OtakuBoards

Hurricane Isabelle

Guest RPG&BattleKing

Guest RPG&BattleKing
For those of you who live on the east coast get ready. Hurricane Isabelle is hitting tommorow and the storm has already begun. Im not evacuating. I have no school all week but thats gunna come back at me. Who else is in isabelle's line of fire? I already know Anime_Forever is but who else? And if your not what are your thoughts on the situation?

Yes, they closed the school's here for the rest of the week, but they're still making some people work there while everyone else is home. Lately, it's hard to hear about anything except the hurricane. It's coming here too. Some people didn't know it was coming here. The water around here is about 10 miles from my house. The eye is supposed to be about 60 miles almost.

We're still trying to figure out if we're going into the basement or stay in the house. We might go to my grandma's house since they don't have any trees really close to their house. There's a tree about 40 ft in our backyard and it leans over the house right now. My mom went out to buy supplies and stuff about an hour ago.

That's all I really have to say though. Most things like this don't scare me. I can be calm in a lot of different situations. No matter how dangerous they might be.

Meh, living in texas, i dont have to worry about it to much. I used to live in NJ, so i'd probably just walk over to the church, and chill in the basement, cause it was Huge.

meh, my thoughts are that everything is over exagerrated till it hits. Then you can actually speculate on it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dayday [/i]
[B]Yes, they closed the school's here for the rest of the week, but they're still making some people work there while everyone else is home. Lately, it's hard to hear about anything except the hurricane. It's coming here too. Some people didn't know it was coming here. The water around here is about 10 miles from my house. The eye is supposed to be about 60 miles almost.

We're still trying to figure out if we're going into the basement or stay in the house. We might go to my grandma's house since they don't have any trees really close to their house. There's a tree about 40 ft in our backyard and it leans over the house right now. My mom went out to buy supplies and stuff about an hour ago.

That's all I really have to say though. Most things like this don't scare me. I can be calm in a lot of different situations. No matter how dangerous they might be. [/B][/QUOTE]
Just a question, why would you go into a basement when it would be the first place to be filled up by water?

[B]I can be calm in a lot of different situations. No matter how dangerous they might be. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't get calm... I get exited! ¬_¬

I was hoping it was coming my way. I'm a big fan of natural disasters. Where I live, it is very unlikely that it would flood. In 1938, a hurricane swept through here, destroyed everything, and made it an island (it cut off the strait to the mainland.) But I would like get SOME winds of Isabel.

They didn't close schools here because well only get tropical storm winds. :twitch: But I think we'll go late to school friday or maybe not go at all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry[/i]
[B]Just a question, why would you go into a basement when it would be the first place to be filled up by water?[/B][/QUOTE]

What kind of basements do they have in North Carolina? -_-

Because.... If your house collapses you wouldn't want to be under the ceillng. But Isabel isn't that big of a threat. It's a category 2. Maybe it will go up to a 3. But unless the eye is going to pass over you, don't worry.

Guest RPG&BattleKing
Im in Newport News Virginia so Ill pribably be hit bad. But Im happy. Last time I was in a hurricane (Hurricane Bonney) it was fun, but thats probably because it as night. Im just worried cause I dont hve renters insurance...

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]I'm in range of this hurricane, but I'm not going to do too much about it. Just hang around at my house, and try to remember to bring in the horses at the barn. My feelings about this situation? Nothing really, I'm not scared or even thinking about this hurricane, just living life as usual.

-Kitty[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]Just a question, why would you go into a basement when it would be the first place to be filled up by water? [/B][/QUOTE]

Meh *shrug* I don't know. My mom was talking on the phone and saying all kinds of stuff. Basement, bathrooms, doorways, but then she remembered that was an earthquake. Then we just started talking about all kinds of stuff. Plus, ours isn't underground. Maybe about 4 inches of it is but that's it. We can stand up in it. Don't ask me about it. I have a crazy family. But my plant keeps falling over now. It's so tiny and new. I can't let it die yet. Well, I'm crazy too, so I can't say anything about my whole family. Just never take us to ComicView. You'll have to have ear surgery by the time you leave.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xaru Silverfire [/i]
[B]I don't get calm... I get exited! ¬_¬ [/B][/QUOTE]

Well good for you. Just don't go into the kitchen and start grabbing knives.

