OtakuBoards

Which Ober's Changed You?

Zen

Last time this thread was up, I posted a bunch of people. But after much, much consideration, I don't think any of them really "changed" me. I'm still me, nothing new. Maybe Milliefan, but thats just a bit of a change of view towards Christians. After all, this is online friendship... its not as deep as when you actually meet and talk to someone head-on.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrist cutter. That was because of all the funny posts, and for some reason he actually inspired me to learn Japanese.

I can't really think of anybody else that really changed me. Charles changed me, that was because of his great grammer, that's what made me get an A in english.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]WEll, i guess with each likeliness there are those who dislike me. And whats wrong with my crowd, DRix? [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't say anything was "worng" with them. Perhaps because you came to that assumption so quickly, there is. However, if you must ask, you are not yet ready to know. It's quite self-explanitory DBD.

Well, like I said in the same exact thread last time, oh there are a few more to add. I will not really explain why, for the list is long. If you are on the list, you know why. They changed me and made my life great in one little way or another.

WW2
SSJBrolli
Shaun
Syk3
James
Charles
Adam
Battosai
Otakusennen
Kittylynn
Tog
Half_Shaded
Shinmaru
Neoclone-7
Tigergodess
KKC
Kaola Su
Braidless_baka
Chris
Shy
Lan
Shippo
Transtic Nerve
Mysterious Aoshi

[size=1][color="666666"]
Well alot of people has kinda changed me.
[ By the way Japan Mysterious Aoshi is my aim user name ]
Who has changed me:
All the people in my buddy list!
All the mods, because they kinda guide you through all the wrong things your doing on the forums.
And some other peeps
[/size][/color]

Will I never influence anyone? Does anyone acknowledge my existance in this dark lonely corner of the Lounge? OR, should I say, about every thread in this very lounge, I am a nobody. Bleh.

I wanna add Transtic Nerve to my list, because he made me what I am today.

A...

[b][center][color=red]Butabarian[/color]![/center][/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]After much deliberation, I've decided that I hate everyone here equally.

...:D [/B][/QUOTE]

after much deliberation, i decided i like semjaza's charming personality :p

i dont think i have been here long enough to really change anyone yet.....maybe someday.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I can't really say it's any different than what I said a few months ago, SO:

[b]Kenneth, my dear Kenneth,[/b] of course I had to put him first. He's such a fun person and it seems like I haven't talked to him in forever and that really makes me VERY VERY sad! Kenneth, you can't not be around... I don't like that...

[b]PiroHon, my husband,[/b] well obviously, he's my OB husband. He's very fun to talk to and he gave me newfound respect for some types of music I didn't think I was very fond of. *Thumbs up*

[b]Neilness, my Royal Executioner,[/b] whether you believe it or not, I love you to death. Thanks for all the randomness.

[b]The Joshness,[/b] even though I didn't change him, he has changed my outlook on a bit of life dealing with certain issues (I'm sure he doesn't realize this...) And come ON, he works at Disneyland!

[b]Deborahness, also known as Lady M[/b] for those of you who aren't on a first name basis. She's just such a beautiful person and she helped me find a bit of strength inside myself and helped me feel more confident...along with...

[b]Jennaness,[/b] who always told me how beautiful I was, but I never believed her. Now I do. Thank you, Jenna. *Huggles her*

[b]Semjaza Manaza aka the Tonyness,[/b] which is my favorite person to talk to in the wee hours of the morn when no one else is on. He always tells me I'm his hero, so I like that. ^_^;

[b]Jamesstuff,[/b] well he's neat to talk to. He tells me about the plushies, after all.

And then there's the people that I love alot on here:
Juuthena
Deedlit
[b]Anna
Amibaski
Saraness[/b]
Raiha
[b]TRANSTIC![/b]
Harlequin & Raven
and others that I really respect.

Anywho, so yeah. Hope that answers your question. AGAIN.[/color][/size]

[size=1]Here's the short list; it would be take me hours to write up every OB member who has affected me in some way. They haven't completely changed who I am or anything, but their little contributions to my life have made a difference.

[b]Sara[/b] and [b]Semjaza[/b] are the two people I talk to most from OB. The conversations I have with them are really varied, and I find that I can learn a lot from both of them. They influence me in random ways, like Semjaza recommending a band that I end up really liking, or Sara sending me Hallmark cards through the mail. It's all a bunch of little things really, and that's a little more important to me.

