OtakuBoards

Which restores energy more water or fruit

Meteora

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]As the title says which restores your energy more? I honestly dont know right now. I have been eating and drinking both, and I have been on top of everything. So which is more effective do you think?[/color][/size][/i]

[size=1]I don't see how water could give you energy, seeing as it's just...water. It's important, but it's not going to give you a caffeine boost. /

Fruit has sugars in it, obviously. That would be my take on the subject.[/size]

It depends on what you mean. For something that will give you a quick burst of energy for a short amount of time i would have to say fruits. Like Sara said...fruits have sugar in it and its a reliable source for a burst of energy. On the other hand, water provides more energy throught the day. When we do something physically or just being out in the sun we lose energy in the form of sweat. Since 65% of our body is made up of water, we need to balance that out throught the day. So just by saying that, water is a better provider of energy. Technically we are supposed to drink around a gallon and a half of water a day, but usually most people dont drink the average amount of water any. I sure know that i dont but at least i try. So in short drink water, its a better provider of energy in the long run.

Water hydrates you which basically keeps you from cramping and it takes effect with minutes whereas fruits have sugars which give you energy but that takes almost an hour or more to digest, so water is the best for cardio vascular and fruit is best for lengthy work, but both work best together. Can't forget your carbs!

Guest Crimson Spider
Water doesn't really restore energy. It more or less makes the energy you have last longer.

Fruits are more energy-giving. But there is nothing wrong with water.

Yes, water is very important, it may give the impression that energy is restored, but thats the result of water improving your bodily functions and help everything run at optimum. Your body just feels refreshed, and rejuvinated, but It can't run off water. I guess it's like motor oil for your body!

Anyway, all energy is from ATP. This is covered in basic bio classes in highschool. ATP is trapped in the covalent bonds of carbohydrates, or in lesser quantities, within the glycogen of a fatty acid.

So I would reccomend fruit and water. But burn the energy fairly quickly, as fruit is usualy comprised of simple carbohydrates, glucose (aka dextrose) and fructose. These are the first to burn, but if you do not burn , the fastest to become fat.

This question is actually fairly irrelevant, just use both.

Fruit doesn't do much for me. Eating an apple tends to dry me out, more than restore any energy.

Water, refreshes me. If I'm tired, it won't do anything. If I'm hot, thristy, sore, it'll fix that up right away. Fruit won't.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Emme888 [/i]
[B]I say fruit....like watermelon...yum!

It has water in it, and It has vitamin c, or some sort of nutrition in it.....

Yum fruit.....I like strawberries cut up with a lil sugar on them...yummmmmy.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Delicious...

[color=red][size=1]Please refrain from posting oner-word responses. Do not make me say this more than once.[/size][/color]

-Justin

This is what happens when kids don't grow up with GIJOE and get the "Knowing is half the battle" segments after their cartoons. As a bit of extra knowledge, candy will give you a short burst of energy, while an apple will be a longer lasting and healthier source. And Please!!!, never spray-paint your bike in a closed garage with no open windows!!!!!

[color=royalblue]I'm here in the UK, operating on 12 hours of sleep for the past...oh...5 nights. And amazingly enough I'm past the point of knowing really. I can tell you that the Orange Juice, and the Squash is really doing the trick for me. But in all actuality, you just need to drink more water. It will eventually cleanse your system, give you the strength you've been needing [in theory], and so on and so forth. But if you want something for a swift pick-me-up, I reccomend either OJ or ....hmmm.... something that's all juice and not just concentrated.

Sad really, over here I've seen nothing that says 100% juice, only the super-sugar-concentrated stuff. Sucks really, I was hoping to get my energy from real fruit. But when you're singing and dancing, you don't have time to choke down solid fruit.[/color]

Guest King_Cloud690
Well I would say fruit because it has liquids in it also! Plus fruit has sugars which will give ya more of a boost than just plain old water! So I would say fruit! Plus I also think tha fruit tastes MUCH better!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know but I found you should sell candy to opposing teams before a game...*evil laugh* Not that I've done that recently... Anyways, my teams usually eat some fruit or pop tarts before a game. I don't if the pop tarts help or are particularly healthy, but that's what they do.