were riding on dragons. Did you ever think about [i]that[/i], genius?"

The two crossed their arms and looked away from each other.

"Guys guys guys!" said Mori-Sora, trying to maintain peace. "Don't fight!" (At this time in an anime, she'd be smiling with a large sweatdrop on her head...I'll shut up now...)

"Yeah you guys. I mean..." Tani jumped off Reena. "We need to maintain a proper vocal level so we don't get discovered."

"There you go in your miss goody-goody act again," said Moriko, "Can you give it a rest for once?"

"What's that suppossed to mean? You know I'm always like this!"

"Yeah, but," Moriko began to talk in a higher voice, imitating Tani, "[i]We need to maintain a proper vocal level so we don't get discovered.[/i] Sheesh."

Tani heaved a sigh. "Shut up."
"You."
"No you."
"You."
"No you!"
"YOU!"

"Hey hey hey! Elf girl and demon person, could you shut up so we can get going?" said Phaedra. "Just shut your traps, take Mori's medicine, and we can go find this sword, okay?"

Needless to say, the rebellion wasn't feeling that well towards each other that night.

Reena watched as the group continued to bicker in the background. She was still in her dragon form, and found no means of getting through to any of them. At least she knew that they would be in danger soon if they didn't grow up.

[i]Kill...[/i]

Reena looked up, feeling a small nerve twinge in her back, as though there was a particularily cold gust of wind blowing by her.

[i]Die...Kill...[/i]

Reena then began to feel a prickly warmth rising from a pit in her stomach. It grew hotter and hotter until it began to feel nauseating, Reena began to sway and try to contain herself, but the voice was growing louder, and it seemed to be trying to take over her mind...

[i]Kill them...They are food...They are weak...Kill them...[/i]

Reena growled slightly and swayed even more violently, knocking over a tree. By now, no one could miss the fact that Reena seemed to be becoming increasingly agitated.
"Reena? Are you okay?" Moriko asked, starting to get a little worried for Reena's safety. Reena swayed more and began to rear herself to her full height, but now there was an angry roar raging in her stomach, and she began to feel a sickening bloodlust as the rage and blood began to mount.

[i]Kill them...They are nothing!...KILL THEM![/i]

Without warning, Reena gave a mighty flap of her wings, propelling her into the air and knocking everyone else to the ground. She roared violently and flew straight up, did a small circle in the air and flew a little bit before crashing into a deep woods and causing a deafening bang. The rest of the group got up to see what had happened, when there was another bang, and a fiery explosion consumed half the woods, there was no sign of Reena, at least not as a dragon. The group looked at each other in stunned shock, before heading off to try and find their comrade...

"HOLY-" Moriko swore so loudly but her voice couldn't be heard through the roar of the flames and falling of the forest.

It all stopped. The Reena-Dragon was nowhere to be found. Swiftly, the rebellion searched the area, looking for any traces of Reena.

"You know, even an ear would be nice," said Katumea, lifting up some fallen trees.

"That's not very funny," said Tani, waving her staff around. The magic lifted up the fallen trees. "Hurry," she grunted through clenched teeth, "I can't hold this for long you know!"

Rann nodded. He transformed into a dragon, then flew up in the air to look. Katumea and Evean started sniffing the ground for Reena's scent, Moriko looking on, muffling her laughter.

Tani couldn't hold it. She closed her eyes, as if in pain, trying to hold up the massive weight of all the trees. Sweat trickled down her face in pained concentration.
"I'm really sorry you guys!" she yelled, "But I can't hold it up anymore!"
She let her concentration go loose. Her hands fell to her side as she fell on her knees. The elf laid on the floor, appearing dead.

"ACK! TANI!" Moriko yelled, running over to her friend's side. Tani made a few mumbles.
"I'm fine. Look for Reena though."

Sorry sorry sorry! soo sorry! It has been like, a page an a half since i posted. I have been really busy. hehe oh well i will try to make up for it with a really long post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=Limegreen][I] Tani pushed herself up onto her elbows, and cringed as a sliver of pain shot through her joints.
"what happend?" she thought to herself. "I guess this stupid curse effects my endurance too. I should have been able to hold that longer"

Heaved herself onto her feet and used her staff as a leaning pole.[/I]

"Did you find her?" she called.
"No" came an aggrivated answer from Moriko.
"shoot. Where could she be?" Tani muttered to herself.

