OtakuBoards

If you could erase one human emotion..what would it be and why?

Bishie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever wonder if we're missing some emotions. I'll admit, we know what we know well, but what if there's something beyond the scope of our current human perception? What if an emotion, or more than one, has already been erased? There are some feelings that people simply cannot describe. What if these are resurfaced emotions we once knew in the past? I think the United States has lost its heart as a complete nation. We are standing divided on every issue. Perhaps our progression in efficiency is keeping us from reaching our true potential emotionally.

I'd remove the emotion of envy. Its an emotion most try to hide or remove all through their lives, especially from themselves.

If so many try to hide/remove it by will, meh if I could remove it with the snap of my fingers it would solve all that mental anguish I may have to suffer one day in the name of envy :)

MS, without love, you couldn't hate love. If you didn't have love, you wouldn't know what it meant not hate something. You wouldn't know you disliked something if you didn't know what you liked in the first place. This is the last time i'm gonna post that. Oh, and you will find love. Everyone has a person that loves them back, just search hard for it, bud.

Guest Filleyice
My first thought was the same as Double_B_Daigo, frustration. But then i started thinking, ya know, i can deal with frustration. What i could live without is self doubt. Sure the other flusters me like all get out, and ive done some stupid stuff, but self doubt has caused me to do, or not do, alot of things that i regret and probably always will. So if i could erase one emotion it would be self doubt.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I agree with the one that said that, "Without love, there's no hate." There's a balance to everything, and if there are two extremes to the feelings ruler, they're love and hate.

Either way, I'd erase fear, but not just any fear. If we were to erase all fear, we would all die from jumping off cliffs without our needed sense of danger. I'm talking about irrational fears. The fear kids have when all the lights are turned off; the fear of claustrophobics, etc. This type of fear is completely useless, as its name suggests, irrational. The fear doesn't prevent you from being in a dangerous situation, but may rather incite you to do more harmful things to yourself in order to avoid the harmless subject of your terror.[/color][/font]

Yes, it would be nice to get rid of situational emotions, but that's rather impossible to do on a global scale. However, one can condition oneself against such situational emotions. One's mind is under one's complete control, it is only the barriers one sets up oneself that prevent such paradigm shifts. If one really doesn't want to love anymore, it will be hard, but anything one desires to change will change if all one's will is exerted in the direction of the change.

WEll, fear is necessary and its not. You can be scared that your family will die, or something bad will happen to your loved ones. But its fear isn't neccesary if your scared of harm coming to you. I fore one, am terrorfied of roler coasters and hights, but i wish i wasn't scared of it. So, its a pro/con sort of emotion.

well if i had one humen emotion to take away i guess it would be ...Love! well i hate that fact when someone likes you or want to be with me i tend to break their hearts but eh, it is just me !

But eh, this is just me! and i think i am the only one in this world that feels this way. i guess i am too into looks opr something ? but if i have gotten rid of love my life would be so much easier.

And no i am the guy that stays with the girl( sad to say). i wish i wasn't so-ho-o Dandy!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kanojo [/i]
[B]Love is not emotion
Love is true
Love is eternal life
All emotion causes death
All emotions are liars
Kanojo throws all emotion away
No man can drink from that cup and live
Only one drank of that cup and lived again
The cup of emotion has been removed
Emotion is not who we are
It is who we are not
Kanojo drinks from a cup of truth
Kanojo is free from death
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Emotion comes from judgment
Man was not created to be a judge
That is why he had to die [/B][/QUOTE]

you know, you make a good case, kanojo...
i agree with you totally:)

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]If i had to or could erase one emotion. It would be Jealousy and Worryness. Why you might ask well Jealousy because Im always getting jealous. When my friend Anna even talks to a guy I get jealous. I have no clue why I just do.

Worryness because yet again Anna has something to do with it. Its because im always wanting to know how she is. I am always wanting to make sure she is safe. Its wierd. But those are the two I would get rid of. Unless of course I get rewarded forit or something.[/color][/size][/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]MS, without love, you couldn't hate love. If you didn't have love, you wouldn't know what it meant not hate something. You wouldn't know you disliked something if you didn't know what you liked in the first place. This is the last time i'm gonna post that. Oh, and you will find love. Everyone has a person that loves them back, just search hard for it, bud. [/B][/QUOTE]

Again, I refer to my second comment, about hating that person instantly. If I didn't know the person lovingly, but still hated them, that means that I am right once more. :)

But if you still won't admit your incorrect rantings, look at it this way; Love is only a stronger version of liking. I said I'd remove love, not all forms of affection. So, if I don't 'like' someone, and there is no love, then what? I'm either apathetic or I hate them. Simple.

