OtakuBoards

Losing A Pet

Trigun 11

I lost my dog Chloe, a brittany spaniel mix today. I found her laying outside in the back yard dead. It's was so freaken Scary.. I shook her to wake her up but She didnt. So I called my mom at work in hysterics. She came home. My Dad, Mom and I took her to the vet's and gave her to them after I said my good bye to her.... She was my best friend. Literally. My parents are saying that she died from a infection but I think it's cause that I left her outside to long.My mother keeps on telling it wasnt my fault. Would you think it's weird or stupid to keep items such as your dog's collar and blanket to remind you of them?

Pets are a person best friend to me atleast. I got Chloe A month and 13 days after my grandmother Died...I'm even going to keep her collar with me at all times with me at school... God I miss Chloe... I'm going to ask someone to make a banner of her and Put a poem I wrote fer her today on it

[color=blue][size=1]My dalmation... she died a couple of months ago. Her back was caving in, so we put her to sleep. I'll miss her greatly. She was a very loyal dog and I won't ever forget about her.

Her name was Pickle. I called her that when I was 3, then it caught on. She used to eat peanut butter out of my hand sometimes.

Good bye Pickle.

~Pickle 1993-2002~[/color][/size]

Yes, it really is a sad thing when pets die. Interestingly enough, I recently lost one of my parakeets. Haha, I didn't like her much, but one of my other parakeets did. :D I don't know if it was shock or depression, but seeing such an active and vibrant being now just lying there: it tears at you somehow. It wasn't sadness exactly (esp. since I didn't even cry), but it is an eerie feeling that overcomes you.

We lost our German Shephard, Snoopy a long time ago. It was sad and we never had another dog. We then had a ginger cat named Bisi. We had him for 4 years before we moved house and he ran away. We tried to bring him back a few times but he would always leave again...I think not knowing what's happened to him is the saddest thing. I've still got an old picture of him in my album.

Guest pantalaimon
I lost my dog last year it was hard to miss him because i had him since i was 3 we kept his lead and his collar but i have a new dog now hes cool eventually you will get over grief.

[color=blue]We lost my first dog abou 8 months ago. He was ridge-back called Buster. Damn cool dog, and he died of pnuemonia at the age of fifteen. He was my age, so that kinda sucked too.
I cried on tear out of my left eye, and so did he (buster). I was sitting next to him when I cried, and we both cried out of the same eye, so that was kinda freaky. Crazy world huh.
We gots a new dog, but I'll always remember the other too.[/color]

11,I'm so sorry for your loss.I know how it feels.I had a Dalmation who I grew up with and he died.Few months later I took care of his son......he died.Don't worry she's probably in heaven right now sniffing the best butts she can find,and chewing on the best bones. :smirk: :(

I'm sorry for all of you people who have lost pets. Pets are like a part of your family and when you lose them it fells like you lost a close relative. I don't find it weird at all to keep a pet's possesion and it may help you to work through the grief and remeber all the great times you had together.

[color=silver] [size=0] Considering, i've only lost gerbils...i havent really felt that much pain about pets...but i will when one of my doggies dies...but i hope that's not anytime soon! well i am sorry to all of you who have lost pets...[/color] [/size]

We buried out beagle Mutt-Mutt in the backyard...sadly, we didn't keep his collar (we had buried him with it on) but we kept his bowl. It was really sorta symbolic...when Leika (Mutt-Mutt's mother) was in labor, my father was there to help her give birth. And then Mutt-Mutt died in his arms nearly 13 years later.

After my cockatiel Melissa died, I kept a few of her feathers. God, she was a beautiful bird. Pie-eyed, I think they call it: she was entirely gray and white. She didn't have the yellow or orange blotches on her cheeks or any other yellow on her. Just...white and gray.

She hated me. She used to nip my fingers through the bars of her cage. But I still loved that bird.

