Marilyn Manson
Static X
Nothingface
Murderdolls
NIN
Rob Zombie
Mudvayne
Metallica

And any bands of that type... Cuz KoRn is my favorite and at the last anime board I was at people yelled at me for liking KoRn and I felt all mad and sad and scared that I didn't belong at that board anymore, so please don't yell at me if you don't like any of these bands :drunk:

Metallica, and System Of A Down are my favourite bands, out of the list you provided. They're quite good actually.

Slipknot, Mudvayne, Korn, and the like, are different to me. I've heard them before, and quite a few of their songs sounded really good, though I don't tend to follow them alot.

In case you're interested, try checking out Staind, Sevendust, and Nirvana, their music is great. Especially if you like the hard rock type of music, in which I assume you do from the list. :)

KoRn is one of those bands that just are popular to hate now. It happens rather often, since music seems to go in cycles. Once a band starts trailing off and people move onto other things there is this idea of "Eew, you liked them!?" from these people, when you know very well that they most likely were playing Life is Peachy or Follow the Leader years back.

Anyway, I like KoRn. I'm not a massive fan. Personally, I liked Issues the most from them... although I find I'm in a very small minority. Maybe it wasn't enough like their past stuff for some people, but I think they kind of hit their stride on that album.

Slipknot... MFKR is still awesome. The self-titled is decent. Iowa is awful. How they went from the excellence of MFKR to the wall of annoying noise that is Iowa, I have no idea. Not a huge fan of them either.

System of a Down is great. One of the top few nu-metal bands there is, in my opinion. Both their self-titled and Toxicity are simply excellent. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon an unmastered release of theirs. It was a full CD of stuff I've never heard anywhere, and I guess it was set to be printed in 2002. It never was for whatever reason. I finally managed to get ahold of copies of their demo tapes as well. Yay!

Marilyn Manson is one of my top three bands (they jump around with Bowie and the Pixies). I don't think I need to say too much about them. I had a thread for Golden Age of Grotesque awhile back, but it didn't seem like many people who posted even heard the album. As far as I know, I am their biggest fan here lol.

Static X is fun, but I have no real interest in them. No preference with Nothingface, although I am surprised they got somewhere. I had heard about them quite awhile ago and never knew they caught on.

Murderdolls I'm still mixed on. They obviously are trying to be like the Misfits, although they're a hell of a lot more vulgar about it. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I find most of their songs rather hard to listen to.

NIN is another favorite of mine. We had a decent sized thread on them awhile back. I seem to be the biggest NIN fan here, to my knowledge.

Rob Zombie is cool, but he can't compare to the old White Zombie stuff. Hellbilly Deluxe was cool, the follow up sucked and now he has some greatest hits disc coming out. Just make new material already.

I'm not a fan of Mudvayne. I bought their last release and I didn't like it at all. I sent it off to treton_noir instead. I've not heard a lot of their older stuff, but from the comments the band make they made it seem like they sounded like old Manson. I don't know what they mean by 'old' though. Spooky Kids old? Portrait Old? ACS old? I don't know. All I know is that I'm not a fan.

Metallica has some classics, but I've never really been a big fan of theirs either.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]KoRn is one of those bands that just are popular to hate now. It happens rather often, since music seems to go in cycles. Once a band starts trailing off and people move onto other things there is this idea of "Eew, you liked them!?" from these people, when you know very well that they most likely were playing Life is Peachy or Follow the Leader years back.

Anyway, I like KoRn. I'm not a massive fan. Personally, I liked Issues the most from them... although I find I'm in a very small minority. Maybe it wasn't enough like their past stuff for some people, but I think they kind of hit their stride on that album. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I like Follow the Leader the best. I like Issues, but it's not my favorite. I haven't even heard Untouchables. I just sort of fell out of sync with KoRn. When I was a Freshman/Sophomore in high school, that's almost all I listened to. I had a billion T-shirts...I can only find one now. And I am willing to give it away. Wait...I gave it to my younger sister. ^_^; Anywho, I still pop them in on occassion.

And as for the other bands named, I like a bit of almost all of them.[/color][/size]

I love all those bands u said, plus more!

NothingFace is my absolute favorite right now. they sound like a mix of slipknot and Mudvayne. very awesome though

SlipKnoT has been a fav also. Sure i cant understand half their lyrics but if i listen to them long enough i do hear them.

Mudvayne is awesome. The song Dig off of their old album and A World So Cold off their new album is awesome.