[b]James[/b] gave me my first moderating job way back in V4, and back then I really didn't know him very well. Since then we have spoken a little more often, and he has helped me through some prety difficult times. Yay for James.

[b]Syk3[/b] is just a really great person that I have gotten to know through The Otaku and OB. I like having someone around who can relate to my pain as an anime mod / The Otaku staff member, it makes things much more bearable.

[b]Queen Asuka:[/b] She's an incredibly nice person, and everyone loves her to death. I really enjoy our conversations, even though they might be few and far between. She's also given me a lot of helpful advice, and helped me get a new perspective on the Mormon faith. ^_^

[b]E-Dawg:[/b] It seems I only ever talk to him when I'm in a bad mood, and i'm sorry for that. But he's helped me through some difficult times, and like many others, I don't know where I would be today without their friendship.

[b]Charles[/b], [b]Solo[/b], [b]Mitch[/b], [b]Lady M[/b] and [b]Babygirl[/b] are really varied and interesting people that I got to know through the boards, and I find that I'm always learning something from their posts. I haven't gotten to know any of them as much as I'd like, but it's mostly the older (age-wise) members that make this a fun place to visit.

[b]Transtic:[/b] Yeah, we still don't know each other very well, even after all of these years. I really admire his direct attitude towards everything, and chances are it would have taken me even longer to "come out" without him being such a unique presence on the boards.

[b]Ken[/b] inspired me to get my job at Disneyland, so of all OB members he has probably had the most direct influence on my life. Yay for Ken.

[b]OtakuBot:[/b] I love you, man.

Obviously, there are A LOT more OB members who have changed or helped me in some way or another. I'm not dropping any more names than these, so I'm sorry if I left someone out.

-Shy[/size]

everyone you meet changes you life in some way or another, no matter how small. but thats beside the point. here are a list of people that have changed my life in a way i can actually remember. some have changed me a lot more than others, and some in better ways than others, but i will not show which have done which. it's just a simple list.

spx
kenji
leh
dd
tony
james
dayday
japan
jena
kittylyn
justin
ken
wildthang
harry
wristcutter
lady m
lady k
juu
subversive
booboo
syk
shinobi
ginny
ginnylyn
piro
nomad
zeh
kinetix
kola su
taylor hewitt
mystical

if i forgot anyone, i'm sorry. i know there are some i didn't list, and there is a reason i didn't list you. others i probably just forgot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chris [/i]
[B]everyone you meet changes you life in some way or another, no matter how small. but thats beside the point. here are a list of people that have changed my life in a way i can actually remember. some have changed me a lot more than others, and some in better ways than others, but i will not show which have done which. it's just a simple list.

spx
kenji
leh
dd
tony
james
dayday
japan
jena
kittylyn
justin
ken
wildthang
harry
wristcutter
lady m
lady k
juu
subversive
booboo
syk
shinobi
ginny
ginnylyn
piro
nomad
zeh
kinetix
kola su
taylor hewitt
mystical

if i forgot anyone, i'm sorry. i know there are some i didn't list, and there is a reason i didn't list you. others i probably just forgot. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I supposedly joined your "Chris is the hottest guy in the World" Club (I have no knowledge of this...) and I'm not even on your list? Rude...[/color][/size]

heh, i just ask a few people to name some girls and put the names on there. if you want off the list, just ask. but how can you have changed my life if i've never even talked to you?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chris [/i]
[B]heh, i just ask a few people to name some girls and put the names on there. if you want off the list, just ask. but how can you have changed my life if i've never even talked to you? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]*Laughs* I was wondering why my name was on there. I was like "When did I agree to join that club?" Heh, it's all good and fun. I was joking with you anyway. ^_^[/color][/size]

I was real excited there. Someone said 'Joshness' and I thought it was me. Heeeeeey, waidaminute.... no-one here knows my real name *looks around*

*runs and hides*

Lots of the mods are cool, and seem like nice people. Basically all the mods seem great. Dunno why....Gosh, you mods are attractive.!

********Edit************

Thansk rich, I do actually remember you. Heh, everytime I see your on I go and look at your posts *beams in parent-ish way* lol.

********Edit***********

I'd like to thank ya Baron ,
I dont know if you remember me or not but when I first started on ob's you gave me some tips on how to do things rite( like not to double post......hehe )but you showed me with encouragement not jus plain old harshness,which helps alot when your a newbie, and for that you'll always be a good guy in my books, so thanks, barron.

