OtakuBoards

Afi

Yami Asura

It's actually their sixth real album, not their fourth.

I'm not a big fan of Sing the Sorrow. It always seems like its on the fringe of breaking into something great, and never really does (with a few exceptions).

Personally, I much prefer Art of Drowning and Very Proud of Ya, followed by Black Sails.

I love The Leaving Song part II... I'm addicted to it.
I've never been a huge AFI fan, just a fan. My friend is all the fan network they'll ever need, she's so obsessed she barely knows any other bands but them. Either way, I'm seeing them live in October, they never showed up at The Warped Tour, which was pretty much the only reason to go. 90% of the bands that play there are... erm... Bad.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Evil Pancakes[/i]
[B]Either way, I'm seeing them live in October, they never showed up at The Warped Tour...[/B][/QUOTE][size=1]If you are talking about this years Warped Tour, then yes they [i]did[/i]go along with it for a while. They were not there for the whole tour, but they were ther. I saw them in Wichita and Kansas City, and I would have in Saint Louis but a thunder storm started just as they were about to go on stage and it was looking pretty bad. I was so upset... I was so thrashed from the previous two days that I had waited all day just sitting around with my friends waiting for AFI (they were the last to perform that day), and one of my friends signed a release form out of the ER because she was have some [i]serious[/i] pains and such just to see them. It would have been so cool to see them play in the rain, though. Stupid thunder and lightning...

But yes, [i]Sing the Sorrow[/i] was an okay album. I was not too thoroughly impressed by it, but I am not going into the reasoning because I have done it a couple times before. Upon listening to it through the first time, the first track to directly catch my attention was [i]Dancing Through Sunday[/i]. I think that is my favorite track off of that album.

I think my overall favorite album is [i]Black Sails in the Sunset[/i]. Then, like Picklebucket said, [i]The Art of Drowning[/i] and [i]Very Proud of Ya[/i].

I hate how so many trendy people are getting into them with the release of [i]Sing the Sorrow[/i], it makes me sick. Though I cannot help but laugh when they are performing a song that is not on that album. While the people who have actually known them for a while are singing along everyone else just kind of stands there confused, lol.

I am hoping to see them at the beginning of October, but I still have to get some details from my friend before I can even ask about it. It would help is she was not impossible to get ahold of. *sigh*

But yes, AFI rocks, and... umm... I own you all.[/size]

[size=1][color=CC0000]Eeek! AFI are so cool! (many thanks to Piro to introducing me into them *bows a lot*)

I recently, last week, bought Black Sails In The Sunset. I was also going to buy the All Hallows EP, which was cheaper, but if I did that I wouldn't have been able to get home, so maybe another day. u_u;

But, before I'd done that, I had loaads of AFI songs downloaded, from every album, I couldn't find any on Kazaa from the two EPs.. bleh. But yeah, I first heard Girl's Not Grey, then Piro told me more and I downloaded all of those songs. I was surprised that there was such a difference (like.. major) between the first and last album, and of course the phases between them.

I like them.. because.. because they're really cool. :P Nah, I love Davey's singing, I love the sound of.. just everything really. AFI's like... the Offspring times a million, that's how much I like them (and I like the Offspring quite a lot). I can play a few songs on my bass, well.. the only song I can play all the way through is Your Name Here. But I can play the intro to Death of Seasons. On guitar I can play God Called In Sick Today, Morningstar, and the funky pre-chorus riffs in The Leaving Song Part II.

Anywho.. yeah. AFI rock! ^^;[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]A few months back, my friend Emily who had gotten me into Finch said,"Download some AFI stuff". I did and now I'm hooked! I first heard Girls Not Grey and was in love and I wouldn't have heard of them if it wasn't for a certain radio station and a good friend, Emily. So thanks Em!

-Kitten

*listens to AFI* ^^;;[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

I have never been too fond of AFI. I investigated them a bit a while ago when they were considered "punk", if you will( I use that term very loosely when refering to them so don't get mad at me). And quite frankly, their recent rise in popularity doesn't spark my interest that much. It's not that I hate them because they are popular(I think they were pretty popular before "Sing the Sorrow" as well), but from what I heard a few years back, and what's being played on the radio now, it's none too appealing.

[size=1] I seriously think there is a thread about this band every other month lol.

All I have heard of them so far is [i]Sing the Sorrow[/i] and [i]The Art of Drowning[/i]. I'd have to say, after finally giving [i]The Art of Drowning[/i] more of a listen then I had, that it is much better than their newest album.

I especially like "Morningstar," heh, I remember me and Tony talking about that. I really like how that song starts slow and just grows and festers until it explodes.

So yeah. They are a really decent band. I am not sure how much exactly I like them, but I do really like them when I am in a fast-paced mood. Definitely.[/size]

Actually Break kind of introduced me to AFI. I love The Leaving Song Part II, I'd have to say that is my favorite song in about all the songs I have heard. Girls not Grey is good, I just don't like it as much as Leaving Song Part II.

I have not purchased the album yet, but in the near future I plan on doing so.

I don't really know that much about AFI (I just never really cared to listen), so I am not going to BS my way through a post saying how amazing they are. However, I will say that I really enjoyed their video for the "Leaving Song Part 2", because I think that it does a very good job portraying the XstaightedgeX kids. Their X's on each hand, the masks they wear, and how it shows that if you position yourself too close to them at a concert you will get kicked in the face. Why I enjoy watching a bunch of XstaightedgeX kids dance I don't know but I do find it enjoyable.

(Whoohoo, one more post closer to Junior Membership.)

A friend of mine introduced me to AFI and I love him for it!

We went to the warped tour in buffalo but to our dismay AFI wasn't there! Had the shirt on and everything.....damnit.

at least I sported a really nice bruise from the Used Mosh pit, and nearly died from heat exhaustion (all black on a sunny day, my am I a bright one....)

Anyways back to AFI.

I have their sing the sorrow CD and my favorite song was The very last song on the cd, it was like a hidden track. I can't remember the name, but I can definitely sing it for you.

If that helps at all :D.

[color=indigo]Coincidence, I had planned on having to go dig up an old AFI thread, but someone started a new one....

Anyway, I had been listening to [i]Sing the Sorrow[/i] quite a bit lately. At first I wan't overly impressed, because I wasn't sure what to think of the lead singers voice. I kept listening to the CD because I thought the instrumentals were excellent and I guess the vocals just grew on me. Yesterday I bought [i]Art of Drowning[/i] (along with some other stuff) and it is pretty cool, a little faster paced than their latest CD. The art inside the CD is pretty cool as well (actually it is worth the $10 just for the art). I am not sure if I like it better than [i]Sing the Sorrow[/i] yet but it is a pretty cool album...[/color]