[I] a thought came to mind.[/I]

"Hey...did anyone check near the flames? Dragons like flames right? She might be [i] In[/i] the flames, ya know? I mean, if i were injured and my power was best with flames, i'd find a fire."

"Maybe" Moriko said doubfully.
"I could be wrong. I seem to be having an off time lately..." she said, a laugh becoming a grimace as again her cursed wound caused her pain. She slid down, and sat, holding her staff across her knees with one hand, and holding her chest with the other. She shot some of her magic through herself, and releived herself a little.

"I am fine, stop fussing over me!" she said to katumea, who was nearly dancing in paninc around her and asking stupid questions.[/color]

Mori-Sora looked at Tani for a moment, then she began to speak.
"Mabye we should go near the flames but um... never mind, lets go. It sure does beat sniffing the ground like dogs" She stared at Kutamea and evean.

The group walked to toward the flames, with Tani slowly following behind clutching herself in pain. As they got closer to the flames, Mori-Sora`s vision begain to get blurry and dark. She remembered as a chid that flames messed with her eyes for some reason and would temperarily blind her. She was upset that this was happening now when she had to help save a friend. She didn`t want to tell the others. She decided not to speak and tried to block her thoughts so that no one can try to read her mind.

Reena began to get up slowly, she was totally mystified as to what had just happened. Her head throbbed and her stomach seemed tight and it was rumbling, she felt extremely sick and thought she would pass out again. She regained her senses and looked around. She was in a wrecked forest, which she had a strange suspicion was somehow related to that feeling she had earlier. Frowning, she walked in the other direction to where the forest grew thick again, and she walked among the trees, which were comletely still. The explosion must have scared everything off, she thought glumly as she rounded a corner, and stopped dead.
There was a strange pool of water in a small clearing, and it seemed undisturbed by the explosion. Reena took a step forward when she heard whispering coming from behind a large rock on the side of the pool.
"You think you'll be okay? What if whatever is there attacks you?" It was a young girl's voice, Reena stood still.
"I'll be alright...that thing looked...familliar." This was a boy, apparently the same age.
"Familliar? You mean?"
"I told you, I'm not like everyone else, don't you like being with me?"
"Of course I do! I'll come here every day, and we can be in peace."
"..."
"Are you okay?"
"...Thanks."
"For what?"
"For staying with me...when no one else will..."
"It's okay, just don't get hurt and I'll see you tomorrow."
"Thanks." There was the sound of receding footsteps, very quick, and Reena saw the girl was leaving, there was a deep sigh from behind the rock, and Reena went down to sit next to it.
"She's really nice, huh."
"What?" The boy said in surprise at Reena's arrival.
"She's really nice, I said, don't you think so?"
"Of course she's nice, she comes to visit me." Reena felt a little strange talking to a human boy from around a rock like this, but a strange feeling washed over her as she heard his voice.
"Do you like her?"
"...Yeah...a little...she's really good to me, and no one else likes me."
"How would you know that?"
"Because I'm different..."
"How different?" There was a pause, and Reena heard a few small footsteps coming from around the side. She looked over and saw a small boy, probably seven or eight years old, looking out from around the corner. He had dark electric blue and red hair, and bright green eyes, as well as small markings under his eyes. Reena looked at him and smiled.
"You don't look too different."
"It's not the way I look...It's something else..."
"Then what..." Reena paused as she began to feel something. A small thought in the back of her mind, approaching slowly and gaining momentum as though it were exiting a tunnel. THe thought grew deeper and Reena began to recall something, the hair, the eyes, those green eyes, an incredible wave of recollection washed over her as she looked into his eyes, so similar to her own, a spark inside them, one that reminded her of...
The nexk thing she knew, she was holding the boy in her arms, and tears were streaming down her face, he was confused, but at the same time, began to realize something.
"Are you..too?" Reena didn't answer, she slowly released herself from him and sat back on her knees, sitting on her feet.
"Are you like me?" He asked again, she smiled and nodded.
"Yes, we are like each other," She said with a small smile.
"We are both Dragons..."
"REENA!" Reena whirled and saw Moriko, Katumea, Mori-Sora and Tani all standing there shocked, Reena stood up and looked at them, still shocked and surprised, Moriko and Katumea began babbling at once, asking questions more rapidly than Reena could understand, let alone answer.
"I'm fine, I don't know what happened, but..." She looked down, and saw that the dragon boy was no longer there. She looked disappointed, but she looked back at her friends with a smile.
"I'm fine, I just...saw a bit of my past, that's all." Moriko and Katumea looked at each other stunned, but Tani nodded sagely, and Mori-Sora looked at her strangely.
"Let's keep going, I'm better now." Reena turned around and walked off, the rest of the group had to rush to catch up, and once they had all left, the boy emerged from behind the rock and watched as they walked back into the woods.
"Reena..."