I am, and i know The Bouncer is, he's one of my best friends, he lives like 2 miles away from me (now, it was 3 blocks).

I'm ready. i got my cd player, and battery powered radio, and LOTS of books. I guess i get to read more..

Everyone is hoping and praying that it's enough to get us out of school. I hope they keep power, thought- my life is computer and ps2. *sigh* i need a life.

[B]
Well good for you. Just don't go into the kitchen and start grabbing knives. [/B][/QUOTE]

Bravisimo, probably the funniest and by far most clever thing I've ever heard you say! :laugh: That was utter burn. I wonder what kind of ointment he'll need? I think Skin Grafts are in order *passes the burn victim some ice*.. poor guy.

:devil:

[color=crimson]I live in Virginia... Though I don't think it'll be really that strong where I live(not near the coast), but it'll probably be really windy anyways.

I think we're getting out half a day tommorrow, because of it too.[/color]

Right now, I am freaking out. I am sitting at home anticipating whats going to happen. We have perpared for this really well but I am stil nervous. They say its going to hit with 80-90 mile per hour winds and up to 9 inches of rain. I have a flood warning in my area and am watching the news as I type. My school has been closed and almost all the schools arouind me have been closed as well. The way its going to come through my area makes it look like we are gonna get anihalated. They are suspecting no power for 6-7 days from the massive amount of wind, so I am trying to get all my online and electronic stuff out of my system. I am really nervous though and I hope some other OBer's are out there on the same page as I am.

I live in ohio,so I'm not DIRECTLY in it,but it is supposed to hit us on friday. they expect rain from 5am until who knows when. My band director was talking about it today, but it's gonna suck so bad if we have to march through that on friday. We'll have to wear our raincoats,probably can't put our uniforms on even because they can;t get that wet,and I play a woodwind piccolo,so if it gets wet it's broken.GRAKLSDSDASDJLI....enough of my ranting....
I just hope my power doesn;t go out,and my grandparents live on the east coast--SC---but I'm sure they'll be alright. I wish luck to everybody else about to get hit.

Rofl, you bunch of pansies. You're scared of a category two? LOL, punks. Try a four or five. And then put a major river right in your back yard and get thirteen feet below sea level at the highest point, and be in a port city.

Then have the ground, which is already swampy and loose, so watered down that after a whole day of being in the sun, it's still half an inch submerged.

Then we'll talk.

Until that happens, have fun in the little rainstorm.

[Don't touch downed power lines. I know it sounds common sense, but really people. Be careful if your electricty goes out. I've seen what happens when you get careless. So, be safe, bring the pets inside, check on baby brother/sister and talk to grandma. Also, if your area floods, resist the urge to swim. Trust me on that.]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B]Bravisimo, probably the funniest and by far most clever thing I've ever heard you say! :laugh: That was utter burn. I wonder what kind of ointment he'll need? I think Skin Grafts are in order *passes the burn victim some ice*.. poor guy.

:devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

No, actually [i]that[/i] was pure burn.

Ah, I just hope it rains enough here to cancel marching band rehearsal tomorrow ^-^ I'm in Jersey, and everyone's talking about it all the time. Even if we're only getting hard rain and school won't even be closed.

I'm still looking forward to this ^-^

I am kinda in the range of the hurricane. I am not sure about what to expect here in N.Y. I know it`s supposed to rain tonight. I hope school is closed on Friday because I have lots of test.

If the hurricane does hit where I am at, then I am prepared. We got a new emergency kit since the blackout and lots of water.

Oh, please. As long as you don't do anything stupid, then you'll be just fine. For fifteen straight years, I've dealt with hurricanes, tornadoes, and all different types of percipitation. With the same conditions I mentioned above, no less.

You all need to stop pissing on yourselves and be realistic. If a man can be struck by lightning, over 200,000 volts and 50,000 degrees, then you can survive being in your house for a day or two while the water comes within two inches of your doorstep.