Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1]That, is right! Other commercial advertisement may sell you this for $99.99, or even so much as $149.99. Though, I am here to offer it to you (yes, YOU!) for only $2,540.53!!! Call now and get a bucket of cheese absolutely free[color=#c0c0c0](except for a small service charge of $50.00)[/color]!! Call this "toll free" number today! Sorry, no COD's.


Well, enough of that. Being that I was the last one to post in my previous topic, which is obviously pretty much dead I just created another.

At long last I finally got the drawing colored in and such. It turned out pretty well, I think. Umm... yeah. That is all I really have to say.

For those that did not see it before it was colored you can see it here:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=469196[/url]


The file size is pretty big, 220KB or something of the like. So be patient. ^_^[/size]
Posted
That's very interesting. The colouring is amazing. The clour fits every person right. I have never seen I drawing from you Piro, this is very nice. Great job, two thumbs up!
Posted
[size=1]Haha, that looks great. I love it. You did that whole blocky style very well, and...yeah. It's just cool, heh.

*quietly saves*[/size]
Posted
[size=1]I've seen very little of your artwork in the past, Piro, but everything you post I end up liking in some way. This creation of yours is really blatantly inspired by Jhonen Vasquez, but that's okay because I LOVE Invader Zim. The coloring is dead on, and I'm really impressed that you did all of this by yourself. Great job.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[size=1] Well....I guess the Jhonen-style in Piro's picture is evident because it's an actual picture on the back of a "SQUEE!" book. :P

The coloring is great, and I think you did a good job with the cell-shading. ...and I [i]still[/i] think that the lice monster and Satan turned out amazingly well. Erm...I didn't notice Tickle-me-Helmo in the other picture you posted...but I do now. Yeah...he was pretty disturbing. I have puppet-phobia or something.

Hm...nice robot man in the background as well. I don't remember what it was called, only that it had something to do with Jhonen himself and Happy Noodle Boy.[/size]
Posted
Um well you seem disturbed. It's good and kinda funny in that Invader Zim scary,freakish, preturbed humor kinda way.Coloring's great really good. And I'm going to have nightmares about the creepy teddy bear close to the middle. *hides in corner*
Guest yalborap
Posted
Wuss. Nice, invader zim feeling, though. If I might make a reccomendation, make the robot in the back, in the audience's right, a little thicker and stronger.
Posted
*stares and blinks in awe* Copied? Really? [i]Daaaaaang.[/i] Regardless, I am way too freaking jealous of your ability to capture the cell shaded look. *drools*

I am strangely captivated by the creepy awesomeness of it all. I...*more gush gush* Dang. Dang dang dang. Frekking [i]awesome[/i] job. *scaredy-loves the lack of eyeballs on some of the characters*
Posted
[color=indigo]*does Bill the Cat impression* hoop, he, ha, blah! *jaw and lower body falls to the ground, complete with o_O look*

Heh, my favorite is the one with the big...tusks? Looks like he's rolling his eyes and wonder why the heck he's there, lol. And like everyone else, the coloring amazes me.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko[/i]
[B][color=indigo]Heh, my favorite is the one with the big...tusks? Looks like he's rolling his eyes and wonder why the heck he's there, lol. And like everyone else, the coloring amazes me.[/color][/B][/QUOTE][size=1]Heh, that guy is a vampire. :p Ever since I drew him I always thought he looks like something that would be in The Simpsons. o_O

I wish I knew what this... "cell shading" is that Ginny speaks of, lol.

I would hope it is colored well. It took me a long time... o_O


Thanks for the comments thus far, everyone.[/size]
Posted
[size=1] ::frowns:: If you've seen anime, you've seen cell-shading. It's when an artists does not blend the colors as they get darker or lighter, but instead making one part darker in a 'blocky' sort of thing and not blending. It's kind of hard to explain...[/size]
Posted
Cells are like blood cells.

It's cel shading. Honestly, all you have to do is look at any cartoon. That's what it is. It gets the name because of the resemblence to animation cels used in cartoons.
Posted
Sheesh, accidentally leave an extra "l" in and you never hear the end of it. :p

Cel shading is what everyone else said, though. And yes, the coloring is simply excellent. For an example of what is [i]not[/i] cel shaded in your image, look at the shadows of the floor. Blurred. Not sharp at all.

As for me, cel shading and I do not get along. I get this inate urge to just blur the edges, because my attempts always look far too blocky. Heh.

Again, that image rocketh. I'm keeping that one.
Posted
Oooooo very nice coloring job.
If theres something i cant, its coloring. Either coloring with the pc or with the hand, its both something i never was good at.
Very good job but one thing: Never ever draw me again while wearing my bunny suit >.> *secretely hands you a cookie* You'll get more of that if you promise never to do it again -__-
Posted
[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Sheesh, accidentally leave an extra "l" in and you never hear the end of it. :p

Cel shading is what everyone else said, though. And yes, the coloring is simply excellent. For an example of what is [i]not[/i] cel shaded in your image, look at the shadows of the floor. Blurred. Not sharp at all.

As for me, cel shading and I do not get along. I get this inate urge to just blur the edges, because my attempts always look far too blocky. Heh.

Again, that image rocketh. I'm keeping that one. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I really thought you spelled it cell-shading [i]with[/i] the extra 'l'. My bad. But I have to say to Piromunkie: the floor's blurry colors and the cel [ha, no extra 'l']-shading seem like a strange contrast. :P Still a very nice picture, though.[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...