OtakuBoards

Do you believe in ghosts?

Fyxe

I want to know if any of you believe in ghosts and if you do, have you had any encounters? I kinda believe in 'em, but yet again I don't. I've had an encounter once before. Once when I was sleeping on the couch in my living room, I woke up a little before 4:00 a.m. for some reason. But right when the clock hit 4:00 I heard something... or someone go through the hallway in front of me an up the stairs, it sounded like boots and it went kind of slow. I could see that hallway and stairs from where I was and I didn't see anything and it was light enough for me to see a person do that... but no one was there. It was sorta freaky.
So what do you think??

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]Well I do. I have had an encounter at my friends house all the time. The wierd thing is that it always appears at around 1 or 2 in the morning. It's a floating head. Its really wierd. Both me and my friend have seen it.[/color][/size][/i]

I believe in ghosts. and I'm friends with one. you may or may not belive me but my house is haunted by one and it's a nice ghost it helps me out with doors and turns on and off my computer when I want it to. I made friends with it in my dreams. I'm not making
this up. Since then I''ve had a helper in my house and my parents dont know about it ^_^

Edit 1: Oh and I forgot to mention that my ghost's name is George. I feel though he may be a relitive of mine. also I believe my cousin who died when I was 8 became my guardian angel. sorry if that was off topic.

Guest pantalaimon
I believe in ghosts in my primary school there was the ghosts of the nuns and children that used to live there it was a convent and a boarding school at one time.

The lights up in the old dorms used to flash red and when I stayed there late I saw a white figure down a corridor muttering to itself thats why i believe in ghosts. FINALLY A POST FROM PANTALAIMON THATS LONG AND WELL WORDED LOL.

I have 2 ghost friends... they help me sometimes to, their names are Peter and Tina. Tina is always opening doors, for some odd reason. They sometimes help me, but not really.I was watching this one thing on ghosts on time and it was saying stuff 'bout evil ghosts and I think one of my ghosts turned off the T.V. lol. People think I'm a nutcase for believing in them.

[size=1][font=arial]I don't believe that the spirits of dead people remain among us any more than I believe that the tooth fairy left coins under my pillow when I was a child.

Santa Claus, though... Santa's a different story. ^_~[/font][/size]

Guest Amarant
I went to the same primary school as patalimon. And he's telling the truth. I once saw a spirit there to it was in the shape of a nun. I was freaked out of my mind. Also i once saw a horse and carrige with an old man on outside my house. he carried a old musket, i could all most see through him, it was like something out of a ghost story. :worried: :worried:

[COLOR=blue]I believe in ghost. In my old house, the bottom floor and the basement were haunted. TYhe bottom floor contained the living room, kitchen, a storage room, and the entrences to the backyard and basement. You could never be downstairs alone. If you sit down there for five minutes, something inside of you will make you run upstairs for some unexplainable reason. The same thing went for the basement. The backyard was okay, but when I would let my dog in, she would act strange and bark then run upstairs.

I found her behavior strange because she was a big dog and she ran like a little kitten, like the rest of us. Anyway no one would really go into the kitchen unless everyone was downstairs so we usually ate take out.

The funny thing was the upstairs of the house was cool, unless you were alone. I was so happy, when we moved away.[/COLOR]

[color=navy] [i] Hmm..weird subject. I guess I don't really believe they exist. Sure, they have the EVP and picture as 'proof', but it can be tampered with, and science has yet to prove the existance.
I myself have never had an 'encounter', as so many people claim to. Before I get posts back about "Well, i've seen something I know it." kind of thing, i'm not saying people don't [b]see[/b] annomilies, i'm just saying that it probably isn't a ghost, but some little known natural phenomenon. Many people jump into thoughts of paranormal activity too fast and don't think of any other reasonable possibilities.[/color][/i]

mi friend and i totalli bleive in ghosts. we've tried to do anything that involves a ghost. were trying to get mi mom to find a way to let us go to her work at night. mi mom works in a cemetary.

but on a diffrent note, the high school im going to go to used to be a women's prison. the janitor says that there are a lot of ghosts there. it even has a moat like sewer around the whole thing. i gess this means even more that high school is like prison.

i've never actualli seen or felt, or heard a ghost in real life, well, except for somethin weird that happened when me and mi friend did a ouji(did i spell that right?) board at mi house one night...but thats nothing...