Tani looked over at Moriko. Their eyes met.

[i]Talk about mental problem.

"Moriko! Don't be so mean!"

You know it's true.

"It is not! Don't give Reena a hard time. We just found her!"[/i]

Moriko shrugged. "I don't know...seems like it to me."

Tani puffed out her cheeks. "Hmph," she said, crossing her arms.

"Uh...you two okay?" Mori-Sora asked, looking between the two.
[i]"Why am I the one always confused?"[/i]

"You think she's okay?" Katumea asked Mori.
"Yeah. Well...maybe. I mean...er...well, how can someone 'see thier past'? It doesn't quite make sense."
Katumea sighed. "Nothing makes sense in this world."
"Yeah, that's true."

The five walked in silence for a bit, the only noise being made was the sound of leaves and twigs being snapped under their feet. Reena spoke up.
"Where's everybody else?" she asked, turning around.

"In the opposite direction of where we're going, that's for sure," Moriko responded.
"What? Why didn't you tell me?"
"We though you knew!"

Reena sighed. "Yeah, well...whatever."
The group turned around and headed back.
--------------
*does the happy dance because people are finally posting*

As they walked back, Mori-Sora stopped.
"Um do you guys mind if I stop at the lake for a moment? I seem to have something in my eye. Don`t worry, you guys can go on, I`ll catch up in a minute."

"Okay, just don`t take too long." Replied Kutamea.

Mori-Sora walked to the lake where they had just found Reena. She sat down and rinsed her burning eyes with water. She thought to herself.
"I am glad my eyes are better now, I just hope we can take another way through the forest. Well I better catch up to the others."
As Mori-Sora began to walk away, she picked up a strange sent. It wasn`t human and it wasn`t an animal neither. She decided not to think too much about it and left to find the group.

[color=indigo]OOC: Oh geez I didn't even know that people were still posting in this! Haha I feel stupid now! Sorry for not responding in a while.

[i]Rann watched the others as they moved out of the forest, he was still in dragon form. He sighed. He knew what Reena had gone through, or at least he thought he did. He wasn't full dragon, so he didn't have the urge as bad as full but he did sometimes.

He spirled down and landed on the grass just outside the forest, with not so much as a thud. Rann consentrated and felt himself shrinking. The next moment he was human again. It always felt better to be in human form for him, he still hadn't gotten use to being in dragon form.

He started to look around, wondering where the others had gone. Shrugging he santured into the forest, decided that he would find them some time.[/color][/i]

"Okay, everybody freshened up?" Moriko half yelled, half asked.
"Yes!" came the reply.

"Does anybody need to use the bathroom?"
"Morik, that fits into the category of freshened up," muttered Tani.
"I knew that!" came Moriko's stout and cheerful reply.

The group began to walk back. The path they had taken was easily found, for there were broken twigs, foot imprints, and small circles indicating where Tani's staff had been. Katumea yawned and started talking to Mori-Sora about random things, while Moriko and Tani tried to see what had happened to Reena.

"You said you saw your past," said Tani, sounding a tad concerned.
"Or something like that," piped in Moriko.
Reena sighed. "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."

