OtakuBoards

Desktop-O-Rama

Corey

[size=1] Ah...I'm currently using my little Cloud-obsession layout with the wallpaper and...a matching winamp! *cheers* O_o;;; Because I love him...yes I do.

[img]http://maladjusted161.250free.com/wpshot.bmp[/img]

I used to have a very simple wallpaper with just a picture of Calvin and Hobbes [:D], but I felt like using the Cloud wallpaper more. =_=[/size]

[color=deeppink]I've downsized this, but it's still big so :P

And QuickLaunch is the ONLY way to go when it comes to desktop icons ::shudders at the thought of a cluttered desktop:: Ew.

This is my cat. And seeing as how I am a photographer, I took the photo myself.[/color]

[img]http://babygirl.250free.com/desktop_chloe.jpg[/img]

Well, I needed somewhere to post really badly. So here is my desktop. As you can see I'm talking to some people, but I edited their names out because...I just did. =P Maybe they don't want it to be known they associate with a loser like me. *cries*

Anyway...here it is.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=488577[/img]

[color=deeppink]Agh, wrist cutter, I just realized that your desktop picture is grossly underexposed. AHHHG.

I hope you didn't take it because then I would have just offended you terribly...my apologies if you did. Studying photography has obviously given me the most severely critical eye when it comes to looking at photos...

[P.S. I hate winter. Even though it's [b]very closely[/b] associated with my name, I still hate it.][/color]

I just took a screen shot, and here it is, in honor of a new anime that I got for my birthday. Let's see if you can guess the name. I also left it in an upload so that this page could load a bit faster; I mean -- [i]some people![/i] Just kidding, heh. <_<"

O_O *looks at Syk's wallpaper* I'm special-ful. I'm in the screenshot. :p

I like that wallpaper a lot, Syk, not because of my messages and Invader Zim buddy icon in it, but because of the wallpaper. It's really awesome, using some really nice effects.

Hm.. What anime IS that from? Oh, yes. Berserk, correct? I never would have noticed. *looks at the middle of the wallpaper* Oh.

*sniff* I want Windows XP too. My task bar is always cluttered with 20 AIM windows.. That looks so convenient to have them all grouped in one.

Nice job, Syk. You made it yourself, right?

As for me, my brother has stupid Bionicle Lego wallpaper on right now and he won't let me change it. I demand an Evangelion one, but nope. I'm the one online 20 hours a day, and he's on one half hour in a month and gets his own wallpaper. Considering I didn't make it, I'd rather not post it.

I want my own computer.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]Agh, wrist cutter, I just realized that your desktop picture is grossly underexposed. AHHHG.

I hope you didn't take it because then I would have just offended you terribly...my apologies if you did. Studying photography has obviously given me the most severely critical eye when it comes to looking at photos...
[/B][/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. And no I didn't take it, so no problems there.

If you'd like to remedy the situation and take a better picture of a snowy scene, I'd use it... well if I like it as much as this one anyway. It was the content of the picture moreso than the quality that drew me in (but I'm sure that was obvious).

[color=002E55]I'd like a desktop image that is a little brighter, but I recently formatted and lost all of my old ones.

'scuse the bad quality, no image conversion programs except for paint.. due to aforementioned format. ;)

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=489306[/img][/color]

Nice, nice. My favorite is Red's with the whole "tech" look. Very cool. Is that stuff to the right realtime data, or just part of the picture?

Here's mine. I'm slowing moving my entire look over to Naruto, but I'm not quite there yet, as you can see with my .hack wallpaper. :D Oh, and I shrank everything from 1024x760 to 800x600, so that's why it's a little blurry. Haha, I will always advertise MusicMatch and Trillian! :)

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=489655[/IMG]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]Nice, nice. My favorite is Red's with the whole "tech" look. Very cool. Is that stuff to the right realtime data, or just part of the picture? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=002E55]It's real-time updates, I got it because I was having problems with my CPU and RAM getting used up for no reason and I wanted to see when it was happening. It's a little program called CoolMon.

[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gamemasterkev00 [/i]
[B]
Syk: How do you do that with AIM, so it's all in one thing?
[/B][/QUOTE]

That's called Dead AIM, my friend. I have it too. You can either download it [spoiler]illegally from Kazaa[/spoiler] or you can get a paid subscription to it. It's got some nice options that regular AIM doesn't have:

[size=1][b]Clone AIM[/b] - you can sign on as two people at a time without logging out

[b]Transparency[/b] - you can make your chat window transparent according to your liking

[b]Logging[/b] - you can have all your conversations recorded and placed in neat little folders according to screen name

[b]Notifications[/b] - a little blue box pops up in the bottom right corner telling you when someone signs on/signs off/goes away/comes back

[b]Tabbed Windows[/b] - the best feature, all your windows become one

[b]Hide[/b] - you can hide the stock ticker, general buttons, and list buttons if you choose[/size]

It's worth the download to get Dead AIM for sure. :) By the way, it works like a patch, you don't need to delete AIM before getting it.