I once took a picture of my friend in my living room... and when it turned out there where these really weird orbs around her.... Once I saw something on a show that said those orbs were ghosts or something. :P I dunno.

[color=teal][size=1]I expressed my views before on this subject.

I've seen ghosts and I believe very much in them. That and unknown forces. "Mystical Forces" per say. I have many ghost stories though. If anybody wants to hear them you can PM me. Otherwise I've had some very weird encounters with strange supernatural forces. [/color][/size]

Yeah, I believe in them to a certain extent. Once they start taking over humans and controlling them, then no.

I've had a few experiences... actaully, only two. One was really serious, of an image of my great grandfather walking down the hallway in our old house, he had been dead since after World War II. The other experience, not much, a flying pig gives you the idea of what it's like.

I admit their possibilty. I don't think people are nutcases for believeing in them. They probably exist, at least in people's minds. I am not being sarcastic, just hard to express my thoughts. I think there [i]may[/i] be ghosts, as I have had deja vu several times, and those kind of thigns are similar, on the other hand, it could be hallucination, I don't know and neither does anyone else, definitely at least.

I'm no fool, Crazy Ace! I belive in ghosts and I have at least one in my house. Have ever encountered a demon? Half of the demon population is ghosts. and, not only can ghosts see us when we're not looking(and even when we are) they can move things, and in some subtle ways, communicate with us. They can also posess human bodies from time to time. if they want to. Wouldn't it be creepy to think that anyone around you could be a demon? Or they could be posessed by a ghost? Freaky... 0_0

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Conna_da_fox [/i]
[B]Once I saw something on a show that said those orbs were ghosts or something. :P I dunno. [/B][/QUOTE]

Spheres are usually the easiest form that free-floating can take. Like water in outserspace or something like that. I also remember seeing a show like that.

When I stayed in this really funky old house once me and a bunch of friends got the bright idea to try and channel a ghost into one of our bodies. The place was obviously haunted.
We turned the lights down low and began concentraiting. I got very cold and began feeling rather faint. Then someone left and startled me out of it.
After they left I tried again. I got very cold again and it felt like I fell over. I opened my eyes to have two people staring at me a little shocked.
Apparently while I had my eyes closed, I had opened them and said "Eight." They also said that my eyes had changed to an off-blue. My eyes are hazel.
I don't remember it, and that is what scares me. I don't remember saying it, nor do I know what it means.
I was so cold that night...

I think they're real.

[color=navy][i] [quote]Okies, this is already a thread. Don't really know if it's locked of not, don't really care if it is of not. But, people, it's been here before I remember posting on it. =P[/quote]

Even if it was before, why does it matter? This one is here now. The one you're talking about is probably very, very old and forgotten.
Anyhow, about ghosts, maybe i'll expand on the ending comment of my last post, which was:
[quote]Many people jump into thoughts of paranormal activity too fast and don't think of any other reasonable possibilities.[/quote]
It's too true.. It kind of annoys me.
"Oh look! A ball of light appeared in my picture! It must be a ghost!" Alot of people go on and on about things they catch on film. Well, film is very easily manipulated. A stray beam of light in a room, a speck of dust on the lense..anything like that can create the illusion of a ball of light. But we don't think of that, do we?
Not everyone is like this, not at all. But many believers in ghosts almost always jump to irrational conclusions before taking into consideration many of the other factors. For instance, a good friend of mine belives strongly in ghosts. He tells me that he feels cold of of a sudden sometimes in his room, and blames it on a ghosts presence. For whatever reason, he doesn't even take into consideration that *gasp*, maybe the temperature naturaly dropped in his house. It's very annoying.
~Matto[/color][/i]