"Hey," said Moriko, pointing a thumb at herself, "Lookie at me. If I was under a cloak, and I told you I was a demon,would you believe it?"
"Well yeah. People don't lie about not being human."
"Yeah! We rebellions don't lie!"
There was a loud cough from Tani. "Or at least most of the time."

Reena took in a breath, as if about to tell some long story that would last for hours. "Well, it was right after I collapsed. I heard some voices behind a rock on the other side of this pool."

"A rock?" Tani asked.

"Yup. Anyways, it sounded like a boy and a girl, and the girl was asking the boy if he'd be okay, and about what if he got attacked and stuff like that. The boy said he'd be find and the girl ran off."

"Okay...so what's so weird about that?" Moriko wondered.

"I'm not finished yet."
"Yeah, that would help."

"So the girl ran off. I went to go talk to the boy. It was strange, to be talking to somebody between a rock, but he eventually came out and showed me who he was."

"What'd he look like?" Tani asked.

"Let's see...dark blue eyes and orange hair...he was about, maybe seven or eight. Oh, and he had these funny markings under his eye."
----------
Blah, I'm ending there cause I'm tired of typing. *yawns*

"So, what is so weird, and what does this guy have to do with your past?!" Moriko yelled, starting to get a little exasperated.
"He was a dragon, just like me." Reena said calmly, everyone froze on the spot and stared.
"A...dragon?" Katumea asked, almost frightened, Moriko stared with her jaw open, Tani looked pensive, Rann looked stunned.
"I thought all other dragons were gone except for Reena and Rann?" Mori-Sora piped up, Reena shrugged.
"It was in his eyes, I saw it, a sign of a dragon's spirit."
"What did it look like?" Moriko asked curiously. Reena shrugged again.
"It's hard to describe, you feel it more than you see." Moriko looked annoyed.
"Come on!" She whined, Reena sighed and walked right next to her, eyes about an inch apart from each other.
Moriko looked deep into Reena's eyes and thought she saw something, like a small fire deep inside Reena's iris, she felt warmer just looking at it, then hotter, and she felt herself start to sweat and she seemed to become lighter. In an incredible flash, Moriko jumped, or rather, flew backwards as though she had just been hit in the face with a fireball.
"What that it?!" She asked, sounding almost panicky with surprise.
"I guess it was, I can't see it myself." Reena said, swaying on her feet as though embarrassed. The rest of the group began to walk off, but Rann stayed where he was. Reena whirled from the rest of the group and walked back next to him.
"Is there anything I can do?" Reena asked gently, Rann swayed as though he was being woken up.
"Uh?..no, not really."
"I can see it in you too, just because you aren't a full dragon doesn't mean we can't see it." She looked aprehinsive as her face moved closer to his.
"Yours is similar to that other boy's, do you think you are related to him?"
"Maybe, I don't know too much about my family."
"It's okay, maybe someday we'll meet more dragons."
"I don't know, there's this war...and then we may not..."
"Now who seems stressed?" Reena asked with a slight smile.
"Come on, today I just lived a dream, maybe it'll happen to you too!"
"I don't know." Reena smiled.
"It's possible, you know? Maybe there's a place around where lots of dragons live!"
"Not very likely."
"Says the guy who thought there weren't anymore dragons around."
"Well..." Reena's smile vanished.
"You don't believe me?"
"...No." Rann replied flatly, to his surprise, Reena grinned sheepishly.
"It's okay, I didn't think anyone would, but I'm fine." With that, she turned on her heel and left to catch up with the rest of the group.

Mori-Sora stared at Reena as she cought up with the rest of them.
" Is there something going on between you and Rann"? asked Mori-Sora.
"What do you mean?" replied Reena
"What I am trying to say is...are you two having some sort of relationship?"
Reena looked at Mori-Sora as if she was crazy."Don`t be silly Mori, the only relationship we have is a basic friendship."
"Well okay, if you say so."
Mori-Sora walked up a bit to catch up with Kutamea and Tani then turned around and looked at Rann.
"What`s our plan now? Are we going to go to the mountains or what?"