I'm sorry for your loss of Chloe. I don't really think a dog can die from "being left outside too long," unless it was unnaturally hot or cold...and even if it was, don't blame yourself. Don't look at her death with that view...you don't want to remember her like that and she wouldn't have wanted you to feel responsible for her passing.

it's alright to keep an item that belonged to the animal after it died and its no your falt either. When our snozer, Scamp, died I cried. I'm just glad I got to say goodbye before she was put to sleep. i had that dog all my life and it was so sad when she got sick... Then my cat, Coca Cola died and I didn't even get to see her before she died. she was at the vet during her last week...just thinking about them makes me start to cry.. but you must move on and live for their sake...OK now i'm sounding cheesy...*sniff*

[size=1][color=green]

Stupid!? THAT DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT! I'd call more smart. :) My cat Dusty died about 5 years ago. He was an outdoor cat and one of our cars wa leaking oil. Dusty started drinking the oil and we had to put him down. :( Then 2 weeks later, we got a new cat! Her name's Misty. We almost never let her go outside.

To Dusty...[/size][/color]

I don't think its wierd to keep stuff that reminds of your dog. We had to put are dog Jazz to sleep a Year ago because his body systems started shutting down. I really miss him he was with my family before I was ever born he never hurt anyone never would he was to nice. We still keep his collar and all the pictures of him. I still haven't really got over it no dog could ever replace him.

[color=b60039]I know what it's like to lose a pet very dear to you, I had Lickie (I named him), a standard poodle (not those small ones but the BIG ones) since i was 4 and he died last year on June 30 beacuse of a twisted stomache. He had always had stomache problems before but he always got over them the next day - i remember my dad saying to me as I walked down the hall and Lickie was outside, "Lickie's not feeling well today. If he sees you he may cheer up." and we went over to paint our old house to make it look well, and Lickie was outside trying to eat but he couldn't ::tearing up:: and he kept coming inside the room to see what we were doing..i still have his muddy paw prints on the cover up for the floor, and so I went to the new house and my mom called and said that they were taking Lickie to the vet because dad said that his stomache was swelled and he couldn't walk, and I never thought that he would die..and when mom and dad came home, he wasn't with them, and they had put him to sleep. "He's gone, honey.." I never got to say goodbye..and i remember it was a rainy day that day...Lickie always hated storms...

The next day we went to go get his toys out of the backyard and put them in a box, so we still keep them. It's not weird to keep anything that belonged to your old dog - my new dog wears his collar now and I gathered old pictures of lickie and put them all over my dresser. Don't ever think it's weird to remember.[/color]

I've lost a few dogs in my life. We've had about four or five dogs since I was born, they've lasted for about a year or two, and than ran away or got lost. We live out on a one-hundred-and-fifty-seven acre block of land, and it's not hard to get lost. We actually had an Australian Red Cattle-Dog, or.. blue. I'm not sure, I think he was a red Cattle-Dog. His nme was "Jacko". He was an awesome dog. I loved him. My parents couldn't handle him anymore, and they wouldn't listen to us kids, so they took him to the pound. I nearly cried... I think I did. It was so sad. I'm not sure hwat happened after, whether he got a new home, or not.. I know I was heart-broken. I missed him for a long time.

Since we've lost Jacko, I've never really cared much, once they've gone. I liked their company while they were around, but once they were gone, it didn't worry me much. My mum once remined me that we had a dog called "Saint" or something, a white and black dog from what I remember of a photograph.. it died from mouth cancer, I think. My parents were upset, they had the dog for a long time.

We now have a dog called "Lexie", a little Jack-Russell Terrior. She's annoying, alot of the time.. though I enjoy her company. We've had her for ages. She's a nice little dog.

I'm sorry about your dog, Trigun11. Hope you can cope.

Yeah.. I've lost one of my cats before. He was 14 years old. One morning my sister was in the basement exercising and she heard some weird noises. So she looked in one of the rooms down there and Billy, my cat, was rolling around trying to breath. He had a tumor and by the time we took him to the vet to check it out, it was too late... so we new he would die after a couple of weeks or month. So he died from the tumor crushing and sufficating him. I miss him... we kept his colar and him fav toy.

[color=indigo]I had a cat that died years ago. Benny. We had to put him down because he had liver problems. I just remember coming into our cottage and my mom was crying. I asked why and they told me and my brother that they had to put Benny down. It was really sad...especially when we had to do it on our holidays.[/color]

*whimper* Yes It's fine keeping items like that to remind you of them. I myself have lost my best and closest friend. Her name was candy and she was a golden retriever. She died in July with three tumors filled with cancer. -_- I miss her so badly and would do anything to feel her lively body (or cold nose) on my body again. I miss her so much. As for me I keep her fur I cut off of her when I had to take out her fur knots.