Some other bands to check out is Ill Nino, Stone Sour, Staind, and a few other heavy metal bands:)

[COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B]Okay, I've selected the bands I like from the list and heres my 'Two Cents' (Or pence for me cause I'm from England :D)

[U]KoRn[/U]
I've heard quite a few of their songs and my fave by far has to be 'Thoughtless' and it's first re-mix, it's an amazing song.

[U]Slipknot[/U]
They were the first 'Alternative' band that I liked until I grew out of them :sweat: but quite a few of their songs are good, like 'Wait and Bleed' and 'Left Behind'

[U]System of a Down[/U]
Amazing band! All of their songs on 'Toxicity' are great and I like 'Aerials' most of all

[U]Marilyn Manson[/U]
I like a lot of his early stuff and some of his latest things are bad either I.E. 'mOBSCENE' and 'This is the new s**t'

[U]Static X[/U]
Again, a great band with some good songs. Like 'Cold' and the one I can't remember which was also gd ><[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xyandar [/i]
[B]
NothingFace is my absolute favorite right now. they sound like a mix of slipknot and Mudvayne. very awesome though

Some other bands to check out is Ill Nino, Stone Sour, Staind, and a few other heavy metal bands:) [/B][/QUOTE]

^.^ I already be knowing of dose bands, and they're all awesome! Yay! I'm so happy that you guys don't hate KoRn!!

scrmngfangrl:

Marilyn Manson is beautiful, so I don't see why you think it's weird to have a crush on him.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fall [/i]
[B]
In case you're interested, try checking out Staind, Sevendust, and Nirvana, their music is great. Especially if you like the hard rock type of music, in which I assume you do from the list. [/B][QUOTE]

I already listen to dem, exceedingly good bands ^.^ I especially like Nirvana. It saddens me that Kurt Cobain is dead, but it's been almost 10 years and there's nothing I can do about it.

I basically like anything that has, but is not all, yell-y scream-y stuff ^.^ For example, Static X. I especially like their new song, Cold. It's really awesome!

Let's see...

KoRn:

I love them! I've gotten every CD that they put out since Follow the Leader...and I must say, I'm quite satisfied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Slipknot:

Err, I only really like one of their songs, Wait and Bleed. The other ones...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
System of a Down:

Owned! I love them! I heard Chop Suey on the radio and I knew that I had to go out and buy that album. I bought Steal this Album, also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marilyn Manson:

I like him. Went to Ozzfest just to see him...and other bands, of course. But he rules!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Static X:

Hmm, I only liked one of their songs, Cold. It's very...nice?

Nothingface:

Never heard of them...I'll look them up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murderdolls:

Again, never heard of them either...I'll look em up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NIN:

Been listening to them since '89. Like them, love them, want more of them...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Zombie:

I exceptionally like this artist. Expecially the song, Living Dead Girl. It's nice to listen to...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mudvayne:

Umm...heard of them. Don't particularly like them...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Metallica:

Ah! My favorite band! I've been listening to Metallica since...Goddess, I can't remember! I truly love these guys! I really like their new album, St. Anger. It's great!

Guest Amorphous
[color=crimson][size=1]Well lets see the ones I listen to out of that list would have to be.

KoRn: I only have one CD by them, but I still love there style. I'm trying to get my hands on more though.

Marilyn Manson: I do really like his music a lot... I don't have any CD's by him, of course which really sucks. But my favorite songs by him would have to be Reedemer and The Beautiful People.

Static X: I really like the vocals to this band. Favorite songs are Cold and Black and White as of right now. I haven't gotten CD's, but like most money that is in my hands, I squander it on Anime.

Nine Inch Nails: I fell in love with this band. God I'm listening to them right now and it's 1:40am. Current song: Reptile. Favorite songs by them of course right now. Eraser, Heresy, Closer, and Star****ers Inc at times. Oh and of course The Beauty of Being Numb.

As for any other bands, well lets see. Disturbed would be the only other one.
[/color][/size]

Guest Magdalena
KoRn - The second rock band I ever liked. Some of their stuff, I like, some I don't.

Slipknot - Never could get into them. =/

System of a Down - I like them, but not to the fanatical stage that I do for some other bands.

Marilyn Manson - So many songs.. so little time. I love this guy, he's a good business man, he knows how to shock; how to evoke the emotion he wants. I really dont like GAOG... but it has a few songs I like.

Static X - Hehe, mmmmmm. Wayne Static. I mean I like them only for the music, I swear! I actually really do like this band, they are kickass.

Nothingface - Don't like them. Simple as that.