Moriko yawned.
"Yeah. If we don't do that now, we'll never get it done."
"True, very true," replied Reena, fingering her hair.

"So let's get going," said Rann, concentrating his energy to become a dragon again.

"Should we let Reena?" Tani asked, sounding concerned. "We don't need what just happened to us happen again, you know."

Rann stopped. "Yeah, I don't think it'll be a good idea if we let her. No offense, Reena, but we just don't want that incident to be repeated."

"You sound like a broken record," replied Katumea, sighing. "That's just what elfy said."

"ELFY?" Tani yelled. "WHO YOU CALLING ELFY?"

"That's not a real word," chimed in Moriko, who turned to Rann. "Well, you think we can ride on you?"
Rann nodded. "Yeah, I think we'll be able to do it. I know that you and Katumea were suppossed to go to the mountains after you finish off the soliders, but you two can't really do much but walk and stuff."

"Sorry," said Katumea, sounding a bit agitated, "But me and Morik are on the verge of becoming the Sunday night special."

"I can see it now," said Mori-Sora sarcasticly, "Freash from the forest, demons from the Rebellion! Only ten gold pieces a pound!"

The group burst out in laughter, everyone except Katumea and Moriko.
"Yeah yeah yeah, have your fun. But before you know it, they'll be serving up a healthy dish of dragons and elves and wolves, so shut your trap."

There came a loud cough from Phaedra. "So," she said, "Let's go."

Rann transformed and everyone climbed on, crammed into certain areas where he was the most stable. Tani healed everybody to the best of her abilities while Reena stood, looking at the ground miles beneath them.

"You okay?" Mori asked, walking up to her (with a bit of difficulty, because of the surface the Rebellion was on).
"Yeah," came the reply, although it was unsure and shaky. "I just wish there's more of us," Reena waved, indicating herself and Rann, "Out there. It's a lot to hope for, I know, but I still hope for it."
"Uh-huh," said Mori, "We all are hoping for the best. For the future. But for the moment, the future doesn't look that good."

They have been flying for several hours now and it was becomming dark. Mori was sleepy but she was afraid of heights and didn`t want to sleep on Rann`s back.
"Hey guys, we have been flying for a while now, why don`t we find a nice safe place to land and take a rest?"

"That does sond like a good idea" replied Rann "but what if more soilders are out looking for us?"

"Then we`ll just kick their butts" replied Katumea.

"Come on you guys, just for a little bit please?" Pleaded Mori

"Fine, I guess a hour of rest wouldn`t hurt anyone."said Rann.

With that, the gang kept a look out to find a safe place to land so that they can rest.

AKA, a revival post.
---------

Moriko looked around. Her face squished against her hand as she observed Rann trying to crack open a nut while Reena and Katumea egged him on, throwing small pebbles at his arms.

Eowyn sat under a tree, her staff sticking way up in the air (like in the 3rd Inuyasha song with Miroku under the tree). She appeared to be meditating, an aura of lavender surronding her body.

Mori-Sora walked up to Moriko and sat down, than began thinking. Moriko looked at her, a confused look on her face, but then shook her head and stared back at the "let's-make-Rann-mad-as-he-tried-to-crack-open-a-walnut". She began to laugh.

"Go go go go go go go!" cried Katumea and Reena at the same time. Rann began to try and open up the nut with his teeth.

"Will that work?" Mori-Sora asked, particuarly to no one.
"Probably not," Moriko responded. "He's just making his teeth dirty. I could, Katumea could, Eowyn probably could."
"Because you have fangs?" Mori asked, in a slightly amused voice.
"Yup."

They were cut off by a loud cheer from Reena and Katumea, for Rann has somehow managed to crack open the nut. He ate it, a look of triumph on his face. "See?" he said, "I told you I could do it."

Moriko looked back at Eowyn. One of her eyes were open, looking at Rann, a smile on her face.

"Where's Evean?" Mori asked.
"He and Roya went hunting," replied Eowyn.
"Oh yeah..."
----
It was one of my short, pointless, yet entertaining posts. I just couldn't let this die. ^^

Mori looked at Moriko and began to talk with her.

