OtakuBoards

If you could erase one human emotion..what would it be and why?

Bishie

If I could erase any emotion that humans have, it would be loneliness. No one should have to feel alone in this world. But emotions are what make up people. Emotions are what keep people going, so I don't think it would be really necessary to get rid of any emotion ^^

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would erase pried. It is my greatest liabilty and my worst asset liabilty. Though being proud of yourself is good in small doses; I've taken it to another level of thinking I'm better than people who are less fortunate. My family has a great position in the US my uncles a Congressman, my cousin is a Senator, my grandfather the governer, and my father is a council member and will run for major next year ,a friend of the family is runnig for Governer of California. This doesn't make me more important than anyone else(though I may think it does).

the emotion that i would erase would be emptyness.
explanation: simply because emptyness is that you are missing a verry important thing in your life.
eventually it leads to an uncontrolable greed, and hunger.
you wan`t something that badly but you can`t reach it.
it`s verry frustrating, i know.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark king [/i]
[B]the emotion that i would erase would be emptyness.
explanation: simply because emptyness is that you are missing a verry important thing in your life.
eventually it leads to an uncontrolable greed, and hunger.
you wan`t something that badly but you can`t reach it.
it`s verry frustrating, i know. [/B][/QUOTE]

I belive that emptiness in some situations is good, its a peace from all the busy of the world, whether good or bad.

Oaky, here it goes for those who would erase love.

Love's opposite is Hate
Hates lesser is anger
Anger's opposite is happiness
Why do you like love and hapiness?
Pleasure.
Without Pleasure there is no pain.
Without Pain there is no pleasure or hapiness.
Without the above there is nothing left but an empty, emotionless, meat shell.

If you subtract any of the above emotions, there wouldn't be any in the first place. So there are a main 6

Happiness = Anger/Sadness
Pleasure= Pain
Love= Hate/Alone/Sadness

everything has an opposite. And under the emotions i have listed there are no other emotions left.

I would erase a whole lot more then just a single emotion if it was up to me, but to tell the truth, I would want to erase love. It's stupid and confusing, and today's standards of "love" are more closely related to "lust". As far as I care, all emotions should go.

~Plo

Depression. Loneliness. Sadness. All of these emotions have the same curve, and they all cause alot of emotional pain. For me, they're all boiled into one. One emotion. I feel it everyday. The last four years of my life, there hasn't been a day about without it. Though it's what makes my life what it is today, and I can live with it.

Erasing it would alter my life, and that's not what I want to do. I hate suffering the down times I get, absolutely hate them. But without it, my life would be too good. I'd erase it completely, if it didn't run such a large track in my life. But it does, I can live with that, I'd rather live with this emotion consisting of three, and all the others, than live a life missing the most important emotions to me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Oaky, here it goes for those who would erase love.

Love's opposite is Hate
Hates lesser is anger
Anger's opposite is happiness
Why do you like love and hapiness?
Pleasure.
Without Pleasure there is no pain.
Without Pain there is no pleasure or hapiness.
Without the above there is nothing left but an empty, emotionless, meat shell.

If you subtract any of the above emotions, there wouldn't be any in the first place. So there are a main 6

Happiness = Anger/Sadness
Pleasure= Pain
Love= Hate/Alone/Sadness

everything has an opposite. And under the emotions i have listed there are no other emotions left. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nice equation and it's all true. So to put it basicely when you erase on emotion then you erase a bunch of others with it, right? If that's the case then I guess none of the emotions should be erased since it would cause some what of a chain reaction.

Yes. Because all emoitons are neccesary for the human heart and mind. If not there wouldn't be any. But i don't know what to say about lesser emotions like Pride or greed. It would also probably change alot of other emotions, so i wold keep all of my emotions.

Hmm, it seems nobody has mentioned regret. Everyone knows regret, and all it does is eat at one's soul. People usually regret mistakes, and you can learn from mistakes, but that does not make regret a good thing. Let's say you dump your girlfriend for the wrong reasons. When you find out about it, you regret it, and you feel an emptiness because it has happened, and you don't like the results. AFTER the regret has passed, specifically after, you can think about what you have done and you can rectify it. Focusing on the regret will cause you nothing but emotional pain, causing a chain reaction of undesirable emotions such as loss, sadness, and powerlessness. The opposite of regret is contentment, and you surely can have contentment without regret. I can see how people would argue against me, so I'll just refute them now :) .

If someone does something atrocious, such as murdering someone, and they have enough humanity in them to regret it, the regret may cause such levels of depression that suicide is the only way to escape its torments (which is what I believe is the case with most murders that are followed by suicides). However, if one skips the regret phase, one can recover mentally and their conscience will overwhelm them with a need to redeem oneself. Without regret clouding one's mind, one can make amends, or plan to make amends, instantly.

The main thing about regret is that it always pertains to the past, however recent. One can learn from a mistake without regret, and one can make up for a mistake without regret. Remember, acknowledging a mistake is not the same as regretting it, because nothing good can come from regret.

Just because you cry doesn't mean you're weak. It just means that you have a sensetive side, but when you are sad it sometimes hurts you and so it makes sence that you want to get rid of the emotion sad. Of coarse any one who becomes sad about something then deals with it in time (I think) becomes stronger.So maybe it's not such a good idea to get rid of sad.

Guest Skyechild91
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]yeah, crying jsut means you have a good heart. It doesn't mean your weak, it jsut means your a caring person. [/B][/QUOTE]
Exactly. I cry when some one gets hurt, or when i hurt some one, becuase i care about them and hate that i hurt them.

Did any one see that word? He said [u]feel weak[/u]. Not that it makes him weak. Although from what people have been saying I'm not good at heart. Since I haven't cried for over 3 years. Although since you have been proven the chain reaction if love was gone. And has been stated all that'd one be lost if all humans lost the emotion of love. It just makes me want to erase the human emotion love even more.

you need hate in order to know how to love,
you need jealousy to learn how to trust,
you need fustration to fully acknowledge peace
you need emptiness to be able to understand what it is to be full
you need boredom to make the fun time funner.

well that only sums up a few... but i think no emption should be erased from human exsistence... its not right i couldn't really pick an emotion and go with it so i basically can't answer the inital question.
Stitch

For all of you saying "Without love, there would be no hate.", stop lying.

I just met someone today that I instantly hated. I never knew the person before, but I hate them now. So there's no love there. And yet there is hate.

You all just got played. :P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]And for those who would want to human brain incapable of feeling love, I don't think it's a bad idea, but I certainly don't agree. I cry for the loss of my brother because he taught me countless lessons in life, and in turn made me much more whole. Is it love alone that creates my sadness?
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Without love, others' deaths would not make you weep.

And think about it. What else makes you sad? Aside from hormonal imbalences, not much else.

And I too dispise crying. I haven't in over six years, and I can't stand to see people crying. I just want to slap the utter piss out of them for it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chaos [/i]
[B]For all of you saying "Without love, there would be no hate.", stop lying.

I just met someone today that I instantly hated. I never knew the person before, but I hate them now. So there's no love there. And yet there is hate.

You all just got played. :P

[/B][/QUOTE]

You totally missed the point Chaos. WHat i was gettign at was that if you got rid of hate, there would be no love becasue you wouldn't know the difference between hating and loving something. Think of it this way. So without love, there wouldn't be hate and without hate, there wouldn't be love. I'm not saying you love a person if you hate them. I was saying that you couldn't hate a person if you didn't know what it felt like not to hate a person.