Murderdolls - Same as Slipknot, only in red and black(mmmm)

NIN - I'd definitely want to **** Trent like an animal, (hehe) but nevertheless, this band kicks ***. Kicks major major major ***.

Rob Zombie - 4th rock band I ever got into. :-D

Mudvayne - Hell yes, I love this band.

Metallica - Hate the new stuff.. as in 1997-on.

KoRn - I used to be a really big fan of theirs, but I didn't really care for Untouchables. I still listen to the odd song of theirs on occasion, though.

Slipknot - Not really a big Slipknot fan. Just a bunch of noise and stuff. Not particulary good sounding noise, either.

System of a Down - I like System of a Down, but I still haven't heard Steal This Album. Toxicity was good, as was their self-titled album.

Marilyn Manson - Unlike a lot of people who don't really like Manson's stuff, I've actually listened to the music lol. Some of it I like, some of it I don't.

Static X - Static X is cool, but I haven't listened to them in a while. There are better bands out there.

Nothingface - Haven't really heard an album of theirs. No opinion.

Murderdolls - Same as Nothingface.

NIN - Ah, my favorite band is on the list. Amazing quality albums that just explode with ambience and sound...I can't say enough about them. And I won't bore you with me talking about how much I like 'em.

Rob Zombie - I used to listen to White Zombie, but I haven't really picked up any of Rob Zombie's solo stuff. White Zombie is cool, though.

Mudvayne - They're better than Slipknot, but not by much. Pretty much the same problems I have with Slipknot, I have with Mudvayne.

Metallica - The old stuff was cool, the new stuff sucks. Enough said.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]Mudvayne - They're better than Slipknot, but not by much. Pretty much the same problems I have with Slipknot, I have with Mudvayne.[/B]

Have you heard their [I]New[/I] album?? They have changed alot since their first album. Took the makup off, toned down their voices a little. "World So Cold" is a really nice song by them. They dont screm till at the end but isnt really scream either.

KoRn- I use to like them but the new stuff isn't that great.

Slipknot-Iowa Sucked >_< but the rest of their cd's are good

System of a Down- I listen to Soad alot.

Marilyn Manson- manson's a woderful artist and I listen to alot of his music.

Static X- they have their moments.

Nothingface-Only heard a little of them.

Murderdolls- not a fan

NIN- I stalk trent as a religion.

Rob Zombie-he has a few decent songs but half the time I dislike him.

Mudvayne- I only like them when they do songs with other people.

Metallica- I hate LARS >_<

Why would you ask this question? You know damn well at least SOMEONE would like any of these bands... they are only THE MOST WELL KNOWN ROCK BANDS IN AMERICA... thats all... but yet you still ask? I'm confused as to why you would post such a useless and retorical question. It's like me asking if anyone has heard of Britney Spears or The Beatles...

Anyway, the answer this question, I only like Metallica and Rob Zombie out of that group... most of the other bands suck (especially System of a clown). Manson is good, but I just never got that far into their music (Same with NIN), though Manson is INSANELY popular in Japan, probably way more so than here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Why would you ask this question? You know damn well at least SOMEONE would like any of these bands... they are only THE MOST WELL KNOWN ROCK BANDS IN AMERICA... thats all... but yet you still ask? I'm confused as to why you would post such a useless and retorical question. It's like me asking if anyone has heard of Britney Spears or The Beatles...

[/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] I don't see you hopping off and making threads about JAPANESE BANDS THAT ARE THE MOST KNOWN AND SUPPOSING PEOPLE SHOULD POST. Gah.

At least this person made some thread; it's better than some spammorific touch on "WUTZ UR FVRITE MOVIE OMG LOL WTF!!!111."

System of a Down is one of the best bands in a long long time to come out. They have this really abstract style which begs the listener into at least accepting what they are. Their first two albums are utter genius, and their first, self-titled, is the best of these two albums. The second one is really polished--I don't like that as much. I like visceral like System had in their first album.

KoRn is good. I only own [i]Untouchables[/i], and this CD alone is pretty good in parts, although most songs sound the same in some effect. I want to buy [i]Follow the Leader[/i] but I've never gotten to it. But I have heard every song from that album, as well as from [i]Issues[/i]. I'm surprised Tony likes [i]Issues[/i] more than any other album. The album's just a little above average in my opinion. But what do I really know, I don't like the band too much anyways.

Marilyn Manson is decent from what I have heard. My friend recently gave me about 6 or 10 songs, and I've been listening to them randomly. I believe nearly each song is from [i]The Golden Age of the Grotesque[/i] except for a few. I'm sure I'll end up liking him in some form or another.