Drix told me about Kanojo. I suppose the only thing I can say is that she is unique. So few posts, and, well, you'll have to see them for yourself. I personally thought she was gone, but as soon as she sees her name, she posts immediately afterwards. She is the only person on OB that I can say I know absolutely nothing about. It intrigues me that she can post so few times, and yet still check OB, searching for her own name. The mystery has a certain allure that I cannot describe. I can infer whatever I wish, but I know nothing, and I probably never will know anything. This saddens me :(

However, keep up the guise, Kanojo, never let go of your uniqueness. You have helped me realize that their is a person behind every action performed by that person. It makes me realize that there are some things I will never know, some experiences that will never happen. It shows me how limited life truly is. I will try and seek the true character behind everyone I know, because everyone is so unbelievable unique and interesting, and I will share what experiences I can with them while there is still time...

Wow, I really have no idea where any of that came from.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]I was real excited there. Someone said 'Joshness' and I thought it was me. Heeeeeey, waidaminute.... no-one here knows my real name *looks around*[/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Sorry Baron, I'm OB's official "Joshness."

See, the great thing about being a Category Mod is that you can make everything official. (Example: A Dagwood is the official comic-themed sandwich on the boards.)

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]Sorry Baron, I'm OB's official "Joshness."[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]And I gave you that nickname. Because you are special like that. And I even named my car after you, but my car is not special. So yes...

The Joshness and I are going to plan a trip together. It's super fun.[/color][/size]

I'm so happy that in my long stay here at OB I have affected so many people. :p Heh.

I'm not going to list anyone who's affected me. To do that I'd have to copy much of the member list. :whoops: Everyday I scan these boards, reading the posts of many of the individuals here. Your opinions, your ideas, your personal stories, they all help to shape me.

I'm sure many of you here don't know who I am, but I'm not particularly surprised by that. :toothy: But I do know you, or at least what you say and how you act here.

For those of you who do know me, know that you especially have affected me, and I will never forget what you have done for me. Thank you.

Mods and Admins, no thankful praise. Just a request that you keep the place running. ;)

I'm pretty sure I did this list thingy before, but I can't remember. So, I'll do it again (or perhaps for the first time).

Syk3 - Without a doubt, my best friend on OB. He always seems to be in just the right mood that I need to feel better when I talk to him. If I'm in a crappy mood, he's really silly, and if I'm in a overly silly mood, he's in a serious mood. Great guy to talk to; plus, he's a hell of a lot funnier on AIM than he is on OB (though, he has his moments here, too).

James - I've talked to him a few times in the last couple months and he's a real cool guy. He gave me some good advice on breaking into the journalism industry and was even nice enough to read a couple video game reviews I had done. Plus, he actually rivals my goofiness in chat rooms, which is a strange sight to see.

Semjaza Azazel - Gah, I can never find the time to IM him, which really sucks. I have a lot of respect for Semjaza's opinion on gaming, even if I disagree with him on occasion. Plus, he was really cool with me even after I made myself look like an *** those first few days after I came onto the boards. And I also find solace in the fact that he hates me just as much as he hates everyone else :p Booyah!

Charles - One of only two people I've had a good, serious wrestling conversation with. If that's not cool, I don't know what is. And he goes above and beyond my oddities in the chat room. I don't think I'll ever catch up to him, the bastard :p

Japan_86 - Always kind enough to invite me into her chats even after Kazuko and I always turn them into weird, perverted shells of their former selves (the chats, I mean). Nice girl to talk to.

Ruby - How can I forget my Ruby? Always super kind to me and pretty intelligent for someone so young. Plus, she's a hell of a lot more patient than I am - she helps me through some things from time to time.

OtakuSennen - Happy Organization of Really Nerdy Youths. Enough said.

Dragon Warrior - Makes some damned good comics and is always cool enough to drop on by and give me the heads up on updates. Plus, Gavynn's a really funny guy. And that dancing black mage is awesome, too.

LostProphet - LP is good people. Haven't talked to him in a while but he's a cool guy. The Air Force rules.

SaiyanPrincessX - Without my employer, I'd still be living in a cardboard box. But now that I have become her butler, opportunities have opened up for me everywhere. For example: I shined Eddie Vedder's shoes recently. [i]Eddie freaking Vedder![/i] I'm movin' on up...

Kazuko - Ah, what would the chats be without Kazuko and I dragging them down into the gutters? They wouldn't be as cool as they are now, I can tell you that much.

If I have been stupid enough to leave you off this list, do not hesitate to chastise me with extreme prejudice. LAPD level prejudice, if you must.