"It sure feels good to have a nice rest, we don`t have to worry about anything. It`s so peaceful.

"Yeah it is"Replied Moriko

"I wonder if there`s a lake around here, my cloak is kind of dirty"

"Yeah, it was black but now it looks kind of brown with dust."said Moriko.

Mori took off her cloack revealing her long black braided hair and all of a sudden a pair of dog-like ears appeared at the top of her head.

"I better go find that lake now, I`ll see you guys later."

Mori left tp find a lake.
----------------------------------------
Sorry that was a bad post.

I'm starting to think I'm the only one (beisdes Mori-Sora) that even cares about this anymore. XP C'mon people!
--------
Moriko sighed. She laid down on the ground, hard dirt that had a top layer of dust. Thoughts suddenly popped into her head.

[i]Tani...what about that stupid sword? While we're waiting here on our little butts, she's dying every moment. When she talks, when she walks, when she everything, she's dying. I can sense her energy's gone down low since the jewel incident...[/i]

That unpleasant thought had also popped into her head. She remembered the cold darkness of her sapphire imprisoment, talking to the others about what it would be like to die. Moriko shook her head to keep the thought away.

There was a cough, then a hacking, then more coughing. Moriko looked up and saw Tani, still under her tree, lean forward and vomit. Moriko grimmaced and looked away.

[i]It's getting worse,[/i] she thought as she heard Rann, Katumea, and Reena scoot over towards Tani, asking if she'd like anything and if she was okay. She kept saying no, but they kept up their persistance.

[i]The more I think about it...the more I think about it, the less I can tolerate it. We have been gone for a day. It feels like a month. Tani won't last long under these circumstance...[/i]

Out of instinct, Moriko held up her index finger as a light blue ball of energy appeared there. She shot it at Tani - without looking - and heard the moan of the energy mearging. Moriko made a nod, satisfied, then fell asleep.
-------------
She woke up. Judging by the light, it looked about an hour or so before dawn, yet Moriko felt wide awake. She sat up, then stood up, and inspected everybody.
They were all asleep, Tani looking fine. Evean and Roya had come back about five or six hours ago; the scent of their tracks told her. She was about to leave when she noticed something.

Mori-Sora had yet to return. Moriko searched for her scent and could only find the one which had been next to her sleeping area. It was old and fading away.

[i]There's only one thing to do,[/i] she thought, [i]Go.[/i]
----------------
Sorry if this seemed self-centered. XP I wanted my character to think about things for a while, that's all.

OCC:I don`t think you sound self centered.
-------------------------------------------------------
Moriko went into the forest to look for Mori-Sora.

"Mori, where are you? Can you hear me? Mori?" Moriko shouted but she still didn`t hear a reply.

Moriko finally decided to find the closest lake to see if she was there. When she arrived at the lake, she saw Mori-Sora talking to an old woman and then the woman left.

"There you are Mori, I was looking all over for you"

"Sorry to worry you, but I had gotten lost in the forest finding this lake, then when I did find it I decided to take a bath but when I was finished, my clothes were missing and then the old woman returned them to me because her dog had taken them. After I got dressed, I asked the woman if she knew anything about the sword that can heal Tani but unfortinatly she didn`t."

"Well, I`m glad your okay"

"Thanks. We better get back to the others."
----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry my post sounds so bad.

Moriko shook her head. "No, I'm not. That's the reason I came out here, was to get away to the mountain. To help Tani."
Mori-Sora looked at her. "You're gonna [i]what[/i]?" she asked, as if the thought made her brain swirl. "You - you can't. Not alone, at least."

Moriko shrugged. "Do what you want. I'm going there and that's it. You can't stop me, but I'll let you try."
"There's no way I'm going in a one-on-one fight with you, demon girl," replied Mori, waving her left hand at Moriko. "Go fight a tree or something."

The old lady whom Mori-Sora had given directions looked up. "Did you say demon?" she asked, her voice croaky. Mori nodded. "My dear, what are you doing hanging around some filthy slime like that?"