Static X I haven't heard enough of to really say anything. I remember seeing one of their videos when I was first getting into music...but they seem fun when they get there, and that's about all. Their new album, called [i]Transform[/i] (?) isn't supposed to be too good from the reviews I have read--but I never listen to those anyways.

The name Murdedolls rings a very copper-toned, rusted bell. I'm sure my friend has gotten some of their music or something, otherwise, I haven't heard anything of this band.

NothingFace I have one song from, which my friend has given me, and I haven't even listened to it. I doubt I would be a big fan.

I haven't heard anything of Rob Zombie either.

I have heard a tad of Mudvayne, and I find them decent at best.

Metallica is probably my most well-known band on this entire list. I own [i]Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All[/i], and [i]St. Anger[/i]. They are probably one of my favorite bands--mainly just for [i]Master of Puppets[/i], which I love a lot. As a band they must be something for being around as long as they have. I really like how they have such a heavy instrumental style, and a vocalistic way of beating things to the death, most noteably with songs such as "Master of Puppets" where they repeat the same verses over and over again, and beat you and beat you to a bloody pulp. I love that. I also love that they have such long songs, especially on their older albums during the period where they were doing this a lot.

Nine Inch Nails is certain to become one of my favorite bands. Tony is going to send me stuff of theirs in the mail, but otherwise, I have only heard about four or five songs of theirs. Each and every one is amazing in its own right.[/size]

^.^ Thank you, Mitch. Yeah, I know that these bands are popular, Transtic Nerve, but at the other message board I used to be at, I asked this same question, and people bit my fookin head off. So I decided to see how people here would respond. Now I need a straitjacket cuz you called them System of a Clown. Twitching.... twitching..... Okay, I'm good.

I have all the KoRn albums because I really love them, can't wait to get the new album. I've done my hair like one of them, and I'm pleased that people here don't hate them as much as they did at the other board ^.^

I'll spare you from my rant of why System of a clown sucks, you can read that in that POS thread down on this page somewhere.

[quote][b]I don't see you hopping off and making threads about JAPANESE BANDS THAT ARE THE MOST KNOWN AND SUPPOSING PEOPLE SHOULD POST. Gah. [/b][/quote]

Yeah because I know I'll have 3 responces or no one will care. I don't post about Japanese bands cause I know no one knows anything about them to put up any type of intellectual conversation... the only people that do know anything I can ask personally, which usually is wrist cutter. This forum is dominated by insanely popular bands. There's a topic every month on SOAC... or Linkin Park, or Metallica... and they always ask the same thing.... have you heard of _____? or... who likes _______?... or how about _____'s new album! I just can't understand why you would ask something when it's obvious what the answer will be. No one is gonna answer "I've never heard of any of those cause I've been living under a rock the last 10 years"... the only answers you'll get are "Yeah, _____ rocks!".... unless I respond, which usually ends up being negative, cause I don't waste my time resonding to bands I like cause of the aformentioned.

If you want, I'll be more than happy to post a new Japanese or unknown (to Americans) music thread every week, if it'll make you happy :) Then you can tell me how much they suck :p

Well if you expect people to break this mold, you can't just yell at them and tell them they are stupid and ignorant every time it comes up. Personally I just don't care for 95% of the Japanese music I've bothered to listen to, which is apparently how you feel about most US music. Doesn't matter, it's all subjective.

I know most people know these bands. Makes no difference. I posted my opinions and thoughts on them, and so did some others (with exceptions). I'm obviously annoyed when all people talk about at this place is LP, but at least there were a few differences mentioned in here. Besides it's not as clear cut as "I hate them." or "I like them." as evidenced by most of the posts here -- even yours. I still managed to come up with a decent post, I thought.

So basically, since people have talked about these bands before (some many times, a couple rather rarely) it can never be brought up again? The poster of this topic is a rather new member and thoughts can change. It's obviously another story when we have a new LP thread every month, but that's not all this was regulated to... thankfully lol.

Oh well.

I'm not yelling, I'm asking in a sterm undermining tone.