Don't try to play me off by saying I didn't get the point. I got the ******* point. I'm not some halfwit what can't spell the word "and".

And is it me or do Kanojo's post sound and look really newbish? Referring to yourself in the fourth person, Kanojo, is a stupid thing to do. You yourself said you choose to ignore your emotions. Apathy, my clueless friend, is an emotion, too. No one can EVER be completely emotionless.

• 3 weeks later...
I would say... none. We are given emotions for a reason, even if it's not a good emotion. I know at least one person here has posted on my "What would you do if life had an "undo" button?" thread, and almost everyone that posted said that everything happened for a reason, even if it was bad. Well, why did those bad things happen? Probably 75-90% of them were caused by human emotion. So, if we take an emotion away, then what? Sure, we don't have to take the bad ones away, but if we take away the good, then we'll be more focused on the bad and our world would be worse than it is today. Human emotion was meant to be there to give us a soul. If we took away a human emotion, we wouldn't be as fun. If you think about it, all the arguments you've been in were fun in their own sense. It's fun to make up combacks or tell off another person, especially when you're the one that's right. If we take an emotion away, say... a bad one for instance, we will take the fun out of life. Human emotions are unpredictable, and that's why they're there, to make each person unique. I wouldn't take that away for the world.

[color=deeppink][font=arial]
I know this has been said mutiple times already...but I have to say it too. No emotion should be taken away. Emotions let us know who we are, and they put into perspective the world around us. If you took just one away, then every single other emotion would be altered forever. So you can't just take one away, although I don't understand why anyone would want to.

For example, a lot of people have said that they would like to take away love. Without love, everything would just be indifference, like, dislike, or hatred. Therefore, we wouldn't do things 'for love' anymore. So our perspective on why we do things, determination, passion, and why we even bother living changes compleletly. No one lives for love anymore, they live for something else. And if you take away love, you take away sick love as well, such as obsession. So no one is greedy or obsessed anymore. Is that a good thing? Some have said yes. But if no one's greedy, at least to some extent, there's no real passion, want, or desire to attain something or to get something done. People just sit, living lives either in indifference or hatred. I would never want to live like that, not caring. Some people would, but I wouldn't.

Every emotion teaches us something. It lets us look a little deeper at who we really are. When we feel hate, you step back and look at the person you're hating. What do you hate about them? What qualities do they have that you despise, or wish you had? Do you see those qualities you despise in yourself? Is that why you despise them, because you in see in them what you hate about yourself? Embarassment tells us when we've just made a fool of ourselves. Take that away, and we'd all be running around naked and foolish, like animals. Take away greed, and no one feels desire to achieve anymore. And no one knows what the effects of too much greed are.

I agree that our emotions lend us to a great imperfection. But in our imperfection lies our perfection. Our ability to change, to learn from our emotions, that makes us perfect. Take away emotions, you take away the ability to change. You become imperfect, incomplete.

I hope that made just a little sense. And to those of you who just want to take away emotion completely, I'm sorry for whatever pain you've been caused, to hate feeling so much; but I hope you can see that feeling is really much better than making yourself numb. Numbness only makes the pain more unbearable once the anstesia's worn off.

[i]-Karma[/i]

PS: Depression is not an emotion. It is a mental disorder, caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Anyone suffering from depression should seek out a doctor and ask them if they need medication. Trust me, it helps. =)
[/font][/color]

I'd take away jealously. I used to think myself above hating another for something they had that I didn't, or something I felt was not meant to be shared. I despised people who were jealous, assuming I was superior to them. Because I was able to forgive those who had something I wanted, I found them unworthy of being around me. Now if that wasn't downright arrogance, then I don't know what is. Then I became infatuated with someone and hated all those around us because I felt they were taking the time I felt I deserved away from me. I had my brother lock me in a room for hours so I could figure out what my problem was. I was unwilling to admit to jealously and it took me a long time to realize my problems. But I still threaten myself if I feel the twinges of becoming jealous again. *shakes head* I hate it with a passion.