Moriko looked at the old lady, snarling, shooting a death stare. She looked like an angry wolf. Mori-Sora waved her hands around for the women to stop, but she kept on going.

"Demons...I have a few dozen of their ears at home," she continued, "And a few tails. My husband was the greatest demon hunter of all time! Now, those Outcasts, let me tell you....those are some of the worst scum on this planet! They slaughter our livestock, raid our fields, and kill our children. Pieces of work, my word. They say fifty of Kammielyon's finest men were slaughtered just two days ago. A pack of nine Outcasts were in the city then, and caused all kinds of trouble. Those soliders let them escape though - probably couldn't kill them."

At this point, Moriko was about to slaughter the old hag, her fangs glinting and her breath going in and out at enormous rates. Mori-Sora had put on a lump face, making her emotions clearly unreadable.
"I'm sorry you feel that way," she replied, and walked away.

As Mori-Sora walked away, Moriko followed, staring at the old woman evily.

"That woman had some nerve saying all of those things about us and other demons." said Moriko angrly.

"Yes, I know. My mother was killed by humans and I bet they probably took her ears and tail too but that`s not importanat. I have decided to help you find the cure for Tani."

"Really?"

"Yes. Should we tell the others or just leave? Well I have to return to the camp anyway, I left my arrows there. I`ll be right back."

Mori then started to walk away.

O.O.C: Sorry I haven't posted in awhile

Evean was sitting under a tree listening to what was going on. "Even though there are many humans that hate us it's a good reminder to know that there are some that don't" evean thought thinking back to his travels and about the people he's met. The one's he became friends with had risked there lives to hide him soldiers that were looking for him or give him a place to stay at for a short time before he had to leave. "The faster all this is resolved the faster things can go back to normale" evean thought as he put his weapons on. As he stood up to stretch a wolf came by. The wolf just groweld.
"Some scouting troops around here. Better lead them away from here" evean thought as the wolf showed him where the soldiers were. "Thanks for the help" evean said as the wolf left. He looked around and started running. "There goes one of them" a soldier said pointing at him. "Come on guys. Let's see if you can catch me" evean said as the soldiers started chasing after him. He took out his whip and used it to pull him up into a tree. "Hey where did he go" a soldier asked looking around. Evean drew his sword and jumped down into the middle of them. He spun around and did strikes that nocked them out. "Better see if there are any more around" evean thought as he started running to do some searching.

Oops, I forgot the lady walked away. ^^ Thanks for going along with it, G.D. Ryoko. :sweat:
----------
Moriko sat on the ground, waiting for Mori-Sora to come back. She had her arms crossed across her chest and began to think.

[i]When is this going to end? Is this all life is going to be, constantly running and hiding from the humans? I don't want it to be.[/i]

Thoughts turned to a boy she once knew about five years ago.
"Awesomly cute," she muttered. "But he was killed."

There was a rustle of leaves as Moriko looked up and saw Mori-Sora, her bow and arrows slung across her back.
"C'mon," she said, beckoning towards the mountains, "Let's go."

Moriko nodded and stood up, wiping the dirt of her shirt. "Uh-huh. So... how should we go?"
Mori-Sora looked at her. "Well, the most obvious way is to just go and see what it get's us."
"Should we get anybody else?"
"Do you want to?"
"Not really," Moriko replied. "We'd probably just wake everybody up."

There was another rustle. Moriko whipped her sword out and preapared for combat.

"Mori? Moriko? Is that you?"

Evean came out, a few leaves stuck in hair. His whip was clutched in his hands.
"You've been battling?" Moriko asked, sounding mildly amused.
"Yeah. A few humans. I got them, but I think they have friends."

Mori-Sora nodded. "Yeah. Where there's five humans, there's fifty right behind them."

Sure no problem Katana.
--------------------------------------------------
Mori turned and looked at Evean.

"Do you want to come with Moriko and I? We are going to the mountains to find that sword and cure Tani."

"I don`t know, I mean shouldn`t we tell the others about this?"

"No" said Moriko" They need their rest, they`re all tired."

"Well, I guess I can come along."

The three of them set out toward the moutains.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry that was so bad.