I just don't understand. Isn't there life in music in America beyond Linkin Park and System of a clown? It seems thats what every damn person listens to. Or if you like Japanese music it's always Gackt or GLAY that they yap about all the time. Why can't people like several different genres... Half of my music collection is European Dance/Trance another one-third is American/Japanese rock, and the rest is Japanese pop. Thats about as diverse as you can get. I also have alot of instrumental music too, like soundtracks and the sort... I think alot of people don't even give anything else a chance, and I think thats what bothers me. When I offered to play Japanese msuic for some friends, they automatically denied, not even KNOWING what it might or might not sound like... how friggin ignorant is that? It's just annoying... Typical American music listeners listen to whats popular and thats it... and thats just so ignorant to music. Its the reason we have the RIAA up our asses, it's the reason why bands drop off the face of the planet, it's why artists change their music half the time... they want to be popular, they have to please the listener, thus they have to change their sound to do so. But whatever... it's their loss. Sorry I interupted your thread.

Fine, stern undermining tone :p lol

Well, it's not as if people who listen to mostly Western music don't go through the same thing. I don't exactly have an easy time getting anyone I know to listen to anything I like. lol Getting people to even overcome their unexplainable hatred for Marilyn Manson is always a chore. Trying to explain a band to someone and then having them tell you they're not interested based only on one word you used or a single song title. I know how this is. I'm sure many people do. It's not just a cultural thing, as you know.

I've had countless band threads that I've created just fall down the list into nothingness. Bands whose threads I'm interested in generally have the same problem. The Misfits are a recent example. I'm expecting that Bowie thread to die too, honestly.

Then there was Curve, tweaker, godhead, Butthole Surfers, The Soundtrack of Our Lives and a few more that I posted. Plus random ones from other people. All faded to obscurity. Somehow the Dream Theater and Manson threads actually went somewhere, although half the Manson thread wasn't even about the CD. I think only a few people who posted even heard the damn thnig lol.

Getting people to try something they've not heard of is even harder... and we're talking languages they can actually understand. Japanese is a whole other more difficult matter. Hell, any other language is (outside of Spanish to an extent). I'm still surprised that Rammstein even overcame that bridge, honestly.

I think, in general, people want to be able to sing along with lyrically based songs. Most people just cannot do that with Japanese music. I must have listened to Akino Arai's Voices or Faye Wong's Up to the Brambles a million times, but I still don't know a single word in them (and those are relatively slow paced, easily followed songs unlike some of the rock stuff I've tried). Obviously that's just part of the issue though. There are a lot of other factors. For me, personally, it's that a lot of Japanese music that is recommended to me just sounds really dated. Obviously I don't have tons to compare to, but that's my thought on it all so far. It makes me reluctant to go all out to find other groups. Anything else I want to try (such as Inugami Circus-dan) just isn't easy to find... I don't know what more to do about that lol.

I don't know. I guess that's another thread altogether. I've already said my thoughts on it all at myOtaku in the past, and some people agreed, some people jumped at me. What can you do? Nothing, I guess heh. Let it out sometimes and just deal with it the rest of the time. That's all I've managed to find that works.

I'm done lol

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I'll spare you from my rant of why System of a clown sucks, you can read that in that POS thread down on this page somewhere.

Yeah because I know I'll have 3 responces or no one will care. I don't post about Japanese bands cause I know no one knows anything about them to put up any type of intellectual conversation... the only people that do know anything I can ask personally, which usually is wrist cutter. This forum is dominated by insanely popular bands. There's a topic every month on SOAC... or Linkin Park, or Metallica... and they always ask the same thing.... have you heard of _____? or... who likes _______?... or how about _____'s new album! I just can't understand why you would ask something when it's obvious what the answer will be. No one is gonna answer "I've never heard of any of those cause I've been living under a rock the last 10 years"... the only answers you'll get are "Yeah, _____ rocks!".... unless I respond, which usually ends up being negative, cause I don't waste my time resonding to bands I like cause of the aformentioned.

If you want, I'll be more than happy to post a new Japanese or unknown (to Americans) music thread every week, if it'll make you happy :) Then you can tell me how much they suck :p [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] I am just sick of you complaining when we actually have something here in the Music Lounge. At least this place isn't like the Poetry forum. Have you ever gone there? [i]Barely anyone posts there[/i], and especially none of the older and cooler members I've come to know--except for Heavens Cloud, and Sara on occasion. But that is all.

Instead of bitching, just don't say anything if a thread annoys you--don't even post. We've seen this same song and dance from you many times before, kindly, TN, once is enough lol. At least we have some intelligent discussion in here, whereas in the forum I moderate next to nothing happens.

It just annoys me. If it bothers you so much, then instead of bitching, do something about it; make your japanese band threads every week, post about other music that you love. It works a lot better than bitching at every person that makes a good thread in here.[/size]